Promos, Previews and Speculation: A Spoiler-Free Zone

• Please log in to reply

610 replies to this topic

Critic55

Critic55

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2012 @ 7:15 AM

I agree that Clay is the most likely candidate for directing the home invasions, but the victims are a little mysterious. Roosevelt names the crow-eater and mechanic when he visits the club but I don't think they are characters that have been introduced. So it is not clear why he would think they would have the letters.

Clay is truly a "wounded animal."

Will Clay buy Piney's ride now that he can't lift his bike? Major irony.

I wonder what Gemma's involvement in JT's death really was beyond knowledge of the murder attempts.

Edited by Critic55, Sep 16, 2012 @ 10:02 AM.

thewhiteowl

thewhiteowl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

If Clay is behind the home invasions, my guess is that the crow-eater and mechanic were "collateral damage" not the true target which might be Gemma and Unser with a side of Tara. They can prove his crime against JT. An old soldier like Clay would know the value of getting rid of them and setting up someone else to take the blame.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 7:28 AM

If Clay is behind the home invasions, my guess is that the crow-eater and mechanic were "collateral damage" not the true target which might be Gemma and Unser with a side of Tara.

If it is Clay I wonder if it is something as simple as trying to undermine Jax's leadership. I mean the people of Charming seem to only allow SAMCRO to operate because they keep out other undesirables. Maybe Clay is borrowing a move from that creepy ex-mayor guy. I mean if crime, especially crime against SAMCRO connected people, increases while Jax is president, he can easily say (or have his followers say) that when he was president this kind of thing never happened, when he was in charge.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Would rather have Opie be behind the attacks than Clay. He's using the Nomads (who may be loyal to Opie and his dad over the Teller-Morrow bunch) as his minions and going after low level hangers on to distract from when he goes after the main people he wants to suffer his wrath.

Bonus points if Happy is also in league with them too; it would make for a nice twist of sorts to have Happy be Opie's secret weapon and having him make his move against Gemma or Clay when both are alone with him and not suspecting that Happy was going to off them first chance he gets...

Edited by BakerX2, Sep 18, 2012 @ 2:50 PM.

CollageStoodant

CollageStoodant

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

If it is Clay I wonder if it is something as simple as trying to undermine Jax's leadership. I mean the people of Charming seem to only allow SAMCRO to operate because they keep out other undesirables. Maybe Clay is borrowing a move from that creepy ex-mayor guy. I mean if crime, especially crime against SAMCRO connected people, increases while Jax is president, he can easily say (or have his followers say) that when he was president this kind of thing never happened, when he was in charge.

I agree with you that if it's Clay, that would be his reasoning. Seeing as he can't ride (thus he can't vote), Gemma's gone and she and Jax are just itching for an opening to kill him, why not stir shit up. I can see the planning of it starting with just SAMCRO affiliates and finally affecting nonSAMCRO, then the whole town blows up about it!

Would rather have Opie be behind the attacks than Clay. He's using the Nomads (who may be loyal to Opie and his dad over the Teller-Morrow bunch) as his minions and going after low level hangers on to distract from when he goes after the main people he wants to suffer his wrath.

I think Clay would have more sway with that reasoning than Opie would. Clay is First 9 and former president of the mother charter. Unless Opie told Greg the Peg and the others about Clay killing Piney and that he needed their help. I don't quite see Opie going through all of that to hurt Clay or Jax. I mean, if he just ran up on Clay and shot him when he first found out about Clay killing Piney (after sulking for a day), why would he go through all of this?

But hey, for all I know it could be Chibs. Hmmm....

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Piney was First Nine too and it would be a nice way to keep his presence evoked if we were to find out that Piney personally recruited/cultivated the bulk of the Nomads as people who were loyal to him over Clay. And given all of the shit Jax and Clay put him through, I can see Opie letting them know full-on what kind of monster Clay is and how Jax has been enabling him/covering for him. Especially if we get it established that they know about Donna's death up-front, IE Piney told them about it after he tried to kill Clay in season two and that they've been keeping quiet per the bargain that Opie arranged that season, where he agreed to forsake vengeance for Donna in exchange for Clay agreeing to forsake vengeance on the attempt on his life by his dad.

Opie has a good amount of time to plot out how he'd get his revenge. Especially (as I have suggested) Happy is in league with Opie and helping come up with the strategy to bring them down.

But hey, for all I know it could be Chibs. Hmmm....

A better/more interesting long shot would be Kozik. Yes he was blown up/maimed, but we never saw the body and given that the group were in the middle of a minefield, they might have never even given the area a second glance to recover the body/see if he was dead-dead.

Which in turn would give for a major wildcard for Jax/Clay, as far as Kozik being alive and seeking vengeance for being left for dead and irreversibly maimed (losing an arm and leg), that might bring the two together in spite of their hatred.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

I highly doubt the Kozik theory and at first doubted the Opie-behind-the-Nomads theory but, Piney did say he had contingencies(plural). Tara and the letters may have been one of them but, setting up something as you stated, Baker would've been a GREAT play.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Piney was First Nine too and it would be a nice way to keep his presence evoked if we were to find out that Piney personally recruited/cultivated the bulk of the Nomads as people who were loyal to him over Clay.

