Melissa and Joey

• Please log in to reply

410 replies to this topic

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 7:23 PM

I genuinely laughed at Joe's "I don't want to ride that tricycle" line.  At least Austin didn't get un-fixed before Mel dumped him.  Although that might have been funnier. 

karra

karra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 4:49 PM

Wow, it looks like MJH lost quite a bit of weight during the hiatus.

Well, yeah. That happens after you give birth.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 5:01 PM

Wow, it looks like MJH lost quite a bit of weight during the hiatus.

Well, yeah. That happens after you give birth.

Well, it could have been that.  But more likely she saw some clips of herself wearing some of those very unflattering sausage-case dresses and cried out, "damn, I've gotta call Nutri-system."  Even with the weight loss, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the skin-tight apparel went away.  She is playing a middle-aged politician, you'd think her look would be a bit more conservative.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 1:49 PM

I believe MJH became a spokesperson for NutriSystems or some other weight loss program, I've seen her in a few ads. Whatever she did worked. And yes, I'm sure last season's baby weight was an issue but they shouldn't have tried squeezing her into those skin tight dresses, that being the case.

I found this latest entry quite a let down after the previous one. Seemed like another lazy script that not much effort went into writing. Maybe the writers of this show need a full six months to produce a decent script. I don't think I'm ever going to really care about Lennox and her boyfriend issues. Taylor Spreitler just isn't compelling enough to craft big storylines around. She's OK in small does being snarky and that's about it. They should do more with Ryder. Nick Robinson has much more potential.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 10:12 AM

Joey Lawrence is not selling the passion in this relationship.  I get that it's "new" and they're "finding new ways to navigate," but at this stage, I should definitely believe that they have the hots for each other and it's not working for me.

Telenovia

Telenovia

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 12:53 PM

I still really enjoy this show for the mindless cheesefest that it is. It gives me at least a few good laughs every episode. The "live studio audience" kind of ruins it, though. What exactly does a big loud "whoooooo!!!!" when Mel and Joe are kissing add to anything?

And that neighbor lady listening in...ick! And don't they still have to live across the street from her? Awkward!

Has the living room decor been changed again since the big renovation? It seems to be looking much dowdier the last few episodes.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 2:04 PM

Meh. The viral video of Ryder was mildly amusing but otherwise another pretty weak episode. Strangely, I don't think actually putting Mel and Joe together is working very well. I realize they had to go somewhere with this eventually because he can't be the "nanny" forever - especially now that both kids are in high school. Still, it feels like maybe the show has run its course.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 10:55 AM

I'm enjoying the addition of Zander. I hope he sticks around for more episodes. Ryder needs an actual friend. I think the show is really suffering by having so few regular faces on every week. (Remember Stephanie?) You can only do so much with rotating guest stars.

Mel and Joe's romance has kind of gone nowhere. They're exactly the same except they hook up off camera. (Not that I need to see it. I read Melissa's book and she made a few cracks about how much lip gloss Joey Lawrence wears during kissing scenes.)

I know Lennox and Zander have been in college all season, but did I totally miss high school graduation and Ryder going back to school? They completely skipped what could have been interesting, relevant story lines for more of Joe's career of the week stuff.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 1:12 PM

I don't think you missed graduation, but that viral video was a part of Ryder being concerned about his image because he was going back to school.

RetroJunkie94

RetroJunkie94

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 4:18 PM

RENEWED for a Season 4

http://tvline.com/20...n-4-abc-family/

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:54 PM

I don't know why this show has to focus so much on Lennox. She's easily the least entertaining character on the whole show. Did they do some kind of market research that told them she was the main draw on this show? Ryder is so much more entertaining if they have to focus so much on the kids. And how has she been going out with the T.A. all this time without ever having set foot in his bathroom before? Had she never been to his apartment before moving in with him?

vanillamountain

vanillamountain

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 7:08 PM

I don't know why this show has to focus so much on Lennox. She's easily the least entertaining character on the whole show. Did they do some kind of market research that told them she was the main draw on this show?

I think this show/network is trying to cater to the 18-34 female demographic, so that's why. In real life, I think she is also very close with Melissa Joan Hart and her mother Paula Hart (who are both executive producers,) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some nepotism going on as well.

One of my co-workers guest-starred on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" once -- he used to be an actor. He said that Melissa and her mother were notorious for engaging in nepotism on that show as well (which is why Sabrina's friends never seemed to stick around for more than a season.)

Edited by vanillamountain, Mar 20, 2014 @ 7:10 PM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 12:15 PM

The girlfriend finding the speech on Ryder's computer was so telegraphed.  I can't believe he didn't tell her at some point before they got into bed that he thought she was getting ready to dump him. 

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:49 AM

Guess it doesn't count as a double post with this much time in between.  Last night's episode pissed me off a little bit.  Joe getting girl's numbers at a bar AND giving them his real phone number?  Run, Mel, and run fast.  I thought she meant more to him than getting his ego stroked by random women, but evidently not.

Having Zander moving in with two hot girls....extremely predictable.  I want him to get over Lennox because she was obviously over him.  Until someone else wanted him, of course.  I really liked them as a couple in HS, but this jealousy crap is ridiculous.   Lennox needs to met someone new and move the hell on and the same goes for Xander.  

Now Ryder doesn't seem too broken up about losing whats-her-name.  I wonder why all the sudden interest from the girls at school?  Maybe they think his putting up with the baby is really sweet or maybe they want to get knocked up and figure he will stick around?  Whatever it is, it's playing out strangely.  Ryder was never popular so why are these pretty girls suddenly chasing him?!  I hope we get some kind of explanation for that.

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:00 PM

Ryder was never popular so why are these pretty girls suddenly chasing him?!  I hope we get some kind of explanation for that.

Word would have gotten around about the notecards-and-music stunt he pulled in that class, so lots of girls probably think he's swoon-worthy now.

Lucysmama

Lucysmama

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 2:23 PM

2 Sabrina alums on last night's episode!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 9:22 AM

I know the chick that eventually exposed Joe as a jerk was from Sabrina, the college years.  Who was the other alum?

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:45 AM

I vaguely remember that David Lascher (Joe's friend) was Sabrina's boyfriend. But I mainly know him from Blossom and Hey Dude.

caltrask55

caltrask55

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 8:57 PM

I admit I laughed out loud at "Who does charity and then brags about it?"

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 12:32 PM

I KNEW I recognized him from somewhere!  Thanks, kia112

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 3:05 PM

I know the chick that eventually exposed Joe as a jerk was from Sabrina, the college years.  Who was the other alum?

Elisa Donovan, who played Morgan in the last 3 seasons of Sabrina. She was the one Joe have his number to. Seeing David Lascher looking so much older made me feel old. He's 42 now. Gah. He was never officially Sabrina's boyfriend on the show, he was more of a "will they or won't they" love interest that was eventually written off the show before they could get together.

I wonder if they'll ever have Soleil Moon Frye or Lindsay Sloane on the show, although it's hard to say who Hart is still friends with.