The Talk: Chenbot, Darlene, Mrs O, Badass Lana, and Sheryl

• Please log in to reply

3939 replies to this topic

starketcher

starketcher

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I wonder how useful this cancer gene really is and if it's really necessary to have such drastic surgery. My understanding of breast cancer is that it is mostly environmental. I'm sure many people have genetic predisposition, but what percentage of those with a genetic predisposition actually get cancer? I just hope she made a calculated decision and not just reacted out of fear from her colon cancer scare. I'm always leery of doctors recommending the knife or a pill when it's the environment and diet that makes people ill, so I'm even more leery of the suggestion of a knife when there is only a predisposition to illness.

Sixty percent of those with the BRAC1/2 genes wind up with full blown breast cancer. The odds are even higher for those who have had cancer prior. What Mrs. O did was the right thing to do. Many women that test positive for the gene opt for prophylactic mastectomies.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I believe in her case, with already having cancer, her chances would be about 80%.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 3:58 AM

How could it be Leah? She hasn't been on the set in over 15 months. I think the story is much fresher than that.

People make up shit all the time. Especially disgruntled people. Not saying that's what happened. Just a thought. Who knows.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

Today has to have been the best cooking segment this show has ever had. Miss Robbie was hilarious, I only wish they would have given her another segment so she wouldn't be so out of breath going from one thing to another. Come on Jules, she's an elderly woman. Give her more time!

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Today has to have been the best cooking segment this show has ever had. Miss Robbie was hilarious, I only wish they would have given her another segment so she wouldn't be so out of breath going from one thing to another. Come on Jules, she's an elderly woman. Give her more time!

I have to admit I found Robbie much more enjoyable here than on her OWN show. At least she smiled. She comes off at the nastiest person on Sweetie Pie. She never has a good word to say about or to anyone. No wonder her voice is so hoarse. I found that dressing mixture to be a big mess of stuffing soup. but the collards looked good. I liked her tip for using a smoked turkey leg in lieu of a ham hock for those pork averse. I've never heard of using fresh cornbread and regular bread in a dressing mix. I prefer my dressing made with dried breads.

Edited by Xingu, Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:13 PM.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

I just discovered that the heart thing Sharon does with her hands as she walks out makes my skin crawl even more than when Julie tells me to 'tweet, hash tag, The Talk.' If I continue to keep watching this show, I'm going to have to start tuning in a few minutes late because I have a visceral reaction to both of those things.

Edited by Cementhead, Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:08 PM.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

Taylor Swift does the heart thing too all the time. I think it's cuter when you are younger.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

And I suppose I wouldn't loathe it so much if Sharon actually had a heart ..

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

Today's spaghetti and meatballs segment cracked me up and I was almost waiting for the ladies to break into that SNL segment a la Alec Baldwin and his, "Schweddy Balls."

"Delicious Dish" (You have to get at least 3 minutes or so into it.) :)

I had to chuckle at the NCIS girl who dressed in costume as herself for a [Halloween?) party and said that no one had ever thought of it -- except David Hasselhoff was just on the show saying the same thing. [/snerk]

I'm with Cheryl on the Rossdale/Stefani fanny nanny with the three words, "Bitch, you fired." Then deal with the husband. Get a Mrs. Doubtfire indeed. And Gwen is super hot, so the implication being damn, what chance do normal looking chicks have? But, yes, I know, it's not about Gwen OR her looks. It's about the husband and his feelings about himself.

Edited by ari333, Nov 27, 2012 @ 4:22 PM.

cottagegrl

cottagegrl

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 7:24 AM

I don't know, I did not see anything wrong with that picture of Gwen's husband and nanny. Like some of the panel said, looked like it was for balance purposes. On another note, I am glad I picked yesterday to watch the show, because I always thought that I never saw anyone laugh almost constantly like Sheryl, looks like she is the happiest (and stupidest, unfunny) person on earth. Well I was so glad that they finally got mad at her! What the heck was so funny about that picture of Halle's ex?

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

I love how there is NO mention of the Angus T. Jones video re: Two and a Half Men! Just like during the whole Charlie Sheen debacle. It is so hilarious how they are completely ignoring it.

Oh, and then they have those stupid 'What are people talking about right now?' segments with some random gossip hound and even they don't mention it, even though it is what people are talking about right now. Hello elephant in the room.

