Bethenny Ever After: Still Waiting for the Happily

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7545 replies to this topic

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Bethenny is always correcting him and saying "we, we did it", "our success", etc.

I must have missed that. I haven't seen her do any of that or show she even understands what he's saying to her. And she seemed to flip out (again) when he says, "I want to work WITH you, not FOR you."

Everyone works FOR her (except all the people who are actually running the business)--even the household help that she complains to about Jason (who should be regarded as their OTHER employer). Why should her husband be any different? She didn't dispute it when Jason said, "You think its all about you, and I think it's all about you". She, weakly, said she didn't want it "all about her" but she's the only one who can change that, and she doesn't.

I didn't understand the wisdom of taking the baby in that open, tiny rowboat through the OBVIOUSLY rough surf to get through the WAVES in it to the bigger (but not big) boat off-shore. I guess the guiding wisdom was, "Anything for the cameras!"

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

Thank you for clarifying the boat ride for everybody. I thought Bethenny must be better than I thought to be able to say something so horrible it made the intern cry and quit when she wasn't even on the damn boat!!

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

I don't know how it became a Bethenny said something horrible to her and made her cry thing, since Bethenny was no where around, but that's my take on it.

I think it's the idea that Maggie -wasn't- emotionally well from an earlier, on shore, encounter with Bethenny (whether before or after the "You have to get tough and be a sherpa like they are if you'll last with me" comment is unclear). Then (my guess) she is mocked into going on the boat even though she doesn't want to or is afraid or needs a break from B. or....?

She seems already upset when talking with Jason on the boat and he doesn't seem surprised when B. says on shore(very coldly), "Well, she's giving notice. She's quitting."* The way Maggie pushed B. away on the beach was like she'd just had ENOUGH of this toxic woman and couldn't even fake it any more.

And B. didn't seem concerned about her well-being, just mockingly saying, "Well she's quitting" to the cameras as she walked away.

I still don't understand why the whole group had to go on the "vacation" to Cabo. I can't remember a single moment when it looked like anyone was having fun and the tension people feel being around Bethenny is so palpable in every scene (even her husband is on tenterhooks). I wouldn't be surprised if B. just didn't want them enjoying themselves back in NYC while she was gone.

*all quotes, paraphrased.

Wing

Wing

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Desilu, your comment made me LMAO

I thought I might have missed it too, man she must be that good.

Kali, it didn't happpen moments before the boat ride, it happened the night before, for that matter we do not know what night before it was, it only shows that it was at night and all the girls were sitting on the couch when Jason informs everybody that they have 30 days to move out of the apartment.

Maggie could have stayed in NYC if she wanted to but who would want to miss a free trip to Cabo? I know I wouldn't.

As far as mocking Maggie, I saw the opposite, she was really trying to find out what was wrong with her, should she ignored her? Maggie said she didn't want to talk about it and she left, Bethenny said that she was quitting when she was already gone. Bethenny didn't say she was firing her, she alluded that this might be too much for her or maybe she is way too emotional, I do not know one boss who likes to deal with over emotional workers.

I guess in Bethenny's case it is always damned if you do and damned if you don't.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Does Faith Brightstone get her boobs rotated in this too? If so, is it because the poor thing is just trying to deal bravely and lupine-like with the dangers of La La Land?

I hope Ms. Stewart calmly picks up a phone and places the order to just fucking end Bethenny. "Even Sybil is not what she appears." How unbelievably pathetic. It wasn't enough that she was on Stewart's Apprentice show and came in second, having gotten the boost from a personal connection to one of the judges?

No one holds a grudge like this grimy, fake bitch. No one. I do love, though, how she buffs up her educational cred by shilling that 'natural foods' degree (was it 30 days, or 3 months?) since "quit NYU despite being financed by the wolves" shows the kind of ingratitude in the face of opportunity that even Faith Brightstone cannot polish.

