Blue Bloods

• Please log in to reply

1252 replies to this topic

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 3:36 AM

I was kind of annoyed BB used the token "Russian Mob" storyline. It played out like every other one on tv. Person about to testify against 'big scary Russian mobster', gets threatened, ends up dead, and the only other witness must try to stay alive under police protection. meh.

I kind of see why Erin's family was wary of her becoming an underling to the mayor since , to me, her nomination seemed a little suspect.

Edited by diorella78, Apr 29, 2012 @ 3:37 AM.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:02 AM

I was actually rooting for Erin to take the damn job. It would be nice for **one** of the Reagans to be an independent thinker and not do what Daddy says. All the time.

Also wondered how good a prosecutor Erin can be, when she: 1) Didn't have a Russian-speaking person sitting second chair; and 2) When she did not ask the judge to add witness intimidation to the charges the first time. When the second witness was in the courtroom, the Russian mobster should not have been in the courtroom.

Oh sigh.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:58 AM

nd 2) When she did not ask the judge to add witness intimidation to the charges the first time. When the second witness was in the courtroom, the Russian mobster should not have been in the courtroom.

This too. How was none of that considered witness intimidation? I thought the whole thing was very 'lite', even the judge's admonishing the defense, meh.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

It was rather a joke that they just let the defendant sit in the court room and intimidate the witnesses by speaking in Russian. After the first time it should have been dealt with.

The way they kept bringing up Jackie's new boyfriend I expected him to be the leak.

andromeda1277

andromeda1277

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I was actually rooting for Erin to take the damn job.

So was I. She looked excited when she thought of taking the job. Then her family crapped all over it. But of course she decides not to take the job. I would have loved her to tell her dad she was taking the job because it was a
good opportunity and he needed to just deal..but no that can't happen.

How was none of that considered witness intimidation? I thought the whole thing was very 'lite', even the judge's admonishing the defense, meh

It totally was witness intimidation. And why didn't anyone help the witness? The Mob guy says something scary in Russian, the witness totally freaks...and what? They just let the him go? No wonder crime's so high in that city.

Frank bitching about protecting witnesses annoys me. How else are you going to put mobsters and gang members away? Since they you know...kill every witness. Which is why the police came up with it in the first place?

Anyone think crime is higher because Reagons are on the police force?

Edited by andromeda1277, Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:43 PM.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

Anyone think crime is higher because Reagons are on the police force?

andromeda, BWAH! Although really, if this were anywhere close to real life, half the family would have been demoted, censured, or outright fired by now. Charges from insubordination, to obstruction, to incompetence, to plain old stupidity.

ETA: The women are clearly the smarter halves of the family, but are kept in their nice, submissive roles. I'm tired of Danny's wife threatening to leave, then getting all weepy and staying, threatening to leave, then getting all weepy and staying, threatening to leave, then getting all weepy and staying.

Edited by FrogsRule, Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:16 PM.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

It totally was witness intimidation. And why didn't anyone help the witness? The Mob guy says something scary in Russian, the witness totally freaks...and what? They just let the him go?

I wanted to know why his lawyer didn't shush him. She just sat there, as if she was totally OK with her client doing that. She should have been scolded as well.

Tom Selleck's glasses are too small for his face. Makes his face look fatter than it is.

Are the telegraphing a Danny/Jackie hook up? He seems way too invested in her love life and taking a shower at her place? What the heck was that?

Edited by ScarletPrincess, Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:00 PM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:47 AM

Are the telegraphing a Danny/Jackie hook up? He seems way too invested in her love life and taking a shower at her place? What the heck was that?

I keep waiting for this to happen since IMO they writers are going to 'go there' at some point. I thought one of the older eps where Jackie gets drugged while playing decoy prostitute and Danny was cradling and caressing her (IMO much more than even a devoted partner should) would be the start of it. lol. Ok, I guess showers can happen, but his comment about the t-shirt or whatever, the love life thing...yeah.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:16 AM

Just saw the latest epsiode, all I can say is Erin's family sucks.

