Sister Wives

• Please log in to reply

15752 replies to this topic

altopower

altopower

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

We knew Robyn was the favorite new toy before the honeymoon, where they did all kinds of fun things with many PDA's while the three original wives left at home were getting more open about anger, sadness, jealousy, pain. I was ready to strangle Robyn and the Kster, who as usually looked as though he was enjoying a second childhood.

keeperrox

keeperrox

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:13 PM

I think the Honeymoon special just proved that Kody embraced polygamy because he's a douchebag horndog, NOT because he felt some calling from God.

angelmom1

angelmom1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:14 PM

Robyn seems to have no personality and other than being younger than the other wives, she doesn't seem to be a big prize. I too feel bad for her poor children being left with people they don't know (and her mother) for 11 days. I also hate it that she doesn't pronounce the letter T so Dayton comes out Dayon.

The Brown house looks really shabby in the scenes they showed tonight. Holes in the drywall, writing all over the walls. These women aren't living the life of Reilly. So don't get why they want to be with Kody.

Edited by angelmom1, Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:15 PM.

Galloways Cave

Galloways Cave

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

That was the saddest hour of reality TV I have ever seen. Watching those three wives call themselves selfish and trying to understand the anger and frustration they were feeling was heartbreaking. Meri just about choked saying that "hopefully" in the end it will all be justified. How about right now, in this moment? How is all this torment justification for living a life full of confusion and anger and self-doubting?

If Robyn Truley said she needed 11 days with Kodster, she is the selfish person we thought she was. The others are sacrificing, why aren't you? I couldn't watch all the slurpy huggy kissy crap going on. If Kody has really evolved, he would have limited the time away from the family. But no, gotta have the playtime with the new toy.

So we get the full story (almost) on Jannelle. At least they know and accept what kind of relationship they have. But Meri was spot-on about how she and Janelle were feeling hurt over the honeymoon the most- Christine had Truley and Kodster had Robyn. They were the ones left out.

This situation is bound to implode.

RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

I had a major WTF??? moment at the very end when Kody mentions when Truly Scrumptious was born into the family. How did I miss that this was Truly's full name???? I know it is a character name from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but lord have mercy, doesn't it sound like a stripper on the pole?

cward14

cward14

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:49 PM

I don't know how Kody could say he needed to be more sensitive, blah blah, because he's been insensitve, blah blah.. but then he goes on an eleven day fake safari... and not only that, he even admitted he didn't want to contact his other wives for the first few days of the honeymoon?
He doesn't make sense and he's clueless.

goldensglitter

goldensglitter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 21, 2010 @ 11:59 PM

I have to admit the 3 wives are pretty honest and straightforward in expressing their feelings, at least it seems so to me. I like them alot. Kody is effin rediculous and acts like a teenager in heat, he needs to grow up. I agree, he's just a poonhound, and not following a call from god to follow polygomy.

Robyn should watch her camera face shots........her profile is Jay Lenoesque, not attractive.

Edited by goldensglitter, Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:00 AM.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:22 AM

I had a major WTF??? moment at the very end when Kody mentions when Truly Scrumptious was born into the family. How did I miss that this was Truly's full name???

I'm assuming it's just an affectionate nickname for Truely, because her full name is actually Truely Grace. Christine talked a little about how they decided on Grace as a middle name during the very first episode.

Edited by Sugarwater, Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:24 AM.

Rhettwoods

Rhettwoods

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:23 AM

Kody said that he took a longer honeymoon with Robyn because with his first two wives, there were no children yet in the family, so he had that "alone" time with those wives at the beginning of the marriage that he would not have with Robyn. Okay, I would buy that if someone else had said it, but everything else out of Kody's mouth tonight seemed to be such utter b.s. He was just trying to convince himself that he is so just, such the perfect husband to 4 women, so this, so that. Ugh. And that look he had on his face when he and Robyn were talking to the camera where he was looking so "thoughtful" and "serious" -- I thought a balloon should be above his head with the words "I hope I look like I'm being thoughful and serious. I practiced this expression in front of the mirror for hours". Those three women deserve so much more. I would even be hoping for them to be "sister wives" but with another husband who isn't, well, who isn't Kody.

kellinatorjones

kellinatorjones

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:28 AM

Personally I think Meri is so done with this. To me she sounded like she was looking at the cue cards and going "how snarky-sarcastic can I possibly make this bullshit line written for me sound?"

