Bethenny Ever After: Still Waiting for the Happily

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7545 replies to this topic

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:34 AM

I've always liked Bethenny but didn't think she'd be interesting enough to carry her own show, so I didn't watch.

I felt the exact same way but despite my reservations, I watched. I'm so glad I did!

Bethenny has always been my favorite housewife and I swear there are times I feel we might be separated at birth. I knew exactly how she felt when she was trying to explain to Jason how uncomfortable it would make her to have houseguests. I understand that it's his home as much as hers, but I think he should've been more understanding about that point. Put them up in a nearby hotel but I don't want anyone crashing with me, even family.

I also had the exact same conversation with Mr.QT about being in the delivery room I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to see that. I've always felt I was a throwback to the good-ole-days when dads paced in the waiting room and got called in after the clean up. I'll be curious to see if Bethenny relents and lets Jason participate in the birth.

Love Max, love Cookie, love Napoleon Dynamite. Looks really can be deceiving...he seemed like such a cool person to know and hang with.

I'll be watching every week. I think Bethenny hit the nail on the head when she described the show as dessert after a heavy meal of Housewives.

Tiffers4885

Tiffers4885

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:45 AM

I thought the whole segment with Bethenny talking to the counselor was odd and pointless. What was she trying to do, work out her commitment issues through one taped session? Unless her therapist is going to be a reoccurring character with a relevant storyline, (like Tony Soprano) there was no purpose for her to talk about her hard knock life. I didn't see how that was any different than all of the other times she's brought up her messed up childhood, or any of her talking head segments when she mentions she raised herself.

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:56 AM

I liked Bethenny better before I knew that she was one of those people who make you take off your shoes when you come into their apt/house.

Do.not.want.

DaniLaw

DaniLaw

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:05 PM

I didn't see how that was any different than all of the other times she's brought up her messed up childhood, or any of her talking head segments when she mentions she raised herself.

The difference I saw was that she was able to say that all she ever really wanted was for her dad to love her and she's spent her entire life wondering why he didn't. It touched me to my core, I guess b/c I understand all too well what that feels like with a parent. That moment brought me to tears. Which is part of the reason why I really loved the show, it evoked several emotions. I laughed out loud and cried.

I view Bethenny as being very relatable, which is why I think she's so successful. Many women have struggled with major family issues, food issues, relationship issues, and the loud ticking of the biological clock. Plus, I think the fact that she's so outspoken about her imperfections makes it even easier to relate to her.

To me, Bethenny makes for great reality TV.

foucault

foucault

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:29 PM

I found Bethenny's concerns about Jason's friends to be specious. How intrusive can guests be to a woman who has a camera crew in her home on a regular basis, and whose assistant(s) are omnipresent, sometimes when she's still in her pajamas? She was filmed re-enacting the time she urinated on a stick for a home pregnancy test, and having her belly waxed!

Maybe she only can handle the presence of folks with whom she has contractual relationships (or the upper hand), but I found it odd. Also, people who are reluctant to have houseguests are often the same people who choose hotels for themselves rather than staying with friends. In other words, the same social anxieties are often present in both cases. Yet she spent an entire summer as Jill's houseguest.

I don't want to be unkind about her pregnancy looks, since she did seem self-conscious about the way her face/jawline was bloated in the reunion for "the other show," but I found her facial transformation to be odd, and it hasn't entirely disappeared, based on her WWH interview with Andy. What's up, there? Is that something that could be bulimia-related? Or is it a typical pregnancy thing?

I do think she needs to dial back on the brow situation. Her brows look very artificial to me. Instead of lifting her eyes, they are too thin and specific to balance out her lower face. I'm not suggesting Sasquatch here, but she might look nicer and more natural if she didn't over-groom her brows. This is the first year I remember her doing this, and it made me wonder if she is plucking too much due to OCD or trichotillomania. I'm no psychiatrist, but I would be unsurprised if her many life changes didn't activate (or exacerbate) behaviors intended to impart control.

Kittenrescue

Kittenrescue

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:29 PM

I just think Alex's anger and refusal to forgive is completely disproportionate to the alleged crimes against humanity that Jill committed against her and her family. Frankly, out of all the housewives Jill has been the nicest to her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Jill hasn't been as bad as Alex is now claiming. The VanKempen boys have been little hellions - ie: their behavior at Zarin Fabrics - and I think Jill was fairly gracious about it. I don't recall her alerting the media about it.

So while Jill has made mistakes - so have the others (Ramona telling Beth she has no friends and will probably mess it up with Jason too.)

They all need to 'build a bridge and get over it'.

I found Bethenny's concerns about Jason's friends to be specious. How intrusive can guests be to a woman who has a camera crew in her home on a regular basis, and whose assistant(s) are omnipresent, sometimes when she's still in her pajamas? She was filmed re-enacting the time she urinated on a stick for a home pregnancy test, and having her belly waxed!

Big. Fat. Word.

Assistants, camera crew and equipment is fine, but a couple of Jason's longtime best friends is too much. Okay. Whatever.

Edited by Kittenrescue, Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:31 PM.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:42 PM

After this season of RHONYC, Bethenny Getting Married is like watching kittens play. Such a nice change of pace.

Regarding the friends, maybe it's because she knows Cookie is a little squirrelly around people, and that she's known the crew for 4 years now.

She might not want to have to watch everything she says and does around Jason's friends, since she doesn't know them very well, but the crew has, in fact, watched her pee.

I give her props for at least telling him she didn't feel comfortable about it. I don't think it was to diss his friends, some people just get a little freaked out having strangers spend the weekend.

I don't ask friends to take off their shoes, but I would prefer it. I clean my dog's feet with baby wipes when I bring him in if we've been walking on the parking lot, it's blacktop and I don't want little black foot prints all over my carpet.

Loved when she told Cookie "under!" when she barked at the woman. That's what my Teddy gets when he misbehaves. He goes under a bedroom dresser, it's his time out area, or where he goes to nap.

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:55 PM

No need to be baffled. If there is anything plainer and more obvious than Bethenny's bulimia-induced swollen glands, it's the fact that Jason is gay. I feel sorry for him because he's clearly so desperate to hide or deny it that he'll marry someone as hypocritical and high-strung as Bethenny. Watching her shrill about how "healthy" she is gives me the creeps. I recognize an eating disorder when I see one. She's totally in denial and her baby is only going to suffer for it (already has, in fact).

I don't know if he's gay but he does seem very uncomfortable. I wonder why a man who, according to Bethenny is a private person, would want to be with such a raging famewhore. I wonder if she got married because she wanted a baby and didn't want to do it as a single woman.

telankve

telankve

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:05 PM

I can't understand why such a seemingly warm, caring, extremely family-oriented guy like Jason didn't get married much earlier.

Eh, I can see it. I know a lot of people in Pharma (which I think is his industry) and a lot of them are like that. He's so into being social and playing with his friends (hence Bethenny's "frat" comments) I can see how he has missed the boat on marriage and family. I don't necessarily get a a gay vibe from him, just that disingenuous "networking" vibe that comes from people who have been in sales long term. Seems like Bethenny caught him at the moment when he "put his light on" for marriage and family.

As far as the kiss and make up that Beth and Jason do, I see this as a symptom of him not wanting to portray too much conflict on the show and as a mature way to table the conversation for a private moment, but I could be reading WAY too much into that. I was half paying attention last night, but did Jason really say that if you have to go to couples therapy the relationship is over? Ouch, doesn't bode well when they've got the reality gods and odds stacked against them.

I guess I'll stick up for Bethenny/pregnancy hormones as far as the house guests go. They really hadn't had a chance to set up their home together before his trip. To add entertaining strangers 24/7 to that would be A LOT of stress during a pregnancy and I see that her meltdown was pretty hormonal (having had a few myself the past 9 1/2 months). Seems par for the course, you get weird about your home space while you're pregnant. If she's a homebody, it's a recipe for disaster. A camera crew goes home at the end of the work day, guests do not.

Edited by telankve, Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:06 PM.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:37 PM

I thought the whole segment with Bethenny talking to the counselor was odd and pointless. What was she trying to do, work out her commitment issues through one taped session? Unless her therapist is going to be a reoccurring character with a relevant storyline, (like Tony Soprano) there was no purpose for her to talk about her hard knock life. I didn't see how that was any different than all of the other times she's brought up her messed up childhood, or any of her talking head segments when she mentions she raised herself.

