Sons in the Media

• Please log in to reply

266 replies to this topic

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

Was just coming here to post this, rippleintime! I'm excited too, both for the eye candy and for the heft he'll bring to the role.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Same here. I love the actor, and it sounds like an interesting direction for the show to take.

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Jimmy Smitts seems really familiar I just can't put my finger on what I've seen him in. Any help?

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

Jimmy Smitts seems really familiar I just can't put my finger on what I've seen him in. Any help?

I've seen him on Dexter and The West Wing but I'm sure there's much more.

Photographer Dominic Pagone shot some of the cast for Emmy Magazine. You can see some behind the scenes pictures on his twitter.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

Jimmy Smits’ first big show was LA Law, in which he played one of the gorgeous attorneys. Then he was in NYPD Blue for several seasons, where he was Sipowitz’s partner who died after a failed heart transplant. I recall getting teared up. More recently, he had the starring role in a couple of failed dramas. He played the patriarch of a rum-bottling family, which owned sugar cane plantations, on Cane, and then a Supreme Court justice who retired and went back to practicing law on NBC’s Outlaw.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

Yesterday, Sutter tweeted:

we have our damon pope. that news will break soon. couldn't be more thrilled with the choice. top notch actor. and a very unique choice.

Guess he's going to stretch out the anticipation.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

It's Lost's Harold Perrineau.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

In the words of Darth Vader when told he killed Padme, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

How am I supposed to accept whiny Michael as a former drug lord?

Just....no.

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

"You killed MY DAUGHTER! MY DAUGHTER!"

Nah, I am hoping he's slightly less manic and panicked than Michael was. He is a hardened drug lord and not just a guy on a plane who's kid got kidnapped on an island, so there is hope.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Kurt said on his WhoSay page that NBC is only releasing Merle Dandridge (Rita Roosevelt) for one episode of Season 5:

yes, i'm pissed at NBC. they're fucking me over on an actor. i need merle dandridge (rita roosevelt) for a couple episodes this season. she's on a new nbc show (chicago fire) and they will only release her for 1 episode. all the other (successful) networks give actors at least 2-3 episodes on other shows, especially if it's an established character.

That's a bummer because I really like the Roosevelts and would have loved to see more Rita and Gemma interaction.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Damn, that’s disappointing. Rita was a very interesting character, I thought, and I enjoyed the Gemma/Rita scenes, too.

I’m looking forward to seeing Harold Perrineau on the show. I think he did the best he could with an ill-conceived character on Lost. All together now: "WAAAAAAAAALT!"

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Sandman challenges Sutter

I gave in and watched an episode of Devil's Ride last night and it was touted as the 'real' 'Sons of Anarchy'. Let me tell you - These Laffing Devils are laughable indeed. Even when Sutter's at his most contrived worst, his scripts still harbor a lot more 'brotherhood' and discretion than these real life wannabe's. This Sandman is an obnoxious tool who's more like an overgrown frat boy trying to 'prove' how tough he is and he just lost any speck of credibility he had by basically calling out Charlie Hunnam to a fight. What an effin' tool!

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

Harold Perrineau? I like him but he has never screamed "hardened drug lord" to me. Even as a prisoner on Oz, he didn't scream "tough." I'll say this though: if he's convincing, I'll be really impressed. My guess is he'll play it quiet, one of those people who doesn't need to be loud and bad because he's just that scary. (Like Delroy Lindo, who I still think would be a better choice, but oh well.)

That's a bummer because I really like the Roosevelts and would have loved to see more Rita and Gemma interaction.

Agreed - Rita would have made a great foil for Gemma.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

This Sandman is an obnoxious tool who's more like an overgrown frat boy trying to 'prove' how tough he is and he just lost any speck of credibility he had by basically calling out Charlie Hunnam to a fight. What an effin' tool!

So he hands out a lot of crap, and then he wants Katey’s autograph because he loved Married with Children. Tool is right. I’ll bet Sutter could kick that guy’s ass, let alone Charlie.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Ashley Tisdale to do 2-ep arc as call girl on SOA

No, just.......NO!

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

Katey's getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!

Edited by Amester0120, Jun 24, 2012 @ 3:50 PM.

mparcher

mparcher

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

Ron Perlman rocks:

http://www.hollywood...-hellboy-346196

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

TV Guide interview with Kurt Sutter. Talks about what will be happening with Jax, Clay, Gemma and Tara this season.

And TV Line's got the Season 5 poster which is pretty awesome. And symbolism ahoy!

Comic Con panel is Sunday at 3 and, unlike previous years, a big portion of the cast will be there this year:

[Kurt Sutter] will be joined by cast members Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Charlie Hunnam, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and Ryan Hurst to talk cold metal and the FX series’ next season. Hall H

Edited by Amester0120, Jul 12, 2012 @ 8:11 PM.

marriedaniac

marriedaniac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Joel McHale is getting that guest arc he asked for!

