Being Human (Syfy Remake)

• Please log in to reply

4600 replies to this topic

Stormy4400

Stormy4400

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:52 PM

I really enjoyed the ending.  I think it a great way to end the series.  Overall, I still preferred the first 3 series of the British original to the U.S. version but from a fan point of view, the U.S ending was much more satisfying.  

While I may have preferred the British original, the U.S version really grew on me and I really enjoyed watching the 4 friends try and fail so many times in their attempts to be human.  Ultimately, being human is about the sacrifices you make for those you love, which they never realized until the end.

I liked that Aidan and Sally got their door together and Nora and Josh had their happy ending.  And while I would have liked to see a little more of Sally in the final episode, it made sense that she sacrificed herself for Aidan.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:40 AM

(Medium wins for worst finale in recent memory)

I had forgotten all about that, that was truly a horrible finale, I'm so glad this show wasn't anything like that.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:44 AM

I think Dexter's terribad finale beats out Medium for the prize.  This finale just felt a bit rushed (in the sense that the whole season felt a bit rushed) but overall I liked it. 

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:01 AM

I think Dexter's terribad finale beats out Medium for the prize.  This finale just felt a bit rushed (in the sense that the whole season felt a bit rushed) but overall I liked it. 

Crap, I had forgotten about that one too LOL

qtpye

qtpye

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:06 AM

Even though the finale was not perfect at least it was true to the characters and the heart of the show.  The Dexter finale just pissed on the character and everything we loved about the show.

FreeperDave

FreeperDave

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 2:41 PM

I liked the series and the finale was good.

But, I don't understand how they didn't get a little visit from the police.  On the day they move out of their house, every window is broken and a dead body is inside (Beatrice).

You see them move into their new place and go about working at their hospital jobs.  

It seemed that something was missing.  

maritza

maritza

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 3:22 PM

I agree that there were some plot holes. The one that bothered me was why Sally could make Aidan human but couldn't simply snap him out of Kenny's compelling. I know it was for the purpose of giving him an after life but still.

Edited to add that I forgot about the Dexter finale. I didn't watch the show but I did hear what an abortion the finale was to the fans.

Edited by maritza, Apr 10, 2014 @ 3:23 PM.

Bohemian Taco

Bohemian Taco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 6:22 PM

I prefer rushed to drawn out, so I liked the finale. If I were to nitpick, I'd suggest that the producers could have done a bit more to make Aiden's door say "other-worldly" rather than "Home Depot", but they were probably out of money; no biggie. At least they got something with some style that fit his character, rather than whatever was cheap.

I was really hoping that Aiden's would be the front door to the house. I thought that might be kinda fitting, but they didn't go that way.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:43 PM

I was really hoping that Aiden's would be the front door to the house. I thought that might be kinda fitting, but they didn't go that way.

Damn, that's a great idea, now I'm pissed that they didn't do that.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:06 AM

Given the whole evil house storyline, I think that making it the door to the house would have been a mixed message (and possible confused some people in to thinking that Ramona was still kicking and had managed to dupe Aidan).

Edited by Perfect Xero, Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:14 AM.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:50 AM

I finally watched the finale and while I noticed some of the nitpicks that others have already posted I don't have a problem with them. Sure some of the season SLs seemed rushed but to me everything (ignoring some of the nitpicks here...) was wrapped up, Ramona was defeated, Aiden got his door, the roomies got their happy endings.

I won't forget this show anytime soon, I may not have posted here much but I loved to read you guys' insights, questions, answers, opinions, spec etc so thank you thank you thank you. :-)

And much love to the BHUS cast and crew! (hugs)