The Talk: Chenbot, Darlene, Mrs O, Badass Lana, and Sheryl

• Please log in to reply

3939 replies to this topic

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

I quit watching this mess when Leah and Holly disappeared. Now the most I see is the last couple minutes when I flip to a channel to watch something and this show is just ending. All it does is make me shake my head and wonder why they ruined a good thing. This group appears so needy when they are saying their goodbyes.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

Yeah, you know this show is dead in the water when the panel shows up in costume looking like complete asshats yesterday and there is nobody here commenting on it. I missed the first 2 -3 minutes so I have no friggin' idea why they were all dressed as characters from The Hunger Games. I'm guessing the parent company of CBS has some money invested in it. So after the first segment where they discussed the movie, they come back from commercial and try and act like they *aren't* sitting there in ridiculousy assed costumes and proceed to discuss the serious topics of the day. What a joke. I hope Holly & Leah saw this one and realized what a bullet they dodged there.

canadiankitty

canadiankitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

And Sheryl asking if Lenny Kravitz was "nekkid" in the film. Who the heck says nekkid????

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

I couldn't take them seriously dressed like that when they began to discuss serious topics. What a dumb idea.

And Sheryl asking if Lenny Kravitz was "nekkid" in the film. Who the heck says nekkid????

Someone that didn't graduate high school and go to college. Oh,wait she did graduate high school and college. She's an idiot.

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

Who the heck says nekkid? Our "favorite" talk show host Sheryl!
I've been working from home since Jan, and take a break around 2. It still does not explain why I turn on the TV to this show. It's almost like my brain refuses to believe that it's even happening. I'm going to have to do something else with my breaks. I'll keep checking in with you guys to see what's happening. Glad I'm not the only one amazed, appalled, and apoplectic about the show (I need 3 a words for completeness!)

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

So, according to Sharon, if your kid isn't into drugs or stealing, he's just a boring nerd who doesn't matter anyways, so who cares? WTF? These words of wisdom come from the tragic Trayvon Martin discussion.

And why does Julie always act like the Queen is Back! everytime she welcomes Sharon back from one of her (many) absences? And why are the Osbournes always in the friggin' hospital??

And what the hell was up with the side eye she was giving Fran Drescher? If looks could kill..

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

I guess Fran was afraid of catching whatever Sarah had because it's the first time Sarah & Sheryl switched seats. Did I miss something?

Cary

Cary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

Wow, I guess Julie watches the View, because she stole Whoopi's classic seque. Julie said, "we'll be staying on top of this, because this case is faaar from over. We'll be right back". That is what WG has been saying lately (and bugging me, because they NEVER stay on top of anything!)

How wrong that Sarah would come to work on a TALK show when she can't TALK!!! It was beyond inconsiderate to everyone who had to come into contact with her. Even if she wasn't contagious, it was still inappropriate and annoying to us viewers who had to listen to that screechy voice!

As the mom of a 17 yr old son who hasn't been arrested for drugs or stealing or anything else, I was pissed at Sharon for suggesting he must be a boring nerd! No, bitch, just because you married and also birthed druggies does not make that the norm! (Though I know her point was that Trayvon's minor troubles don't affect the fact that he was murdered by a racist zealot, and I agree with that....)

canadiankitty

canadiankitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

I had to laugh at the segment about calling your husband's mistresses since both Sharon and Julie went out with their hubbies while they were still married.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

Sharron reminds me of an old friend of mine, who had a son the same age as my twins and my little boy was into The Boy Scouts, and working so hard at his merit badges, striving for the great Eagle Scout title (which he did at age 18) Whenever I spoke to them of him going to a meeting , or anything about Boy Scouts, they would look at each other and laugh as if my son was a nerd. This coming from a kid who cut off his cats tail in their tool shed with a saw, and today my son has a wonderful job as a tecnicle writer, while I hear the boy that thought my son a nerd is homeless and has no desire to work. Sorry, Sharon just reminded me of those freaks when she spouts her almighty opinion. I can NOT STAND that BITCH!

canadiankitty

canadiankitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I have no idea why Miranda Lambert was even at the table. She didn't say more than 2 sentences. Sheryl and Niecy took over the show!

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Yea, miranda was shell shocked. I wonder if she was forced to do the show to get publicity for the country awards. She didn't seem thrilled to be there. Who can blame her.

zippergirl

zippergirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

Yea, miranda was shell shocked. I wonder if she was forced to do the show to get publicity for the country awards. She didn't seem thrilled to be there. Who can blame her.