I have a visceral reaction to these reality tv 'therapy session.' I just despise them so damn much. I think mainly because colossal fame whore douchebags like Danny Bonaduce and Jonathan Antin used them on their reality shows. Ugh, I just hate it. In some ways I see this therapy stuff as worse than peeing in a bucket and on a stick, especially for a woman with severe Daddy and Mommy issues as Beth. I just hope she is actually working with a therapist IRL for the sake of her daughter and her new husband.

What exactly does Jason 2.0 do because I have heard so many conflicting reports? I heard he was in pharm sales, then I heard he was a personal trainer and I have heard that he is in real estate. Which is it? Kinda reminds me of Kandi's fiance from RHOATL without the alleged criminality and the multitude of baby mamas who allegedly had a job but no one could tell you in what field or give him a job title and who supplied a huge honking engagement to Kandi but no one knows where the money came from for it.

Edited by islandgal, Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:42 PM.

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:55 PM

Although I wish Bethanny and her family all the best, I don't plan on watching this show. It's a little bit of overload for me. YMMV. I can only take the housewives in small doses!

Her biting sarcasm isn't lost on me because I totally understand it. She is who she is and you take her as she is.

I agree with this and I think it's what Bethanny expects, but yet she had the audacity to tell her former best friend Jill that she has a lot of changing to do if they're going to be friends. I don't see where it's okay for Bethanny to carry on as if she played no part in the demise of the friendship, and then expect Jill to become a totally different person. I don't dislike Bethanny, but I think she can be crass at times and needs to tone it down a bit. Again, YMMV.

Edited by Chit Chat, Jun 11, 2010 @ 1:56 PM.

allfarkledup

allfarkledup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:20 PM

It was a nothing-burger. Just, meh. Nothing odd, special or outstanding about this show. Rather boring.

DaniLaw

DaniLaw

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:23 PM

I wonder why a man who, according to Bethenny is a private person, would want to be with such a raging famewhore.

Perhaps because he loves her?

918Lux

918Lux

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:23 PM

I don't want to be unkind about her pregnancy looks, since she did seem self-conscious about the way her face/jawline was bloated in the reunion for "the other show," but I found her facial transformation to be odd, and it hasn't entirely disappeared, based on her WWH interview with Andy. What's up, there? Is that something that could be bulimia-related? Or is it a typical pregnancy thing?

I don't think Bethenny is bulimic, at one point in her life she might have had a short experience with it, but I doubt it was long term enough to do that to her face. Besides, bulimia tends to give you chipmunk cheeks and Bethenny just seems to have really large jaw "hinges" (sorry I have no idea what they're really called!). If you look at pictures of Bobby Frankel, you can tell that they have the same jaw.

c729

c729

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:26 PM

I have about given up on the RHo__ franchises but I went ahead and DVR'd this just out of curiosity and I can say I am going to be hooked. The RH shows always leave me feeling stressed with all of the catty bull, but I spent this entire show laughing. My favorite line..."but I'm wearing a tutu!"

To the person asking about Napolean Dynamite: the first guy who came in for an interview was a Napolean Dynamite clone!

Edited by c729, Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:50 PM.

GeorgieGirl

GeorgieGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 2:48 PM

Cute show and glad I tuned in.

I find a lot of TV tedious, but was cracking up - I totally get her humor and glad to see this has a lighthearted feel to it.

After the dark vileness that was NY this season, this was a welcome bit of fun.

Look forward to seeing more.

Kveta

Kveta

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 3:07 PM

I enjoyed it and will watch it again.

I thought I heard Bethenny say that she had once been married for seven months and has also had three broken engagements. So, I would say a session, or sessions with a therapist made sense. I think it was a vehicle to fill the viewer in on her relationship chronology.

I'm still not sure who the bio father was as opposed to the step father. One was very wealthy and the other involved in horse racing?

Who was the woman in the fur hat who scared Cookie? With that hat she would have scared me too.

I guess Bethenny's affiliation with PETA is pretty variable; she has the poster up but made at least one reference to enjoying steak, which she also cooked for others and ate on the "other show". I think there was also a reference to "feathers" but that went right by me.

I just think Alex's anger and refusal to forgive is completely disproportionate to the alleged crimes against humanity that Jill committed against her and her family. Frankly, out of all the housewives Jill has been the nicest to her.