As 'handsome con man'.

Edited by marriedaniac, Jul 15, 2012 @ 4:00 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Alan Sepinwall's look at the season.

Review: 'Sons of Anarchy' returns for season 5 with same strengths and weaknesses: lots of great characters matched with lots of goofy plots for the motorcycle club drama.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Katey will be on The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

She was fun to watch—she and Craig click every time I've seen them. She talked about being nervous that her husband is still riding a bike, but realizes she can't ask him not to do it as long as he produces an entire series about bikers. They showed the clip with Gemma and Nero talking, and Nero delivering the "patina" line.

effstop

effstop

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

from TMZ this morning ...

Johnny Lewis -- who had big roles on "Sons of Anarchy," and "The O.C." -- was killed yesterday in a bizarre scene where LAPD found the actor, and a 70-year old woman dead ... TMZ has learned.

According to our law enforcement sources, 28-year-old Lewis' body was found in a driveway Wednesday morning in the Los Feliz neighborhood -- and the elderly woman who owned the home was found dead inside ... the victim of a homicide.

According to multiple reports neighbors heard the 70-year-old woman screaming ... and then saw a young man outside her home attack 2 other people with a piece of wood ... before he climbed onto the roof.

It's unclear if the young man, now identified as Lewis, jumped or fell from the roof to his death.

Lewis may have been renting a room from the 70-year-old homeowner, and is suspected of killing her.

Lewis played 'Half-Sack' Epps on "Sons of Anarchy" for 2 seasons, and also had one-off roles on "Criminal Minds" ... "Bones" ... and "CSI."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz27fsYxaPw

how very very sad

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

Wow... how bizarre...

News video

PictureItSicily

PictureItSicily

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

That poor lady. It's sad when someone with such promise ends up tangling with drugs. It's worse when they take innocent people with them on their downward spiral.

effstop

effstop

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

it gets even crazier ... that poor dear lady to lives her final moments in utter terror from this crazed druggy and he even killed her pet cat...

Johnny Lewis -- the man suspected of murdering his 81-year-old landlady Wednesday -- was 6 days out of jail before the killing ... TMZ has learned.

Lewis was released from L.A. County Jail on September 21. We're told he had several criminal cases filed against him at the time of his death.

We do not know the nature of the offenses, but law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the "Sons of Anarchy" star was also recently in rehab.

What's more ... we're told a dead cat was found in the house where Lewis lived with the landlady -- and the home was ransacked. Police are investigating, but Lewis is also suspected of killing the cat.

As we reported ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe Lewis was either on PCP or Meth at the time of the murder. The 2 people who fought Lewis before he fell to his death from a roof told cops the actor exhibited "superhuman strength."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz27h9AozoQ

Johnny Lewis -- the "Sons of Anarchy" actor suspected of murdering his landlady Wednesday before falling off a roof to his death -- was convicted of several violent crimes in 2012 ... TMZ has learned.

According to official records, Lewis committed felony assault with a deadly weapon on January 3rd. The records don't specify the details of the crime, but they do show he was subsequently ordered to complete a rehab program for "treatment of mental health and/or drugs and alcohol."

The records also indicate Lewis was arrested on February 10th. Law enforcement sources tell us, he sucker-punched a man on his way out of a yogurt shop for no apparent reason.

Eight days afterwards, on February 18th, Lewis was arrested again for burglary. According to law enforcement sources, he had tried to break into a woman's house through a window, claiming he was looking for a friend ... but when the woman called cops, he took off.

Lewis was convicted of felony assault following his January arrest, and sentenced to a year in county jail. Lewis was also convicted of battery and burglary following his February arrests, and sentenced to 303 days in jail for those two crimes.

It's unclear exactly how many days he served and whether he spent the majority of his time in jail or in rehab. Lewis was ultimately released from jail SIX DAYS AGO on September 21st.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz27h9wBcSA

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

Another report on the deaths from the Associated Press and NBC.

When I first heard the story, I assumed he'd killed himself after killing the woman, but that wasn't the case.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:15 PM.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

Kurt Sutter Respond To Johnny Lewis' Death:

“not sure if folks know this yet, but johnny lewis (halfsack) died last night. the sad irony of it happening two days after opie’s death is not lost on me. it was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way. i wish i could say that i was shocked by the events last night, but i was not. i am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. yes, it’s day or mourning, but it’s also a day of awareness and gratitude. sadly, some of us carry the message by dying.”

elkana

elkana

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

That is so sad about Johnny Lewis, and that other innocent people (and cats!) were also so grievously harmed.

Makes me wonder, reading Kurt Sutter's response that he wasn't surprised, if Johnny Lewis' drug problems were the reason Half Sack was written off the show. What a shame.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense.