The Talk: Chenbot, Darlene, Mrs O, Badass Lana, and Sheryl

• Please log in to reply

3943 replies to this topic

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

Alicia Silverstone has to be certifiably nuts, IMO. I always thought she was wacky, but this takes the cake. Even if, for some unknown reason, you thought it was wise to give your kid sloppy seconds out of your mouth WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU VIDEO IT AND POST IT ONLINE? I was going to say this was just a publicity stunt, but I don't think she's that clever. I think she's that nuts. Oh, and way to be current Julie. I saw this on all the other talk shows days ago.

I caught this the other day while I was packing boxes. Long days with no cable make me tune to CBS...dear God, why?? Is it because I get the treat of watching "Let's Make A Deal" after watching this crap?

When I saw the whole "ZOMG!!! Cutting edge veganista bitch is spitting food into her kids mouth!!!" newsflash, I was like "WTF is wrong with her? Seriously. If you want to chew food up and spit into your kid's mouth, that's ok with me. We live in a free country and all. But why the hell would you post that shit online? To me, it seems like something you'd keep under wraps. Not because it's sick or wrong...but it seems personal and kinda gross. So why advertise it?

And yes, this story is so effing old. I read about it online a few weeks ago, maybe a month ago. Apparently there's hot debate as to whether or not that's how cave mamas fed their wee ones before Gerber cornered the market on pre-masticated food.

Why am I not surprised that Sarah supported this grotesqueness? She's as nutty as fruitcake, too. I wish she would cite which cultures practice this. I don't buy it. Birds do it because they don't have hands to feed their young. I will only accept this practice if you are a double amputee. And to compare this to breast-feeding is just insulting. Something tells me that Charlie will be sucking on Julie's tit until he's 22.

If there are cultures out there who do this, they probably don't have television, electricity, internet or access to the clever world featured on "The Talk". Sarah is nutty as a fruitcake, but she's not all bad. There's still some good left, somewhere...oh fuck it. There's not anything good about her or this show. As soon as I find my remote, I'm changing the damn the channel when this show comes on.

For the record, spitting chewed up food into your baby's mouth IS NOT THE FUCKING SAME THING AS BREAST-FEEDING.

zippergirl

zippergirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

To me, even more annoying than the volume of the audience is that the audience claps after practically every sentence a host says. It is really distracting (and unwarranted, of course).

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

I loved it when Trisha Yearwood asked Sharon and Julie if they cooked...the whole deer in headlights was great. ( yes ladies we figured you don't cook...don't try and fake it). Sharon fessed up and said "No, she's too old", Julie said "Sometimes". Suzy Homemaker they are not.

LuckyBitch

LuckyBitch

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

Did Julie mention being in DC this past weekend for the White House Correspondents Dinner? It was Julie's first time ever attending the Correspondents Dinner, (according to a red carpet interview she and Les did).

Here's a photo of Julie and Les at Friday night's pre-party hosted by Google and The Hollywood Reporter: The Moonves

Also, here's an article, and a video of their interview on the red carpet: Les and JC

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Move over Hasselback, Ms Gummy McGums has replaced you as the stupidest person on TV, and that's saying a lot. She was absolutely rabid over that story with the embryos. She made no sense at all.

Thanks, Xingu, for your transcription service. I will NOT watch this show, but after seeing a clip of Sheryl, I came here to see what's going on. TV production people must think they're making "sparks" when all they're doing is encouraging the stereotype of the buffoon. I'm sad.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Oh, Lordy, how many times can Sherryl be portrayed to be the average black person? She constantly plays the stupid, uneducated, low life persona that have stereo typed African Americans for years.

I dislike her so much that I'm thinking bad things, like go get your fugely teeth pulled so that those gummy things that you always show with your shit eating grin can come in!

Edited by dimo, May 1, 2012 @ 12:55 PM.

BlossomRene

BlossomRene

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

I wonder if Julie bumped into Holly. She was also at the White House Dinner.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

I wonder if Julie bumped into Holly. She was also at the White House Dinner.