I remember when Jill helped one or both of Alex's sons either get into a school or get an interview for a school. Something that was very nice and that she certainly didn't have to do.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 3:38 PM

I liked Bethenny better before I knew that she was one of those people who make you take off your shoes when you come into their apt/house.

I was actually GLAD to see that scene. High five Beth, and I co-sign that move. New York City is FILTHY. I make my family remove their shoes at the door, and like Bethanny, only suspend that rule if I'm having a party, but then I have to mop afterwards. It might seem like she's being extra, but she likes to walk around her home barefoot (as do I) and you don't want glass bits and all the crap that comes in on your shoes lingering. Also, when you have wood floors, you shouldn't be mopping them all the time, and if you want clean floors, you avoid the shoes.

My family used to balk until I told them to just look down as they walked for a few blocks. Crap, spit, gum, garbage remains, etc. just in a single block. And yes, even where B. lives in Tribeca. There's trash all over NY. They get it now.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 4:26 PM

I remember when Jill helped one or both of Alex's sons either get into a school or get an interview for a school. Something that was very nice and that she certainly didn't have to do.

I did forget about this...but Jill's negatives toward Alex and Simon (and even the kids) outweigh the positives. Actually, this season's Jill was much more negative than positive. If the producers told her to bring on some drama, she sure did follow through.

Yet she spent an entire summer as Jill's houseguest.

Maybe it was a lesson learned. Sometimes we do things and say, "Never wanna do that again!"

tracyflick

tracyflick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 5:26 PM

It was okay. Heavily scripted, like how Jason omigodgotstuckinflorida! and B. Had to host the "house warming" party all by herself. Could that crew of people have looked more uncomfortable?

Also scripted was Jason demand that she hire a gay man. I really don't think he cared either way. If his wife really didn't know not to undress in front of a twentysomething horny straight guy, their marriage would have bigger problems.

Bethenny needs more people in the cast to diffuse her constant, rapid one liners. Once in awhile, ok. But every other sentence out of her mouth was something sarcastic or snippy or just crude. I felt that knot in my stomach I feel when I'm out with friends who are stand up comics. They can't turn it off. I felt like she was performing for the cameras instead of being herself. If that is how she is 24/7, then I pity Jason. That's gonna get real old, real fast. My opinion is that she plays up the whole estranged from her father bit for the cameras to make her seem more complex and three dimensional. I was really turned off when she told Jill on last night's Reunion show that Jason didn't like Jill either. I found that spiteful and petty and real glimpse of what Bethenny might actually be like.

I will say that Jason does seem to accept Bethenny as is, and it's kind of sweet. He may not be as showy and loud as Simon, but he does seem to genuinely care for B and seems like a sweet guy. She just needs to tone down the prickliness. It's uncomfortable to watch so it's got to be tough to deal with on a daily basis.

From what was told to me about liposuction is that the body basically readjusts where future fat deposits go. It's not uncommon for women who have tummy/butt/thigh develop fattier arms or face. The fat now settles or gets deposited somewhere else.

and her reply to Alex on RHWONY that "he like it so much he put a ring on it" is so tired and sounds kind of crude to me.

Bethenny, I think, for all her bravado is that insecure woman who only felt whole when she had a boyfriend and who dropped her friends when she got a man. Like you, I found the whole waving of the huge diamond and proclaiming "he liked it so much he put a ring on it" garrish and obnoxious. It came off more like she was proving to people that she was loveable than a genuinely excited announcement. She reminde dme of women I worked with or new casually who would email me out of the blue, after months of no contact, to tell me they were engaged. Not to check in or catch up, but to get an omigod you're sooooo lucky! response. My sense of Bethenny is that she's extremely competitive with other women and rubs their nose in her successes. Successes she only has now because of Bravo, not because of her talent.

Edited by tracyflick, Jun 11, 2010 @ 5:44 PM.

umme

umme

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 5:50 PM

Do.not.want.

I guess you don't have any Asian friends then.

stewedsquash

stewedsquash

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 5:52 PM

I have found that the sarcasm of Bethan Betthenny oooohhh however the heck it is spelled, I have found the sarcasm from B to be just recycled schtick that has been around for years. And I say this as someone who likes watching her. I had a drinking game (iced tea with splenda) of how many B-isms I had already heard in life that she wanted people to think she had just made up.

