Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

• Please log in to reply

570 replies to this topic

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Everything CN done to their shows is weird, Young Justice starts at beginning of 2011, and end 1 and 1/2 year later. This show's schedule is a bit weird, although I can't wait for it to come back, already saw the 1st one online, oy, CN just needs to get going here.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

So far I could only view eps 4 & 5 and oh boy!!

Spoiler

CN: you still suck!!

Edited by magicdog, Jun 7, 2012 @ 4:53 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

Not a double post!

Breaking news:

SDMI will premiere Season 2 on CN July 10th according to tumblr. The time is unknown for now so take it for what it is.

This is the intended schedule:

July 10th - Episode 27: “The Night the Clown Cried”
July 17th - Episode 28: “House of the Nightmare Witch”
July 24th - Episode 29: “The Night the Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom”
July 31st - Episode 30: “Web of Dreamweaver”
August 7th - Episode 31: “The Hodag of Horror”

No thanks to the fools at CN I have seen all these eps (as did all of the UK!) and they're quite good. More intrigue is definitely on the way.

OK - I admit, TNTCC I saw at the CN website. So they have that one.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Magicdog,

Once you've seen episodes 2 and 3, I've got a spoilerish question for you.

Spoiler

Edited by lrdmordain, Jun 10, 2012 @ 2:35 AM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Spoiler

lrdmordain I totally agree with you. There should have been a mention in passing that the
Spoiler

Spoiler

The term,
Spoiler
I'm hoping a flashback will be shown at some point to explain it. I'm guessing when the gang fell apart at the end of last season, Velma felt betrayed and alone and decided to
Spoiler

I was a tad suprised to see
Spoiler
I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

honorableninja

honorableninja

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

hate to break it you all but it now airing the week of july 30 at 2pm all five episodes over those five days that we have titles for anyway.

i got the soucre off toonzone.net forums schelude which is usually right.

sigh it offical scooby doo mystery incorpated has probably been cancelled and now cartoon network wants to burn it off
as quickly as possible.

Edited by honorableninja, Jun 30, 2012 @ 2:26 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 4:06 AM

scooby doo mystery incorpated has probably been cancelled and now cartoon network wants to burn it off
as quickly as possible.

I don't see it as cancelled so much as having run the course of its committment. The show was given 2 full seasons (52 eps) so it was meant to end.

I do agree the show was treated horribly and it deserves better.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

Well, according to the TV Guide website Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated FINALLY makes its debut tomorrow at two o'clock. Looks like they're going to show the first half of the first season over the next two-to-three weeks. I've set my DVR. I have no idea what CN and this show's problem is. Their scheduling has been bizarre to say the least.

honorableninja

honorableninja

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

it three weeks which means 15 new episodes and if i recall they said this was an 26 episode season meaning pretty much half will air over the next three weeks.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

I finally saw the first episode. It's nice to have Scooby Doo MI back, as bizarre as ever. It definitely was pretty dark but I enjoyed it and I give it credit for going against the usual formula in this episode.

It still takes some getting used to seeing Scooby all brave and take charge. The Taylor Lautner spoof was pretty funny and I did like Daphne name-dropping Rorshach. I thought originally it was Mayor Jones in disguise.

Happyshooter

Happyshooter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

This really ticks me off. They are only playing at 2pm, so those of us with jobs are screwed.

CN sucks

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

This really ticks me off. They are only playing at 2pm, so those of us with jobs are screwed.

Lucky for me I can catch the show when I get off work. If anyone has a dish or their cable provider offers two separate feeds of CN, you might have a shot. Hopefully the eps will be rerun on weekends.

Yes, CN does suck!

Just caught the Baba Yaga episode! Good thing the creators used actual details of the Baba Yaga legend (yes, it's a Russian folk tale meant to warn children about walking into stranger's homes) including the chicken legs!!

I am loving the conspiracy with Marcy (aka Hot Dog Water) and Mr. E. . It's obvious he got her out of the pokey and is likely blackmailing her to follow his orders. I'm also guessing he's manipulating her desire for friendship with her peers and being useful, something she didn't really have before.

Loved seeing her and Velma going all "Entrapment" at the Russian Museum during the teaser. I only wish the gang would do stuff like that more often!