Awkward!

Going back a couple of days ago. Poor Michael Ealy. I feel bad for any remotely attractive man that comes on this show. They are sexually harassed by Sheryl and sometimes the others chime in. Flip it. Could you imagine a talk show with male hosts that behaved that way toward female guests? No. Neither can I. It would never happen. People would be upset. So why is it "okay" for these women to get away with it? Double standard. Sheryl is disgusting. As is the network for allowing her to continue to do this with no repercussions.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

I feel bad for any remotely attractive man that comes on this show. They are sexually harassed by Sheryl and sometimes the others chime in.

Oh, I fear for Jim Caviezel, who's supposed to be on today.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Oh, I fear for Jim Caviezel, who's supposed to be on today.

Hopefully they show a little decorum towards the man who portrayed Jesus Christ.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

I thought Jim Caviezel's interview went very well, although he seemed slightly nervous/off-balance. Didn't really know about him until Person of Interest & now I'm a big fan. He plays his part to the enth degree.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

Not really familiar with him but I sure can say he is very easy on the eyes. He did seem rather serious or tense but that could be attributed to nervousness or just his way or mannerisms.

I did notice what has been discussed here in that the audience applause and hooting and or hollering is quite loud but when the cameras pan the studio, I don't see very many audience members with the mouth even opened.

So yes, a piped in over excited audience track. Pathetic.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

Yes, I was looking at the audience faces during all that whopping applause and thats when I realized how fake is is. I mean, to just hear that kind of applause as they come out in the intro makes you have to check out whats up, it sounds so ridiculous. Oh and gummy, tiny hands has to GO! She is an embarrassment to women everywhere!

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

I was so pleased that no one tried to paw Jim Caviezel. And I thought it was real sweet how he put his arm around Shannen and hugged her, and revealed the story of how he didn't get hired on her old show, BH 90210. Bet whatever character he would have played would have given Dylan McKay a run for his money. Perry's got NOTHIN' on Caviezel when it comes to acting. All Caviezel has to do is emote with his eyes. Doesn't have to say a word.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

But I do have to ask, why Caviezel didn't merit the couch? Or, is it better that he got to sit on the table?

And I really, really, REALLY did NOT need to see the stupid people in the stupid audience when Jim Caviezel came in. I wanted to see HIM.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I've been watching this show for a little while and I have to admit I really like Sheryl. She's as country as all get out and she doesn't pretend to be anything but what she is. She also seems to have a really kind heart, which is refreshing in talk-show-land. As a VERY educated Black woman, I don't have any problems with Sheryl or think she's playing into any stereotypes. She's being herself and if anyone wants to judge an entire race of people based on the actions of one, why should I (or any other Black person) give them a second's thought?

My favourite Talker is Aisha; I love her. Ms. Chen is the boss' wife and doesn't she let people know it. I think that Sarah is great for offering an alternative point of view, when she can get a word in edgewise.

It was interesting to see Jim Cavizel on the show yesterday with Shannen Doherty, two right-wing conservatives clinging to each other for protection.

Edited by roydenlea, May 4, 2012 @ 1:16 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

My favourite Talker is Aisha; I love her.

I really like Aisha too! I've been aware of Aisha for years and she's always been a fun presence on tv for me. I may be a little biased though since we seem to have a lot of similar interests as she is a huge video game nerd like myself. I don't know if she's ever talked about that on the show before but she gets mad excited about her gaming. She even had a small part in one of the Halo games. She's also a very intelligent black woman in her own right. She has a political science degree from Dartmouth so when it comes to hearing anyone's opinion on this show I'd rather here her's than be subjected to Mrs. Moonves or Sharon's nonsense. I still don't understand exactly why Sharon is still relevant anymore anyway. Her schtick is way past it's expiration date.

Everything I want to say about Julie has already been said here many times so I'll leave it at that but we all know how she got this job. I still have a fondness for Sarah even though I still think that this isn't exactly the format for her. However, I imagine it's probably easy to get overshadowed when your co-host is the wife of the head of the network and seems to run shit over there even though you are the one with the actual producer credit.