The first three wives talking about being selfish was really sad. They keep using that word, I do not think it means what they think it means.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:32 AM

I have to admit the 3 wives are pretty honest and straightforward in expressing their feelings, at least it seems so to me. I like them alot. Kody is effin rediculous and acts like a teenager in heat, he needs to grow up. I agree, he's just a poonhound, and not following a call from god to follow polygomy.

I like them too and feel they deserve more than 1/4 a man. I do like their honesty and feel for them.

I guess Kody and Robyn didn't consider that the wives back home would eventually see all the footage of their 11 day "reward for waiting 10 months". The wives were already feeling bad.....wait until they see the footage. Wow, a lot of guys would be jealous of Kody...he gets to sleep with a much younger woman on a long (paid by TLC) vacation while his wives are OK with it and even babysitting the kids back home. Not to mention, he gets to say it is Gods will too, so no guilt.

Spork of Doom

Spork of Doom

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 12:53 AM

I can't believe I missed it! Can someone fill me in on what the story with Janelle is?? Pleeeease? :)

Lordloveaduck

Lordloveaduck

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 1:15 AM

She said something to the effect of "I've been detached for years and years, so I don't understand why I'm now feeling this jealousy."

Something like that. I'm sure I don't have the quote exactly right. I was quite surprised to hear her admit her feelings of detachment had been there for so long.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 1:57 AM

TLC needs a proofreader. San Deigo? My town is not that hard to spell!

Also, I would much rather watch a show that was just Meri, Christine, and Janelle. They all seem like thoughtful, decent women who deserve so much more. Kody and Robyn's scenes bring the show down.

Lastly, I really hope that the boys in the family don't inherit the douchebag gene. Logan seems OK so far, let's check back in five years.

3 is enough

3 is enough

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 2:10 AM

Robyn should watch her camera face shots........her profile is Jay Lenoesque, not attractive.

Agree. She has a definite "witch profile". Funny how she was the only one who didn't try on the witch hat in the store. Don't think she's going to age well at all.

I only caught the last 15 minutes, but that was more than enough. I think I'm done with this bunch.

naduah

naduah

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 2:39 AM

Robyn already has the profile of a toothless hag. She will not age well.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 5:32 AM

It doesn't matter. Kody will replace her with a fifth wife.

I think there is something odd with Robyn trying to bond with the wives, especially at the dress shop.

We see Robyn choosing the most unflattering dress, which does not even appear to be her style, and she goes to Christine for an evaluation of it, the one she least gets along with it of the wives.

Christine flat out tells her the dress makes her looks flat chested. We find out that being flat chested is an issue for Robyn.

I'm sure Kody will be dialing up a plastic surgeon, but what I don't get is the dress choice.

Well, I have a theory.

I think Robyn picked the ugliest dress, because she expected the wives to salivate all over it.

She rushes over to Christine for her opinion, and I think Christine got it.

Robyn expected her to lie and say it looked good, in hopes that she could highlight the wives poor taste in fashion and or, if she really does have bad taste in clothes, perhaps fish for more compliments.

Instead, Christine gave her a backhanded diss by saying that dress made her look flat chested, and there was Meri in the corner quietly giggling.

Robyn was floored and recoiled back into the dressing room.

She did not expect Christine to be a step ahead of her and so over her little-girl tactics.

Edited by Poetist, Nov 22, 2010 @ 5:38 AM.

altopower

altopower

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 6:43 AM

Did you notice that over the "kiss and cry" area, the Three Wives were all wearing purple? Janelle and Christine's were obvious and they flanked Meri, who was wearing purple with a jacket over it. It looked to me like solidarity time.