I felt so bad for Miranda; she looked miserable to be there. Who could blame her with Sheryl's ignorant speaking. Not that I'm a Megan Fox apologist or anything but it was rich hearing them bash her when Sheryl inexplicably brags about her looks and INTELLIGENCE(?!) on a daily basis.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

I am guessing that Megan Fox won't probably be appearing on this show anytime soon, after they bashed her. I think it was Julie who may have said something like she is blessed with good looks but was left out when brains were handed out. Ouch !

cottagegrl

cottagegrl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

I've keep forgetting to ask this. Have I heard correctly Sheryl mentioning that she's dated several pro athletes? I'm not sure because 1.the other co-hosts completely ignore it & keep talking when she has mentioned it (TG)
& 2. I find it so very hard to believe (I guess the other hosts feel like I do) have any of you heard this? if true I want names! lol

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

(I haven't figured out how to quote yet)
cottagegrl - I've heard Sheryl say that in the past about dating pro athletes, and I don't believe it for a second!!! Especially if it's NFL, NBA, or MLB players. Maybe pro bowling? Curling? Skeet shooting?
Although, to be fair, it's possible that she's had A (as in singular) date that a friend has set-up. She does have famous friends who know athletes.
I'm definitely with you though, I want names and I need proof!

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

For those wanting to know how to "quote" :

Copy the "Text" you want to quote.
Click on "reply" at bottom right corner of page.
Paste "text" into new empty box to be posted.
Highlight "text".
Click on "insert Quotation" icon (blue comma) which is 12th icon from the left, right next to the B I U S x2 x2 etc. icons just above the empty box to be posted.
And you are done.
Good Luck.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Oh yes, I am so sure that I would believe Sheryl's Bull Shit about dating "Pro Athletes!"...NOT! Whom could they be?
I can think of a couple. Dennis Rodman because he would have portrayed her on his show as the" crude low-life Z-list comedian" joke that she is and we remember what a publicity whore he became, or perhaps Bruce Jenner for the same reason, oh gawd, I just made my eyes bleed again picturing either situation.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

I saw previews for todays 'Talk' and the announcer mentioned that included in todays hosting was the talented Kelly Osborne. Although she is a very sweet girl, and I literally can NOT STAND mom, but can someone tell me please what Kelly's 'talent' is, and what is she famous for? I really don't know.

Edited by scout56, Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:39 AM.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

I'm pretty sure her talent is fashion?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

She made a record a few years ago, but I don't think it sold very well.

canadiankitty

canadiankitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

I wonder if it's the ladies contracts that they have to laugh hysterically every time Sheryl opens her mouth??? Their laughter is so fake!! Maybe if I understood what she was saying I'd laugh too.

Edited by canadiankitty, Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:51 AM.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

As a View refugee, I started watching The Talk this week in hopes of finding a better way to spend an hour each day. I like it, except I don't think I'll be able to continue to watch because of one thing: Sheryl Underwood. O.M.G. Maybe I've just caught her on a series of bad days, but does she ever (1) not shout at the top of her lungs, (2) not interrupt every single person at the table, or (3) speak clearly? There was one stream of shouting today where I seriously couldn't understand a single word. I would FF through her segments, but she seems to make every segment "her" segment. Any relief in sight, or is that about the way it goes every show?

canadiankitty

canadiankitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Sorry to say Sheryl is like this every single day

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

As a View refugee, I started watching The Talk this week in hopes of finding a better way to spend an hour each day. I like it, except I don't think I'll be able to continue to watch because of one thing: Sheryl Underwood. O.M.G. Maybe I've just caught her on a series of bad days, but does she ever (1) not shout at the top of her lungs, (2) not interrupt every single person at the table, or (3) speak clearly? There was one stream of shouting today where I seriously couldn't understand a single word. I would FF through her segments, but she seems to make every segment "her" segment.

View refugee? I love that phrase. Welcome to the club, but please note that membership fees are non-refundable. But don't be surprised if this show pisses you as much as that show (if not more so).

Any relief in sight, or is that about the way it goes every show?

