The SoA Cast in Other Gangs: Oops, Roles

• Please log in to reply

166 replies to this topic

ttfr1

ttfr1

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 12:25 PM

Saw Ryan Hurst in an indy film titled 'Noble Things'. It's been playing on Showtime this month. He was the best thing about it. The story-line is good but some of the acting is flat. A few of the people in the film are country music 'stars' so I guess this was their first acting gig and it showed. Ryan was very good, though. He had me tearing up in a lot of his scenes. It was also refreshing to see him with short hair and no beard :) I wish Ope would pull a Jax and get a cut and shave.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 12:06 AM

Just rewatched Children of Men and had no idea that Charlie Hunnam was in it! Maybe because he's speaking in his native accent and has dreadlocks (!!!) but I never made the connection.

Edited by Amester0120, Oct 23, 2011 @ 1:21 AM.

Snookums

Snookums

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

I was watching a rerun of The Mentalist (SHUT UP DON'T JUDGE ME) and spotted William Lucking (Piney) in a role as a judge. The cognitive dissonance nearly made my head explode!

But I must say, seeing him all cleaned up in a official robe and not a boozed out oxygen-tubed wreck really drew my attention to his authoritative aura and beautiful blue eyes. And I realize I am capable of being jealous of any hypothetical partner of a man I have never met who's old enough to be my grandfather. You got it goin' on, Pines.

Kim Coates, who plays Tig, will be in Resident Evil: Afterlife as "Bennett".

Saw the commercial for the Resident Evil movie during SoA and said "Hey, that's Tig!" so I looked it up to verify:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Kim_Coates
http://en.wikipedia....Evil:_Afterlife

I checked that second link and it looks like the guy who played the chili-demanding cop, Boris Kodjoe, is in it too! Maybe they met on set and Kim got him a part on SOA?

Edited by Snookums, Oct 26, 2011 @ 1:09 PM.

minirth

minirth

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 3:22 PM

I watched 30 Days of Night this weekend, and was delighted to see Mark Boone, Jr. He was a delightfully cantankerous longer -- kind of a cross between Bobby Elvis and Piney. He was awesome.

extrakitty

extrakitty

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 8:53 PM

Mark Boone, Jr. was in The Quick and The Dead playing "Scars". If I hadn't seen his name in the credits, I wouldn't have recognized him.

elkana

elkana

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 11, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

Ron Perlman is going to be the Guest Programmer on TCM on November 22nd. He's picked out some great films.

minirth

minirth

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2011 @ 6:58 PM

I caught Theo Rossi in a 2-part Grey's Anatomy ep today as a paramedic trapped in a crashed ambulance, with his lower half crushed, waiting to die. He was all sorrowful eyes and heartbreak... god, I love him.

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2011 @ 7:19 PM

So, I'm just sitting here enjoying my new set of Justified S1 DVD's when who pops up on my screen but Ray McKinnon aka Lincoln Potter. It's actually kind of nice he's not jumping up on tables or otherwise being a fucking weirdo.

sobell

sobell

Network Executive

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 1:38 AM

Who/what did he play? I do not have any recollection of him at all.

Then again, last season looms so large, courtesy of the Bennett clan.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 2:37 AM

He played a hired killer on Justified. Well spoken and snarky but not spaced out or rednecky.

akh

akh

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2011 @ 10:16 AM

Not surprised that no one has mentioned Jeff Kober in "The First Power (1990)" with Lou Diamond Phillips. It's the first time I can remember seeing him on screen. He has such a memorable face. TFP was pretty hokey, but Kober is a great scary dude.

I am surprised no one else has mentioned "The Ledge (2011)" with Charlie Hunnam. The wife and I caught it on one of the movie channels the other night. Filmed in Baton Rouge, it also has Terrence Howard (L&O, LA), Patrick Wilson (A Gifted Man), Chris Gorham (Covert Affairs), and Liv Tyler in it. It's a pretty decent flick, well worth a look for the SoA fans.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 1:59 PM

William Lucking, although technically a former cast member, will be in Contraband with Mark Wahlberg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YQ73g0TCSnk

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 8:28 AM

Did anyone catch Mark Boone, Jr. as one of the 'guest judges' on the 'Junior Vs. Senior Biker Buildoff' ep of American Chopper?

Jesse James built the third bike. I never heard this guy open his mouth and, when he did, an avalanche of douchebaggery just spewed from it. What an idiot!

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

I read through the whole thread and couldn't believe nobody mentioned Kim Coates' role in Waterworld as the "Drifter". Some of his gestures on SOA have me cracking up just from the image of him I have from that role.