Did Bethenny write that particular description of the book? Don't the publishers usually put those blurbs together? In any case, if she's writing fiction based off her experiences--one of which happens to be a competition on a cooking/catering/hosting reality show--I'm not even sure that Martha Stewart can do anything about it. Did Anna Wintour do something about The Devil Wears Prada? When it's all said and done, it's fiction based on one writer's experiences (or what she told a ghostwriter, if you want to take it there), with details changed to be more dramatic, for sure, but, again, Martha Stewart can't (and won't) do jack shit about that.

Edited by fashionista79, May 2, 2012 @ 4:01 PM.

inatizzy

inatizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

The way Maggie pushed B. away on the beach was like she'd just had ENOUGH of this toxic woman and couldn't even fake it any more.

I don't know, that still seems like a lot of projecting to me, based on the idea Maggie thinks that Bethenny is toxic (even though she's never indicated this) because you as the viewer (you in the general sense, not picking on you specifically) think that Bethenny is toxic.

What Maggie actually said on the beach was that everyone was giving her attention and she didn't like it, and indicated that she didn't want to be on camera because she was having an emotional moment.

Bethenny thinking she's quitting, to me, was an indication that she knew that Maggie isn't 'tough' enough to handle the kind of situation that is the Bethenny reality tv work environment, where even your emotional breakdowns are caught on camera for the world to see (and harshly judge). I think Bethenny knew Maggie wasn't cut out for this and in that moment, she saw that Maggie realized she wasn't cut out for this, too. Which is why Bethenny, and everyone else including Jason, assumed Maggie was going to quit.

Edited by inatizzy, May 2, 2012 @ 2:48 PM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

I just looked up Bethenny's novel. Why the heck is she topless on the cover? LOL! It looks like it's semi-aubiographical and in the vein of Lauren Conrad's novels.

inatizzy

inatizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Why the heck is she topless on the cover? LOL!

Because she's skinny dipping?

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Because she's skinny dipping?

I wasn't asking why someone was topless in general on a novel titled 'Skinnydipping' (seriously?), I was asking why Bethenny was. It seems tacky, desperate, and lame. It would have seemed less attention-seeking and desperate if she hired a model, like most people do for novel covers.

Edited by PharmGal10, May 2, 2012 @ 3:15 PM.

inatizzy

inatizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

I wasn't asking why someone was topless in general on a novel titled 'Skinnydipping' (seriously?), I was asking why Bethenny was. It seems tacky, desperate, and lame. It would have seemed less attention-seeking and desperate if she hired a model, like most people do for novel covers.

Oh, well I guess because it's really a "novel" about her, so her photo without her face kind of fits the book I think.

Edited by inatizzy, May 2, 2012 @ 3:48 PM.

VioletMarx

VioletMarx

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Oh, well I guess because it's really a "novel" about her, so her photo without her face kind of fits the book I think.

And the back jacket photo with her missing wedding ring fits everything else.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

I was confused by all of the boat trip business, so if anyone else was more observant than I, I'd love to hear the story.

They are going on the hotel boat for a ride, that boat is anchored off shore waiting for the group. In order to get to that boat, they have to take smaller boats that can be launched from shore, so Bethenny, Jason, Bryn (in a life vest), Julie and I think Veronica but I'm not sure, are in one boat. There isn't enough room for everyone, so Jackie and Maggie are following in a second, smaller boat. Everyone is headed to board the hotel boat that is anchored off shore. The seas are choppy and they are worried about having Bryn with them, especially as they try to get the small transport boats up to the large boat so that they can board. Jason gets off the transport boat first so that Bethenny can pass of Bryn to him, but while Bethenny was getting up to hand off Bryn, a wave hit them and it looks like maybe the boats smacked together. That's when they decided to take Bryn back to the shore and come back without her for an adults only trip. So Bethenny and Julie head back to the shore with Bryn, leave her with Veronica I guess since Veronica is not on the boat, and come back out to get on the anchored boat.

