Promos, Previews and Speculation: A Spoiler-Free Zone

• Please log in to reply

610 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 4, 2010 @ 10:37 AM

If you want to discuss episode previews, or pre-season promos, or just speculate on the direction the show is going, this is the thread. Now that we have this thread, there is to be no discussion of the previews in the episode threads. Bring it here instead.

Just to get things started, here are a couple of quotes from Kurt Sutter’s blog:

Season three is a bit different for us. I felt like after two seasons of serialized character development, fans would be open to learn more about the history of the club. This season we delve into the mythology of the Sons connection to the IRA and John Teller's relationship with Belfast. It's a huge season for Jax. In fact, it's all about the three generations of Tellers -- John, Jax and Abel.

I really dig the season. It's an important one for me. There are a lot of deeply personal themes weaved throughout this mythology and this season we experience a chunk of them. I hope the fans embrace it.

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:01 AM

One of the BTS YouTube videos states it was the Mayans who were behind the attack. It could be the Irish though. I wouldn't put it past this show but it makes more sense it if was the Mayans.

Here's a link to the video: The Mayans

Edited by sekhet7, Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:02 AM.

coolio70

coolio70

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:15 AM

Hmmm...that tidbit from Sutter sort of changes what I ran over here to discuss.

When Tara was starting that surgery and became physically ill, I had the thought that perhaps she is pregnant with Jax' child. What odd irony it would be to discover it during the middle of Abel having been kidnapped. Of course she certainly could be pregnant, and perhaps reveal it in a few more episodes. Anyone else get that vibe?

aliceanna

aliceanna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 1:23 AM

The thought crossed my mind that she could be pregnant, too. I wasn't sure when I thought that whether I wanted that to be the case or not. It would make for a whole lot of complications at the moment. I think if she did discover she were pregnant, that she wouldn't tell Jax for a while, though.

However, I'm more inclined to think it isn't the case, and that she was ill simply because the last time she saw blood was when Half Sack was killed. I think it was her emotions expressing themselves viscerally.

photoshopgirl

photoshopgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 6:13 AM

Okay I'm an idiot and haven't been able to view last night's episode yet as I get up at 3:30am so staying up that late isn't an option. But dumb me can't stay off the boards even though.

Please tell me there's a spoiler out there that Hale isn't really dead. He's one of my favorite characters as of late... and IMO the only person on this show that you could really call a good guy. :(

coolio70

coolio70

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 8:46 AM

You're probably right.

And of course the hospital administrator got to see the whole thing, further solidifying her opinon that Tara is getting in too deep with these people.

trox50

trox50

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 11:32 AM

One of the BTS YouTube videos states it was the Mayans who were behind the attack. It could be the Irish though. I wouldn't put it past this show but it makes more sense it if was the Mayans.

Here's a link to the video: The Mayans

It could be. But the guy Jax beat up looks more Irish than Mexican. The AV clup recapper has seen the first 4 episodes, and I assume it is revealed in one of those. The preview isn't quite as concrete a spoiler, because the dialog wasn't necessarily connected to the visuals. I'm still guessing Irish. I could be wrong though.

Which do you think would be a more interesting story development?

sekhet7

sekhet7

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:23 PM

Here's the TV Guide synopsis for episode three "Caregiver":

Needing money for guns to keep the Mayans at bay, SAMCRO reaches out to Lyla to help Lin with his "party" for his clients. Opie has a problem with this. Meanwhile, Jax hears that Cameron Hayes is in Vancouver; and Tara visits Gemma, who is having her hands full with her dad and his caregiver.

Okay:
a) Told you it was likely the Mayans.
b) Of course he would.
c) Cameron is in Belfast obviously unless he goes to Canada for some reason so this is likely a false lead.
d) Tara may now be making herself a fugitive by helping Gemma. Lovely. At least we now know who Gemma is punching in the preview.

Edited by sekhet7, Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:23 PM.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 12:42 PM

I hope the gang goes to Ireland and they disguise themselves as leprechauns. Because leprechaun bikers would rock.

lottiedottie

lottiedottie

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 1:25 PM

I kind of thought pregnancy too, not because of the scene in the OR (which had to be upsetting because it was a child, and the recent traumas she'd been through with Half Sack and Abel's kidnapping. That seemed kind of obvious to me) but when she and Jax were in Abel's room, she made a comment about not being sure if she was ready to be a mother (something along those lines). Although I think we're meant to assume she was talking about being a mother figure to Abel, one could also wonder if she's referring to a yet-to-be-revealed pregnancy.