...and the reason I read through the thread in the first place was to see if anyone mentioned a great, older movie I just saw with Ron Perlman called Quest for Fire. This movie was a lot funnier to me because of the image I have of Perlman from his role as Clay.

Megamos

Megamos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

I was watching Lie To Me on Netflix and Tommy Flanagan was in an episode. He was playing a bad guy, but not THE bad guy. He was mean, intimidating and super creepy. I seriously got the chills.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

I have been watching HBO's Enlightened and Bellina Logan (Fiona ) has a small role in it... also, I haven't watched Downton Abbey yet but apparently Zoe Boyle (Trinity) played a pretty big role in S2

Maggie Siff and Robin Weigert are working at a movie together:

http://www.davidkrut...ilm-concussion/

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Jan 14, 2012 @ 2:04 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 15, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Thanks for the information about Zoe Boyle. I knew her character on Downton Abbey (Lavinia Swire) looked familiar, but I couldn’t place her. She plays the new interest for male romantic lead, Matthew.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

Old news to many here, I'm sure, but my brain totally exploded last night when I learned Jax used to boink Littlefinger on Queer as Folk UK.

MUST. SEE.

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Theo Rossi will be a guest star on Alcatraz later this season! After watching the first two eps (and looking at the titles for the upcoming ones), it seems like he'll be playing the featured character for the episode.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to see Maggie Siff pop up in Funny People. She's only in one scene though.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Someone on tumblr put together this handy list of SOA casting news.

Edit: Oops the link doesn't work so here's the list:

Theo Rossi - on an episode of Hawaii Five-0 (CBS), airs Feb. 6.
Theo Rossi - will also be on Alcatraz (FOX) playing ‘Sonny, a business man with a dark side, who became ultra-violent during his stint 50 years ago at the infamous prison.’ March 5.
Tommy Flanagan- on an episode of Law & Order: SVU (NBC) as a bookie. The episode is titled “Home Invasions” and it will air Feb 15.
Maggie Siff - on A Gifted Man (Feb 24 at 9pm on CBS) and it stars Patrick Wilson & Margo Martindale.
Maggie Siff – starring in the play, The Taming of the Shrew, in New York starting in March.
Kim Coates - in the movie, Goon, with Sean William Scott. On Demand February 24 & in theaters March 30.

Edited by Amester0120, Feb 9, 2012 @ 11:34 AM.

happy turtles

happy turtles

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

Theo Rossi was on last night's Hawaii Five-O, playing a federal fugitive. My husband almost didn't recognize him, what with the full head of hair and all...

Also, watched A Little Help starring Jenna Fischer the other night, and was pleasantly surprised to see Kim Coates playing a malpractice attorney.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

I found out that Winter Ave Zoli (Lyla) was Isabel Linton in an adaptation of Wuthering Heights made for the Italian television, Cime Tempestose (i.e., WH in Italian). Here's a clip (of course WAZ is dubbed in Italian):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=15PjsBc9Pec

Hopefully one day she'll get a role in which her love interest is not obsessed with a woman he can't have...

Edited by Beautiful Leah, Feb 8, 2012 @ 5:56 PM.

Megamos

Megamos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

Tommy Flanagan is going to be on Law and Order: SVU tonight (Feb. 15).

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

Theo Rossi was really good in Alcatraz last Monday. That note of sweetness Jesus has was totally absent, and it made his portrayal of a killer all the more chilling.

RocketFuel

RocketFuel

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Caught that "Hero Wanted" movie someone mentioned a while back that had Kim Coates and Tommy Flanagan in it. Not the best movie, but worth it to see Tig and Chibs together in a past life robbing a bank. Flanagan has more screen time, but both are still badass mofos (I was totally cheering for them).

Coincidentally Sin City was on tv the other night and Flanagan was equally awesome as an Irish mercenary "Suck on this you stupid slag!"

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that Paula Malcomson (Maureen Ashby) was Katniss's mom in The Hunger Games. I was racking my brain trying to figure out where I knew her from.

Dirndl

Dirndl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

Thank you Amester0120, now I remember! I kept wondering but my mind just wouldn't cooperate. She did a good job with the small part she was given.

Maggie Siff gets great reviews (one example here) for her role in "The Taming of the Shrew". I love how she keeps going back to the theatre during the hiatus. Now if just Europe weren't so far away, I wish I could go and see one of her plays.

In addition to that, she also has a movie called "Concussion" coming out in which she has a supporting role. The trailer can be watched here.

Edited by Dirndl, Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:42 PM.

RocketFuel

RocketFuel

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:07 AM

Wow, this poster of Hunnam and Perlman's movie Frankie Go Boom gave me a start. A clip. Decidedly not their SoA characters!

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

Kurt Sutter's new reality show "Outlaw Empires" premieres tonight on Discovery Channel.