The SoA Cast in Other Gangs: Oops, Roles

• Please log in to reply

166 replies to this topic

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 11:24 AM

SAMCRO and its associates weren't/aren't always the people we see before us. Once upon a time, Clay was a noble beast named Vincent on Beauty and the Beast, Gemma was another housewife named Peg on Married: With Children. Kozik used to be a cop named Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky on The Shield. What's more, Jimmy O used to be that Smoke Monster on Lost. Believe it or not, Jax used to be gay in the British version of Queer As Folk! Gemma and Clay would just love *that*! (LOL)

Chat about the SoA Cast, past and present, lead or supporting, in Other Roles.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 11:27 AM

Iím a big Futurama fan, so seeing Katey Sagalís name on the credits makes me instantly think of Leela. She was also Lockeís fiancee on Lost. Thatís quite the range.

lucid1

lucid1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 11:35 AM

Maggie Siff (Tara) played Rachel Menken on Mad Men, loved the fasion on that show!

fukuchan

fukuchan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 11:57 PM

Juice was the Kurosawa fan with a crush on our intrepid detective in Veronica Mars. He ended up set up and in jail in that one, hope that's not an omen for poor Juice in SOA!

cyberpumpkin

cyberpumpkin

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:19 AM

Kim Coates, who plays Tig, will be in Resident Evil: Afterlife as "Bennett".

Saw the commercial for the Resident Evil movie during SoA and said "Hey, that's Tig!" so I looked it up to verify:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Kim_Coates
http://en.wikipedia....Evil:_Afterlife

aliceanna

aliceanna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 1:19 AM

Titus Welliver (Jimmy O) was also Silas Adams, the very hot bagman on Deadwood, and War (one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) on Supernatural.

Dayton Callie (Chief Unser) was Charlie Udder, deputy to Sheriff Bullock, buddy to Wild Bill Hickock, and all around awesomely crotchety old dude (who, come to think of it, ran a business similar to Unser Trucking with his Udder Mail & Freight) on Deadwood.

The more Deadwood alums, the better, IMO!

dexie

dexie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 7:01 AM

Juice was the Kurosawa fan with a crush on our intrepid detective in Veronica Mars. He ended up set up and in jail in that one, hope that's not an omen for poor Juice in SOA!

Taylor Sheridan (Hale) was also Danny Boyd on Veronica Mars.

mercury33

mercury33

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 1:28 PM

Dayton Callie was also on John From Cincinnatti.

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 2:51 PM

Only a one-off, but William Luckling was in one of my favourite X Files episodes: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space". He played Rocky Crikenson. I was watching it the other day, and sat there going "that guy looks really familiar..." and then it hit me who it was, lol.

Edited: I completely forgot Hal Holbrook as Albie Duncan on The West Wing. Great, great character played to perfection by Hal.

Edited by honeysdead, Sep 8, 2010 @ 4:01 PM.

dexie

dexie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

I think I finally worked out where I remember Jeff Kober (Jacob Hale) from - he was Rack on BtVS.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 7:04 AM

I have been re-watching the Judd Apatow show Undeclared lately. It is funny to see Jax as a young University student from England studying drama in California, doing really well with the ladies and having Seth Rogan as his suite-mate.

smallpea8

smallpea8

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 9:34 AM

During the show's hiatus, I watched Charlie Hunnam in Nicholas Nickleby and found it hilarious that he does the George Jefferson walk in that too although not as pronounced. I guess it's just the way he walks.

Allie J

Allie J

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 2:25 PM

From the episode 3.1 discussion thread:

Finally with Paula Malcomson joining the cast for a while, how many Deadwood alums does this make. By my count 3, but I'm probably missing someone.

Three so far, I think you're right. I spend much of my tv watching time looking for Deadwood and The Shield alumni. FX is pretty good for both. FX shows are pretty good for both. :)

Oh, Iím not alone in that, then? FX is good for that. (Justified has lots of Deadwooders and I squeal with delight at each one.) I dream of the day when Walton Goggins rides into Charming for an episode or two. Life was also a good show for finding Deadwood alumni.

I think I found a fourth Deadwooder. The guy playing Cameron was in the pilot episode of Deadwood, Iím pretty sure. He played the dude that killed Sophiaís family and then got shot by Bullock and Wild Bill at the end. "Was that you or me, Montana?" Those piercing blue eyes are pretty memorable. Evil, piercing blue eyes. Hopefully the penchant for child murder hasnít carried over to this character.

aliceanna

aliceanna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 12:54 AM

Oh! Good eye! I looked it up and Cameron did indeed play the guy who "discovered" the roundheads murdered. Something always seemed familiar but I couldn't place it! (And, yes, I love the pageant of Deadwooders on Justified, too. R. Earl Brown was especially awesome. If Walton Goggins showed up in Charming, I'm pretty sure I'd lose it! :D)

swtp15

swtp15

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 4:35 AM

Just saw Tig in Resident Evil afterlife. Not very Tig like..he gets his butt kicked by a girl. And definetly not in it long enough. Best 3D movie I have seen though.

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 1:15 PM

TNT has been showing Braveheart and Gladiator all weekend (seriously, they have shown each movie twice this weekend alone). Both movies have Tommy Flanagan in it (a thinner, younger Flanagan but still) and the former also James Cosmo who will appear later this season.

