Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

I guess this is a sign she won't be coming back

One can only hope....

BC1795

BC1795

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

Somebody obviously pulled Anne Burrell aside and told her to cut out the growling, calling oil "earl," etc. Whereas Anne improved, Aarti got worse.

The how does one explain Goo, Retch, Pauler??

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

Aarti has been quiet and evasive about "When is your show coming back?" questions on her Facebook page, so I suspect that we've seen the end of it. It's a shame -- hers was the only how-to cooking show on this channel I could tolerate. I thought she made by far the most interesting recipes, and I also found her personality the most enjoyable.

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

Aarti announced on her Facebook page this week that her show didn't get renewed. She added that she's working on some other things, so hopefully we'll see her again soon on something.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

Or hopefully we'll never see her or her hussby again. With disclosure that I found her phony and pretentious from the get go, she is a failure for FN. No sooner than she had won, she was out in the media (interview on NPR of all places, for one) touting that she was making plans to "brand" herself. Good riddance. JMHO.

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Now if only FN would give d'Arabian the boot...

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

If is true that Alton Brown is in Melissa's corner, she won't be going anywhere soon.

I am disappointed that Aarti's show got dropped, but I am not surprised. I think that her style of cooking appeals to a very limited audience. I happen to like it and I picked up a lot of good recipes and tips from Aarti.

I think that Aarti's downfall was due to her OTT personality, giggling, etc. I always thought that maybe FN was behind that, with the constant yammering to "tell stories, show PERSONALITY, etc." However, I saw Aarti recently on "All-Stars Chopped," where she clearly didn't have to be "on," and she behaved in the same manner. Giggling and being "grossed out" over some of the surprise ingredients. She came across as rather immature and not serious about what she was doing. I also felt that way about her show. I think that a lot of those winners realize how difficult it is to produce a program and decide to bail as quickly as possible.

Anyway, Aarti was a difficult read. I couldn't figure out her motive for competing in TNFNS. I truly think that a lot of the contestants go into that thinking that they are going to have to go through the grunt work of producing a weekly show for a season or two, then think they will immediately turn into the next Guy Fieri (it pains me to write that.) Everybody else who is a FN "Super Star," paid their dues for a LONG time. They stuck out the difficult years and they've earned their stripes.

So, regarding using TNFNS "fame," I don't see where Aarti's wagon was suddenly hitched to a very bright star. She did a few commercials for Patak's products, and she had a limited role on a "Good Housekeeping"-produced TCC show with Melissa.

I truly wish her good luck.

howmanywords

howmanywords

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

Aarti is my favorite of all the NFNS star winners. Even if her giggling got a little tiresome I adored her food. I ended up getting really into Indian food as a result of watching her. Bummed that she wasn't renewed and I enjoyed seeing her on Chopped. The upcoming season of Next Food Network Star both Melissa (hate, hate) and the reigning winner Jeff filmed episodes where they were used as judges, Aarti was completely skipped over. Also as noted in the Sandwich King thread, Jeff is getting a 2nd show, this one in primetime. Seems to be rare for NFNS winners and lord knows Aarti was mild compared to HIS personality, and IMO he didn't pay his dues either.

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2013 @ 1:56 PM

Aarti has a new show called "Taste in Translation" that premieres Fri, Jan 4, 2013 on Cooking Channel: http://www.cookingch...tion/index.html

Daisy80

Daisy80

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 1:59 AM

Also I forget the name of it but I saw a commercial for a show she is doing with Melissa d'arabian and some one else premiering sometime this month I think. I did catch her new show and thought it was really good. I've liked her from the beginning.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

She's doing Drop 5 pounds with Good Housekeeping on Cooking Channel. It's starting it's second season.

Willow2tree

Willow2tree

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

Aarti did an episode of "Chopped", competing against Melissa D'Arabian and someone else. They were competing for their favorite charities. Melissa seemed to really think she had the win in the bag, but Aarti won! She was really cool, very surprised and extremely grateful for the money for her charity. It was fun! Alton was the host for this particular episode, I wonder if he was miffed that Melissa didn't win?

Edited to add: They really had to work with some gawd-awful ingredients. Peas as part of a dessert? Then they criticize the results? Use some logical stuff that goes together, people!

Edited by Willow2tree, Jan 9, 2013 @ 2:15 PM.

Totale

Totale

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:28 PM

Aarti has a new show called "Taste in Translation" that premieres Fri, Jan 4, 2013 on Cooking Channel:

Looks like she's not cooking on it, though - Fieri-style travel and gulp.

Edited by Totale, Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:29 PM.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2013 @ 1:50 PM

Yes, no cooking. It looks like it was only one season.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 12:39 AM

I couldn't watch Aarti's show because of her annoying, ever-present giggling. If she does the same thing on the new show, I will turn it off within 2 minutes. It's a shame, because I thought her recipes were interesting, but I couldn't listen to her. She drove me nuts with the giggle.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 10:30 AM

Her new show is done and over with. It was on Cooking Channel. I see repeats in the morning every once in a while.

Beataholic

Beataholic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2014 @ 2:21 PM

I actually like Aarti's show and even made a few of her recipes- the pretzel-crusted steak with mango-onion gravy and the greens n beans are favorites of mine to cook. 

She and her husband had a baby girl this past October name Eliyah.