BowlOfXmasCandy

BowlOfXmasCandy

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 7:57 AM

This was the first and last time I watch this show. Through out the whole show I wanted to slap the shit eatting grin off Kody's face. This was one hour I will never get back.

funkycatt

funkycatt

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 8:08 AM

I'll tell you what, if my husband went on an 11 day vacation and left me home to take care of the kids, I'd be livid! Nevermind the other woman, if that were the case it would be over. And that is what a reasonable woman would think.

It was pretty sad to hear them say "It doesn't make sense for me to be angry, but I am." Nope makes perfect sense for you to be angry.

So the wives all become better people and "get over themselves." But what about this makes Kody a better person?

Here's what bothers me about the polygamy on this show. At the time polygamy was started (in the US)it was done for survival. Women had no other options. But now that woman do have other options, polygamy takes away those rights, and sets feminism back by hundreds of years.

Does Meri get a smaller house since she has fewer kids? I think a woman who has fertitilty probles, whose husband goes out and marries two other women to have 12 other kids is one of the sadest things I've ever heard.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 8:19 AM

I think the Honeymoon special just proved that Kody embraced polygamy because he's a douchebag horndog, NOT because he felt some calling from God.

Wasn't that why it was invented?

Kody does not look like a "surfer dude" and finding out that he is always flexing in the mirror is complete ick.

I also think Janell is so pissed b/c she seems to be the only one with a job and has to support this mess. Janell quit eating your feelings and run, run, run away.

I also laughed when Robin was making sure Kody called the other wives, cut to the other wives stating that Kody decided to call b/c he is so involved and not because of Robin. Robin seems to want things on her terms, telling Kody when to call the wives and then listening in on the phone conversations. Not cool.

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 8:34 AM

I think Meri, Janelle and Christine should take an 11 day vacation together and leave Kody and Robyn to watch all the kids.
Seriously, an 11 day hooneymoon when you have 16 kids at home? Not cool.

RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 9:38 AM

Seriously, an 11 day hooneymoon when you have 16 kids at home? Not cool.

Completely agree. And the days leading up to the wedding were probably hectic and revolving around Kody and Robin, which makes it more like 2 weeks the other wives did not have his attention. I get what they are saying about needing time without kids, but for the love, take a 5 day vacay then in a month or two take a long weekend or something. Don't do that the to the other wives.

It just kills me that the 3 wives not only have to deal with the feelings of jealousy and abandonment, but that they also must feel GUILTY for having those emotions. Utter bullcrap.

geeky girl

geeky girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:10 AM

Before I was a mother, I did go away for weeks at a time. I could never leave my child, a teenager, for that long. I have left him with grandparents for four days, but it was hard. I can't understand how Robyn could do that. Why not have a Brady honeymoon?

I think David/Dayton was happy to be a Brown because he's not completely surrounded by 3 howler monkey women/girls all the time. I bet this is one situation where going from 1 from one mother to 3 other loving, nuturing mothers.

GeorgiaRai

GeorgiaRai

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:28 AM

Everything Robyns says about wanting to bond & build a relationship with the other wives seems forced and calculated. Of c ourse, she wants them to love her, but only because it would benefit her in the long run, but I don't see any true affection coming from her at all. Even her (vomit-inducing) interaction with Kody comes across as needy & desperate; I'm sure not feeling any love.

I really like the original wives segments; they seem genuine and honest. Personally, I think they are all strong in their faith and really see "the Robyn situation" as a trial they need to go through to become better people and to be better prepared for the afterlife. But if there is something deeper in the works and they find themselves questioning concepts they've believed and embraced for years, well, I'm all for a good spiritual epiphany every now & then. I hope they end up happy and content (though how they can be happy & content with Kody is beyond my comprehension).

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

Robin seems to want things on her terms, telling Kody when to call the wives and then listening in on the phone conversations.

Yes, when he was speaking to Meri (I think) she had that "you have me on speakerphone so I'm watching what I'm saying" voice. Now on the one hand they're using speaker because of the tv cameras... but she's also thinking Robyn's there. Texting might feel more private, but I'm guessing Robyn's reading them.