In the meantime, Jackie and Maggie are transported to the boat, they get on and Maggie seems to be fine, she's even smiling as she gets on the boat. Jason, Maggie and Jackie have to sit on the anchored boat and wait for Bethenny and Julie to return, Jason starts to get seasick and Maggie starts to break down. She tells Jason that she's starting to get seasick and that her eyes are burning (which I can relate to as I wear contacts and always have eye problems) and then next thing you know she is crying and Jason tells her that she can go back to shore if she wants to. She goes back to shore and Bethenny and Julie are getting in the boat to go back out, they see she's upset and Maggie won't tell them why and runs from the camera.

inatizzy, thank you so much for replying to my request for more info on the boat trip! I really appreciate the time you took to explain events. No wonder I was confused! Lots going on there.

Edited by sleekandchic, May 2, 2012 @ 6:53 PM.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

FAITH BRIGHTSTONE?!? So it's a children's book?

Vicky is Icky

Vicky is Icky

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Brightstone? Ah, her redesigned wedding ring is whose last name she took. Perfect!

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

What the hell was Bethenny doing claiming she was getting a bargain by giving the beach vendor several hundred dollars for jewelry etc? Because he signed the Bravo release to show his face? I heard him say U.S. dollars when they were bargaining but was it pesos? Because B got ripped off.

Her breast implants are so obvious when she's in a bikini. Yikes.

Edited by JGrabbyHands, May 4, 2012 @ 4:52 AM.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:14 AM

I assume she used that photo because it would be instantly recognizable to fans of her from reality television. Anyone who watched her on RHNY would recognize that photo from her PETA shoot. Anyone who lived in the New York area would recognize the photo from whatever PETA marketing was done at the time. They go to a bookstore or library, recognize Bethenny and pick up the book to peruse or purchase. It's actually a pretty savvy branding move, IMO.

Edited by PaganChick, May 4, 2012 @ 6:36 AM.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

I was just about to ask if that was the picture from the PETA shoot, PaganChick. Thanks for bringing (and clearing) that up.

Edited by fashionista79, May 4, 2012 @ 8:37 AM.

Plumbago Blue

Plumbago Blue

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Instead she's doing too many things at once and none of it well. It confuses her audience and cheapens her brand.

No damn kidding. I don't pay attention to her "brand" at all and thus was shocked, whilst pawing thru the Walmart Clearance bins for Xmas wrapping stuff, to find a whole bin of SG Bath Powder and Lotion sets. For $3.00. Seriously? I think one was margarita "flavored" and the other some kind pomegranate thing. I had no idea these products even exisited, let alone expect to see them at Walmart. So much for the Manhatten chic.
I've stopped watching BEA as it's become so joyless and confrontational and staged.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

They go to a bookstore or library, recognize Bethenny and pick up the book to peruse or purchase. It's actually a pretty savvy branding move, IMO.

Most people I know wouldn't pick it up because she's on the cover, but then again, I and my friends are in our early twenties, and I don't think we're part of her target audience. I think she should have done what Lauren Conrad did with her covers.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

Most people I know wouldn't pick it up because she's on the cover

I'm sure that there are plenty of people who won't be interested simply because it's Bethenny. But, she does have a very large fan base of people who will have the exact opposite reaction. And with them automatically connecting that image to the Bethenny they know from reality television, it makes sense to me that she would use that as a way to sell more books.

But, that is just my assumption for why she chose that particular photo for her book cover. She could have just been really cheap and decided she didn't want to hire a model and photographer for the cover when she already had a recognizable photo for it.

His sassy kitte

His sassy kitte

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

I remember a post commenting on this topic, [Bethenny and the Situation making out...UGH] and it seems more blogs are picking up on the story. I'm not sure of the timeline, if this even happened. But if it did, that would definitely be a reason for the tension between the Hoppys. Again, if the story is true, it shows a lot about Bethenny. Having millions, that is what she reverts to...the Situation. UGH...again and again and again. I have a gut feeling Bethenny doesn't count that as "infidelity".

