Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

• Please log in to reply

569 replies to this topic

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 5:14 PM

Meh. Stone's a lawman, first and foremost. He'd probably try to do both jobs if he became mayor. Now THAT would be comical! :)

RockSunner

RockSunner

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

I think Mr. Avocados has a fair chance to be mayor if a new election were held after Mayor Jones' arrest. The only thing against him was evidence turned up by Mystery Inc. that his father was a diamond thief. With the old Mayor in custody, any cases solved by his foster son to his political advantage would be suspect.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 6:05 AM

I think Mr. Avocados has a fair chance to be mayor if a new election were held after Mayor Jones' arrest. The only thing against him was evidence turned up by Mystery Inc. that his father was a diamond thief. With the old Mayor in custody, any cases solved by his foster son to his political advantage would be suspect.

This is an excellent observation!! Mayor Jones had a rival in Avacados who was very much interested in taking over the mayorship. With Jones now exposed for what he's done, not only will he likely be ousted as mayor, but the gang's earlier cases could be voided and the past suspects released. Can anyone say revenge??

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 6:26 PM

What does the mayor being arrested have anything to do with the gang's earlier cases being voided? Those villains committed crimes that had nothing to do with Mayor Jones, who, of course, committed his own crime.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 1:22 AM

What does the mayor being arrested have anything to do with the gang's earlier cases being voided?

It's possible that since Freddy is seen as Mayor Jones' son, it's possible that the populace at large might think he had a hand in the other mysteries and that the previous arrests might be subject to question. Sort of like when someone in CSI screws up in the lab on one case, then all their other cases get reopened to check for errors.

Or, perhaps think that Mayor Jones may have set up those blamed for the crimes the Mystery Inc. team solved. I can totally see Avacados using this in a campaign to get elected should it turn out he plans on taking the mayorship.

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

I don't know about that, since it's one of the Unspoken Rules in Scooby Doo that the perpetrators usually confess their crimes right out in front of everyone, especially the law. Remember: (After confessing how they did their crime) "And if it weren't for you meddling kids, I would've gotten away with it, too!" :) It's pretty hard for any lawyer to then say, "How'd we know that the Mayor wasn't involved in this!?" in court. Plus, well, the villain's pretty much screwed when they're unmasked right there...

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 1:37 PM

I don't know about that, since it's one of the Unspoken Rules in Scooby Doo that the perpetrators usually confess their crimes right out in front of everyone, especially the law. Remember: (After confessing how they did their crime) "And if it weren't for you meddling kids, I would've gotten away with it, too!" :) It's pretty hard for any lawyer to then say, "How'd we know that the Mayor wasn't involved in this!?" in court. Plus, well, the villain's pretty much screwed when they're unmasked right there...

To be fair I don't expect this show to go into researching law, but.....

All the lawyer would need is reasonable doubt and a jury might choose to acquit. Just planting the suggestion into the locals' minds would be enough to damage the case, confession or no. The vilian could claim they were coerced to confess or to leave Mayor Jones' name out of it. At the very least it would throw a shadow over Mystery Inc.'s activities since Freddy was part of the group.

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 3:27 PM

Coerced? Said villain would have to overcome eyewitness testimony (i.e. the rest of the gang's, not just Fred's, and not to mention the Sheriff himself). Said villain would have to prove there was a conspiracy of sorts. If I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd have to favor the prosecution. No villain in season one could claim that the mayor was somehow involved. After all, we "saw" the end results. Maybe you can pick any one villain who could claim anything that the mayor "helped" them do more than the others? :?

Edited by sagg, Aug 15, 2011 @ 5:17 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2011 @ 2:28 PM

I checked the list of September premieres for CN and unfortunately SDMI isn't on it. Looks like we'll have to hope for October.

Ironically, they will be running the latest SD DTV, "Legend of the Phantosaur" .

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 3:55 PM

Found a villain yet, magicdog? ;)

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 4:26 PM

Found a villain yet, magicdog? ;)

No one and everyone :oP

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 6:42 AM

I checked the CN list of October premieres and unfortunately no SDMI

They couldn't possibly expect to do this in November do they? Or worse, would they wait until January?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 2:06 AM

I thought they said that they would wait until next year?? That's the impression I was getting when it was being renewed.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 10:39 AM

I thought they said that they would wait until next year?? That's the impression I was getting when it was being renewed.

I had not heard this. The show was already greenlit for two seasons (52 eps) before it's CN premiere. It was mentioned at Comic Con this past summer that the show could get renewed for a third if the ratings were good enough and the show's creators were prepared to go with a storyline if that's a go.

November sweeps is coming up so they could decide to run the premiere then. When the holiday season begins, the network will likely not premiere anything until January. Right now, all we can do is wait and keep checking the schedules.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2011 @ 4:28 PM

I just checked CN's list of November premieres and unfortunately, SDMI is still not on it.