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 2:54 PM

As soon as she rushed out of that operation I thought she was pregnant. At first she looked more ill than anything else, but I could also see where she would have a panic attack. It could go either way. That bitchy hospital admin. is going to use it against her at the first opportunity though.

coolio70

coolio70

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 11:47 PM

And she also made that statement to Jax about being connected to another person (I'm sorry, I don't remember it verbatim, or even close!). It made me think that if she were pregnant--even if he sent her away-they'd be permanently connect via the child.

IdesOfSmarch

IdesOfSmarch

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 1:18 AM

From the previews, it looks like that skank Ima is back and that Tara walks in on her & Jax screwing. This must be part of Jax's brilliant plan to drive Tara away? Ugh.

If it does happen, I don't want Tara to reconcile with him for awhile. She's mentioned before that cheating is her one deal-breaker and if he did with Ima of all people, that's gonna be really hard to get over.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 6:55 AM

I am thinking it might be the white supremacists for a couple of reasons. First off Jax killed AJ Weston (and most of those guys probably don't know he raped Jax's mom). Plus Big Otto fucked up (and possibly killed) one of their guys in prison at the end of the season. Plus from a show writing standpoint, they are adding a bunch of new SAMCRO characters (Kozik, Happy and some prospects) and unless they want the whole club chasing down Able (and possibly going to Northern Ireland) they are going to need something for the rest of those guys to do. I mean if they actually do some shooting in Northern Ireland, it would be expensive to take the whole cast over there, and you don't really want your new guys sitting at the clubhouse waiting for Clay to call with news, so you need another plotline. Plus they never did find out who killed Otto's Old Lady.

As soon as she rushed out of that operation I thought she was pregnant. At first she looked more ill than anything else, but I could also see where she would have a panic attack. It could go either way.

They made a point to show that the surgery she was doing was on a baby, so that makes me think it was just a panic attack based on her thinking of what happened to Abel.

lottiedottie

lottiedottie

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 7:56 AM

They made a point to show that the surgery she was doing was on a baby, so that makes me think it was just a panic attack based on her thinking of what happened to Abel.

Plus, they showed a close up of the incision starting, right? So seeing that cut was another reminder of Half Sack's stabbing. It makes sense that her reaction is more related to recent events (after all, it's probably only been a few days to a week since it all happened given that the funeral hadn't happened yet.) Everything is still pretty fresh in her mind.

photoshopgirl

photoshopgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 8:26 AM

Is it possible that Hale could just be in a coma and that can be the actor's out to pursue other things, as he wanted? Then at least the door is always open for him to return in the future. I'm just bummed how permanent they made his exit. :-(

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 10:18 AM

One thing I hope they don't forget about this season is that there is still a trial hanging over most of SAMCRO, from when they did that raid on the building they thought was the LOAN meeting, but was actually some sort of church function. I mean sure Zobelle is gone, and most of the people in the church probably wouldn't testify without his support, and I think Clay's lawyer said they were trying to get the camera footage thrown out, but even so, pretty much the whole charter, save for Opie, was pretty much caught red handed coming out of a church meeting holding shotguns and automatic weapons.

lucid1

lucid1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 2:07 PM

I've been wondering about Abel, I get a bad feeling he's not going to make it, anyone else get that vibe.

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 3:03 PM

From the previews, it looks like that skank Ima is back and that Tara walks in on her & Jax screwing. This must be part of Jax's brilliant plan to drive Tara away? Ugh.

If it does happen, I don't want Tara to reconcile with him for awhile. She's mentioned before that cheating is her one deal-breaker and if he did with Ima of all people, that's gonna be really hard to get over.

*chokes*

I hope if that's the case Tara beats the hell out of both of them, and leaves his sorry ass.

lottiedottie

lottiedottie

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 3:30 PM

Do you have a link to the preview that shows this transgression of Jax's? I'm hoping it's creative/misleading camera work! I'd be super pissed if he banged Ima.

lucid1

lucid1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 4:00 PM

Jax better not have sex with Ima, ugh just the thought.

