Bethenny Ever After: Still Waiting for the Happily

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7545 replies to this topic

Second

Second

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 6:09 PM

I don't think it was very wise for bethanny to stay overnight at another man's house (long standing friend or not; whether he's in town or not) while this divorce issue is going on.
I'm not suggesting there is any hanky-panky going on, but with her wealth, if she really wanted alone girl time with her young daughter, she certainly has more enough money to rent out a whole house, a whole floor of a hotel, or stay with relatives.
I would hate for anyone - like the sensational supermarket rag magazines to insinuate anything that could be used against her in the divorce hearings.
Plus if people don;t like her or think highly of her, her tv show ratings might suffer.

Funny how we find out more about who were friends are from the media than from her TV reality show. I wonder if she met this man through "Big poppa".

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

won't be that surprised if she did cheat. She does seem to bounce from relationship to relationship. I actually think its one of the few things she and Jason have in common (remember he was dating someone else when they met).

They may have both dated a lot, but Bethenny's the only one who I've heard has a history of cheating--and whom we saw act inappropriately with other men over and over again. (Jason may have been casually dating A. Model. when he met B., but no one's ever said he dumped an existing gf to be with her instead. And, of course, that's still so different from cheating in a marriage.)

Jason was always a model of rectitude in every scene even the often unflattering edits never made him seem like anything but a devoted husband. He didn't even check any woman out like Mario Singer! And he was never inappropriate with any women employees (unlike B. who could easily have been sued for harrassment and creating a hostile work environment because of her aggressive inappropriateness).

I'll bet we'll learn she "just started dating Warren who was such a good friend to me during that difficult divorce" soon after the papers are finalized.

Edited by Kali12, Jan 19, 2013 @ 10:29 PM.

His sassy kitte

His sassy kitte

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 10:38 PM

Bethenny is a lying liar who lies. Did I mention she's a liar? I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth anymore. Everything seems to be make believe to help her brand. As a poster earlier said, she's been buddy-buddy with this billionaire...BILLIONAIRE for twenty years, but was almost destitute - her words. What a crock. Was he one of the many men (by her own admittance) that she moved between that kept her in money, clothes, apartments, etc?

Sadly she doesn't even see how she's a reincarnation of her mom. Wait, scratch that - it seems Bethenny has leaped over and forged ahead of her mom concerning bad decisions/behavior. What's sad is that she's had lots of therapy to help her understand her relationship with her mom, yet she's repeating all the things she didn't like in her mom. The big difference is that Bethenny is wealthy in her own right. At this point it seems that Bethenny's mom wasn't far off the mark regarding her own daughter's manipulative skills; really, such a shame.

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 11:15 PM

They may have both dated a lot, but Bethenny's the only one who I've heard has a history of cheating--and whom we saw act inappropriately with other men over and over again. (Jason may have been casually dating A. Model. when he met B., but no one's ever said he dumped an existing gf to be with her instead. And, of course, that's still so different from cheating in a marriage.)

Jason was always a model of rectitude in every scene even the often unflattering edits never made him seem like anything but a devoted husband. He didn't even check any woman out like Mario Singer! And he was never inappropriate with any women employees (unlike B. who could easily have been sued for harrassment and creating a hostile work environment because of her aggressive inappropriateness).

I'll bet we'll learn she "just started dating Warren who was such a good friend to me during that difficult divorce" soon after the papers are finalized.

I was honestly unaware that Beth has a history of cheating. I got the impression she had spent a lot of time bouncing from one relationship to another, but I was unaware that a lot of cheating (other than emotional affairs maybe) went on. I still say that I wouldn't be that surprised to find either one of them in a new relationship with a fuzzy start date. Who did she cheat on?

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 1:41 AM

Who did she cheat on?

My understanding is that she cheated on her first husband (with his friend, whom she continued a relationship with after getting out of the marriage--leaving bitterness with his relatives who she had previously been close to).

I was actually shocked the way she acted on BEA, how inappropriate she was even as a newlywed. I didn't remember her doing any of that on RHoNY, she was fun, appropriate, cool. Jason1 didn't seem that into their relationship and she never even seemed flirty/sexy with him, but that might have been his (justifiable) concern about having their relationship on camera. Whatever the reason, she always seemed respectful of him and appropriate with others. Not the case AT ALL, imo, the way she cuckholded Jason2 all the time.

All I can think is that she owes a great deal of her popularity on RHoNY to the Bravo editors.

Letsbereal

Letsbereal

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 1:53 AM

Again, here is her E true Hollywood story and the way she transitions from one man to the next seems to suggest cheating. Especially in the case of her marriage to Peyer Sussman. It seems she quickly began a relationship with a close friend of Sussman and his family. Then she dated Jason Coldone who has also been previously married. No one knows for sur.