Alabama Beggs

Alabama Beggs

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:22 PM

I think I finally worked out where I remember Jeff Kober (Jacob Hale) from - he was Rack

That's it! That's been bugging me. What a 180 degree different role. Maybe he liked Zobelle because he tasted like strawberries :)

LutherMahoney

LutherMahoney

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 8:34 AM

A clean-shaven Ryan Hurst (Opie) played Gerry Bertier in Remember The Titans.

dianella

dianella

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:49 AM

Charlie Hunnam played the verrrry creepy, evil Bosie in the film Cold Mountain. Remember him? I don't even recall him speaking in that film, but he didn't have to. The look on his face was so chilling.

I also wanted to chime in and say how much I am loving all the Deadwood alum on SOA! Would love to see more of them, too. I think Kim Dickens, Ian McShane, W. Earl Brown and Powers Boothe would all be great on the show.

LaVieRe

LaVieRe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2010 @ 3:28 PM

I finally figured out why Amelia looked so familiar when I saw a commercial for the new show Detroit 187; I thought I recognized her in it (but, IMDB disagrees). However, what I actually remember her from was another ABC show, The Unusuals. Sniff...miss that one.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 9:23 AM

I think I finally worked out where I remember Jeff Kober (Jacob Hale) from - he was Rack on BtVS.

And I recognized him there (and here, on SOA of course) from his portrayal as Dodger on China Beach :-).

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

I also wanted to chime in and say how much I am loving all the Deadwood alum on SOA!

Speaking of which I am pretty sure that was Jane (Robin Weigert) as the club's new lawyer (well new to the viewers). Her name was in the credits, and while she looks way different with washed hair, it sounded a lot like her (plus it was the only new character that it could possibly be) so I am almost positive it is her.

RomoCat

RomoCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 26, 2010 @ 3:59 PM

Another Deadwood alum, Julie Ariola (Mary Winston in SoA, Countess in Deadwood).

Allie J

Allie J

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 3:59 PM

Speaking of which I am pretty sure that was Jane (Robin Weigert) as the club's new lawyer (well new to the viewers).

I was so delighted to see Robin Weigert in last week's episode, especially since it seems like it will be a recurring character. She's quite lovely when she's not in her Calamity Jane get-up.

Another Deadwood alum, Julie Ariola (Mary Winston in SoA, Countess in Deadwood).

And another: Neeta the nanny played Hearst's "Aunt" Lou. Keep e'm coming, show!

Charlie Hunnam played the verrrry creepy, evil Bosie in the film Cold Mountain. Remember him? I don't even recall him speaking in that film, but he didn't have to. The look on his face was so chilling.

Oh, sweet fancy Moses! We were well into season 1 before I could even contemplate liking Jax, so emotionally scarred was I from Hunnam's turn in Cold Mountain. The very thought of him in that role gives me nightmares. Gah!

Speaking of nightmares, the first time I saw Tig, I instantly remembered Kim Coates' role in The Client. Maybe it's because I was so young at the time and he was threatening the little kids, but the whole thing was seared on to my brain as utterly terrifying and it all came flooding back the second I saw his face.

I have grown to love Jax and Tig, but there was definite actor baggage to be gotten over, especially with Jax. (shudder)

Edited by Allie J, Sep 28, 2010 @ 4:01 PM.

Phred62

Phred62

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:08 PM

While desperately trying to find something on tv last weekend I came across Half-Sac in a Hilary Duff movie. They are at a school of the arts and he's a quirky techno-geek.

swtp15

swtp15

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 6:55 PM

Alliej

The first time I saw Tig I instantly recognized him from being the creepy guy on The Client in the elevator threatening the kid. Although he usually is playing weird creepy pyschos. Like on csi miami. The only time he has been normal was on prison break. But he is still one of my favs of the guys.

Allie J

Allie J

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 10:44 AM

True, but I hadn't seen him in anything between The Client and SOA. So, to instantly recognize him after 14 years, I think his crazy eyes must have been burned onto my brain. The threatening of children will cause that to happen. I can still see as clear as day Gary Oldman getting into little Natalie Portman's face in Leon, telling her that he hoped she loved her life because he had no joy in taking life from people who didn't love it. Gah! Who says that to a kid? I saw that and thought, "This is just like that dude from The Client! Ack!"

Whiteotter

Whiteotter

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2010 @ 6:42 PM

I just finished Ken Burns' 1997 documentary, "Lewis & Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery." When the credits ran at the end, I realized that Hal Holbrook (Gemma's dad) had narrated the entire film, and Adam Arkin (Zobelle) was the voice of Meriweather Lewis. The documentary was excellent, but I still giggled for five minutes straight.

linderhill

linderhill

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2010 @ 12:18 PM

I was watching my DVD's of Supernatural over the weekend and had to chuckle at Titus Welliver's War talking about how ridiculous the Irish were for waring on themselves. After seeing him on Son's it really makes me laugh. I wonder, is is shout out or meta?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 4, 2010 @ 10:34 PM

On Tuesdays, anyone watching this show and The Good Wife gets a double-dose of him, since he plays the DA on that show.