The Talk: Chenbot, Darlene, Mrs O, Badass Lana, and Sheryl

• Please log in to reply

3939 replies to this topic

mcree

mcree

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

...apparently don't have enough of a voice on daytime TV.

Press release from a week ago. Recent snark over the six(!) hosts' appearance at the summer TCA.

The show was developed by Sara Gilbert, who will co-host and be Executive Producer (Bill Geddie's job on The View).

It will start this fall during the timeslot vacated by As the World Turns. Don't know if that will compete with The View in any or all markets.

Looking at the lineup, I don't see a draw like Debbie Matenopoulos, who tricked me into watching The View lo those many years ago.

Jennionthefarm

Jennionthefarm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2010 @ 9:08 PM

Love the thread title! I'll give it a shot, it has to be better than The View.

Peace05

Peace05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 28, 2010 @ 9:43 PM

I have always hoped that given a reasonable alternative that people will switch. I do fear that with the parade of Conservative hosts and the idiot host that the show's base is in the hands of conservative (and male) viewers and even if many fans switch there will be enough left to keep it going.

Bezique

Bezique

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 1:47 AM

Is a Scientologist Mom a mom first or a scientologist first? Guess we'll find out.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 7:17 AM

I have a hard time believing a person is sane and rational in all aspects of their life but then also just so happens to be a Scientologist. I think Leah has to the potential to be more insufferable than Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2010 @ 12:08 PM

I don't think I'll watch unless I'm VERY interested in a guest they may have on.

"The View' has PERMANENTLY turned me off from talking head shows with women as hosts.

I have to keep up with current events for my job. And half the time I find I know more about the facts of what they're talking about than they do when they're spouting off their uninformed opinions and spreading misinformation.

So unless the women on this new show present themselves as more intelligent than their competition, count me out. I'm not interested in watching people comment on issues they no nothing about. My time is more valuable than that.

Edited by selhars, Jul 30, 2010 @ 12:14 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2010 @ 11:33 PM

Is a Scientologist Mom a mom first or a scientologist first? Guess we'll find out.

It depends on the Scientologist, I suppose, but from what I've heard over the years their non-celeb hardcore people who sign up for their more militant programs basically give their kids away to the cult.

And really, other than Remini being a past employee and company loyalist to CBS, I have no clue why the producers of this mess would risk including her. They have to know that sooner or later some guest will probably come on and mouth off about Scientology (or even just have a past history of commenting on it), and Remimi has a past history of going apeshit and unloading on people who do that.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2010 @ 9:38 AM

Who knows why, but there has been interest in giving Remini her own talkshow for awhile. She did test runs on the Rachael Ray show.

I saw at Deadline.com that they hired a male executive producer. I expect the "mom" element they keep mentioning to be unimportant. Of course a daytime talkshow will have segments on parenting. I think they are just trying anything to distinguish themselves from The View, even though all the women on The View are mothers and parenting topics are raised every week.

Six hosts just doesn't work on T.V; it's a mess.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 12:24 AM

Who knows why, but there has been interest in giving Remini her own talkshow for awhile. She did test runs on the Rachael Ray show.

I seem to recall some reports that Remini was trying to butter up Ray to convert her to Scientology.

You know... the same thing she tried with J. Lo.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 12:50 AM

Leah Remini's voice really grates (to me). I like Sara Gilbert, but might not be able to listen to LR for more than a few minutes.

Box305

Box305

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 10:40 AM

Julie Chen bugs. I see her enough. I don't need to watch this.

ImEasy

ImEasy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 12:03 PM

It can't be any worse than "The View", with the three idiots over there and the schmuck in charge.

mcree

mcree

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 7:10 PM

Mark your calendars: the show "premieres Monday, Oct. 18 (airs weekdays 2:00-3:00 PM, ET / 1:00-2:00 PM, PT)".

In a separate report, "As far as scheduling goes, Chen, Gilbert, Osbourne, Robinson Peete and Remini will be full-time hosts, while Jaret Winokur will be out in the field and come in to report on certain segments".

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 9:02 AM

I think I'll stick with One Life to Live. The only woman on it that I like is Sharon Osbourne.

Bezique

Bezique

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 12:07 PM

I hang on Sharon Osborne's every syllable. She's my go-to expert on enabling drug use by my loved ones. It's no wonder she so popular! She judges our talent and now we'll get a mom's point of view from her. Ain't America grand?