And who the hell is doing Julie's makeup this week? Because it looks like shit! The red lipstick and ghastly white foundation is bad enough, but then the dark contour makeup down the bridge of her nose, under her chin and on her cheeks is SO obvious, it looks ridiculous. It's like they send her out there before her makeup artist has had time to blend it all in. Isn't that the 1st rule of makeup application? To blend? Imagine how bad it must look in person?

Edited by Cementhead, Nov 29, 2012 @ 2:07 PM.

scorpia

scorpia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

Did they ever go back and address the news that it was Gavin's sister in that picture??

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:05 PM

I don't think they did (I know The View did) but yes about the Angus T. Jones debacle. These guy's are so damn obvious! When the Charlie Sheen crap was going on, they went on other show's as a group saying this show is set apart from all the other 'gossip' talk shows. This is all they DO until it has to do with dear hubby Les's station! And I would just like to say that I think Cheryl is getting more embarrassing to watch everyday! And you can certainly see Aisha and Julie show their complete disdain for this woman everytime she opens her gummy trap. I have to ff as soon as the camera hit's her silly , goofy smirky mug. Ugh! she is ONE NOT FUNNY woman!

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

oops - wrong place.

Edited by maggie010, Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:33 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

And I would just like to say that I think Cheryl is getting more embarrassing to watch everyday! And you can certainly see Aisha and Julie show their complete disdain for this woman everytime she opens her gummy trap. I have to ff as soon as the camera hit's her silly , goofy smirky mug. Ugh! she is ONE NOT FUNNY woman!

I second that motion, unosurvivor. All in favour? Passed!! That is one ugly broad & I don't say that often. Her behaviour & attempts at humour are just plain ugly. I change channels or FF as soon as she starts talking. I can tolerate the rest of them because they usually don't interrupt & are generally well-spoken, though sometimes OTT.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

I am so sick of seeing that Butt Ugly Cheryl spouting her unintelligent, indecipherable CRAP. They really need to run a ticker across the bottom of the screen every time she opens her ghetto-class ignorant mouth because for the life of me, I have no idea of what she is saying without backing up my DVR and rerunning it a couple of times.

I don't know who does the casting for this show, buy I would be guessing it's been the same (unqualified) person from day one...remember Melissa, (cant remember her last name) the first to go? Then so long Holley Pete and Leah Remini and perhaps someone else that I've forgotten. Kudos, I do applaud the "Firing Guy" for those decisions.

This show is starting to make me wonder if CBS is getting PUNKED, or is using it strictly as a write-off (loss) for Income Tax purposes? What other possible reason could there possibly be for a show this bad to continue?

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

Well, it certainly is crystal clear to me that Jules wants to be the "Stah!" of this show and dear hubby gives the pampered , spoiled bitch anything she wants, and how she starts the topics of all these gossipy stories is so damn funny. The way she looks into the camera and announces the subject like some on the scene journalist, (we're just missing her hand to her earpiece look) . I havn't watched today, but I have been happy without that phony Sharon and doing her heart thingy with her hands as she come's out to an OTT screamiing audience, but that's a whole new other gripe I have already complained about. I really can't understand a word Sheryl is saying either and isn't that ghetto talk out of date and not too well accepted with the community? She is really a horrible fit for any talk show and it just boggles my mind that Julie and Les would really want her!

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

My secret wish is that they were "auditioning" Carnie to take Sheryl's place. Pretty please??

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

I got to say, I was laughing my ASS off with that beard discussion! When they panned to Julie, OMG! that WAS funny. Again, Sheryl made me ff with that white beard and it was sticking to her gums. OHHHH Dear LORD!

Edited by unosurvivor, Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:55 AM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Just got around to watching the show with Dr. Shill hawking his new book. During the conversation, he said that he & his family were "embezzled to the brink of bankruptcy" by a person who wormed their way into Dr. Phil's family. I'm assuming it was an accounting-type. I Googled for information, but couldn't find anything relating to this "incident". I'm sure Dr. Phil would have pressed charges & I don't think he could keep that under wraps. Does anyone know anything about this purported "embezzlement"???

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

Taylor Swift does the heart thing too all the time. I think it's cuter when you are younger.

I find it cute never.

I second that motion, unosurvivor. All in favour? Passed!! That is one ugly broad & I don't say that often.

Can I third that motion? Ugly is as ugly does.