Seriously, I guess in the Regan family any kind of conflict of interest is only a problem if the other person is in a position of power over Frank. I mean how many times have Jamie (who only got like 1 line I think this episode) and Danny played the dad card to get special treatment within the NYPD? That is I guess ok but if Erin makes an awesome career move that puts her in a position of power over her dad (kind of in the same way he is in a position of power over Jamie and Danny) then that is bad. Also I don't really condone violence against children, but at the very least someone needed to lay a good verbal smackdown on Nicki after being super rude to her mom at the dinner table when Erin and Frank were arguing. For a family that is supposed to be super traditional she sure gets away with a lot of crap.

Although you kind of new she wasn't going to take the job since this whole show's simple hook is a family of cops with one daughter who is a prosecutor. This is so not the show that is going to mess with that sort of thing. Especially since writing the political stuff doesn't seem to come easy for this show, while writing the courtrooom stuff all they have to do is just watch a bunch of old episodes of law and order. Major character changes aren't really what this show does.

BlondNotStupid

BlondNotStupid

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

Now we know why they "introduced" Jackie's boyfriend last week. When will she tell Danny that she is pregnant? Why didn't Danny suspect that, or is Linda one of those women who didn't get queasy during pregnancy?

I don't understand why Jamie felt Noble was worth saving. He is a low-life thug who beat the crap out of Jamie. I know Jamie said he sees the best in people but what did he see? I don't think Noble has any redeeming quality. Even if he goes into Witness Protection I wouldn't put him in touch with his sister. She'll end up dead in a matter of months.

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

Will the actress show up looking pregnant when the show comes back in the fall? Will they write off the character? (Hope not. She's sufferable.)

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

I don't understand why Jamie felt Noble was worth saving. He is a low-life thug who beat the crap out of Jamie. I know Jamie said he sees the best in people but what did he see?

Word. That annoyed me...Noble's still a thug, even if there were bigger out there. Did Jamie have some sort of freak form of Stockhold syndrome? LOL. But really, I have no idea what he saw in Noble. I didn't like this episode overall.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 3:27 AM

Because it can't be said often enough: Danny is a rabid dog and needs to be put down.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

if this were anywhere close to real life, half the family would have been demoted, censured, or outright fired by now. Charges from insubordination, to obstruction, to incompetence, to plain old stupidity.

And most of the cases they worked on would have been thrown out because of various conflicts of interest.

The only character I like is Jackie, so of course they are going to mess her up and have her have some kind of liaison with Danny. And his wife will be all sanctimonious and blame Jackie for messing with her man, not walk out on Danny like she should have done years ago. Yuck.

at the very least someone needed to lay a good verbal smackdown on Nicki after being super rude to her mom at the dinner table when Erin and Frank were arguing. For a family that is supposed to be super traditional she sure gets away with a lot of crap.

She is horrible and I don't understand why. Nobody else is so completely crappy to another specific character and they just let her get away with it. I've said it before -- I hope every week that this is the episode where Nikki will be visiting with her dad and not appearing in the show.

Tom Selleck's glasses are too small for his face. Makes his face look fatter than it is.

I have been thinking that since the show started. How hard is it for them to find some glasses that fit the man's face???

Rockville

Rockville

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Wow, the writers avoided an obvious cliche. Astonishing. When the women prepared to come into town just as the bio-bomber was about to strike, I was sure they were about to meet in a subway car, with women-in-peril music playing and a close-up on a vial of poison gas and our heroines sitting together looking warily at the shifty stranger.

Pixles

Pixles

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

That wasn't very season finale-ish. They wrapped everything up in a bow by the end of the episode. Danny and Jamie are all reunite, the bombers are found, no resignation, and have a family dinner. Would have been a lot better if they dragged it out a little bit into 2 parts and left the ending at us not knowing what was going to happen and them not finding the bombers.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

Because it can't be said often enough: Danny is a rabid dog and needs to be put down.

I have to admit I laughed when he attacked that guy after he said he knew about that little boy who went missing. I should start watching the show regularly once it comes back in the fall just to see who he ends up beating the crap out of next.

Edited by jw7579, May 12, 2012 @ 2:53 PM.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

Pixles, my guess would be that the wrapped-up-in-a-bow came because they taped that episode before they knew whether they had been picked up for the fall.