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

It's published by Touchstone, an imprint of Simon and Schuster. I'm sure Bethenny had nothing to do with the cover choices--and that some editorial assistant had the idea of modeling the cover design after that PETA picture--then the editors probably chose the title accordingly. Given the content, it could be called anything).

I realize Bethenny's brand is now, "Anything for a buck" (perhaps the title of the next in the Faith Brightstone series), but even she may find this tacky ghost-written novel embarrassing. Unlike the diet book and shapewear and cocktail and fiber bar, we didn't even hear her agonizing about it through Bravo cross-promotion.

At least I learned from the author's bio something I didn't know from watching BEA: "Bethenny's number one priority is to create healthy food choices while never compromising great taste." Funny that, especially as I can't remember her ever cooking anything--unless you count the raw Thanksgiving turkey that she couldn't even tell hadn't roasted yet.

Jason is having a mid-life crisis, but he has his fans now, too. She's missing a bet if she doesn't find some way to exploit that as well in the tacky Frankel empire.

jengtown

jengtown

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

His sassy kitte, since it was just "making out" I always took that blind to be more that they were just joking around at some event. I'm not sure what event Bethenny and the Situation would be at together though.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

It's why Bethenny needs these young, inexperienced girls around her...they're the only ones who will put up with her BS. But then, even they become repelled by her attitude and barbs. Even the young develop some coping skills and hopefully build enough self-esteem to know that life is too short to spend it kissing the psychotic Bethenny's butt all day long. What once seem glamorous and exciting, is now just ugly and demeaning.

Would be interesting to see the tables turn and some former assistant anonymously release their own The Devil Wears Prada type tell all book about B but using some cutsie name to skirt around liability (Faith Brightstone? Sybil? really?) probably entitled Skinnydipping with an Emaciated Shark. I would love to get the inside scoop. I have no doubt that B is completely lawyered up and got all these young interns and assistants to sign confidentiality agreements. You know what also wouldn't surprise me? If Jason had to sign one too - embedded in the pre-nup.

The Situation and Bethanny? Yikes! As gross as I find Stitch to be, for some reason I could picture him being able to handle B better than Jason ever could. Stitch wouldn't be the road apple that Jason is, however I can see that getting ugly in other ways - screaming matches, etc. I think B was more in love with the idea of going from underdog to winner, being married, "having it all" and triumphing over Jill and the other NYC housewives (except maybe Alex). Bravo was only too happy to help shape the narrative in the most favorable light possible.

hatefake

hatefake

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Katgrrl

The more I watch this clusterfuck the more I have come to realize that Bethenny and Jason are not speaking the same language.

The more I watch this show, I'm beginning to realize that it is VERY HEAVILY EDITED. It seems like they're not speaking the same language or it's confusing, because there are scenes being edited out. I sometimes wonder if they're even sitting together at the same time.

I absolutely HATED how she treated the jewelry beach guy. It was awful. The guy tells you that the necklace is $500 and you don't even have the decency to at least offer him $400 to make it worth his while. Instead you take the very expensive necklace and other items and make JASON the bad guy and CHEAPSKATE and only offer the guy $200 for everything. What. A. Freaking. Bitch!!

He had every right to be upset and I could FEEL Jason's discomfort with having to do that to the guy. I know she probably cursed Jason out something terrible, because he didn't "close" the sale, but of course it was edited out just like everything else worth watching in this episode.

I don't understand the point of "haggling" when you CLEARLY have the money to pay dude full price. You have a 3200 square feet apartment your renovating and HALF of it is going to be for your closet to store your 300 bikinis and 500 bras and panties, so what's the big damn deal on giving the guy at least all or 80% of what he's asking for.

Cheap bitch.

Plumbago Blue

No damn kidding. I don't pay attention to her "brand" at all and thus was shocked, whilst pawing thru the Walmart Clearance bins for Xmas wrapping stuff, to find a whole bin of SG Bath Powder and Lotion sets. For $3.00. Seriously? I think one was margarita "flavored" and the other some kind pomegranate thing. I had no idea these products even exisited, let alone expect to see them at Walmart. So much for the Manhatten chic.