But by age 25 Bethenny Frankel was done with acting and had begun working as an event planner to pay the bills. In 1996 she married Peter Sussman but fell into a depression.

"I was married to this man I really loved but I could not see myself being married to him forever. I was under the impression that one married their best friend."

The marriage ended and she lost the family she adored in her in-laws but she quickly began another relationship with a man named Larry. Larry was close to her former husband's family and a rift was created. That relationship lasted a year before she met her next fiancé, a Chicago trader named Jimmy Oppenheimer.

"We got engaged. I left my life in LA, sold all my furniture and moved to Chicago. I had no friends and no social life. I would cook and think of health foods all day."

Eventually Jimmy figured out a way to be a trader in New York for less money. It was a big move for him but he did it to prove how much he loved her. Back in New York Bethenny enrolled in the Natural Gourmet Institute. Eventually the engagement with Jimmy ended only for Larry to show up at her front door.

Bethenny Frankel became engaged again to Larry only for it to dissolve.

However, Bethenny had found her passion in baking and her first venture was called Bethenny Bakes. It offered vegan dairy free cookies but it didn't succeed.

"I was living in a studio apartment and was totally broke. I drove to every single deli in Manhattan trying to sell my cookies."

But fate changed at a cooking trade show.

"I was selling cookies at a trade show and my partner took a video of me. The video was sent to Donald Trump for The Apprentice. I flew to LA for the casting but didn't make it. However, the producers had other ideas, such as the Martha Stewart Apprentice show. I was broke and needed this break," she recalls.

Frankel made it to the final round and was the runner up.

"It was crushing.

Kevin Mazer, her then boyfriend, helped get Bethenny a publicist while she networked to become a celebrity chef. Like her last relationships, Bethenny and Kevin soon ended. The next guy was Jason Colodne whom she infamously got dumped by on national television.

Back in New York, a chance encounter with Jill Zarin led to her role on The Real Housewives of New York. It was originally called Manhattan Moms and they needed one more cast member. Bethenny Frankel was cast as the underdog.

"I took a risk and agreed to go on the show. I wanted to make a living out of this. It was past the point of trying to be famous."

Bethenny Frankel at the time had $8000 to her name and lived in a one-bedroom studio on the Upper East Side. She wanted to launch herself as a businesswoman instead of getting facials and buying diamonds with the other housewives. Eventually this lead to the development of the Skinnygirl Margarita and her empire.

Along the way she met Jason Hoppy in a club.

"I was immediately attracted to her," her husband recalls.

It was an instant connection and a few months later Bethenny Frankel released her book Naturally Thin. It was an immediate success and extended the Bethenny brand. Nine months after meeting Jason Hoppy, Bethenny Frankel was pregnant, then she got engaged, and then she launched Skinnygirl Margarita. All the events were recorded on Bethenny Getting Married and Bethenny Ever After.

The biopic closed with the birth of Bethanny Frankel and Jason Hoppy's daughter Brynn Hoppy. The final scenes left us with a glimpse of the reality star enjoying the fruits of her success. Although she does have a lawsuit from her former manager to deal with in the near future.

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 1:59 AM

Again, here is her E true Hollywood story and the way she transitions from one man to the next seems to suggest cheating. Especially in the case of her marriage to Peyer Sussman. It seems she quickly began a relationship with a close friend of Sussman and his family. Then she dated Jason Coldone who has also been previously married. No one knows for sur.

Hmm. I don't know. She could have been cheating, she could have just been quickly jumping from one relationship to the next, she could have a history of ending relationships when she starts to have feelings for some one else. I'm still not sure it's more damning than Jason's history and him being on a date when he first approached Bethany.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

A couple of weeks ago CDAN ran a blind, and the popular guess was Bethenny. As of yesterday, the blind was revealed (which is very fast; usually the blinds sit for a year or much longer before being revealed) and sure enough the answer was Bethenny Frankel and Warren Lichtenstein. I wish the "little situation that he bailed her out of that has not come to light yet" would also have been revealed, but we'll have to wait for the divorce before we learn that tidbit, I guess. Usually those blinds are worded to drop subtle clues, and I can't help but remember that Bethenny and Mike "The Situation" (Jersey Shore) were once spotted, drunk and making out, at a Hollywood party.

With all the conflicting reports on Bethenny's friendship with WL, it's hard to know the truth of their relationship. But I will agree that her taking Bryn over to spend a weekend in his apartment -- whether or not he was away or in residence at the time -- just looks odd. If she truly wanted to get out of her place for any reason, then she should have booked a hotel, in my opinion.

