Blue Bloods

• Please log in to reply

1252 replies to this topic

MissLucas

MissLucas

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2014 @ 6:03 AM

Not the show's best outing. Danny dropping the suspect's full name  in front of the husband who had already shown signs of wishing to confront his wife's assailant back in the precinct was especially bad: OOC brain fade in order to create drama which then leads to this very likely scenario:

And yeh the suburbanite knows where or how to find a hardcore inner city criminal.

Best part of the episode: Garrett calling out Frank on his Moses-complex. Not that it changed much but it was satisfying nevertheless and at least it got him a nice bottle of booze (well deserved considering all the pontificating he has to endure each episode).

Edited by MissLucas, Mar 16, 2014 @ 6:04 AM.

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2014 @ 12:17 PM

The pontificating prize that usually goes to Frank--and has gone to Erin the last two times--went to the upstanding applicant this time. It must be as big as the Stanley Cup, but it's not hard to carry for moral, upstanding righteous citizens.

jtrattray

jtrattray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2014 @ 4:18 PM

Just watched 'Open Secrets'. If the NYPD really has officers in London tampering with crime scenes the CPS really should prosecute them, and the Inspector General really should've put Frank in jail if he wouldn't testify.  

torqy

torqy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 1:50 AM

The suburbanite was Sergeant Voight's wayward kid from Chicago PD

(Actually wayward kid 2.0 for those keeping score at home.)

Crs97

Crs97

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 1:58 PM

Garrett's speech to Frank was long overdue, but makes me wonder why he continues to work for Frank to begin with.  I would suggest Garrett use his booze to start a drinking game every time Frank pontificated, but he would have a drinking problem by the end of the first day.

I was really bugged that Danny, who clearly wanted suburbanite to get away with killing Moses, had him answering questions without a lawyer.  We should have seen him giving suburbanite Jack's card before arresting him.  Another show that tries to pretend innocent people never need lawyers.

Throwing a suspect who asks for a lawyer in the trunk?  Danny should lose his badge for that.  I hope another episode starts with the budget cuts Frank has to make after the NYPD pays out a huge settlement for civil rights violations.

icouldntresist

icouldntresist

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:01 AM

Throwing a suspect who asks for a lawyer in the trunk?  Danny should lose his badge for that.  I hope another episode starts with the budget cuts Frank has to make after the NYPD pays out a huge settlement for civil rights violations.

So true. Pontificate that Frank.

kwnyc

kwnyc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:50 AM

Danny's just a terrible cop. I actually feel for Nikki because Danny's presented in the show as the epitome of what a Regan should be: an alpha male. Her mom and her aunt will NEVER live up to/be as important as the boyz, though Frank is a benevolent dictator.

I'd love to see Nikki go to an all woman school where they don't have to wait 'til the boys finish talking to have an opinion. The biggest insult a Regan man gives his brother/father/son/grandfather: what are you, a GIRL?

This show annoys the hell out of me, but my wife ADORES it, so we tune in faithfully and I sit there and watch for NYC actors getting their health insurance weeks/a paycheck, and pick out the locations near us, and I (quietly) predict the plot turns.

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 3:13 PM

Throwing a suspect who asks for a lawyer in the trunk?  Danny should lose his badge for that.

"Uncle Danny, did you really put a man in your trunk and drive around all crazy like Aunt Erin?"

"Hey!"

"Well, Mom, you do."

"Yeah, Uncle Danny. And didn't you put a man's head in the toilet?"

"And smack someone else's head against a brick wall?"

"And punch a guy in the face every other episode?"

"Boys, boys! Heh. Now let's just settle down over there. Pass the peas."

"Daniel? Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Now, Francis. We all have our ways of doing good police work. You may be a saint, but Lord knows I never was, and if the boy gets results, who cares? He's keeping your city safe, right?"
"Oh, you're right, Pop. Never mind. Okay, everyone, who wants pie?"

icouldntresist

icouldntresist

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 3:32 PM

re: Agt Lee (aka Liza Lapira)

Thanks.  It seems like she got a lot of work in tv and movies late last decade but haven't seen her too much the last couple of years. I think she did a Pysch epi. I wonder if because of the snow in NYC they came up short on crew or this the only kind of role she wants now. I don't recall seeing her before or after on BBs.

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 5:56 PM

icouldntresist

I think she is a regular on an ABC show Super Fun Night (at least I think it's on ABC)

Crs97

Crs97

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 6:42 PM

Rockville, that is perfect!  I was going to say that Frank isn't saying enough, but then I remembered that he tends to save the sermons for when he is behind his desk.

webruce

webruce

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 1:00 PM

I think that the Knockout Game is stupid. I have seen news on it the last couple years. Danny matching it up to "Wilding Out" in the 80's. Wonder though why they went after a pregnant woman? Why not take the husband down and make him worry about his masculinity and how he couldn't protect his wife. But that did kinda come into effect anyway, I guess. But I know that Mike and Stephanie Rose were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They weren't singled out. I was surprised that Mike found Moses and took him out. I figured the painting the house would some how figure in things.
Danny interrogating Willie Haywood in the trunk was a little over board. And I am surprised Baez didn't say something. "Reagan!??"