Edited by Bezique, Aug 19, 2010 @ 12:39 PM.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

You know, it just occurred to me that having to listen to Holly Robinson Peete ,might be almost as painful as having to listen to Leah "Don't Yell Out 'Xenu' If You Are In My Audience" Remini.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 6:27 PM

<dusts off thread> Seeing the recurring promo for this show during episodes of Y&R and B&B actually makes this guy want to at least DVR the first episode or two. Mainly because if The View can often be a garbled mess with four hosts, this stands to become an epic trainwreck with six (including Marissa Jaret Winokur, who probably counts as half a host if she's merely recurring).

So. Over/under on it surviving past Easter?

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2010 @ 1:42 PM

Does anyone know why Bethenny Frankel is no longer involved with this? She was named as a co-host when it was first announced. So far, none of the press I've read for this has mentioned why she was replaced.

mcree

mcree

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2010 @ 12:58 AM

How 'The Talk' will be different than 'The View':

"I want this show to empower women," Bessey said. "I want this to be a host-driven show, where guests and the audience can have open and honest conversations with the show's co-hosts."

"The Talk" will air live from Los Angeles at 11 a.m. weekdays and fill the live East Coast 2 p.m. time period previously occupied by canceled soap opera "As the World Turns." It will be televised via tape at 2 p.m. in the other time zones

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2010 @ 10:31 AM

They'd love to get their mitts on her money. I like Rachel well enough, I doubt she is dumb enough to get involved with the crazies.

Does anyone know why Bethenny Frankel is no longer involved with this?

She probably thinks she is too big to share the stage.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Oct 13, 2010 @ 12:11 PM

Wow, a live show from LA. That's something new. I think I'm coming around and will give this show a try for a bit.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2010 @ 10:36 PM

Leah was on her good friend Chelsea Handler's show talking about the show and it sounds like she does not know her ass from a hole in the ground. She says she does not want to be in a political segment because she does not know anything about politics, and leave her out of interviewing celebrities because she does not care about anything a celebrity has to say. She does not think she will be able to clean up her moth because she swears so much. She really has her whole heart in it.
I was shocked she is such good friends with Handler, I did not think they could be friends with anyone who was not a clam.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 5:23 AM

Wow, a live show from LA. That's something new. I think I'm coming around and will give this show a try for a bit.

I saw this on a promo and was surprised too. Julie Chen was on Letterman hyping The Talk and he seemed soooo close to wanting to compare it to The View. I also think the "mommy" angle will be discarded quickly. Sure, they will mention their kids, but what is the point of it being a live show if you aren't going to discuss current events. I already set the DVR for Week One. They should also get decent celebs since they will be LA based.

Happyshooter

Happyshooter

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 10:37 AM

This looks like it is not going to last. I saw a promo where they were having the grade B costars each talk about how awesome Julie is. That smacks of fear at CBS HQ.

I also think given who Julie's husband is, and the fact she wants to still be a star but also be around for the kid, CBS will keep this on until they are down to one station still running it.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 1:54 PM

What's with that obnoxious promo with the hosts discussing their sex lives? So annoying.

I agree that this will probably stay on as feasibly possible as long as Julie's involved. It was obvious that this show was going to be picked up when I heard Julie was going to be part of it.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 6:45 PM

Mainly because if The View can often be a garbled mess with four hosts, this stands to become an epic trainwreck with six

I had no idea there were going to be so many hosts(?) until I saw a print ad for the show today. I can't imagine how that's going to work.

FunkyMusic

FunkyMusic

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 8:48 PM

As funny as the title of this thread is, I wonder if any Scientologists, lesbians or robots or moms might be offended.

I don't think they could come up with a more generic/copy cat title for this show if they tried. I smell a train wreck but I still will be watching like the demented couch potato I am.

Edited by FunkyMusic, Oct 14, 2010 @ 8:49 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2010 @ 11:39 PM

I was shocked she is such good friends with Handler, I did not think they could be friends with anyone who was not a clam.

I am not surprised they are friends because both are insufferable hags. This is also further proof that Jennifer Aniston is just as awful as she is also besties with Handler. I bet they all just sit around and talk shit about other women all day long when they are together.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2010 @ 8:02 AM

She says she does not want to be in a political segment because she does not know anything about politics, and leave her out of interviewing celebrities because she does not care about anything a celebrity has to say.

So, does this mean she also doesn't care about anything she, HERSELF has to say? Because, if she can't remember, she used to be on a show that ran for a few years, and some in the media might, might consider her a celebrity. What a maroon.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2010 @ 4:21 PM

"The Talk" will air live from Los Angeles at 11 a.m. weekdays and fill the live East Coast 2 p.m. time period previously occupied by canceled soap opera "As the World Turns." It will be televised via tape at 2 p.m. in the other time zones

I live on the West Coast [Seattle area] and it's not live in this market. The Comcast guide shows it airing from 1-2pm here. Bummer. I liked the idea of a live West Coast show.