I'm curious we haven't had any update on Ed Machine from Destroido. We saw him getting fried by Peracles in last season's finale but no update on his condition.
Spoiler

I still HATE how Freddy is being made into a royal nutcase! He's talking to "Mr. Trapples" and is obsessed with Daphne to the point of dressing Trapples like her! Even Shag & Scoob are freaked out about it - as they should be.
I also don't like how Fred is so slovenly since his return to his house. His bedroom in Season One was cluttered with traps but appeared to be clean otherwise, so it doesn't make sense to have him leaving pizza boxes and dirty laundry everywhere. Which reminds me, who's paying the bills? The Former Mayor is in [prison]. I'm suprised there is even a house for him to go back to.

I admit I did enjoy that line about Velma questioning Fred & Shag & Scooby about how long they had been watching her, and Fred says, "You know how the concept of time confuses me!"

Daphne has dolphins!!

Another nice touch was mentioning how Vronsky (hee!) was a former member of Spetsnaz (the Russian equivalent to Green Berets/Navy Seals). How often do you come across that bit of knowledge in an American toon? Much less an SD toon!

Now, Peracles has two pieces of the disk and the gang has one, leaving three more out there somewhere.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Good episode. I'm enjoyed the storyline that they've been building since last season and I like Hot Dog Water getting into the mix. More Mr. E stuff too, which is cool. I have to say I am enjoying the fact that I can watch a new episode every day. That's the way cartoons used to be.

I still HATE how Freddy is being made into a royal nutcase! He's talking to "Mr. Trapples" and is obsessed with Daphne to the point of dressing Trapples like her! Even Shag & Scoob are freaked out about it - as they should be.

Yeah, Fred is being portrayed as a complete pyschopath and it's stuff like this that makes this show seem like it is a parody of classic Scooby-Doo.

Edited by benteen, Jul 31, 2012 @ 6:12 PM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Fun episode with the team coming back together and Fred coming up big at the end.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

Fred coming up big at the end.

Exactly! I wish Fred could have more moments like that instead of "Mr. Trapples"/Daphne obsession jokes.

Just rewatched the "Web of the Dreamweaver":

Anyone else catch the change in the opening credits which features Marcy and her holding (and embracing) a picture of Velma???? Whoa!

Great little spoof of not only D&D players/nerds, but references to the 80s film, "Labyrinth".

I have trouble believing Shaggy was ever a C&C nerd. Stranger still would be even Scooby not being aware of it. I see him being into superhero comics, pirates and of course, Vincent Van Ghoul movies, but not nerd fantasy games.

Nice little flashback with a cameo by Professor Ruffalo from Season 1!!

Being a little nitpicky about the flashback to Stone's childhood, but shouldn't the kids have called little Bronson, "Little Sheriff" since Sheriff IS his real first name?? Then again, Shaggy doesn't go by his given name either, so....

Nice animation on the imagined world of C&C. In some ways I think it's also a nod to the LOTR films.

Loved the scene in which Keisterbaum's mansion exploded! It's a cliche but I loved seeing the gang getting thrown by the force of the explosion.

The dream entrance device was a bit of a stretch but this is SDMI.

I hated seeing the gang giving the boot to Marcy. Despite Mr. E. and Marcy using it to manipulate Velma, Velma should feel guilty about it. Sure, having her around was a bit redundant (From JLU: "We don't need two stretchy guys!") but the gang really didn't have to let her go just because Daph came back. I'm curious as to how she and Ricky are going to use this against the gang.

Mr. & Mrs. Chiles have finally arrived! OK, I'm getting WAY suspicious now. Based on the conversation between Mr. E & Cassidy, there's got to be more to their appearance in town than merely wanting to see Fred after all these years. Not to mention (as stated in TNTCC Part II) the original Mystery Inc gang wasn't so goody goody as their successors! What did they do? Plus, if Mr. E. is telling the truth, lives apparently depend on all these secrets they've been keeping.

I'm really looking forward to how this will ultimately play out!

Edited by magicdog, Aug 2, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Anyone else catch the change in the opening credits which features Marcy and her holding (and embracing) a picture of Velma???? Whoa!

Yeah, I didn't expect them to go in that direction.

I thought the gang came across as jerks for the way they dumped Marcy.

Another fun episode with the cool Nightmare on Elm Street dreamscape environment. I got a kick out of seeing Sheriff Bronson Stone as a kid. Good bit at the end with Fred's parents coming back. Mr. E did pretty much set it up by saying "they're coming back."

I agree that there's no way Scooby wouldn't know that Shaggy played that game. But he was in the dark about Shaggy and Velma for a while too.