Velvet313

Velvet313

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:27 PM

The absolute worst part of this show is that I've been told not once, not twice, but probably half a dozen times that I remind someone of Bethenny with my quick retorts. People? This. Makes. Me. Cry. Seriously!!! I can't think of someone who I would like to be compared to less. The first season of NY I was fine with her. Then you realize she hams it up for Seasons 2 and 3, then she gets her own show? Jesus. I don't even know what to say! She's the original mean girl. Jill is just Jill. She hasn't changed over the course of the show, at least not in my opinion. But Bethenny got meaner and meaner, and then there are half-assed apologies to people, but still, how could Alex or Ramona trust her after the things she has said about them?

But every other sentence out of her mouth was something sarcastic or snippy or just crude. I felt that knot in my stomach I feel when I'm out with friends who are stand up comics. They can't turn it off. I felt like she was performing for the cameras instead of being herself.

Totally. I think she is just a parody of herself - she's acting. She's taking the whole sarcastic biting thing to the nth degree and then there's the chatter. Oh holy hell, the chatter. It never stops. I want to shake my tv and say, "JUST SHUT UP FOR ONE FREAKING SECOND!"

Agree with all prior comments that her relationship is doomed. I think she's way too wrapped up in herself to ever be able to fully give to someone else. It seems like Jason is very into her, but she's just kind of happy he's around, but really puts herself first. Anyone notice she has the PETA anti-fur thing on her wall and one of her guests arrived in full fur? I would have thought they would at least make a comment that it is a fake or something.

Now, where can I get a total personality lobotomy so that I never hear again that I remind someone of her?

Selma04

Selma04

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:30 PM

It was a nothing-burger. Just, meh. Nothing odd, special or outstanding about this show. Rather boring.

I'm with you. I don't dislike Bethanny or love her. But this show just seemed like it cobbled together every reality show cliche out there. Hiring an assistant, going to therapy, planning a wedding, picking out a dress -- it's all been done to death. I can't imagine that I'll even remember to tune after a week or two of this. Bethany's different from most famewhores in that she's self-deprecating. But still this could be two or three episodes ala Trista's wedding rather than an entire season.

Well, at least her dog didn't crap on the floor -- that's refreshing.

Edited by Selma04, Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:36 PM.

Kittenrescue

Kittenrescue

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:37 PM

It was okay. Heavily scripted, like how Jason omigodgotstuckinflorida! and B. Had to host the "house warming" party all by herself. Could that crew of people have looked more uncomfortable?

All those people sitting round attempting small talk. Awkward. However, props to Simon & Alex for bringing gifts. That's something I'd do as well.

Like you, I found the whole waving of the huge diamond and proclaiming "he liked it so much he put a ring on it" garrish and obnoxious. It came off more like she was proving to people that she was loveable than a genuinely excited announcement.

She's been flashing the ring about, yet was upset when Jill made a fuss of it. I guess it's okay for her to be obnoxious about it, but not for Jill to be excited for her. *confused*

Jill is just Jill. She hasn't changed over the course of the show, at least not in my opinion.

I don't think fame has gone to Jill's head any worse than any of the others. The least affected seems to be Kelly - who I didn't particularly care for last season, but whose dippiness has actually made me like her more than last year.

Totally. I think she is just a parody of herself - she's acting. She's taking the whole sarcastic biting thing to the nth degree and then there's the chatter. Oh holy hell, the chatter. It never stops. I want to shake my tv and say, "JUST SHUT UP FOR ONE FREAKING SECOND!"

Bethenny is very aware of the cameras - as is Alex.

Edited by Kittenrescue, Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:41 PM.

tracyflick

tracyflick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:41 PM

Totally. I think she is just a parody of herself - she's acting.

The weird thing is..I love Kathy Griffin. KG has a similar personality. But I can't stand Bethanny. I don't like people who says crude things to shock people or keep them on edge. It's really passive aggressive. It's her way of controlling the room and maintaining the focus. I understand that she had a rough childhood, but there are so many people out there who have endured far worse. She's not the first or only woman whose had an atypical upbringing. Get over it already. Stop milking it to excuse the fact that you're 40 and still not fully matured, self-involved and have a bottomless need for attention. I was totally disgusted when she did that feature for People magazine 10 days after her daughter was born a month premature. I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that you'd bring a bunch of strangers in to your home to set up lights when your baby daughter is probably still adjusting and getting healthy. Yeesh. Her need for attention seems pathological on some level.

