Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

• Please log in to reply

569 replies to this topic

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:34 AM

Here's hoping it returns soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything concludes.

Anyone see Scooby Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon? It was a lot of fun.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 10:46 AM

We've got new episodes folks. Spoilers Below

Spoiler

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Spoiler

Methinks
Spoiler

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:01 PM

Not a double post!

I just saw "The Horrible Herd" in Spanish (from its airing in South America) and it's one heck of an ep!

Spoiler

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

Spoiler

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I saw the next two episodes in Spanish and we'll see
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That actually hadn't occured to me! I had seen it as a more generic
Spoiler

For the episode
Spoiler

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

According to the Digital Bits, the second half of Mystery Inc. is slated for DVD release on June 18th.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

New Episode!

Spoiler

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

Looks like Cartoon starts airing the episodes next week two at a time.

EDIT: Only on 3/25 are they airing two episodes.

Edited by benteen, Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:20 PM.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Another new episode!

Spoiler

Edited by lrdmordain, Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:41 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:06 PM

I did end up seeing it. That first episode was incoherent but that second episode, The Horrible Herd, was pretty awesome.

Edited by benteen, Mar 25, 2013 @ 6:02 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 1:43 AM

I'm starting to get a theory of why Gatorsburg is coming back to prominence after this ep....

Remember Velma's mother mentioned (in "Aliens Among Us") she believed there were a race of reptillians living beneath the Earth? Of course Gatorsburg had the gator "strike" which provided its bounty for over a hundred years until the gators "dried up". This cannot be a coincidence.

There's also the fact Porto the donkey ran there with the disc piece. Of all places, why there?

Senior LLave's grave is in Gatorsburg.

Brad and Judy have pretty much become irredeemable, which makes me question Mayor Jones's version of events with Freddy being kidnapped. I had wondered if maybe they had had dumped him with Jones for one reason or another because a baby was a burden to them. Perhaps more of an explanation will be forthcoming.

Poor Nova! I hope she recovers - but making those ominous statements about Nibiru are not encouraging.

I have no doubt the skull cattle will return, but what will happen in the meantime?

I'm also wondering about the conquistador the friars met when they arrived in Crystal Cove. Was he the Freak that the original Mystery Inc Gang met? I'm still convinced there were two Freaks: Mayor Jones during his ruse, and the real deal, who was speaking in rhyme. Or could he be Senior LLave? Or both?

SpiffyShindigs

SpiffyShindigs

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 2:44 AM

I'd say Nova
Spoiler
is the worse omen.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 4:45 AM

I'd say Nova

Spoiler
is the worse omen.

I saw the next few eps in Spanish and
Spoiler

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 7:53 PM

"Dance of the Undead" was really, really fun. It felt like an old-school Scooby Doo episode.

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

I liked the song the ska band played! Could have done wihout the Hex Girls, they always annoyed me. The second episode though, dang, busting out a missile and almost killing off a dog, not the Scooby Doo from my childhood!!

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:44 AM

So much musical meta!

Martha Quinn! Missed ya babe! You were my favorite Veejay!

Scritti Politti album in Esperanto! Ha!! If only.

The Hex Girls - and back in their original design - and even an explanation for it!!

Loved the voodoo makeup - or as Dusk deftly put it... "war paint"

A nod to "The Day The Music Died" - sort of. The plane crash part at least! Also - early 80s ska and no one other than Dave Wakeling performing it !! Bravo!!

Anyone find it odd that Shag & Scoob automatically go in disguise as women now?

Loved that Scooby head durig the finale of the battle of the bands! For a couple of guys who admit to being tone deaf, they sure knew how to rock out!

Didn't hear much of either song the bands were playing - was it just me or were they both just singing the same chorus over and over again? We used to get more than that in an episode of The Impossibles!

The disk is changing? What the heck? The notes appeared out of nowhere and they match up to the original Mystery Inc's "theme song" which played whenever they opened their pendants! I just knew that would come back into play at some point!

The "second key" is a conquistador's helmet. Hmm...

Nova - what's going on?

The song from "Battle of the Humonganauts"! Strange to bring it back now - but "Words Get Caught In my Throat" is actually a cute song.

Mamma Cass cameo as one of the dancing zombies!

Bring on the Devourer! Rick Spartan and Cachinga return to Crystal Cove for this one!!

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

Pericles is one sick bastard and Fred's parents aren't much better. Mayor Jones is looking better all the time, if that's possible.

The "voice" of Nova last episode was none other than Amy Acker.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 8:37 AM

Peracles means business! First he bitch slaps Ricky like a two bit lackey, then places mutant cobra larve into Ricky's spine to keep him under control! Something tells me Ricky's not going to be around much longer.

I have a hunch Brad & Judy are planning to turn on Peracles. Peracles himself described them as "an enigma" which I took to mean even he wasn't sure what they were capable of.

Loved the big "awww moment" when Fred finally took Daphne's hand! Their relationship troubles have been dragged out a bit too long but at least it seems to have been resolved.

So the keys are:

• A 17th century flintlock pistol

• A 17th century Conquistador's helmet

• An ancient Mayan bowl

How will these help our gang fight Nibiru?

Pericles is one sick bastard and Fred's parents aren't much better. Mayor Jones is looking better all the time, if that's possible.

