DC Cupcakes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

156 replies to this topic

davout1806

davout1806

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

This has to be one of the worst shows on tv. The sisters and their mommy are horrible. TLC has no taste at all, and yet they give these losers specials on the air.

howmanywords

howmanywords

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

I went to the NYC location the other day. The sisters are horrible on TV but I've always been intrigued by the looks of the cupcakes. The demand there seems WAY less than what we see on TV for the DC store. There was no line at all, just 4 people in the store and I was able to get a seat at one of the tables immediately. The cupcake was actually delicious - easily the best I've had so far in NYC except for the now departed Cupcake Stop. It will be interesting to see how they continue to do with the store there. As I said the cupcakes were really good but NY is also very crowded in terms of gourmet cupcakes.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

I went to the NYC location the other day. The sisters are horrible on TV but I've always been intrigued by the looks of the cupcakes. The demand there seems WAY less than what we see on TV for the DC store.

Yesterday my wife watched the special for this show when they opened up a store in NY and I was half asleep on the couch. Towards the end I had to walk away since it was probably the most scripted fake reality show on tv (and I watch and like Pawn Stars). I mean all the drama about how they were still actually building the bakery with one day to go before their grand opening and worrying if they would make it or not. I do not believe for a second that you can open a business, especially a food service industry business, if you are still actually building it the day before. The amount of inspections and reviews and licence you would need to arrange, once you were done not to only let people in the door, but to actually say the place could legally sell food would take way longer than that. Not to mention if they were still building the place the day before, actually getting the baking equipment in and set up and tested to make sure things like your ovens work would take way more than a day. I mean do you really want to sell the first batch of cupcakes that comes out of that kitchen, not knowing how the water is, or if the ovens get enough power, or if your suppliers give you good ingredients?

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

Did anyone catch the episode that played today? Was it the start of a new season or was it just a special?

Leigh3

Leigh3

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 8:32 AM

Can not believe how disrespectful and rude Sophie was to her mother. She sat there and blamed her mom as the reason Katherine did not let them know she was in labor. I know much of the dialog is "for show", but it would be hard to forget what Sophie if I was her mother. @chrissytd it looks to have been a special since I don't see it on the schedule for next week. Congrats to Katherine and Ben on Isis' arrival.

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 10:13 AM

I didn't watch it, but based on a radio advert I heard for it the other day, I think it was just a special.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 11:11 AM

Never watched this before (though I did go to their SoHo shop...delicious!). The pregnant girl would not lift a finger and kept carrying around that stupid robot baby. Ugh! And the other sister blaming Mom for not being their for the delivery? These women are insufferable. The globe was ugly as shit too. Thank goodness someone there has a good recipe at least.