E! Fashion Police (Including Emmy Edition)

• Please log in to reply

826 replies to this topic

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 10:16 PM

The problem for me is that, on Fashion Police, it seems like there are way too many jokes wedged in between fashion commentary, and a little goes a long way.  It almost seems as if Joan is desperate to work the jokes in somehow (even where they are not really applicable), and I don't know if that's her choice -- or the choice of the powers that be at E!? 

If the number of prepared jokes on FP could be cut in half, I think that would be tremendously helpful to the flow of the show.  In addition to that, only some of the jokes are funny.  Others fall flat, but Giuliana, George and Kelly have to react to them even if they fall flat.  

Exactly. Fashion Police needs more fashion! I like the humor sprinkled in here and there, but when it results in not seeing a lot of the fashion, then no.

Ktwo

Ktwo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 11:38 PM

Exactly. Fashion Police needs more fashion! I like the humor sprinkled in here and there, but when it results in not seeing a lot of the fashion, then no.

Absolutely correct. Joan is so busy with the tired jokes that she doesn't even bother commenting on the fashion most of the time, and in my opinion her eye for what works is the best on the show.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 11:50 PM

Liza can barely walk these days. Her FMP days are over, it's all she can do to walk in orthopedic shoes. TMZ has a clip of her from last night, it took help from two men for her just to step up on the curb. She literally couldn't make it with the help of only one of the guys and had to do a second attempt with a guy on each side of her to make that single step.

Hehe- I guess you missed when Liza jumped up from her seat to give Lupita the very odd bear hug after she was announced the winner or when she trying to get into the selfie...there for a minute, I thought she was going to scale over the celebs in front of her.

Maybe the guys were helping her keep upright for other reasons?

Edited by sheetmoss, Mar 5, 2014 @ 11:51 PM.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 12:09 AM

I keep hearing about Liza trying to get into the selfie, so I rewatched. I see her clapping in her seat when Ellen starts the bit. And when it ends she's still in her seat, clapping. Whether she jumped from her seat to hug Lupita, I don't know. I just see a hug. I actually appreciated someone reaching into their closet and saying "These shoes are comfortable. These are what I'll wear."

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Mar 6, 2014 @ 12:12 AM.

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 12:27 AM

There is a photo of that was taken from behind the group in the selfie, and from that angle, Liza can be clearly seen standing and  trying to get in into the picture, but she was too short to be seen over the heads of the actors in front of her.  Lorna and her brother remained seated through all this. The photo is linked somewhere in either this thread or the Oscar thread.

Edited by jerseydevil, Mar 6, 2014 @ 12:28 AM.

MSea

MSea

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 2:43 PM

I always watched when there was the 30 minute format.  Then when it went to 60 minutes I watched until they stopped the closet tours.  I liked the closet tours.  Now it's, dress, Joan's tired old fashioned one liner, minimal discussion.  Every time I turn in it reminds me that I can't take anymore of the lame humor from Joan.  I've seen her stand up and she can be funny.  This is not funny.

Do you think they leave the jokes in so when they say a woman in her last trimester with twins looks like she has a beer belly they cannot dodge bad press?  Hey it's a comedy show.  It's just a joke.

roughing it

roughing it

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 2:50 PM

Do you think they leave the jokes in so when they say a woman in her last trimester with twins looks like she has a beer belly they cannot dodge bad press?

Well, to be honest, the dress looked really bad on Elsa.  It would have been better had it not been belted or tucked underneath her belly and just flowed down to the floor.  However, the panel didn't need to be so crass.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 3:01 PM

I too actually thought Elsa looked like she had a beer belly. Not flattering. Pretty pattern, though.

Why do we have to waste time with guests. The Oscar show was 90 minutes and we had to talk to some lame guest. A couple of episodes ago it was the Jenner kids. Who cares? (OK, I get it--E! has to give tongue baths to all things Kardashian and Jenner)

Yeti60

Yeti60

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 8:06 PM

This show has really become for lack of a better work -- uugh!

Sorry, I love Cate Blanchette but her dress was ugly.  Bad call Joan.

I agree they need to lose the guests.  They add nothing to show particularly the stylist they had for the Oscar recap -- sorry, drawing a blank on her name.  I really can't stand her -- no sense of humor and takes herself way to seriously.

Guiliana also needs to go.  In addition to looking physically scary, her bitchy attitude is really getting old.

Also, why is it that everytime they bring up something relating to homosexuality the camera swings to George who always has this horrified look on his face.  

P.S.  Sorry, Donatella Versace is not a "legend who can do no wrong."  

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:19 AM

I don't get the Donatella worship, either. To me, she looks like a hideous caricature from the neck up. On the other hand, they bash Anna Wintour, and at least she is attractive and represents how a fashion icon should look.
I won't get into personalities, because both these women are probably like Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada."

ExplainItAgain

ExplainItAgain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 6:03 PM

Lauren Conrad always gives a sort-of awkward interview, but man, she looked massively uncomfortable on FP. Her eyes were like saucers at Joan's ridiculous jokes.

George is the worst suck-up of them all. He always laughs the loudest and longest at Joan's "jokes."

Edited by ExplainItAgain, Apr 6, 2014 @ 6:03 PM.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 9:49 AM

George is the worst suck-up of them all. He always laughs the loudest and longest at Joan's "jokes."

Worse, he defended Anna Wintour's putting Kimye on the cover of the new issue of Vogue because Angelina Jolie has been on it before. Three big differences: Angelina Jolie's an award-winning actress, she's a fashion icon and she got/can get a Vogue cover without her man buying it, begging for it and/or being on it with her.

Edited by DollEyes, Apr 7, 2014 @ 9:52 AM.

QueerGirrl

QueerGirrl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 12:04 PM

Worse, he defended Anna Wintour's putting Kimye on the cover of the new issue of Vogue because Angelina Jolie has been on it before. Three big differences: Angelina Jolie's an award-winning actress, she's a fashion icon and she got/can get a Vogue cover without her man buying it, begging for it and/or being on it with her.

THIS!!!

My eyes almost fell outta my head after hearing that.  You cannot compare Angelina to Kim at all!

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 6:34 PM

Jolie has class! Kim's just all ass.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Looks like Zen... uh - the new girl- has put the pressure on Kels to get a decent look. At last a great hair cut to help that color! She looks not just good but GREAT! 

PilgrimWidow

PilgrimWidow

Channel Surfer

Posted Yesterday, 05:59 PM

I'm wasn't familiar with Zendaya before last night, but I thought she was great. Wish she could permanently replace Giuliana.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 09:11 PM

I'm wasn't familiar with Zendaya before last night, but I thought she was great.

I can't believe she's only 17.