Every fucking day. More so since Julie fired Holly and that Scientologist chick from that awful sitcom about Queens in New York. I'm not even joking, I can't remember her name. Mia? Nia? Gia? She was a big friend of JLO's. And had a hot husband and a drag queen for a mother who sat in the audience every fucking day. Why can't I think of her name? She obviously made a big impression on me. (I'm sure I'll wake up at 4AM shouting her name. I do know one thing, unlike the Seinfeld episode her name doesn't rhyme with a female body part. Or does it? Regina?) But that's how bad this show has become. She was loud and obnoxious, but I still would have preferred her over Sheryl.

Sheryl is not just the weak link, she is the anchor on the chain that pulls this whole ship down, IMO. Speak clearly? I honestly don't think she knows the meaning of those words. For an educated woman, I find her embarrassingly stupid. And if I were a black woman, I'd be filing a complaint with the NAACP. Haven't we put the Amos and Andy/Mammie shit to rest? I don't find it comical at all. (Just as a gay man I don't find stereotypical gay men funny at all. Fuck you Will & Grace. And I did file a complaint with this show with GLAAD.) I hope my comments don't sound racist, because my intent is anything but. I guess I should say that speaking incorrect English, knowing you are speaking it incorrectly is insulting in general. I feel the same way about redneck speech. It's a cheap, easy laugh at the expense of those who don't know better. Well, I, for one, am not laughing. When I see shows of the people of the Appalachians or the Deep South speaking poorly, I don't laugh at them. I feel sadness that our educational system has failed them. Sheryl (and Sherri Shepard) know better and should be ashamed. They had the privilege that many folks don't.

But beyond that I know exactly what Sheryl is going to say the moment she opens her big-gummed mouth. That is not comedy to me.

There is a huge difference between sociotypes and stereotypes. The former is based on fact, the latter based on misconceptions. The Irish love potatoes (and I'm as Irish as one can be). Asians love rice. Brits love fish and chips. Sociotypes. Irish are drunks, Asians can't drive and Brits can't cook. Stereotypes.

And JuJuWa is not exempt from stereotyping Asians. But, Julie, if you are reading you might want to move on to the next post. I'm about to dis your beloved husband, which you abhor. (You've been warned.) Although, I might think he is mildly attractive, I think he is the most repulsive of all men: a man who cheats on his wife and leaves his marriage and kids for an "Ancient Chinese Secret". (Julie's words.) I'm sure the fact that you were younger, prettier and could probably do things that would make a whore blush were purely coincidental. But enjoy him for now. Or until Charlie's next hot nanny comes along. What's the old phrase? What he's done with you, he'll do to you?"

I have no idea if the hosts on the show today were talking about posts like ours on the Internet who criticize them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were talking about TWoP as CBS doesn't allow negative postings on their site. So, in response I have 3 things to say to them: 1. Umm, because we may not like agree with your, umm, show we are so not haterz. Haterz like suck and stuff, like for realz. We so hate haterz (Aisha-speak). 2. My house is neither dark nor dirty; and 3. There is nothing I have said on this forum that I wouldn't say to your faces. In fact, I would welcome a visit from any one of you to speak my mind, show off my impeccably clean house, and display my Royal Doulton with the hand-painted periwinkles. I'll serve tea and light refreshments.

So, suck it. Suck it hard.

Oh, and as far as good looking men go; you can have your Brad Pitts' and George Clooney's anyday. I'll take the man-next-door anytime. Seriously, if you know the man next door, give him my number. (I kid, I have a widow on one side and a widow/daughter on the other. Damn!) But up the street...Hmmm?

Edited by Xingu, Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:39 AM.

justasimplegal

justasimplegal

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

Xingu-you have summed it up perfectly. I don't watch it anymore but love to come here for the critiques.I have yet to find a saving grace amongst any of those detestable shrews (I do give Sarah a little break but just the fact she stays on this crapfest, I'm losing respect fast!

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

I love Sara, wasn't the premise of the show her idea? Now that she's on this sinking ship, does she have a way off? I don't mind Holly being replaced by Aisha, but Sheryl.. Good God, I just don't understand why she chooses to come off the way she does. She is an educated woman, yet she still chooses to act the way she does. I don't get it.

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

display my Royal Doulton with the hand-painted periwinkles. I'll serve tea and light refreshments.