Yeah but if that were the case, and those former Nomads are playing the Redwood guys, what'll happen to them if and when they're found out? Yeesh, their fate is going to be BAD.

As for Clay setting this up to make Jax look inept - I can see that. And I also saw Clay's confessing to Piney's murder last week (and bringing up how he killed a member which needs to be voted on whether he stays or goes) is his way of getting out of the club because once he's out, the Irish will no longer deal with Jax which means the CIA/cartel deal is off the table and RICO will be enforced. Even if Clay doesn't get voted out, his hands have truly given out. Once he can't ride, he can't vote or have a seat, so how's Jax going to keep him on after that (breaking a big club no-no) without divulging to the club why? Clay may be broken in hands and body, but his mind is exquisitely sharp and evil - which is why I still dig the guy

ToodyWoody

ToodyWoody

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

Anyone have any speculation on Nero? I don't know if he is a plant from the CIA to get in with the club or has another angle.

Seems awful funny that he has this set up and no one has ever heard of him. Could be an undercover cop, undercover CIA, undercover something to get mixed up with the club somehow. Maybe I'm wrong, but he just picks up Gemma and brings her back to his place of business and doesn't even know if she's going to turn his ass in or say something to someone and get him in trouble. Then he just lets Jax and the gang hang out there. Seems to me he's not really worried about his business getting raided because it's a front anyway. And how did he know they ran guns, did someone mention that to him that I missed?

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

After this episode my gut tells me Clay is behind the home invasions. He could've spun some story to the Nomads about the club forcing him out and almost killing him. The Nomads didn't look all that surprised when Clay told everyone about Opie shooting him. Maybe he had already told them. The thing I don't get is why. The theory about him trying to make Jax look bad is pretty good but, if thats it, why would the Nomads keep those documents? Why not throw them out with the safe?

I also think Nero may just end up being one of the last sources of help SAMCRO will find. The CIA have already considered letting them die. Maybe Nero turns out to be a savior in the end...

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

1. I want Nero to be on the level so he can ultimately give the Teller-Morrow Clan a huge "you people are fucking batshit crazy" speech when realizes how fucked up Jax/Gema/Tara/Clay are and wanting to get them out of his life when he realizes how fucked up life in SAMCRO is and what kind of person Gemma really is...

2. I think the Nomads are operating on their own, they are like clay in that they are out for themselves and robbing houses to supplement their income/retirement funds. The certificates are trophies, items they know Gemma and Clay value and will be reminders that not even their boss are immune to their crime wave, and will probably be how SAMCRO finds out that they are behind the robberies when they find them hidden in plain sight....

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

You have to wonder how aware Fawn, or any of the older SAMCRO offspring, actually is of her father's involvement in violent crimes. Obviously, Tig is no model parent but the little background info we have on him as a father makes it seem like he at the very least was caring and good to his girls when he was around. It's safe to assume he probably wasn't that present in their lives, though the early days of the club might not have been quite as time-intensive as things have gotten these days. Was Tig more like Jax, seeing his kids fairly often, loving, attentive when he was around, non-violent as a parent? Or was he closer to Opie, who's pretty much an absent father and uninterested in being an active dad? Obviously, as his girls got older, they became more aware of what wasn't quite right about his lifestyle, but do they know HOW violent he is, how trigger happy? Or was Fawn's reaction just based on the fact that throughout her life, Tig has been a screw-up? I also found it interesting how she referred to Dawn, and how she played him and he gave into her. What made Fawn different? How estranged from Tig is/was she, and how much moreso than Dawn? I'm kind of fascinated by the dynamic here and how it's going to play out as the season continues.

Edited by rippleintime, Sep 20, 2012 @ 9:45 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Somebody's dying on Tuesday. My money's on Unser.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Somebody's dying on Tuesday. My money's on Unser.

Although I agree he's the most likely choice (Clay being second as, as much as I would miss RP, the show can still go on without him) given his cancer and the character's lack of usefulness on the show, I will have mountains of respect for Sutter to have the cajones to wipe out any of the remaining 4

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

And how did he know they ran guns, did someone mention that to him that I missed?

Charming is a smallish town. SAMCRO are scary bikers. It is not a leap in logic to assume that EVERYONE knows they sell guns. There is a difference between knowing (criminals just know shit) and proving (the law needs to prove that they sell with actual witnesses and evidence.) What's it been 10-15 years since SAMCRO started. They had Unser if not on the take at least in the pocket for years. They had other cops on the payroll. BOTH of the Hales tried for years to get them out of town. These guys are many things; subtle is not one of them.

As for Nero in general; I think it is rather convenient that he has sex with Gemma and then just happened to become the perfect "NewDaddy"/Big Brother for Jax. I don't knwo what his game is but I don't think he is a cop. There are too many cops running around already. The show doesn't need more. I think he is OG and he might actually have something to do with the break ins. I honestly think he ties back to JT and JT 's murder.