All those people sitting round attempting small talk. Awkward. However, props to Simon & Alex for bringing gifts. That's something I'd do as well.

That didn't even occur to me. But now that you say it I think that lends support to the theory that was a staged party, with Jason's absence a scripted plot point. Oh Noes! What will the professional Chef and social butterfly do with 8 strangers in her apartment! Chaos!

Edited by tracyflick, Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:44 PM.

Kveta

Kveta

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 7:29 PM

I was really turned off when she told Jill on last night's Reunion show that Jason didn't like Jill either.

I thought that was more than a bit much too, Bethenny does talk fast.....she rattled off something about Jill and a Ferrari....it went right by me. And it was clear that Jill was upset at that point, so why not be the bigger person and let it go, and/or not implicate Jason who after all was not there to admit or deny that.

Anyone notice she has the PETA anti-fur thing on her wall and one of her guests arrived in full fur? I would have thought they would at least make a comment that it is a fake or something

Do you mean the gal wearing the fur hat who scared Cookie? I had asked about her upthread....or was there another guest wearing fur as well?

neversk

neversk

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 7:40 PM

I don't think Bethenny is bulimic, at one point in her life she might have had a short experience with it, but I doubt it was long term enough to do that to her face

I recall Bethenny mentioning that her mother battled bulimia. She certainly has a specific jaw line, she is aware of it and makes fun of herself. Bulimia changes tooth enamel, it does not change bone structure.

Seeing Bethenny get up from the couch at the reunion (12 days after giving birth) I would guess she did not have a tummy tuck. Had she done so she would not be able to get up from the couch so quickly. I must say, she had to have been in terrific shape to be able to get up from that couch so well after a c-section.

I enjoyed the show. I will continue to watch. Fifty -two percent of marriages end in divorce, maybe she is one of the forty eight percent. Maybe not.

hoodooznoodooz

hoodooznoodooz

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 8:24 PM

RuthlessBunny: I think it's nice to see Bethenny among people that she chooses to rub elbows with. I'm starting to see that the RHONY cast brings out the worst in her.

But we also saw B being rather aggressive (& stubborn) with Jason re the guests staying at their condo and the birth and his office, no?

tracyflick: Bethenny needs more people in the cast to diffuse her constant, rapid one liners. Once in awhile, ok. But every other sentence out of her mouth was something sarcastic or snippy or just crude. I felt that knot in my stomach I feel when I'm out with friends who are stand up comics. They can't turn it off. I felt like she was performing for the cameras instead of being herself.

I came to post the exact same thing. I do think B can be funny. And I do appreciate the self-deprecating humor. But must she always be ON? It's too much. I think a talk show host told Robin Williams once that he needed to just calm down.

What did B say to Jason about his former apartment? That even Precious wouldn't live there? Was that a reference to the GS movie character or something else?

Do people really wear such gaudy wedding bands? I know engagement rings can be flashy, but the "band" that B chose was so obnoxious. Just my opinion....

I also agree with the poster who criticized the eyebrow plucking. REALLY unattractive. She already has such a harsh-looking face. The eyebrows need to be much softer & more natural-looking.

That said, I think she looks very pretty in her confessionals/interviews. Her eye makeup is gorgeous.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bethenny and the assistant from "Flipping Out" should be cast as sisters in something.

Oh, good catch to the above poster who noticed Jason's prominent yellowed front tooth. Now it's all I see. He does seem like a really nice guy. As they said on Seinfeld about David Puddy vacationing with Elaine: "He's coming back in a body bag."

I do like B. I was on her side re feuds with Jill and Kelly. Although at this point, I think B should forgive Jill. But, yeah, she really is quite the famewhore.

Did anyone recognize the very beautiful light-skinned black woman with the short haircut who was also one of the celebrity models at the Red Dress runway show?

Velvet313

Velvet313

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 8:36 PM

Do you mean the gal wearing the fur hat who scared Cookie? I had asked about her upthread....or was there another guest wearing fur as well?

Nope, not the test-assistant. There was a guest at the party. It may have even been her blonde haired friend. It was either a full fur, or fur trimmed. It could have easily been fake though it didn't look it. Regardless, I would have thought that there would have been some comment on camera made like, "hey! This is fake!" or something.