I do have to say Dayton might be liking this. He seemed quite comfortable and happy when Kody had his arm around his shoulder. Even though Kody was distracted at the time, it seemed to be genuine affection and the kid seemed to be lapping it up, poor thing.

snarkopolis

snarkopolis

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:33 AM

1. How sad is it to see 3 women bemoan their "jealousy" feelings as if they aren't valid? Hey ladies, umm, you are jealous because in a marriage you are supposed to feel that way when confronted by infidelity. It's ok, normal out here in the non poly world. You don't want to share your man, emotionally with another woman, let alone physically. Somehow you have convinced yourselves that it is ok with the other 2 women but Robyn (younger model) scares you. See, in a MONOGAMOUS relationship you have (we hope) that intimacy and trust. The thought that you have to dismiss those feeling because G-d said so? That something is wrong with you, no.

As to 11 days in San Deigo, or San Diego as the rest of us spell it for Kodouche and Robyn. Free money is great to spend, oh wait! What about the gazillion kids you have to support? I KNOW you wouldn't be using taxpayer dollars for that as you are all employed and cut coupons like fiends. Probably got this vacation from a coupon [insert eyeroll] because we KNOW it's just to show that polys are "normal" too. For the rest of you I have some lovely land here in NJ to sell you, right off the highway [snerk].

Addressing the genealogy question--you have to research it so you don't have inbreeding birth defects. You can't take over the world with one eyed cleft toed 4 feet midgets with lisps. Or can you?

rosepetal1065

rosepetal1065

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:46 AM

Robyn seems to have no personality and other than being younger than the other wives, she doesn't seem to be a big prize. I too feel bad for her poor children being left with people they don't know (and her mother) for 11 days. I also hate it that she doesn't pronounce the letter T so Dayton comes out Dayon.

Totally agree. Plus she tries too damn hard, it's coming off fake. I understand wanting to fit in, but she and "the kodster" have a different dynamic. I think they were involved sexually before the marriage so their connection is really advanced, beyond what it should be for "fourth wife" coming in new and all. my two cents.

This special was hard to watch, I only caught the end of it as well about 20 minutes or so. That whole "this marriage is like giving birth" thing, the discomfort and the pain was weird.
Btw, Kody is 100% pure fugly.

Edited by rosepetal1065, Nov 22, 2010 @ 10:49 AM.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 11:09 AM

Kody felt great delight in saying twice that both the the lions and rhinos were practicing polygamy. They are animals Kody they also eat their young. Kody gets to runt and snort and have sex with all his lair.

Edited by athousandclowns, Nov 22, 2010 @ 11:10 AM.

Havnfun

Havnfun

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 11:11 AM

So many problems with this special I don't even know where to begin. A while ago, after the last special I think, someone posted that it seemed like they must be reading boards like this, based on their comments. That's what I felt like during all of Kody and Robyn's conversations about how now that they are married there are all these things they can explore and discuss and an intimacy that couldn't exist before they were married. It seemed like they were going out of their way to try to say 'NO - we really didn't have sex before we got married even though you think we did'. I don't believe them.

11 days away is insane. To me the argument of 'well we didn't have kids back when I only took 3 days with my other wives' is the exact opposite of the correct response. When you don't have kids you can leave and go away for a while. When you do have kids - you don't dump them with someone else for 11 days and go on vacation. The 'Robyn said she needed this so it's ok' comment was beyond offensive. So basically if one of the wives (and it's going to be Robyn every time) is whiny and feels entitled then they get what they want and it has to be ok with the other wives??? What kind of crap is that?

I feel so horribly sad for the first 3 wives. They are having normal, healthy and perfectly acceptable feelings about the fact that their self-obsessed husband is off playing with his new toy and leaving them to do the day to day work of life. Robyn is now the wife and the other three are there to take care of the kids, cook, clean and make money. And worse - Robyn sees it that way too.

Ugh - I could go on and on but it's just so sad.