17-11: "Ali Gives Out Her Final Rose/After The Final Rose" 2010.08.02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

199 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2010 @ 6:07 PM

Per TiVo:

Ali invites the final two bachelors to Tahiti to meet her family; Ali gives out her final rose.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Aug 2, 2010 @ 1:50 PM.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

Awww Chris. Don't worry. You'll find a woman more suited for you.

Mama Tiger

Mama Tiger

Stalker

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

I am forced to admit that even little ol' cynical me got a bit sniffly at the sight of that rainbow.

JerseyGirl411

JerseyGirl411

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

That was a cute and drama-free finale compared to the past few seasons. Who knows if Roberto/Ali will actually last, but they didn't seem like they were acting or anything tonight.

Bachelor Pad looks delightfully trashy, even though I'm not quite sure from the commercials how it's actually supposed to work. Though as someone who has watched this show since Alex/Amanda (which is kind of sad), I wish there were more people from the earlier seasons rather than so many Jake/Ali/Jillian people.

NightBaron

NightBaron

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

I enjoyed this finale a lot more than the few previous one, I must say. I liked that she didn't pretend with Chris on the final date and called it quits early, and we all knew she wanted Roberto from the beginning, so I bought the ending.

I don't know if the relationship will last, but I believe they're both invested into giving it a fair shot. I wish them well.

comosedice

comosedice

Video Archivist

I wanted Chris to get the girl in the end only if she felt the same way he felt about her. Ali wanted Roberto and while my heart broke for Chris, Roberto seems like a great guy so I am not upset.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

oh I was crying the minute it was clear Aly was letting Chris go. I have never cried for any of these seasons but Chris made me cry. lol.

comosedice

comosedice

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:07 PM

I am also glad Frank didn't show up. He would have really spoiled the night.

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:08 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to see how nicely this worked out. Ali and Roberto seem very happy together. I hope they make it.

hjohnson

hjohnson

Fanatic

Awww Chris. Don't worry. You'll find a woman more suited for you.

*cough*me*cough*

An okay finale. I havent watched a full season of this show in years and it was enjoyable. A bit cringe worthy and cheesy and awkward... but I guess thats why they're in a place that pretty, so it gives you something else to look at. I still dont really like Ali, I find she never really answers questions and doesn't give anything of herself but *shrug*

I do feel terrible for Chris because it's just so obvious he was supposed to be 3rd with Frank and Roberto being the final two. Her family kept talking him up while she seemed freaked right out that he said he'd propose. Gosh, Ill take him, rainbows and pretty eyes and all.

Shocking, shocking that Frank wasn't at the AFTR.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

LOL,I had forgotten about their Lion King date, anyway "Can u feel the love tonight" was nowhere close to being as cheesy as "Wings of love". I'm glad she didn't string Chris along once she was sure. And the rainbow was pretty whoa. Ali and 'Rabirdo' are cute together and I hope they actually make it in the real world, but then I said that about Jill and Ed too. Anyway, best wishes kiddos.

pairafids

pairafids

Couch Potato

Are there no tailors in Tahiti? Roberto's suit looked like it was spray-painted on!

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:09 PM

If I am not mistaken, this was the first season that the contestant who received the first impression rose also received the final rose. Chris seems to have lost some weight. I have a feeling the stress of the show got to him. I am not surprised that Frank didnít show. What else was there for him to say?

Wibber13

Wibber13

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:10 PM

Oh holy crap-- at least that was a surprise, sort of. Actually it was good of Ali to cut Chris loose, but poor baby.

Ali's sister says "impor'ant" just like Ali. Her brother looks like no one else in the family. Also, I believe Ali's sister actually pronounced Roberto correctly, unlike everyone else. Hey Ali, good luck with Roberto's asshole father.

I guess I will give it 4 more months.

Bachelor Pad looks like a trainwreck. I don't like Elizabeth's (??) dyed blonde hair. She looks like life coach Laura Barron but with fake dyed blonde hair. Ali, lose the extensions, already, speaking of fake hair.

I think it was Roberto's chin dimple that wins me over the most. On the other hand, Ali, if you are going to fall in love at first sight, why lead everyone else on for all that time? Oh wait, I guess they needed the show to fill in some prime time TV. Whatever. I was so ready for the whole thing to be over with.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

I was really hoping that the rainbow was going to turn into a double rainbow, prompting Chris to question what it meant and start crying. As it was, this episode was about 90% filler and 10% worth watching, which is about normal for this franchise.

ali59

ali59

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

Well, I'm happy for them. They seem to be really in love. I hope they make it. I'm really, really glad that Chris was not put forth as the next bachelor. There has to be some nice girls on Cape Cod.

Regarding Roberto's suit: His shirt collar was too big and his jacket was too small, or something. I made the comment to Mr. Ali59 that Chris Harrison is the only guy on this show who knows how to wear a suit. He always looks fantastic.

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

Chris made the comment during ATFR about being "ready" to find love and I was expecting Harrison to ask him then and there to be the next Bachelor.
Ali and Roberto do seem happy but I still think the girl is a total load.

I guess I will give it 4 more months.

You're being generous. I give it long enough to make the talk show circuit and expect a cover story of the relationship breakdown by Halloween.
Good luck to the two of them. Now please go away, Ali.

beachbaby17

beachbaby17

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:14 PM

They are a cute couple and I hope it works out for them. Kudos to Ali for not making Chris go through the final drama. Chris needs a woman less independent than Ali, IMHO. If he becomes the next Bachelor, I hope the women are nice!

