The Nate Berkus Show: "YOU Get a Talk Show!"

• Please log in to reply

182 replies to this topic

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

The cooking & fashion segments were what I hated to see on Nate. I wanted makeovers, DIY, trash to treasure, real estate information and "I" wanted Nate to do my fricking house. LOL! He had a lot to offer with his skills but I guess TPTB felt it needed to be a broader show. At least, he won't drive me nuts anymore when he looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in months. I never got that look.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 11:32 AM

I saw Nate as a guest on Doctor Oz's talk show. Nate expressed that he really didn't like hosting the show.  Especially couldn't grasp the cooking segments and never improved his culinary skills. -- King Cat Sam

I saw this too.  It was an episode about emotional health, I believe.  Nate talked about losing his lover in the 2004 Asian tsunami, when they were in Sri Lanka on vacation.  He said he spent at least a year, living pretty much as a ghost himself.  To me, it sounded like a horrific cocktail of PTSD and survivor's guilt. 

I actually believe Oprah was trying to give him a reason for living, to get out of his flat and come back to life.  He never really got comfortable in the role of talk show host and wasn't sorry when it ended, but it succeeded in helping him survive, emotionally and creatively.

Reruns will resume next week at 5:00 a.m. (CST) weekdays on OWN, but it's pretty obvious he didn't have fun doing this.

PS:  I live for the day when the "unwashed" look goes out of style and stays there!

Edited by heirloomtomata, Jul 8, 2013 @ 11:40 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

Future husbands strolling around West Village in New York City. I guess if you are engaged you can get away with wearing matching outfits.

http://www.usmagazin...outfits-2013184