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Sep 23, 2012 @ 6:05 PM.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

"Major character" being killed off this week! Any guesses? Maybe Opie dies defending Jax? Maybe Clay? Maybe Clay kills someone who gets privy to his scheming? Or maybe Unser...gotta be one of those three IMO...?

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Even though the media/Sutter himself are acting like this isn't a spoiler, it still technically is, no?

JWo

JWo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

I wonder if it is Otto. He made arrangements to have his execution date moved up. Wishful thinking/speculation on my part.

pollybug

pollybug

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

Entertainment Weekly has an article on this and have it narrowed down to six cast members. But from the way the article reads, the names have a whiff of red herring about them.

All I can say is that it better not be Chibs ...

http://insidetv.ew.c...-jax-tig-death/

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 8:03 AM

Unser's the obvious choice because of his cancer and the character's uselessness on the show. Clay would be next because, as much as I would miss RP, the show can go on without him

But I'm going out on a limb and say its NONE of the six mentioned and that the article is to throw off fans into thinking it's only one of them. I'm going with Otto. He ratted the club. There's 4 Sons inside now. He's gonna get it.

CollageStoodant

CollageStoodant

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

...the names have a whiff of red herring about them...All I can say is that it better not be Chibs ...

That's what I was thinking too. Of course they could know that people would think it was a trick and thus it is one of the six mentioned. I am totally over thinking this. Just not Chibs!

JWo

JWo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

I think the EW article is a red herring too and that it is Otto. As someone pointed out in the comments to the EW article, I'm pretty sure I saw Chibs in one of the promo pictures for Joel McHale's appearance.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Opie makes more sense; would tie up that character's storylines and it close the door on that entire aspect of the series in terms of how much he has lost, in terms of loved ones, to the club.

swtp15

swtp15

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

I hope this isn't a spoiler but I did see on imdb that Wendy is in this episode. There are pics of her and Tara. She might be a possibility for who dies too. I wouldn't really consider her a major character necessarily but with this show you never know.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

Gotta be Unser who dies. I just rewatched S5E2 knowing someones gonna die and it totally feels like Unser now...with Opie a distant second.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

So with Opie dead, damn that eliminates a large number of looming potential plotlines.

I want Wendy to get a lawyer and fucking sue for custody of Abel. And win, with Jax giving up the kid while Tara and Gemma scream in vain. And that for him to tell Wendy to leave town as he tells her of all of the shit looming over the club and telling her to keep their child safe and away from danger.

I want Tig to be against Clay and for Jax to be scheming to sell Tig down the river to be killed by Pope later on down the line

Let's have Tara and Gemma just beat the shit out of each other and be done with it.

Get Chibs a fucking storyline. He should have been the one killed since his loose ends have been wrapped up. Bring back Fionna and have her staging a take-over of the Real IRA and have her be the ones that SAMCRO have to go through to get their guns and her trying to get Chibs to abandon the club and return to her and her daughter.

And I want to see Pope live/walk away unscathed but barely defeated. This would fit with the growing notion that the Sons are big fish in a small pond who don't work well when other bigger fish from bigger ponds.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

So yeah, no Unser in the episode at all, ha! For all we know though, he could be dead in the next one so... ;)

Great episode. Looked like Gemma still has feelings for Clay. That could be very bad. Jax looks to be on the warpath now. That could be very good for us viewers.

And I finally thought of something concerning Clay, the Nomads and the documents in the safe. While Franky Diamonds is looking at them in S5E2, you can clearly see that theres three documents. We see a birth certificate for Thomas, Jax's brother and a marriage certificate(was anyone able to see the names on the marriage cert? Was is Gemma and JT or Clay?). In the shot, we don't get to see the third document but, maybe it's Jax's birth cert. and maybe it states that Clay is Jax's Dad...? I know, far-fetched but, the only thing I could think of.

Edited by Crow37, Sep 26, 2012 @ 3:12 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Deleted scene from "Stolen Huffy" (via the SOA app) - Tara visits Lyla ... REALLY wish they had kept this in.

(Not sure if this is the right thread for this.)

[Yes, it is!—TWoP Howard]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Oct 12, 2012 @ 10:17 PM.

Crow37

Crow37

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Some things I noticed from 'Orca shrugged' that leads me to believe that Jax will die:

After he tells Galen that they'll send him a bill for the bikes, Jax turns to walk away, directly in the line of fire of the gun.

Jax getting involved in DIOSA...rearrange the A and...ADIOS

At the end when Jax sits down after poking the titty, we see him close his eyes and theres a fish on the wall behing him...Jax sleeps with the fishes

I know, far-fetched but...

HannahMiller

HannahMiller

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Toad's Wild Ride was just that, at least at the end. But...I wonder, could Roosevelt have set the attack on Jax in motion? Dunbar did say in an interview that his character was going on to the dark side.
Furthermore the promo narrator said "stay tuned for scenes from this season of SOA," not "on the next episode..." So I wonder again, did Sutter not want to give away the answer to the Abel question, so he showed no Jax scenes from next week?
Could the show really continue with it's multiple plot points with Abel really gone? As it is, I am already dreading the obviously hyped up but still redundant Gemma-Jax-Tara drama.