Edited by Turkish, May 4, 2012 @ 2:23 PM.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

It was great seeing Jim Caveziel on the show. I've read he is picky about his roles so it's nice this show is working for him.

Was it just me or did Juliet's KY derby hat look like a lobster?

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

Classy as always Sharon sweetheart. Pimping out your newborn grandchild, SHE'S HOLDING THE BABY ON THE COVER! She shouldn't even be on the over! Then again, neither should Jack's baby to begin with.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

Sigh. No Sheryl 6 year olds are not sexy! Why this woman is on a talk show is just puzzling to me.

Also, Sharon if Jack really thinks that Sheryl is hot. Damn. Looking at his fiance/wife you would think that he has good taste. Apparently not.

DryIce

DryIce

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

I have a really, really hard time watching this dreck since Holly and Leah left -Can anyone tell me if Sara has mentioned her sister Melissa being on Dancing With the Stars? I look for her in the DWTS audience but I haven't seen her there.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

No, strange as it is, Sara has not mentioned her sister on DWTS. One time , I believe because they had someone on that was her competitor or something, but that was it. I can NOT stand Sharon being the lead host when Julie is gone. She can't do it and her shrill british accent is beyond deplorable! Sheryl is straight up the biggest , most embarrassing person to ever grace my television screen! This show is only fun to watch as comedy gone very very wrong!

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

I have a really, really hard time watching this dreck since Holly and Leah left -Can anyone tell me if Sara has mentioned her sister Melissa being on Dancing With the Stars? I look for her in the DWTS audience but I haven't seen her there.

I tend to think the non-mentions of this has to do with that whole pie-in-the-face incident from last season. You all remember this? Julie Chen threw a (pre-planned) pie in Melissa Gilbert's face and afterwards, Melissa took to the Twitter World that even though she agreed to it beforehand, she didn't expect Chen to be so aggressive about it. I remember her saying that Julie really nailed her with it & then grinded it back & forth in her face a few times before she let go.

So, I'm figuring that since Meliss G spoke badly about Chen, Sarah has been banished from ever mentioning her sister's name on the show again.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

I'm thinking that they don't mention Melissa being on DWTS because the show on a competing network. I know ABC's The View has the ladies always pimps out it's own shows, DWTS in particular, but rarely talk about shows on other networks unless a guest is on. All their hot topics are almost always about ABC shows exclusively and I imagine CBS has a similar policy.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

Tuned in yesterday. I thought Sharon looked different. Her face seemed fuller and or rounder. Maybe it was due to a fluffier longer wavy hairstyle. Then it hit me, she really looked like Susan Boyle. I couldn't help chuckling at that observation.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

Could anyone tell me why Sharon was crying during the entire first segment of 'hot topics'??

sweetwilliam

sweetwilliam

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:58 AM

I assumed she was choked up over Obama's support of gay marriage. You know, because Sharon is so open and accepting of others.

Notmuchofacook

Notmuchofacook

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

I was shocked when The Talk gave the million dollar check to the Survivor winner. Isn't that usually done on one of the morning shows? All I could think of was that Julie Chen has the advantage of being married to Les Moonves. Am I off track here?

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

I think they are slowly trying to move all of that stuff to The Talk. Didn't Julie give Rachel her check after she won Big Brother? At the time it seemed like it was because Julie was the host of that show as well, but it's probably a part of a bigger plan to have The Talk be a platform for CBS reality shows.

Wavy

Wavy

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

They all looked good in their Liza wigs! I thought so, anyway.

Fairyinterested

Fairyinterested

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

Haven't seen this weeks NY shows yet but wanted to chime in for a second. Sheryl has popped up on The Young and the Restless a few times recently and her speech and timing is much better. Much like Sherri she mugs the audience for giggles. I wondered what was up with Sharon that day as well. Thanks Xinga for the updates ad translations. I can't figure out why I torture myself with either of the talk shows.