E! Fashion Police (Including Emmy Edition)

• Please log in to reply

832 replies to this topic

MissTulip

MissTulip

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 10:04 PM

Hey...where did Groan and Melissa go? Who is this new idjit and why does he have a show? And it's weekly...did anyone see the Creature from the Village Voice on this week's panel? WTF was that? I'll be double checking the window locks tonight...

MissTulip

MissTulip

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:48 AM

Okay. This show is so hideously bad I will never watch it again. Please remove this thread. We do not want to honor this show with a forum on this fine website. I'll go back to the Lost, 24, Desperate Housewives and Masterpiece Theater threads and shut up. Hell, I'll even post on the SLop and Bachelor threads to escape the ruination my reputation faces with creating this thread. Thank you and long live Joan and Melissa...we never knew what a treasure we had until this Verdi character was foisted upon us by TPTB at E.

Jennifer2771

Jennifer2771

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:05 AM

The only thing worse was Verdi appearing with Janice Dickinson. If I didn't have small children to care for, I would still be showering. In fact, just typing this forces me to go wash my hands with really hot water.

indybear

indybear

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:09 AM

I watched the first episode and was left going "WTF?" It actually made me long for Joan and Melissa.

greybear

greybear

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 3:26 PM

OK, I don't know whether this was your intention, but now I REALLY want to see this show. It's absolutely NOT the type of show I would ever watch, but who can resist a trainwreck with casualties?!

Lizziedrew

Lizziedrew

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

I caught one episode and there was this frightening, frightening creature commenting on fashion.... it was (I do believe) a woman, with Bettie Page-short bangs and lips drawn on to resemble a Kewpie doll. It was horrifying. I could not believe that this person was chosen to comment on fashion. Who is she and why would anyone care what looks she thinks are hot or not?

This show is indeed a trainwreck but the kind where I really can-- and will-- look away.

MissTulip

MissTulip

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 6:33 PM

Yes Lizzie, that was the hideous creature I spoke of in my opening remarks. Really truly scary! And no Greybear...please don't watch unless you want to truly waste a half hour of your life.

serendipity

serendipity

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:40 PM

I'm a heeeeUGE Robert Verdi fan, and wish dearly he lived next door so we could shop and do home renovations together all the time.

And yet, even I have to admit that all his charm and beauty is lost on this particular show. What the--??? I'm enormously disappointed.

Yes, this show is a complete waste of time, and yes, the creature from the Village Voice was truly fightening and hideous.

Sorry Robert, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

And don't worry MissTulip, I created a thread for "Missing", so I join you in your shame.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 7:44 AM

I posted this in the Surprise by Design thread and will try here as well--anyone know if Robert is still doing new shows for Surprise by Design now that he is on E Fashion Police? Just curious.

PostToastie

PostToastie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 8:30 AM

I'm so happy that Joan & Melissa are gone that I wouldn't mind if Cookie Monster hosted this show.

Isn't Robert Verdi the guy who used to do make-overs on the Rosie O'Donnell show?

winkleworn

winkleworn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 23, 2004 @ 7:43 AM

The sunglasses as a hat is ridiculous.

And did that wierd VV commentator have a huge ruff collar and knickers with stockings on or am I just imagining that.

This show is way to fluffy. Where's the critique?

Edited by winkleworn, Oct 26, 2004 @ 9:54 AM.

MC SammyD

MC SammyD

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2005 @ 11:08 PM

The Grammy Fashion Police just ended, and I really love this format with Kathy Griffin. While I'm not crazy about Verdi, he actually made me laugh a couple times tonight. When they showed Diana DeGarmo and he shouted "CHARO!" I lost it! Though I was completely lost as to why Kathy chose Janet Jackson as the worst dressed female, she still cracked me up throughout the show, and her comments about how humorless Kanye West is were right on the money.

gemini617

gemini617

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2005 @ 6:17 AM

Kathy, stay on this show forever! I love you. You make Verdi much less scary.

serendipity

serendipity

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2005 @ 9:15 AM

This show is improving. I'm not sure Kathy is the answer, but my beautiful Robert does seem to be settling down into this format better, and is more natural, less robotic.

"Is he wearing SHAMMY?? That's a fabric you don't often see on the red carpet."

Ooooh, Robert, how I love thee.

What is with this being the Kathy Griffin show suddenly? More Robert, less Kathy, please. Actually, I don't mind hearing her talk, and their chemistry is pretty good, but please don't make me LOOK at her, with her creepy plastic face contorted beyond expressive capability. I used to think she was so cute on "Suddenly Susan", too.

Edited by serendipity, Feb 19, 2005 @ 12:49 PM.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:25 AM

I never really watched this show (in its entirety) before. I might catch a segment of an episode here or there, but it didn't seem to be for me. But I caught a mini-marathon yesterday, and it wasn't bad.

I'm wondering if the format is new, though. The eps I saw yesterday, only one very brief segment seemed to be devoted to critiquing celeb fashion, when it seems like the show used to have more of that. Plus, about half the show seems to be devoted to doing a surprise makeover on a "regular" person, and I don't remember that being a part of the show before. But, like I said, I might've missed it.