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:17 PM

Kudos to Ali for not making Chris go through the final drama.

That could have been the producers idea though. Just another way to switch it up since it hasn't been done before.
The two of them are so fake. I don't understand how he can be into her. She reminds me of a giddy high school girl.
Every rose ceremony is the same with the long speeches. The proposal, spinning her around, so choreographed.

Edited by Laurie4H, Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:20 PM.

PetuniaP

PetuniaP

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

Wow, that was a spectacular waste of time. It was obvious from the first episode that Ali was besotted with Roberto. Every other guy there were just a pawn to make the show last 8 weeks.

This show has gone incredibly downhill in terms of quality. I think they must choose participants on the sole basis of being able to express the same point 5 million different ways. Either that or Ali is one of the most boring people in the history of the show. I didn't care about her, who she picked, or how it turned out. Chris was the only reason I continued watching and judging from his treatment on ATFR, he won't even be asked to be the next Bachelor.

This season, more than any other, has tested my faith that I will be able to continue watching this series.

Wibber13

Wibber13

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:25 PM

P.S. I forgot to mention in my last post that Ali looked like a hot mess in that dress with her boobs being squashed together like that and for some reason Roberto was (again) sweating like a pig during the proposal.

Oh, and the rainbow-- yes, that made me cry a little bit-- I had forgotten about the rainbow stuff with dead mom, but Chris needs to stop referencing his poor deceased mother, because it is the worst buzzkill ever.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

What I don't get is how can she be so in love with Roberto when she was so distraught over Frank last week?
On a side note, its funny how they always show the bachlorette getting herself ready for the finale rose. Like they don't have makeup and hair people doing it for them.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Roberto got the obvious F1 edit throughout the finale. Ali just glows when she's with Roberto. And call me naive, but he seems smitten, too. That said, I think Ali could have done worse than either man. I also thought that after all the drama and intrigue of this season, seeing Roberto and Chris as the F2 was somehow redemptive. I still think the series as a whole is as phony as a three dollar bill, but that said, I hope that if Ali and Roberto do make it to the altar, that they'll make a good, solid go of it.

And I'm totally behind CCChris as the next Bachelor. He's just lovely.

comosedice

comosedice

Video Archivist

Chris does not seem like he would be attracted to drama, so I don't see him being the next Bachelor. The rest of the guys are not attractive or exciting enough, so the next Bachelor should be someone new.

angelmom1

angelmom1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:26 PM

Aw, my cynical little heart thought it was kind of romantic. I liked Roberto from the start and it is pretty clear that edited left out most of his and Ali's conversations. Yeah Chris will find someone when he is ready. I don't think he is yet and Ali was just not the right girl for him. The After the final rose ceremony was pretty boring without Frank there. Anyway, wish Ali and Roberto the best and I enjoyed watching his dimples and cute smiles even though Ali seems to do nothing but giggle.

princelina

princelina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

I think it went something like this:

Fleiss: "We need a shocking ending, something that's never been done before. Ali, you know you have a preference; cut the other one loose before the LCD."

Someone said here way earlier in this season that Ali is neither a good enough actress or interesting enough to carry this show, and I not only agree but felt the same about the Gruesome and Horrible Jake. But Chris IS a good enough actor -- he not only acted like the rainbow was spontaneous (which I strongly doubt) but was able to deliver an almost 4 minute monologue about it/being dumped while sounding completely sincere.

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

Poor Chris. My heart really broke for him. That being said, I thought he handled himself so maturely and tactfully, he really is a nice guy. I am glad that Ali didn't string him along and make him propose to her. I think it would have really crushed him, she spared his feelings on that one which was decent of her. She and Roberto seem happy, guess we'll see where the future takes them.

I'm really, really glad that Chris was not put forth as the next bachelor. There has to be some nice girls on Cape Cod.

Well...I live yay close to the Cape and actually just got back from a weekend there (no Chris sightings though), I would gladly help him out any way I can ;)

He seems super sweet, I wouldn't mind watching a Bachelor season with him. Though he seems pretty shy, I wonder if it would overwhelm him. I wonder if they asked him and he turned them down? Or, if they want to get through Bachelor Pad before discussing the next season after it. I think he's still getting over Ali, but he was such a gentleman about it all, he would be a good catch for someone (raises hand). :)

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:30 PM

Someone said here way earlier in this season that Ali is neither a good enough actress or interesting enough to carry this show, and I not only agree but felt the same about the Gruesome and Horrible Jake. But Chris IS a good enough actor -- he not only acted like the rainbow was spontaneous (which I strongly doubt) but was able to deliver an almost 4 minute monologue about it/being dumped while sounding completely sincere.

Good point. It does seem like Chris is a nice guy but so did Jake and he seemed like a completely different person in his recent interview with Vienna so who knows anymore. Too me Roberto seems nice also but anyone that cute who goes on TV to "find love" is a player looking for 15 minutes of fame. Just my cynical opinion.

coconutcookie

coconutcookie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:31 PM

I liked Ali's family. When her sister was talking to Chris I thought she'd be a better match for him than Ali. She seems more solid and I can't imagine her giggling like Ali. I hope Roberto tells her to put a lid on it.

princelina

princelina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2010 @ 10:32 PM

PS Who is styling this chick? I could never stand her stupid face, but during Jake's season I remember her being well dressed in those cute yellow dresses, and attractively groomed. That ATFR dress, with her boobs squashed down and to the side, reminded me of that line from the Golden Girls where they were talking about how when they got naked they couldn't lay on their backs or their boobs fell down and out :)