Mod Q&A and Announcements: SAMCRO Rules of the Road

• Please log in to reply

21 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 4, 2010 @ 10:06 AM

Hello, and welcome to the Sons of Anarchy forum. There are a few changes in the rules when a show goes from a single-thread to a multi-thread forum.
  • If you have spoilers or want to discuss them, we now have a separate thread for that. No need to use spoiler bars, either! Since spoilers have their own thread, there should be no spoiler talk in other threads (episode and character threads, for example).
  • If you want to discuss previews, or speculate on the direction the show will be taking, take that to the Speculation thread. Keep it out of the episode thread, please.
  • Feel free to start new threads. I've started a few to get us going, but I'm sure we will have more to discuss. Just make sure you are following TWoP thread naming convention, which is Thread Title: Snarky Description here. Also, don't feel you have to put a snarky description in if you can't think of one. We can always add one later.
  • I'll be setting up time-locked threads for the upcoming episodes, but if there is an older episode you want to discuss, feel free to start a thread for it. Be sure to use the Episode button so that you get the formatting right.
If you have any questions for me about the forum, please post them here. You may also PM or email me with any concerns you many have.

Sisera

Sisera

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 1:14 AM

Hey there, friendly mod! I'm a newbie on the forums, and I've read the Do's and Don'ts page, but I've got a question still - being that I am so new on the boards, is there a waiting period before I'm able to start new threads? If so, would you let me know the general period of time I'll have to wait? I'd love to start a thread for Juice, but I keep getting an error message saying I don't have permissions to do it.

Thanks!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 4:39 AM

Sisera, once the member designation under your name changes from Just Tuned In to Channel Surfer (which will happen after you’ve made your tenth post), then you will be able to start threads and use the site’s Private Messaging system. The FAQ also has a section on how to start a thread, which you may find helpful.

Sisera

Sisera

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 22, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

Thanks - I appreciate the info!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 9, 2010 @ 6:40 PM

If the times on the board are an hour off for you, your board clock probably has not been reset since the time change on Sunday. Click on the TWoP Forums link at the top of any forum page. Going to that page should reset your clock, and let the episode thread open at the proper time for you.

If that doesn't work (it should), try logging off and back on.

If any of you are still having trouble after trying either of the above methods, Strega has another way to reset your TWoP clock:

Go to the Control Panel.
Select "Board Settings."
Uncheck the "Is daylight savings time in effect?" box
Click the "Change My Account Options" button at the bottom of the screen.

(If you had the auto-correct DST selected you probably have been off for a while and are finally okay now, but if not, uncheck that as well.)

Bentley

Bentley

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2011 @ 7:46 PM

I've stayed up until 2:00 a.m. three nights in a row to get through a marathon session of Seasons 1 and 2 Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Now I'm ready for season 3 and Netflix says it isn't available! Arrgh!

I checked Hulu and the FX website, and they're only showing episodes 6-10 online. Can anybody tell me where I can catch up on the first few episodes of season 3? Thanks!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

You could buy them on iTunes. The DVDs for Season 3 will probably be available on Netflix or rerun on FX as we get closer to the start of Season 4.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 2, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

I’m going to see if we can get a separate sub-forum set up for all of the character threads. Any suggestions for what it should be called, and what the blurb underneath should say?

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2011 @ 3:56 PM

Hmm, how about 'Patches, Prospects and Old Ladies - oh my'. Too corny, yeah okay.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 2:10 AM

Our new character sub-forum, The Sidecar, has been set up, and all the character threads have been moved there.

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 8:13 AM

I think there was a character thread for Happy in the General Gabbery that wasn't moved over.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:07 AM

You’re right. Thanks for spotting that. Happy is now moved.

Snookums

Snookums

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 4:02 PM

Bentley, if you have Xfinity, try the On Demand feature. It should be showing season 3 as a "Oh, boy, it's almost here!" promo for Season 4.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

Not sure if it matters but FX.com has 4x01 listed as simply "Out" not "Out of the Chute".

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 1:22 AM

You’re right. I typed "Out," but autofill added in the rest (which was the title of a House episode I started a few months ago) and I didn’t even notice. Thanks.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 28, 2011 @ 8:51 PM

I tweaked the Season Four thread title from "What Do We Want From It?" to "The Season Thus Far," so that we’d have a place to discuss the season as a whole. Have at it!

Tara7Roses

Tara7Roses

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:33 PM

Since this show deals A LOT with guns, I thought maybe we could have a gun control thread to discuss thoughts on that topic and how it affects this show?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:46 AM

I've asked to have the Race and Gender issues thread unarchived, and I will change the thread title to Social Issues and include them all. It usually only takes a couple of days to reopen the thread. Thanks for asking. 

Tara7Roses

Tara7Roses

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

No problem, thank you! I like that idea!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

Okay, the tweaked thread is back open. And just for future reference, don't feel you need to ask before starting a thread. All I ask is that you look over existing threads closely to make sure yours wouldn't be a duplicate. If I think it's too specific, or too general to work as a thread, I'll make changes afterward. 

If a thread you are interested in is archived, please post it here and I'll ask to have it reopened. Thanks.

Tara7Roses

Tara7Roses

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

My new topic posted 4 times!! HELP!!!!

Edited by Tara7Roses, Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:34 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 8:57 PM

Done. 

I did move it over to The Sidecar, though, since that's where the character threads are.