I had no idea she was hawking all that stuff.

What exactly is her "brand"? The shapers, skincare, liquor, cooking, etc.? WHAT???

I agree with everyone else about Martha Stewart, Donald Trump and even Kim K. Love 'em or hate 'em, they stay TRUE to whatever it is they ORIGINALLY came out with - Martha Stewart with kitchen/housewares/cooking, etc., Trump with every and anything high end real estate driven, and Kim K for just being an "It" girl socialite person with no real passion for anything, except attending red carpet events and shilling her name for whatever products pay the highest.

I have no idea what Bethenny's brand is.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

I agree with everyone else about Martha Stewart, Donald Trump and even Kim K. Love 'em or hate 'em, they stay TRUE to whatever it is they ORIGINALLY came out with - Martha Stewart with kitchen/housewares/cooking, etc.,

I think these days the "brand" is associated with the person. Martha Stewart's brand encompasses her longtime products for the home...branching out to include pet products, office supplies, crafting, wall paint, etc. Her companies can come up with any product and market it to fit Martha's brand. To be fair, Bethanny's brand could be lifestyle. Things for your bath, kitchen, bar, wardrobe, even your library. Many of Martha's products have shown up on clearance tables or heavily discounted stores, so not everything is a winner. It's all a crapshoot.

Nycgal48

Nycgal48

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

True that all these things end up on sale or on clearance eventually. As far as I know though Bethenny just recently released her skincare line. To see it in the bargain bin is a real slap in the face. Too bad because I also think she is a mean bitch and I'm also giving Kelly and Jill more credit for dealing with her. I always knew she got a good edit but now I think it was even bigger than I ever imagined after watching this season. You can only edit so much. I hope her talk show is a big fail. I want her to go and take care of her kid and try to work on her life instead of building her so called brand. The book is absurd and I am certain she didn't write it. She already has her assistants posting reviews under names that never reviewed before. She's no better than Jill and never was. What I don't understand is with all that so called money she made why she doesn't just go and try to enjoy it. That may be impossible for her or it's all a farce and her fans are all stupid for believing everything she says when she says she is so honest. I for one haven't believed her from day one on RHONY.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

The thing that galls me is that on Anderson Cooper Bethenny took a swing at other reality stars for just embarking on any ol' endeavor without having knowledge or passion for the underlying product / business, and basically patted herself on the back for being more focused / having depth.

Edited by Tafatia, May 4, 2012 @ 5:17 PM.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I'm surprised that Bethenny doesn't see the value in quality over quantity, and I don't understand why she's hiring others to build other facets of her business instead of focusing on just a few things that are meaningful to her (this has been mentioned several times in the past few pages, I'm just chiming in). I can forgive her most things, but the damn novel broke me - I simply can't get past "Faith Brightstone." Can't.Do.It. It's like the quality of thinking that goes into a song lyric written in junior high or one's first hokey love poem; I don't understand how an adult - who's educated/worldly - lets that go past the thought stage, let alone the first draft!?!?

I absolutely HATED how she treated the jewelry beach guy. It was awful. The guy tells you that the necklace is $500 and you don't even have the decency to at least offer him $400 to make it worth his while. Instead you take the very expensive necklace and other items and make JASON the bad guy and CHEAPSKATE and only offer the guy $200 for everything. What. A. Freaking. Bitch!!

I raged about this very thing pages back; I'd love to know what the markup is on ONE bottle of Skinnygirl Margarita! I really lost respect when I saw that she really didn't give a shit about someone working hard, and so what if he makes $40-$60 when "it's only worth $30"? She gave the impression that a Mexican man doesn't need to make money like a white New Yorker, and that is, just, yuck...

Edited by meisja, May 4, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

Vicky is Icky

Vicky is Icky

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

That beach vendor was just one more man in place of her Dad that she can grab by the figurative cock and balls and scream LOOK I'M SUCCESSFUL IN SPITE OF YOU. Yawn. Same same.