Anyway, it's sort of reminding me of what happened to The Look For Less. That show used to have a lot of different types of segments. Shopping tips, tips from designers on making your own fashionable clothes (although some of that stuff was scary), celebs shopping for less, shop offs (where Elizabeth competed with a celeb or stylist to see who could put together an outfit for less), trips to fashion shows, etc. A makeover would be one short segment of the show. Sometimes, I don't even think they had one. Then, I guess they realized the makeovers were the most popular segments with viewers, so they got rid of everything else, and now each episode is two makeovers, complete with little bios of the MO's lives.

I must admit, I liked the MO segments on FP the best. But I also like the "Man On the Street" segments, where Robert stops stylin' pedestrians and asks about their clothes.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 11:17 AM

I like this show. I like Robert. I catch every now and again. There is nothing spectacular about it but it is not terrible either. I get a few ideas here and there about fashion.

I don't think Robert is still doing SbD. I saw a commercial for it the other day and it was a blond haired guy with a goatee.

smices

smices

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2010 @ 4:23 PM

Saw the SAG and GG eppy's. Pleasantly surprised by Joan Rivers--she did a good job.

Could do without Khourtney K. I really don't view her as a fashion "expert" and she just comes off as "schoolgirl bitchy" in her responses.

cheesecake134

cheesecake134

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2010 @ 5:49 PM

Kourtney Kardashian has about as much business being on Fashion Police as I do. Actually, I think I'm more qualified.

She's just there because she's on E!. It's not like she's even viewed as some sort of fashion icon, like say, Sienna Miller/Kiera Knightley etc.

I find myself agreeing most with Joan Rivers, which is frightening.

Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2010 @ 7:01 PM

Joan, I missed you so much on this show! Let's face it, from the neck down you always look gorgeous. I don't miss Melissa, although the interaction between you two was hilarious. I love Jay Manuel too. His makeup always looks so good.

Any Kardashian in any kapacity is a horror.

Philly Phoodie

Philly Phoodie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2010 @ 10:32 PM

So glad to see Miss Rivers back, but I don't think she's capable of showing facial expressions anymore.

Get rid of that Kardashian and bring back Leon Ames, I think that was his name. Or Philip Bloch - love him.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2010 @ 5:08 PM

I really can't stand to watch Joan Rivers. Her comments about larger sized actresses like Mo'Nique and Gabby Sibede (sp?) just grates my nerves.

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2010 @ 7:15 PM

Her comments about larger sized actresses like Mo'Nique and Gabby Sibede (sp?) just grates my nerves.

She also accused size 6 Kate Winslet of being "larger" WTF?

buttersister

buttersister

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

All that anaesthesia from all those plastic surgeries has clearly had a cumulative effect. Not pretty.

seasquared

seasquared

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:28 PM

I would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to whomever decided to replace Khloe Kardashian with Kelly Osborne. I found her commentary to be so intelligent and spot on. She was elegant in her criticisms and very knowledgeable of the trends in fashion. It was such a breath of fresh air not to be tormented by Khloe's pointless criticisms: "UM...yeah, I don't know why but I just don't like it." And I have to say that I thought Joan Rivers was hysterical.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 6:00 PM

Kelly Osborne truly is an excellent addition, as she has a critical eye for fashion. That said, this edition was a failure for me, simply by them not giving the worst dressed female title to Rita Wilson. That she wasn't even in the running for it makes me wonder if someone was trying to kiss ass. To that end, I preferred the TV Guide channel fashion wrap.

Liquid6

Liquid6

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 6:58 PM

Joan Rivers was hysterical! I found myself belly laughing multiple times when watching. She has me looking forward to the weekly edition.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 8:30 PM

Joan rocks. Juliana looks like an Oompaloompa. It's difficult to take her opinions seriously when her skin is orange and she's sporting ratty extensions. And Juliana? Seriously, eat something. Soon.

angelmom1

angelmom1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 10:21 PM

Kelly Osbourne was a great addition to the show. Joan was funny but almost over the top at times. I was very surprised that both Rita Wilson and Lauren Graham weren't in the worst dressed list. Both of their outfits were terrible. And surely they could have found a man dressed worse than Neil Patrick Harris. In the past they let each person pick their own best and worst dress but now it is one pick for all. Yes, I agree that Juliana looks too skinny and too orange.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 12:53 AM

Joan Rivers was hysterical! I found myself belly laughing multiple times when watching. She has me looking forward to the weekly edition.

Weekly edition? Tell me more...

I agree, Kelly Osbourne was really awesome and I hope she'll be a regular. She was constructive, funny and nice but also told it how it was. I liked Joan as well, though it did feel a little overdone by the end of the show. I don't dislike Juliana but with four people on the panel, she and the other guy didn't get to say much. I miss Peter and Debbie, what happened to them? I don't miss Khloe or Kimora, that's for sure.

I can't believe that they thought Neil Patrick Harris was the worst. If I recall correctly, they only had two worst dressed men? Really? I wish they would go back to choosing their best and worst individually. I highly doubt they all agreed.

caliborne

caliborne

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 6:43 AM

I didn't see this but oddly the TV guide channel made NPH best dressed man of the evening.