Edited by lucid1, Sep 9, 2010 @ 4:20 PM.

IdesOfSmarch

IdesOfSmarch

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 4:20 PM

Do you have a link to the preview that shows this transgression of Jax's? I'm hoping it's creative/misleading camera work! I'd be super pissed if he banged Ima.

Ep. 2 "Oiled" promo.

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 4:28 PM

Please, please let Jax be asking Tara "what did [she] do?" in response to Ima turning up beat to death somewhere.

Jax better not have sex with Ima, ugh just the thought.

If I have to watch them have sex I swear Jax will never be hot to me again. Ick. I need a shower just thinking about it.

lucid1

lucid1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 4:55 PM

oh right there with you honeysdead ick ick and ICK, the speculation going around is that he uses Ima to drive home the message to Tara that she should leave him and the biker life. Plus Kurt mentioned that Jax does something calculating/despicable to Tara this season.

Worthingbum66

Worthingbum66

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 5:54 PM

I am very far behind but who is Ima? Is she the women who was on drugs that Jax married and is Abel's mom, or someone else and what is the gross part?

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 5:59 PM

She formerly worked for Luann. She's the girl whose car Gemma & Tara shot up last season after she tried to bed Jax.

oh right there with you honeysdead ick ick and ICK, the speculation going around is that he uses Ima to drive home the message to Tara that she should leave him and the biker life. Plus Kurt mentioned that Jax does something calculating/despicable to Tara this season.

If that's what ends up happening, what a dick. It's unfortunate Gemma's on the lam because apparently her son needs some sense slapped into him.

Edited by honeysdead, Sep 9, 2010 @ 6:01 PM.

TeamSpungo

TeamSpungo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 6:22 PM

I so, so hope that's not Ima hooking up with Jax, although I fear it may be, as those looked like some long fake nails on his back and I don't think they are Tara's.

If that happens, I'll be pissed.

Edited by TeamSpungo, Sep 9, 2010 @ 6:22 PM.

lucid1

lucid1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 6:36 PM

yeah Gemma is going to have to knock some sense into her son, after Tara beats him. Honestly the Kristen Renton interview on YT pretty much confirms it, I mean I could be wrong, and nothing is confirmed or spoiled but that's where my mind went when I saw it. Tara should have shot her up, not her car

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

Speaking of which, what's everyone's opinion on Kenny Johnson's character? Clay seems to think highly of him, but we've seen that he has problems with Tig and Bobby seemed shocked at the notion of Kozik returning to the Charming branch of SAMCRO, before shut him down as far as not letting him expand upon the issue.

While having him be some sort of Iago figure would be interesting, what if he's Clay's son from another relationship he had before he hooked up with Gemma? Perhaps with the bonus twist that Gemma doesn't know that Kozik is Clay's biological/first-born son?

Could be an interesting storyline for the show to pursue, especially since it would put Jax onto the defensive as far as having a rival to the throne. Not to mention give tension between Gemma and Clay if Gemma feels that Jax's ascension is being threatened.

Alabama Beggs

Alabama Beggs

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 9:26 PM

One thing I hope they don't forget about this season is that there is still a trial hanging over most of SAMCRO, from when they did that raid on the building they thought was the LOAN meeting, but was actually some sort of church function. I mean sure Zobelle is gone, and most of the people in the church probably wouldn't testify without his support, and I think Clay's lawyer said they were trying to get the camera footage thrown out, but even so, pretty much the whole charter, save for Opie, was pretty much caught red handed coming out of a church meeting holding shotguns and automatic weapons.

Yeah, I thought Rosen said that no one wanted to testify and that it was pretty much over (?), but at the very least this would seem to preclude most of them from going to Ireland. (I'm very curious to see how the writers manage that with all those criminal records.)

The idea of Jax's cheating on Tara makes me ill, but I could see back in the season finale when she confessed about her suspension and asked him where they were going that it was too soon for Jax to start being a monogamous family man. They've got some trials ahead of them.

On another topic, regarding Stahl--I bet there will be some kind of alliance between her and SAMCRO at some point, possibly against the Irish. That's such a "Shield" thing, too, making necessary alliances with your most hated enemy. They both have lots to lose and they both know exactly what happened.