There's something grossly unfair about the news that this show has been renewed, while the far superior NYC 22 was not.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:28 AM

I am curious how people in Queens or Staten Island feel about the NYPD commissioner always talking about how it is his duty to protect this Island. He does realize that the NYPD is responsible for more than just Manhattan doesn't he and that all 8 million people who live in NYC don't live in Manhattan?

As far as the Sanfino episode, which I also watched on this weekend, I still don't buy that Danny would be ok with Mob justice. Mostly becuase from a homicide detective standpoint a murder is a murder, and no matter who gets killed it still has to be investigated. And a murder he can't solve messes up his clearance rate.

The whole terrorist thing was dumb though. I was totally siding with the mayor, tell people that they should stay off the subway. Plus I didn't quite understand the way the attack would work, I mean if they spray a bunch of this biological weapon in a subway car, it would seem like it would be pretty easy to contain, just quarantine the car or station as soon as possible.

Angry Chihuahua

Angry Chihuahua

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

I know it's Just a Show, meant as entertainment and nothing more, but Good Grief! There is no way a child missing from his mother's side for two years would just be loaded into a car and taken back to that mother and handed over! That was DUMB. That was an insult to the viewer's intelligence.

First,wouldn't DNA tests be run to be sure the boy *IS* the missing child-the police wouldn't just take the Bad Guy's word for it? Two, at so young and age and having been separated for so long,wouldn't a child psychiatrist would supervise their interactions and try to minimize the boy's double trauma, at having been first ripped from his mom and then ripped away from the pair with whom he probably bonded ? That's two things that made that scene dumb, there's probably more reasons it was groan worthy, not touching.

I really couldn't believe the script writers actually had Danny put the boy in his car and hand him over to his mom, without the boy apparently even having been interviewed by police to see what he'd been through the last two years.

The willing suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

I am TIRED of being asked to applaud Danny's roughing up of suspects. He should have been terminated as psychologically unfit years ago.

Nikki's horrible hair cut : I seem to recall that in the first few episodes, the actress had shoulder length hair, and then she got this awful cut. She went from looking like a cute young teen to looking like a 32 year old dwarf next to her mother : The cut is way too old and matronly, IMO.

I watch every episode of this show, but usually I wind up yelling at the screen over some egregious stupidity in the script, or yet another scene I've seen done to death in this show (Danny burning with self righteous wrath, smacking around an arrestee, but it's OK since Danny *KNOWS* the suspect's guilty, a guy running out into the street and getting clipped/hit by a vehicle, etc)

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

I know it's Just a Show, meant as entertainment and nothing more, but Good Grief! There is no way a child missing from his mother's side for two years would just be loaded into a car and taken back to that mother and handed over! That was DUMB. That was an insult to the viewer's intelligence.

First,wouldn't DNA tests be run to be sure the boy *IS* the missing child-the police wouldn't just take the Bad Guy's word for it? Two, at so young and age and having been separated for so long,wouldn't a child psychiatrist would supervise their interactions and try to minimize the boy's double trauma, at having been first ripped from his mom and then ripped away from the pair with whom he probably bonded ? That's two things that made that scene dumb, there's probably more reasons it was groan worthy, not touching.

I really couldn't believe the script writers actually had Danny put the boy in his car and hand him over to his mom, without the boy apparently even having been interviewed by police to see what he'd been through the last two years.

That was really bad. I almost laughted how they had the lady with the clip board show up at the end of the scene to ask the mom a few questions, just to show they were kind of thinking about it. But even without the concept of a child psychiatrist getting in on things, I would think they would take the kid to a hospital first, you know to make sure he didn't have any injuries and wasn't abused. The whole fact that the this bust was done one a weekend, sort of after hours with Danny and Jamie and no back up made me laugh too.

Janie4

Janie4

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

OK, I have to say, I found it really really patronizing and annoying that the government (Frank) seemed to think that we were all too stupid to know what to do in case of an attack. Maybe - but it's my choice. I'm an adult, and I have the right to know if I'm being exposed to a threat. Quite frankly, I don't trust Frank Reagan to make my decisions for me.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

I am TIRED of being asked to applaud Danny's roughing up of suspects. He should have been terminated as psychologically unfit years ago.

