Sherlock UK

• Please log in to reply

9668 replies to this topic

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 7:21 PM

Sherlock fans who are watching on the U.S. schedule, season 3 premieres tonight. We have a brand new forum for it (and UK schedule viewers are welcome to post, provided they don't spoil people). For some reason, the new forum is not yet linked in the forum pulldown menu. I have already reported this and (after posting this) will remind the staff that the new forum still needs to be added to the pulldown.

In the meantime, if you want to discuss Sherlock on the U.S. schedule, please come over to the new forum.

Edited by TWoP Pembleton, Jan 19, 2014 @ 9:56 PM.

Peace_47

Peace_47

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 3:05 PM

I've liked that Loudest Subtext site for a while now. That's one writer with a lot of ideas and a great flair for expressing them. I wish I had her eye for detail and interpretation. I'd never be bored again.

Ah, I went and read the site over the past few weeks, and now I'm a total believer (or at least enjoying the possibility of believing) in the endgame being true love. What can I say? Like John, I'm a romantic.

And with that and with this site closing in a few weeks, I'd just like to say how much I really, really enjoyed this thread during the hiatus (when it seemed as though God had forsaken us and the show would never come back) and during the airing of season 3. I liked reading the insights of those who had expert knowledge in the books, was grateful to those who posted spoiler links for season 3 (as I was relatively useless in sussing those out) and tremendously enjoyed reading people's interpretations of the show. So thanks for a very entertaining time, all. Peace, out. :-)

GothamCity

GothamCity

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 8:45 PM

Ditto Peace! This thread was great.

creme

creme

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 9:36 PM

My same sentiments, Peace. I've so enjoyed this forum. Hope to find everyone together again on another forum where we can discuss Sherlock...

Edited by creme, Mar 29, 2014 @ 9:37 PM.

Celeste999

Celeste999

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 12:46 PM

Yeah, thanks from me too, to everyone for their insights and knowledge. It's generally been a lot of fun and it's hard to believe the end is nigh.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:45 PM

I've just read the news and I'm shocked... Actually, unable to form sentence...

I do not have twitter account, nor facebook page, THIS was my internet world for sharing and discussing... Where am I going to find any of you to talk with?! IMHO, the only fun, funny and smart site that is/was!

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:52 PM

Try previously.tv many TWoPpers have gone there and it's quite similar. It takes a little getting used to the format, but so far it's been good.

ImNotLeesa

ImNotLeesa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

Completely agree with Peace said:

And with that and with this site closing in a few weeks, I'd just like to say how much I really, really enjoyed this thread during the hiatus (when it seemed as though God had forsaken us and the show would never come back) and during the airing of season 3. I liked reading the insights of those who had expert knowledge in the books, was grateful to those who posted spoiler links for season 3 (as I was relatively useless in sussing those out) and tremendously enjoyed reading people's interpretations of the show. So thanks for a very entertaining time, all.

I really enjoyed the discussions that went on here, and reading all the different interpretations of scenes and characters. I'd hoped we could all check in here during the hiatus, and  I'll miss being able to chat here when S4 finally airs. 

Like others, I did sign up over at previously.tv (poster name Hannah Lee) so maybe we'll run into each other over there too as time goes on.

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 5:21 PM

I'd also like to say how much I enjoyed reading all your thoughts about the show.  You guys are so insightful and funny. I'm hoping that previously.tv becomes the new TWoP but this news of TWoP's closing has still really made me sad.  I've been a member of TWoP for 11 years.  I love TV and I love discussing it and this was definitely the best site to do that with fellow TV-lovers.

bigseach

bigseach

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 7:31 PM

An interesting talk on Sherlock.  Look for a certain photo bomb impression. 

http://www.rts.org.uk/sherlock-anatomy-hit-–-event-report-and-video