Brandy: You’re a Fine Girl, Moesha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

284 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 9:57 PM

Brandy Rayana Norwood is one of the top-selling female recording artists in American music history.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 10:47 PM

Here's to hoping Brandy is good and with either Tony or Maks.

This lineup doesn't have the promise of great contenders like Evan, Erin, and Nicole brought but hopefully Brandy is the one that sets the bar.

I'm excited to see her.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 11:52 PM

Me too. She has my vote and with this damn lineup she better be in the semi's at least lol. Man I sure wished that Mya was picked for this season instead of having a damn Osmond to go against lol.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:00 AM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Brandy Norwood: I'm So Excited To Be On DwtS

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 1:09 PM

That was a fun interview. She seems like a fun girl and I hope the personality she showed in that interview with Shaun is the same one she brings to the show.

I'm most excited to see her dance!

ci ci

ci ci

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 1:32 PM

That was a really fun interview. She seems really outgoing and bubbly. Hopefully that works in her favor. As we've seen in the past, even the best dancers can be eliminated early if they don't have the personality or likability to draw in voters. I think she'll have the natural dance ability, as well as the personality to boot. She's the only contestant I'm REALLY looking forward to this season. Been a fan of hers ever since Cinderella and my favorite slasher flick I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (lol).

Also, the way she described her pro partner..."Omg girl he is FINE!"--leads me to believe it's probably Maks. I can't imagine her describing any of the other male pros on the show that way. Except maybe Damien or Dmitry...but from what I hear neither one of them will be back this season.

Edited by ci ci, Aug 31, 2010 @ 3:11 PM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 3:00 PM

"He is FINE!" = Maks. Got to be. And if so, I'm onboard with Brandy. Go Brandy!

IHeartDVR

IHeartDVR

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 3:13 PM

I'm definitely intrigued by Brandy coming on the show this season. She's definitely on the "sway and step" side of R&B (she has rhythm and groove, but she's no Mya, Aaliyah, etc.). She's always done very basic choregraphy in her videos and live performances. Definitely more of a double threat than a triple threat, so I wonder how she'll pick up choreography.

I'd love to hear some of her music this season (if they can deliver without butchering the songs).

Edited by IHeartDVR, Aug 31, 2010 @ 3:14 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 3:43 PM

Brandy definitely has rhythm and I think she can be somewhat like Mel because the Spice Girls were never intricate dancers either like say the Pussycat Dolls were.

Maks was fantastic with Mel and if Brandy does indeed have Maks, this could be a pair to be contenders.

He definitely has great choreography when he has someone great. Mel's Viennese Waltzes, Pasos, Rumba and Laila's Samba and Cha Chas come to mind as some of his best choreography.

PorkFat

PorkFat

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 4:44 PM

I love a lot of Brandy's music, but she is no dancer. She is marginally okay when it comes to choreographed dancing, but she is ungainly and awkward! She'll look great in her outfits, though.

MtnBabe

MtnBabe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:51 PM

I hope Brandy's a good learner, because the field is very under-talented this Season. But I have to agree, she is so thin and lacking in definition in her legs that one must suspect a bit of weakness at least to begin with. Hope she does better than expected! Someone has to!!!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

I think she will. If she has Maks, those 2 could have some great chemistry together and that is a large part of getting along and performing well.

I wonder if they will have to doing Viennese Waltz first seeing as she kinda sorta Waltzed in Cinderella.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 11:49 PM

That was a really fun interview. She seems really outgoing and bubbly.

I have to admit, after the whole fatal car accident thing, its amazing she's rebounded to the extent she's back to being able to approach life that way again (and the settlements for the three lawsuits from that, all paid out last year, probably explain the need for a cash influx from a show like this--not that the exposure won't do her good too).

I do wish her well. I've never seen her reality show (I've been told its kind of lame), but I liked her a lot before she disappeared from the entertainment landscape in 2006.