Angry Chihuahua, YES!! To me, it seems improbable that someone with his anger management issues does not have those same anger management issues at home, with Linda and the boys. That's usually the way it works IRL. One of my sister's friends was daughter of a homicide detective, and I know those girls were totally messed up by their dad's inability to separate work from home life.

It would lend so much more credibility to the show if next season started off with Danny suspended indefinitely from the NYPD for excessive force, and having to deal with life outside the police department.

I know that Tom Selleck likes to think of himself as a Reagan Republican, but by putting this sort of crap on our teevee every week, I fear he may be inching over into non-Reagan-GOP territory, where everything the police do is all right, unregulated guns are universally good, and 1950s were "fair" for everyone. Unless he makes the show come roaring back to Reagan's center, this Democrat may take her TV remote elsewhere.

nina rose

nina rose

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

The willing suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

Nikki's horrible hair cut : I seem to recall that in the first few episodes, the actress had shoulder length hair, and then she got this awful cut. She went from looking like a cute young teen to looking like a 32 year old dwarf next to her mother : The cut is way too old and matronly, IMO.

I watch every episode of this show, but usually I wind up yelling at the screen over some egregious stupidity in the script, or yet another scene I've seen done to death in this show (Danny burning with self righteous wrath, smacking around an arrestee, but it's OK since Danny *KNOWS* the suspect's guilty, a guy running out into the street and getting clipped/hit by a vehicle, etc)

I agree with everything you said and I would add that hair is not the only horrible thing about Nikki. The girl is a waste, the actress is terrible , nothing works there.

I know that Tom Selleck likes to think of himself as a Reagan Republican, but by putting this sort of crap on our teevee every week, I fear he may be inching over into non-Reagan-GOP territory, where everything the police do is all right, unregulated guns are universally good, and 1950s were "fair" for everyone. Unless he makes the show come roaring back to Reagan's center, this Democrat may take her TV remote elsewhere.

Agreed. But I would not hold my breath. The target audience is "old white male", like the GOP (grumpy too, it seems)

And Danny should just take some valium or die.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Pixles, my guess would be that the wrapped-up-in-a-bow came because they taped that episode before they knew whether they had been picked up for the fall.

The show got its renewal notice in mid March, this was shot first 2 weeks of April.

Edited by mtlchickie, May 19, 2012 @ 6:59 PM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:00 AM

Word, Danny's schtick is getting tiring and also increasingly unbelievable, IMO.

Nikki...great description. The cut is horribly aging and honestly, with the actress' facial features/bone structure, almost appears....challenged....with that cut. Hate the character, to boot.

Edited by diorella78, May 22, 2012 @ 7:01 AM.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

Word, Danny's schtick is getting tiring and also increasingly unbelievable, IMO.

The weird thing is, the writers obviously recognize that Danny shouldn't be getting away with this crap, since wasn't it in the pilot where he held that guy's head in the toilet, and then was repremanded by his supervisor for it and forced to transfer to a different squad?

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

I just caught up w/the season finale - only a few days after the alleged abductor/murderer of Etan Patz was brought in, & parts of the episode dealing w/the missing kid were eerily coincidental. Especially knowing that the episode was filmed early in April & the investigation had just started heating up not too long ago.
Someone upthread asked about outer borough posters' reactions to the Manhattan-centric tone of the show. I live in Queens - one thing that bothered me in this ep. was the commish's line about 8 million people evacuating the island in a panic. Does every NYC resident go onto & off the isle of Manhattan every day?

friendperidot

friendperidot

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

What I think this show needs is a touch of Tom Magnum's humor & impish grins. I loved Tom Selleck as Magnum, but I haven't loved him in much since, this show & his Jesse Something or other made for tv movies are just too dark, depressing.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

How funny is it that this is the first post on last night's show! I mainly wanted to say that Danny had some serious Klingon stuff going on with his scowls. He could have played Worf's brother without much makeup, his brow was that furrowed.

Oh Show...