Then to have the family dinner help Danny make the right choice on whether to arrest Mike or not. I did figure some reason he would be back to arrest him. Or Stephanie found out and made him confess.

Thorpe 3rd Person snitch for Danny was a odd snitch. Baez finding Pot is what got him to help?? So he isn't really a person that snitches easily. Does Danny have to play this game with him a lot? Or was he worried his gf would leave if he was found to be a snitch?

Erin and Jack on again and off again would have been a interesting storyline. But she pressed for more and he fled.

The Officer Timothy Doherty promotion story was interesting. Garrett at first not wanting to talk about it until Det. Baker let the story out. Henry and Garrett weighing in on it Then he talked to Doherty himself. Now we need to bring back Det. Jackie Curatola to be his partner/trainer like Sgt. Anthony Renzuli did with Jamie. I do miss him. Then as in Jamie most episodes he isn't used much so Jackie could be a part timer that way. Because her "time off " has really stretched. I know the story but they haven't " tied it up" in the show.

I do agree on "Open Secrets" with jtratray.

Edited by webruce, Mar 22, 2014 @ 1:09 PM.

torqy

torqy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

kwnyc said: This show annoys the hell out of me, but my wife ADORES it, so we tune in faithfully and I sit there and watch for NYC actors getting their health insurance weeks/a paycheck, and pick out the locations near us, and I (quietly) predict the plot turns.

Thank you!!  This is the way I watch L&O: SUV, except that we don't live in NYC.

jtrattray

jtrattray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 2:00 PM

Just watched Knockout Game. That was bordering on racist, actually not even bordering on racist, it was plain racist. Mike was allowed to get away with murdering someone because he was white and the assailant was black. Jesus. 

jtrattray

jtrattray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 2:01 PM

Erin and Jack on again and off again would have been a interesting storyline. But she pressed for more and he fled.

I think Erin pushed for more to see what Jack's intentions were.

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 10:26 PM

Ugh, Erin is awful. That lawyer at speed dating was absolutely right to dress her down for being rude and dismissive. Then she was even more rude and dismissive. And the episode ended with him declaring how much he "liked" her!

Why is this the show I love to hate? Three women in two scenes are talking shoes within the first 60 seconds. Commissioner Reagan abuses poor Garrett. Erin is a sanctimonious jerk. Pop is a sanctimonious jerk. "Detective" Baker is essentially a receptionist. Danny has mended his ways this year -- but from the preview, it looks like the writers have forgotten that. His wife is a prop. Nikki .... At least the mostly forgotten son got more of a story this week. Sheesh!

CooperTV

CooperTV

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 9:54 AM

But she pressed for more and he fled.

He wanted "dating" (flowers and restaurants), actually, and she was having non of that because she was tired with his immature BS while they were married.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 3:17 PM

So how many people KNEW, when Erin was speed-dating, that the one somewhat "normal"  guy, the one she was rude to, was going to show up either inher office or in the courtroom before the end of the show?  

Too, too, predictable.

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 4:24 PM

I did, but only because it was mentioned in the press release.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 7:42 PM

I just figured he was going to put down her number, name, whatever they write down in speed dating to signify he wanted to see her again. I'm pretty sure he wrote something down right when she walked out in her snit. 

Jamie's partner is going to go off the deep edge if he becomes a detective. Damn lady, if he tells you he's been instructed not to talk about what he's doing, that isn't a personal affront to you or a reason to berate him. 

S7W9C2

S7W9C2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 12:59 PM

I was a few episodes behind but caught up now.

Thank goodness Erin kicked the ex to the curb. She does know him well which makes me wonder why she ever hooked back up with him. I liked the new guy but figure we'll never see him again. I like that he didn't take her shit and gave as good as he gets.

Please don't let Nikki get pregnant. I just cringe thinking about it. I'm keeping an eye on the bottle just in case they go there.

I'm selfishly hoping Jamie doesn't make detective yet cause I like the dynamic with his partner. Though I feel they're 2 minutes away from going there and that will be the end of that. Do we know if the actress is signed up for next season?

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:01 AM

Jamie's partner is going to go off the deep edge if he becomes a detective. Damn lady, if he tells you he's been instructed not to talk about what he's doing, that isn't a personal affront to you or a reason to berate him. 

Right? That was annoying...because a cop should actually know that. 

webruce

webruce

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:43 PM

Jaimie and Edit Jenko's kissing was awkward. But it seems that they knew it too. The double date with his buddy Spencer Croft and her friend Hayley was fun to watch. Thought Spencer was going to turn out bad.

Danny atleast wasn't the only Detective being investigated. But he got mad thinking his father was investigating him. Frank came out with guidelines of what to do and don't do in interrogation. So it kinda helped save Danny?? Danny and his dad seem to have issues. Erin could have told Danny too.