Awards for Nurse Jackie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 9:07 AM

My biggest disappointment with the Emmy nominations this morning is that Merritt Weaver isn't nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy. In my opinion Holland Taylor stole her nomination. However, Nurse Jackie is up for Best Casting, so I suppose that includes Merritt.

Congrats to the show on the rest of their nominations, especially Edie Falco.

Floridabound

Floridabound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 9:26 AM

What about this show makes it a comedy? The hysterical storylines? The drop dead funny dialogue? The baggy pants comedic characters? The knee slapping hilarity of the suffocation of a bad marriage and a boring husband and the drugs needed to cope with both?

Then again, if Tara rocks the joint with laughter, so does Jackie. Very odd. Which idiots decided these shows are comedies?

Well, at any rate, Falco deserves an award, period.

Oh, and is there a reason the stick a knife in my eye non-acting, non-funny Shaloub is nominated again?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

Has there ever been a half hour show classified as a drama? I don't think so.

Floridabound

Floridabound

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

Really? That's what makes it a comedy? So there can be death and mayhem and drug addiction and fractured children, but TPTB decide that based on the fact that it's 30 minutes, it's a comedy?

Wow. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Thanks, though, braggtastic, for the explanation. That doesn't explain how Shaloub got his, ahem, comedy awards because he wasn't up against the big boys of drama, but there you go.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2010 @ 4:43 PM

It is a big shame Merritt wasn't nominated. It is definitely not the writing that makes the character so funny and delightful, but entirely Merritt's performance.

x1013x

x1013x

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

Congrats Edie Falco! I didn't see anyone predicting her win.

Edited by x1013x, Aug 29, 2010 @ 8:05 PM.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 8:52 AM

Very happy for Edieís win! I was pulling for her, she had some formidable completion too so I knew it would be tough. But still didnít think she should be in the comedy category.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 12:21 PM

Neither did she, given what she said during her acceptance speech.

bcharmer

bcharmer

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 4:39 PM

I was rooting for Edie Falco, too. As for it not being a comedy? This show is too funny to be put in the same category as, say, The Shield, 24, West Wing, The Wire, and The Sopranos. It's a black comedy, but a comedy nevertheless, especially as compared to what I consider real dramas. I find tons of humor in this show. Merritt Wever, Eve Best, Peter Facinelli, to name a few, are quite funny. And I adore Edie Falco's deadpan delivery. Weeds is a comedy, yet it has its dramatic moments, too, as do others.

Edited by bcharmer, Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:56 PM.