I have no idea of what she is saying without backing up my DVR and rerunning it a couple of times.

Don't wear out your DVR; it's not worth it.

Kudos, I do applaud the "Firing Guy" for those decisions.

By all accounts, JuJuWa was the "firing guy".

My secret wish is that they were "auditioning" Carnie to take Sheryl's place. Pretty please??

I respect your wish, but please, no, please. She annoys me with the heat of a hundred thousand nuns.

Just got around to watching the show with Dr. Shill hawking his new book. During the conversation, he said that he & his family were "embezzled to the brink of bankruptcy" by a person who wormed their way into Dr. Phil's family. I'm assuming it was an accounting-type. I Googled for information, but couldn't find anything relating to this "incident". I'm sure Dr. Phil would have pressed charges & I don't think he could keep that under wraps. Does anyone know anything about this purported "embezzlement"???

Me too. I Googled the same thing. Nothing. I think Mr. Phil either made this story up or it happened long before he was Mr. Phil.

I thought the 11/26 episode was classic:

Mrs. O is absent, but she'll be here later which mean they taped that segment in advance.

Carrie Wilson made 11 courses for Turkey Day and ate them all.

For some strange reason Aisha used Japanese yams for her sweet potato pie. It looked like a prop from True Blood.

Aisha made a joke about Black Friday that was first made in 1987.

Sara can't do anything. No surprise there.

Aisha once again brings out her tired AA sales day joke. Jules calls it Chinese Friday where she only speaks Mandarin. She used her language to trick others. Oh, the fun.

Every day is black Friday for Sheryl. Whatever that means. Sheryl's credit card was denied. They recognized her voice and ask her if she is a star on the Talk why can't she pay her bill. How embarrassing. Well, if you were a normal person, but for Sheryl: No.

When Aisha is rejected she gets all ghetto.

Halle Berry baby-daddy bullshit.

Aisha considers the French language to be a panty-dropper.

Sara loves everybody.

Next up LL stupid attack story.

Sheryl says: All I got to say is "the boddy ddoogy ddkeiys eisty dohsly, doewqind, spo\d.ys it"

I swear that is a literal translation.

A recommends if you have a problem with a chick over another guy, take it out the chick. Not the guy. Such class.

Jules was 15 and dating a guy, she told her best friend and the friend stole the boy.

Sucks for you Jules; what goes around comes around.

Is there anyone on the planet that cares about Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman?

The entire "beard" scene repulsed me and I found no humor in it.

And scene.

Edited by Xingu, Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:01 AM.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

Carnie would show up to the opening of a gas station. My mom watches ALL of those shows about ghosts and there's a show about "celebrities" that have had ghostly encounters. I jokingly asked her if Carnie Wilson had been on there yet.. YEP! Make that money girl, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously at this point. I honestly don't understand the appeal of Sheryl. She is an educated woman, a republican, and somewhat established in her field right? I don't understand why she acts the way she does, I really don't. It's like an educated southern white woman coming in to host who is constantly wearing the rebel flag, chuggin' moonshine, and playing the spoons. I really don't want it to be a racial issue, but she seems to be a caricature, and I know she is smarter than that. I just don't understand.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Carnie would show up to the opening of a gas station. My mom watches ALL of those shows about ghosts and there's a show about "celebrities" that have had ghostly encounters. I jokingly asked her if Carnie Wilson had been on there yet.. YEP! Make that money girl, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously at this point. I honestly don't understand the appeal of Sheryl. She is an educated woman, a republican, and somewhat established in her field right? I don't understand why she acts the way she does, I really don't. It's like an educated southern white woman coming in to host who is constantly wearing the rebel flag, chuggin' moonshine, and playing the spoons. I really don't want it to be a racial issue, but she seems to be a caricature, and I know she is smarter than that. I just don't understand.

Yep, I watched Carnie's reality show: there is nothing she won't do for a buck. I hate her OTT persona. Everything is the funniest, the saddest, the most shocking thing to her. And it's all an act. And not one done well, IMO. All she cares about is fame and money. She doesn't care how she is portrayed. Which makes her fit in perfectly with this show.

As for Sheryl, she is nothing more than a current day Amos and Andy, Mammie, Stepandfetchit to me. In fact she's more insulting to AAs because she knows better, IMO. She's an educated woman who chooses to use ghetto talk to be funny. I find that repulsive and denigrating to the black community. The previously mentioned stars spoke like that because that's how they were educated: poorly. Sheryl knows better. It annoys me to no end when white stars like Reba. or Larry the Cable Guy speaks in a similar fashion thinking it's cute. It's not.