MtnBabe

MtnBabe

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 1:37 PM

Wishing good things to happen for Brandy and her daughter now in Season 11. Let the good times begin to roll.

Long paparazzi video gives good picture of sweet Brandy. Brandy sez she's stiff as a cardboard box.

Edited by MtnBabe, Sep 2, 2010 @ 9:52 AM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2010 @ 1:12 AM

Maks' latest tweet about their rehearsal:

MaksimC: Had a great rehearsal with @4everBrandy. Someone picks up choreo quick ;) VW is going to look great! AND we have a cool song....

He seems optimistic. Can't wait to see them dance! :)

GuestStar

GuestStar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 3, 2010 @ 12:38 PM

I can't wait to seem them dance. Perfect partnership it seems. We'll see them in the finals for sure.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

She's gonna win. Maks better not ruin it this time.

knaayo

knaayo

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2010 @ 9:57 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing her on the show. I'm a bit unsure about her dancing skills, but I think she's capable so I hope she brings some good stuff to the floor.

Edited by knaayo, Sep 4, 2010 @ 10:23 PM.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2010 @ 5:55 AM

I'm on the fence with Brandy's dancing. My speculation is that she will be a dancer much like Ana, Dereck's celeb dancer, Maks' tango partner.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2010 @ 9:17 AM

Well, she "the best" of the bunch.... she better Bring It.

She twetted that she almost cried during rehearsals. Aww. Maks never fails to entertain, does he?

Edited by TruBrit, Sep 5, 2010 @ 10:24 AM.

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2010 @ 10:15 AM

I have to at least root for anyone Maks is with that isn't a trainwreck. If he says she picks up choreo quick, that is going to put her ahead of a defintely pedestrian crowd.

agentAA08

agentAA08

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 6:52 PM

I cannot wait! I am so excited to see these two. I grew up listening to Brandy's music and watching Moesha, and I absolutely adore Maks. Hope they go far!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 4:54 AM

Video > (Access Hollywood) Dancing With Brandy & Maks : Part I : Part II

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 9:57 AM

I read some of the Twitters of the Pro/Dancers and I must say that I think Brandy and Maks will be the one to watch. He seems pretty happy this season and Brandy seems pretty motivated and determined to prove herself. He says she wants to rehearse more than what they're doing and he loves that. I also see that she has now enrolled her daughter in dance classes as well. I think Brandy is going to gain alot from this experience.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 10:07 AM

Yep! Brandy and Maks are the one to beat. Can't wait for Maks to get that trophy, finally.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

I just looked at Part 1 of that video and Brandy is looking pretty good with the flowing part of the Viennese Waltz. I also found it funny that Maks said he looked at the list of names and didn't want to paired with some of them, and was glad when he got Brandy. They look like their packages will be at least entertaining.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 2:49 PM

Those videos give me good vibes. He looks relaxed, Brandy seems really cool and she looked good in those tiny clips of her dancing. Excellent!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

Wow, she does look pretty good in those clips. Imagine what the next 10 days of polishing that routine will make it look on the premiere.

Not to mention, she seems to have a fun personality and her and Maks seem to get along good.

squaredpants

squaredpants

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2010 @ 3:33 PM

Yes, they're good together. I just wanted Maks to get Brandy 'cause she seemed the best partner on paper. Their personalities really click though, well for one full week at least. Bet there will be waterworks at some point (aren't there always?), but I'm super excited to watch their first dance. Who knew Brandy was sexy? I like her!

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2010 @ 9:24 PM

I saw a cute interview with Brandy and Maks where she jokingly accused him of "cheating on (her)" via Twitter with Mel B. and Erin Andrews and he needed to let go of the past and concentrate on the present (i.e. her).

From the little bit of rehearsal footage I saw, she and Maks appear to have a nice chemistry. I'm really looking forward to seeing them dance.

If they get to the finals, I pray to (fill in deity of your choice here) that Maks doesn't eff up the freestyle. Again.