I personally believe that Bethenny and Jason have been living separate lives for quite a while, so the idea that they might still be living in the same condo isn't an outrageous or outlandish concept to me. My opinion of their relationship -- as I watched the last season of BEA and then started to read the accounts of their stay in LA to do the six-week test of the talk show -- is that over the last year or even longer, B and J have worked out some kind of understanding of how they would handle being apart emotionally while staying together physically and logistically. I'm guessing that Bethenny had her reasons.

But I think B's track record with relationships shows that once she wants to cut the cord, then she barrels ahead with it. So, if there's any truth to the WL romance -- or a romance with any guy at all -- then I can see where B might be annoyed with J's reluctance to move out of their place now, just because she's ready for him to leave. She is so tired of him, and, in my opinion, has been so tired of him for so long, that she wants him gone baby gone. Unfortunately, if the lawyers have told Jason not to abandon the marital home, I think he is stubborn enough to listen to them.

It's ironic that the easygoing, reliable and trustworthy traits that seemed to make Jason attractive to Bethenny at the beginning are probably now making her incensed with him.

One thing's for sure I believe, and that's the truth will out, sooner or later. We might even find out the truth behind the big SkinnyGirl/Jim Beam deal. If it wasn't a multi million deal for Bethenny personally, and if whatever it actually was is contingent on Bethenny continuing to promote over 8 years (as I've read) then I can see her fighting Jason for every penny of it.

msblossom

msblossom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:10 AM

I don't think Bethenny is a seriel cheater. I don't even think she cheated on Jason. I do think she is the type to emotionally attach to someone other than who she's married/engaged to. And when she's done with said marriage/engagement, she's done. And she'll quickly move on physically with someone she's already attached herself emotionally to. I think that explains her history with most men.

I don't blame Jason for digging in his heels and staying in the apartment. It gives him access to his daughter and it's good legal strategy. I find it interesting that he keeps the ring on. Whether it's to garner public sympathy or because he is hanging on for religious reasons or to symbolize to Bethenny that he doesn't want to split up his family I think also works in his favor.

Some find Jason pathetic. I don't. I like Jason and I find him to be the better person in all this as well as the better parent.

Edited by msblossom, Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:16 AM.

Suck it Trebek

Suck it Trebek

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

Bethenny's 3,400 sq ft TriBeCa apt is featured in the new Feb/Mar 2013 issue of Traditional Home.

That's hilarious! "Traditional." / Laughsnort.

msblossom

msblossom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:25 PM

That's hilarious! "Traditional." / Laughsnort.

Yes, and the Skinny Girl bar in the middle of the living area is a major eyesore. I hope that SG logo garbage was peel and stick. The minute those cameras left, I would rip those logos right off. I don't care if SG made you a billionaire, I wouldn't pay homage to that tacky label in my home. Also the location of the bar would have been better over to the side of the living space imo; it appeared to be smack dab in the middle.

SparkleGirl

SparkleGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

I can't fault Jason for not leaving their home. That is standard advice to anyone who is going through a divorce.

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

I can't fault Jason for not leaving their home. That is standard advice to anyone who is going through a divorce.

Yeah I don't think either of them is behaving that badly. They're pretty much acting like people going through a divorce. The worst stuff, the rumors hitting the tabloids, we can't say for sure are coming from either one of them or just tabloids making up stories. So far from what we've seem them do personally they're both acting like people going through a divorce, following the advice of their lawyers, and making an effort not to shit talk about eachother in public. It's early in the process still, but I've seen nastier divorces than this in my own little non-celebrity world.

WaltersHair

WaltersHair

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

There's a marathon on Bravo today and it's damn depressing.

Bethenny doesn't seem to understand that she's as busy as she wants to be. She chews people up and spits them out at a frightening rate. And that was just what she wanted us to see.

However, I would totally watch a show titled "Bethenny getting divorce?" Makes a complete circle with respect to her show titles.

myname2use4now

myname2use4now

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 7:55 PM

There's a marathon on Bravo today and it's damn depressing.

No kidding! I saw a snippet of the skiing vacation and it was awful to watch. They literally had her saying 'everything was going well until my husband got here'. This is the episode where the two ski bums thought that Matt Hesse and Bethenny were married. It's so uncomfortable to see knowing where things ended up.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 12:41 AM

I kept this thread open because I thought there were new episodes in the making, but I see I was mistaken. Since we're not a gossip site, I'm closing the thread because the past several pages have been nothing but gossip. Don't take the gossip to the talk show thread, either, or that will be closed.

My apologies to the two most recent posters who were actually discussing the show.