It annoys me when anyone, regardless of color, speaks like this. It does a great disservice to those who naturally speak like this because they haven't been given a proper education. It's not by choice. It annoys me when gays are presented with lisps. I think it's time to put the stereotypes aside. If you speak with a lisp, so be it, if you speak with southern dialect, so be it, if you speak like your hearing-impaired, so be it. But don't try to be something you aren't and make a buck off it. That's insulting.

Carnie telling a story of her fist-fight with another chick over a Snickers bar was funny.

Kristen Davis: Booorrinng!

She and SJP were mobbed getting their cars from the Abbey. Here's a suggestion, why not leave in one car??

But I give Kristen big props for her support of Oxfam. A great org IMO.

Edited by Xingu, Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:11 PM.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 4:37 AM

I respect your wish, but please, no, please. She annoys me with the heat of a hundred thousand nuns.

I hear ya, but it's the lesser of two evils...and they haven't given us anyone else to go on.

sweetwilliam

sweetwilliam

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 7:05 AM

I don't mind Carnie. She loves attention but her comments are relevant (Sheryl!!) and she can be funny (Sheryl!). I hope they are auditioning her to replace Sharon. I like the show so much better without her!

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

I hope they are auditioning her to replace Sharon. I like the show so much better without her!

I don't understand what Sharon adds to the show. I read Sharon's book, and she's had a very interesting life, but she chooses not to talk about anything in her life other than promoting her kids and her plastic surgeries. She doesn't really have opinions on things, she just sticks to this "old British lady says explicit things" schtick. That was kinda cute at first, but now she's useless. Aisha and Jules are the only ones earning their paychecks, but Jules is just far to annoying with her "I'm the real journalist" sense of self importance.

I would like to put Aisha as anchor and recast everyone else. I don't need everyone to be funny or OTT, I just need real people who come to have real and in-depth conversations about things that matter. For the crunchy activist left-of-left liberal with a dry, but still relatable personality, I want Ashley Judd. For the annoying conservative that everyone will love to hate, this show should have s.e. cupp. I would be glued to the tv EVERYDAY just to see Ashley and s.e. go at it. For the comedian (because there does need to be some funny) I want Melissa McCarthy (her stand-up is hilarious!) - she will be funny without being obnoxious. The second comedian can be either Mo'Nique or Jane Lynch - they both have interesting life stories and perspectives to contribute and both are naturally funny without trying for the one liners - I think Mo'Nique has lived more life and is funnier, but she can get preachy at times.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

How disgusting was Sheryl in that segment about eating while driving??? I kept switching the channel because I couldn't watch her gluttonous behaviour with all that food. What a waste -- there are probably people watching who would give anything for food like that!!! Absolutely disgusting.
Can.not.stand Fran Drescher, no matter how nice she is, her voice really gets on my nerves.
Love to see Lisa Vanderpump -- she always adds a little class to the party.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

I had to change my shift so I can only catch this 2 days a week. Sooo disappointed--Not.

I did happen to catch today and the Sheryl eating expedition with the audience cackling. Oh whatta mess.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

I don't get it, I JUST DON'T GET IT! Why the hell is that POS there? It makes no sense, and the fake, and I mean FAKE laughter coming from Julie and Aisha and the guest host for this NOT funny insult to AA everywhere is off the chart RIDICULOUS! I continued to watch even through the whole Leah and that other one that got let go fiasco, (even though I was angry about how it was handled), but I always have been confused as to what the hell they were thinking adding this gummy idiot to the group and I really thought, well like Leah and the other one, after one season she SHOULD be gone, but OHHHH NOOOO! She's back for a second season! I just can't anymore. She makes me CRINGE! I can not understand a word she says, and I DOUGHT any of those ladies can, but why they act as though she's the funniest woman alive is strange and not right! And she is an emabarrassment to every single guest coming out! As Whoopi would say, "WHAT THE HELL!"

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

It makes no sense, and the fake, and I mean FAKE laughter coming from Julie and Aisha and the guest host for this NOT funny insult to AA everywhere is off the chart RIDICULOUS!

Did I miss something? What was the insulting comment? And what's "AA"?