I loved your whole post but when I read this I squealed. To weave Hyacinth Bucket (no it's Bouquet) into a comment about the Talk is the height of brilliance!! Love it!
But in response to the rest of your post, wordy mcwordy word.
Every time the ChenBot mentions her most perfect husband, I think, yeah ok honey.myou keep thinking that one. But of course, YOU are the one for him. He's such an honorable man. Rightttttt, I'll believe that when Sheryl can get through an entire show without saying something totally cringeworthy.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Xingu-you have summed it up perfectly. I don't watch it anymore but love to come here for the critiques.I have yet to find a saving grace amongst any of those detestable shrews (I do give Sarah a little break but just the fact she stays on this crapfest, I'm losing respect fast!

Thank you for your kind words and support. I used to give Sarah credit, and I thought she was the voice of reason on this crapfest. But this show was her original creation. (And by original I mean a direct copy of The View.) She's the Executive Producer and she's failed in so many ways. She has abdicated all responsibility to Julie. This may be a Les Moonves decision, but it still lies with her. She could have said fuck you and walked away. This goes back to the firing of Holly and that other woman (whose name still escapes me). She, as Ex Prod, handled that horribly. That's when I lost all respect for her. For me, she had just become the caricature that is presented on SNL Complete with the rolling of hands in her sleeves. And she actually still does it. Routinely. Geez, if one is being parodied on SNL one might think to change those habits. But, apparently, that is Sarah. She would rather wrap herself up in her sleeves than deal with problems of this show. Ex Prod? My Aunt Fanny! It's in name only. While she still collects the paychecks, there are only two bosses on the show: JuJuWa and Les. And not in that order.

I won't even get into the thought of her regretting not eating her placenta. Except to say: Ewww and how can a vegan eat a placenta? Isn't that meat? I've got to stop; I'm grossing myself out. I'm so sick of hearing people say humans are the only animals who don't eat their placenta and drink milk from another animal. Helllloooo. What a specious argument. We are also the only species who cooks their meat and drives a car. It's called evolution. (No offense to those mothers who choose to eat their placentas. But I still say; "Eww.") Well, I guess I did get into it.

I loved your whole post but when I read this I squealed. To weave Hyacinth Bucket (no it's Bouquet) into a comment about the Talk is the height of brilliance!! Love it!

You have warmed my heart; and I thank you for getting the reference. I would ring to thank you, but my white slim line telephone with auto-redial is out of service. It must be due to those interlopers who confuse my number with a Chinese take away. I do hope the repairmen don't brush up against my walls.

Now back to our regularly scheduled POS:

Mrs. O is off today and we're all so excited. said Julie. I'm not sure she meant it that way, but it's how I felt. If you can't commit to two shows, then don't. Greedy bitch.

The following news alert is brought to you from Julie:

WHITNEY HOUSTON IS STILL DEAD. AND SHE USED COCAINE. Yep, this was the newsflash from JuJuWa. What an amazing journalist she is.

Lionel Ritchie does nothing for me, musically or otherwise, but I completely understand those who feel differently. (And I have great respect for him taking in Nicolle as his daughter when his drugged-out band-mates abandoned her.) I just wish he didn't foist her untalented ass on us. (That Paris Hilton show and The Fashion Show? Please.) But can Sheryl please take it down a notch? Christ on a cracker, Sheryl needs to see a doctor or get laid stat. She's all over every male guest. And it's creepy. I think the show needs to permanently install the under-table barrier like they put up for The Muppets. That way Sheryl can just be under the table fellating every male guest. It would save time. Sorry for that image, I just squicked myself out. And probably every future male guest.

I'm pretty sure her talent is fashion?

I mean no offense to you, as you were merely speculating, but if her talent is fashion then mine must be brain surgery. We're equally schooled in both areas. Her hair and what she wears? Yikes. When did violet hair become fashionable? I guess I should say, if she's fashionable, I'm proud to not be. If I were her gay, I'd go straight.

If one wants to be taken seriously as a fashionista one must endure the rigorous studies of a school like Parsons. Otherwise, one shouldn't be surprised if others attack one for the lack of one's schooling. Or worse, living off the fame of one's parent.

Edited by Xingu, Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:28 AM.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Xingu, glad to see your wonderful opinions over HERE! This show is a mess, With Sheryl's horniness day to day to Julie's snob ass and her perfect life. And I'm sorry but aside from not understanding a word that gummed idiot is saying, I can NOT follow Aisha at ALL either! And PULEEZ! there are not that many people in that audience to sound like that when these bitch's enter the stage, (or Lioal Richy) It's so ridiculous sounding! And I just want to say although Lional;s songs take me back to a wonderful place and time, he came off as a real self absorbed POS yesterday!