They're skipping Nov. sweeps, and I doubt they'll debut it in December (all those christmas specials and whatnot) so we may not see season 2 debut until January.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2011 @ 5:04 AM

Good news: SDMI is coming back to CN with it's second full season!!

Bad news: We have to wait until May!!

Screw You CN!! Making viewers wait until nearly a full year after the season finale aired for the beginning of the second season is just bad for business! Do you want to be usurped by the Canadian toon channels again?

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2011 @ 9:35 AM

Yeah, good going CN. Have hit series, have the episodes waiting, but then go: "Let's wait and air it. and put on more reruns to fill in the gaps." I swear that CN and AMC are ran by the same people.

sagg

sagg

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 25, 2011 @ 8:34 PM

YES!! I sincerely hope then that Teletoon will show the new episodes so I can see them on www.watchcartoononline before they're shown on Cartoon Network. It would serve CN right if they get low ratings because so many fans know what's happened. I suspect this could happen.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:33 AM

Finally we have a title and summary for the Season 2 premiere:

"The Night the Clown Cried"

With the gang split up, Crystal Cove is being tormented by an evil-man-baby called Crybaby Clown!

Screencaps:

Scooby on the farm

Fred Shaggy & Scooby

Crybaby Clown!

Crybaby Clown chasing Fred

Shaggy Scooby & Velma

Velma & Fred

Daphne and possible new boyfriend

Daphne goes for a drive with a guy

I think we can infer from these pix that
Spoiler

Edited by magicdog, Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:34 AM.

Soulonfire

Soulonfire

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

The season premier is available via CN OnDemand.

It's pretty, well, dark with some bits of humor. Quite a few jokes at Fred's expense. The ending is rather unexpected. Some mentions of the overarching mystery, but the main focus is on the clown. Not a bad episode, but hope it lightens up a bit soon.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

Signed up for it at CN. Whoo hoo!

This is a darker than usual episode.

I do hate the fact that Fred is yet again the butt of jokes. Considering the events of the season finale, I had hoped we'd moved past that and get a bit more serious.

Spoiler

Edited by magicdog, Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:32 PM.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

This is a darker than usual episode.

Possibly too dark, IMO. I love that this Scooby Doo is deeper and more sophisticated than previous incarnations, but this episode felt like it was straying a bit too far from what I expect from the series, you know? Or maybe I'm just bitter because I had to look this up 'on demand' rather than my TiFaux just automatically recording every episode of the series as I'd instructed!

I did enjoy parts of it a lot, and thought the affectionately snarky digs at Twilight's Taylor Lautner were really funny. I'm ridiculously psyched that the show is finally back, but I hope future episodes have a slightly less dark and depressing tone.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Looks like, "The Night the Clown Cried" has been yanked from CN's site.

I guess it was a boo-boo on their part? Or were they trying to stir up interest for next month's actual premiere?

Edited by magicdog, Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:54 AM.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

I just saw "The Night the Clown Cried" so spoiler thoughts below.

Spoiler

MagicDog
Spoiler

Anyone want to take the easy that Cry Baby Clown is really
Spoiler

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:34 PM

Spoiler

That's what bugged me. After what happened in the finale I was looking forward to seeing a little more seriousness with
Spoiler

Anyone want to take the easy that Cry Baby Clown

Spoiler

Probably. I suppose we'll all discover that
Spoiler

Edited by magicdog, Apr 13, 2012 @ 1:35 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

Is Season 2 going to start airing on CN in May?

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

once source had it for May 3rd but CN's site doesn't have it scheduled for broadcast at anytime the first week of May. In fact no date listed there at all - just "May, 2012".

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

According to an updated post on TZ, it seems SDMI will return to the schedule on CN May 13th, but it doesn't appear to be the regular slot. Perhaps they're doing a marathon to prep for the actual premiere but I can't tell since there are no ep titles.

Here's what the lineup had for CN that afternoon (emphasis mine):

01:30PM EST - The Amazing World of Gumball (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, May 13th only)
02:00PM EST - The Amazing World of Gumball (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, May 13th only)
02:30PM EST - Johnny Test (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, May 13th only)
03:00PM EST - Johnny Test (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, May 13th only)
03:30PM EST -MAD (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, May 13th only)

I wouldn't be surprised if CN decides to air this show on Saturday mornings either before or after DC Nation.

Edited by magicdog, May 2, 2012 @ 3:42 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

SDMI is finally airing new episodes this Saturday!!

Unfortunately it will be in the UK.

We do get some episode titles to tide us over:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, I don't have any episode descriptions for them.

In case I haven't mentioned it before... CN, you suck!!

Edited by magicdog, May 28, 2012 @ 1:49 PM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

I've heard supposedly that it's being move to July. The way CN treats this show is bizarre. Much like the show itself.