Agreed. I still do not want to see former Mayor Jones having an easy road to redemption. Even though Fred seems to appreciate the negative attention he had growing up, (since it was better than nothing) he shouldn't be ready to hug daddy dearest either.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:51 AM

Weird. All this ranting about the dog and the dead guy is focusing on the wrong damned animal: it's the parrot that's gotta croak.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

Now we're getting down to the wire!

The "Vacation" family is back again!

At last an explanation as to why animals like Scooby & Peracles can talk, but others can't... they're descendents of The Annakki!

Which also explains what Nibiru is.. an evil Annakki who can never be released.

A Twin Peaks reference? I'm speechless - at least the dancing dwarf wasn't speaking backwards!

The main plot was a bit silly even by this show's standards - probably about par with the stolen doorknob mystery. The women can't be THAT frustrated to run off so quickly from their significant others! Especially the Vacation mom.

I also have trouble buying that the Highwayman would believe the Dinkley's were rich once he saw their modest home.

Weird about the Blakes choosing to vacation at home. With all the money they have, you'd think they'd own an island somewhere - or at least purchase a private beachfront.

Now another key - a piece of cloth - or is it something else? They never did specify - or is it the book itself?

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Do the Blakes ever really leave the house?? Fake beach in some random room, sports-car in the dining room, and apparently Mrs. Blake likes to shop by catalog (isn't that what Daphne said is the only thing she likes to read?).

Twin Peaks meets Scooby-Doo. Damn.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

Loved the Twin Peaks reference. This show has been good with them although this was one of the better ones.

Definitely an odd episode but I liked it.

The women can't be THAT frustrated to run off so quickly from their significant others! Especially the Vacation mom.

Seriously, she abandoned her kid. Granted, the kid was a brat but still...

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:14 AM

Do the Blakes ever really leave the house??

They do leave the house occasionally, but it seems they never leave Crystal Cove. In the Crybaby Clown ep, Daphne tells Baylor Hotner how she'd never gone further than Gatorsburg. I found that odd since as wealthy as her parents are, one would think they'd been around the world 5 times over by now!

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Really good episode. Loved the premise...like something out of the Twilight Zone. Good Fred episode too. He's been fairing better lately.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

I have just seen the Spanish dub of "Nightmare in Red". I couldn't understand everything but here's the gist:

One thing I hadn't noticed during "Stand & Deliver" was
Spoiler

Thee is also use of a famous old HB sound effect when the gang
Spoiler

Edited by magicdog, Mar 30, 2013 @ 12:20 PM.

Hayze

Hayze

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 12:49 PM

*Spoilers ahoy.*

"I'm guessing not all the people were evil by choice so much as having been possessed. There seem to be kind words exchanged between Fred and Mayor Jones - it's possible Fred may have been raised by a [monster] who possessed his dad and that Jones wouldn't have really treated him as badly as we thought."

I watched the ep in Spanish and understood most of it. Fred forgave his father in spite the fact that the ex-mayor kidnapped his son and lied to him his entire life. As for the possession theory, I think it's more complicated than that. Fred Jones, Sr. explained that the "spirits" trapped in between dimensions are actually their "good selves", which means Fred was raised by the mostly negative version of his father, not a monster. The short author was reunited with his "good self" and basically became whole. The victims are still the same people despite missing important pieces of themselves, but I think the English ep will make more sense anyway.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 6:19 PM

I just saw The Man in the Mirror and I never thought I'd type these words but...Mayor Jones was a better father to Fred then his real parents ever were.

Edited by lrdmordain, Apr 1, 2013 @ 6:21 PM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

Another really good episode where the gang goes into this dimension and learn a lot. I liked Fred getting to see the best of Mayor Jones. They're building a nice, epic storyline here.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

Last night was the first time I heard the show in English and when I checked the credits - they brought back Michael J. Anderson as the voice of Prof. Kharon/Dancing Dwarf!!

Well done!

BTW - I wonder if Kharon's name is a variant on Charon, the ferryman of the dead in Greek mythology? If so, another meta bonus!

Hearing it in English makes it a bit easier to understand the particulars, especially the fact that the gang (and their mystery solving forebears) were being manipulated to release the evil entity! I had thought the reason for the periodic groupings was to prevent his release. Very sneaky indeed!

More interesting is that the gang might not likely have ever been friends if not for said manipulation! Rather sad thought, but no less compelling. Nova mentioned that if the entity is destroyed, all will be undone - but how much gets undone? Does that mean nothing up to now has ever happened? What about the displaced halves of the other victims?

I appreciate the show is giving more of a valid reason to accept Mayor Jones and Fred's reconcilliation, but if Mayor Jones's half returns to his body - will that make much difference? Can it really make up for all that happened up to now?

Or if the gang is successful, perhaps we'll see the gang who are now strangers to one another decide to reintroduce themselves and become friends anyway?

On another front, seeing Velma's breakdown. It makes sense that the most logical and scientific of the group is forced to face that there are some things science cannot explain. However, wouldn't she have thought something supernatural was up when she and the gang met with Friar Sera's ghostly warning in "Theatre Of Doom"?

Edited by magicdog, Apr 3, 2013 @ 10:32 AM.