Edited by benteen, Aug 2, 2012 @ 10:12 PM.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

I do kind of think they cheated a little bit with this episode. We, as the audience, are shown the villain walking out of the fire after the bank owner crashed his car into it. Since we know the bank owner was really the bad guy behind it all, showing both him and the "monster" together was something of a cheat in my mind.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

I thought this was a fun episode and a fun case. Even Fred seemed more on his game. Scooby's Lady and the Tramp storyline was enjoyable.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

Scooby's Lady and the Tramp storyline was enjoyable.

It was cute! It makes me wonder; if Nova sticks around, maybe the romance issues with Shaggy & Velma will be solved by this development. Both Shag & Scoob would have a girlfriend and therefore, double date without the jealousy and awkwardness that interfered before.

Nice nod to "Hellraiser" with that puzzlebox and [off cam] Pinhead appearing at the Sheriff's door! Too bad the other victims in the Hellraiser movies didn't just slam the door shut!!

Besides the Rhinelander, WI legend of the Hodag, it seems the writers were looking to spoof the 80s flick, "Something Wicked This Way Comes". The mysterious wagon appearing in town, the bizarre demeanor of "Gene Shephard" (who was the Wisconsin prankster who introduced the world to the Hodag IRL) and Shephard being told by the cheese to come to Crystal Cove all point to that film.

I'm still suspicious of the Chiles'. Thier demeanor is different from how we saw them in the flashbacks and I wonder if they aren't either impostors or under some sort of influence.

What could the old Mystery Inc. gang be hiding? Why would they agree to help Peracles? Two more pieces of the disk are still out there and Peracles obviously doesn't want the kids to get them. Is it really because he wants some sort of treasure, or could it be he (or Ricky) want to prevent something from getting out of control?

ETA:

Yay! New episode titles! Looks like the show will still be airing daily beginning next week. CN is burning off the second season.

Spoiler

Edited by magicdog, Aug 4, 2012 @ 10:39 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

I'm checking my channel guide and I can't find Mystery Inc. on next week. I checked TV Guide's website and it states no television listings for the next 14 days. Have they changed the scheduling yet again?!

Edited by benteen, Aug 4, 2012 @ 10:09 AM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

It's all on CN's website. No episode descriptions yet, just episode titles. Still airing at 2pm EST/11amPST

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

Okay, thanks. I'll set my DVR for that time.

honorableninja

honorableninja

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

i am having a bit of a panic attack right now according to the comcast channel guide for monday tom and jerry tales is playing at 2 and beside what new scooby doo no other scooby progamming isn't anywhere on the list.

someone please tell me that this is a mistake on comcast part but i might go insane if it the truth because it proves cartoon network is run by people who love screwing with their viewers!

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

My Dish Network schedule shows the new episode on Monday at 11.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

My DVR udpated the other day, stating that Scooby Doo will be on this weekend. Still weird though.

Matthew Lillard, the voice of Shaggy is going to be in Trouble with the Curve next month. That movie marks Clint Eastwood's return to acting. That's a pretty nice gig there.

Bleu

Bleu

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Well, it's on at the same time as last week.

Mybrainhurts

Mybrainhurts

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

On Direct TV, it shows being on today at 2PM.

honorableninja

honorableninja

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

my mistake the comcast guide is just wrong for some stupid reason biggest clue is tomrrow schecule lacks the one hour dhow to train your dragon tv series sneak peek which had gotten far more commerical time than scooby doo.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

I didn't get today's episode. I just didn't like it. Though it further confirms that Fred's parents are up to no good. Poor Fred.

Edited by benteen, Aug 7, 2012 @ 7:32 AM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 4:12 AM

I didn't get today's episode. I just didn't like it.

It was essentially a spoof of pop artist Andy Warhol, Warhol's "Factory" and his "Superstars"(which was a bunch of bohemian eccentrics he groomed for his movies and other arty endeavors). Not to mention other "artists" who thought just a pile of dung qualified as "modern art", and the tools who believed it.

Though it further confirms that Fred's parents are up to [no] good. Poor Fred.

Unless they come through for him, Fred's going to have a nervous breakdown like never seen before! Mayor Jones' actions were bad enough, but for Brad & Judy to hurt him too?

Cassidy's comment about the Chiles' putting Fred first for a change was interesting. It makes me wonder if Brad & Judy willingly give him up as "hostage" to Mayor Jones. Perhaps having a baby at such a young age was overwhelming for them and the Mayor's threats were enough to want to unload him.

I also think Cassidy chose not to take up Peracles on his offer, whatever it was. That could explain why Brad & Judy were so cold to her. Plus, I'm looking forward to her new radio broadcasts (although I shudder to think what the rest of the original Mystery Inc. gang will do about it).