S12: Matt: Did He Mention He's In Mensa?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

27 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2010 @ 12:48 PM

Matt's CBS bio:

Name: Matt Hoffman
Current Residence: Elgin, Ill.
Three adjectives that describe you: Intelligent, creative and sweet-talker
Favorite activities: Playing music, writing music, watching TV, watching/playing hockey, hanging/drinking with friends and annoying people for my own amusement
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: The frustration of not knowing all the major world and pop culture news that's happening all around you
Strategy for winning Big Brother: I'm leaving all of my emotions from home and my "real life" at the door. When I'm in the house, it's 100% game.
What types of people would you NOT choose to live with you in the house: Quiet, reclusive types. When you're crammed away in close quarters for that long, you need some stimulation.
More »

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 4:05 AM

Okay, I really don’t like that one of his favorite activities is “annoying people for my own amusement”. People have enough crap to worry about these days withoug someome annoying them on purpose. I hope that’s just a PR statement to get him on the show, and it isn’t true.

I personally worry about things that I’ve said that I probably shouldn’t have, so to have someone gleefully admitting that they like to piss people off doesn’t sit too well with me.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

This guy, intelligent though he is, is so obviously the saboteur.

And his guitar is fugly.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 11:57 AM

I don't think Matt is the saboteur; but I think he wishes he was and he wants people to think he is, despite the hatred everyone has for this mysterious person.

I'm having a tough time pinning him down and trying to figure out what sort of game he is playing right now. He seems to be marginally aligned with Enzo and is a floating, non-committal player with everyone else. He seems to be flying under the radar until sides or alliances are solidified after the first couple of weeks.

Other than that, he seems like a real slime ball and I couldn't trust him at all if I were in the house with him.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Facebook, Posting in Forums

Posted Jul 11, 2010 @ 2:01 AM

LonePirate,he's actually in an alliance with Enzo and Hayden and seems to rulingn the house along with Enzo...

10man

10man

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 7:31 AM

Is anyone else aware he's a member of Mensa and the smartest person in the house? GAWD, how many times is he going to tell us?

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 10:38 AM

Bah, he's this years Lydia. He has a veritable grab bag of tattoos on him and he's a passive aggressive know-it-all. I predict his douchiness will fit in very well with the other frat boys.

LyneaG

LyneaG

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 7:50 PM

So in tonight's episode, Matt called Julie "Chenbot"...didn't that start here? Does that mean Matt is/was a member of the TWoP family?? Does anyone know?

Or maybe he got Chenbot from somewhere else and its still safe here.

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2010 @ 1:44 PM

Chenbot is used all over the internet. Matt posts on Sucks--it's used there.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2010 @ 7:48 PM

This guy is such an incredible douchebag. He's like Mike Boogie, only shorter and more annoying (two things I didn't think were possible).

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 8:46 AM

I noticed last night that the narrator referred to Matt as "The Self-Proclaimed Genius"...which tells me that there is nothing in writing proving his "Status"...wonder if he is really a member of Mensa?

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 4:03 PM

From his HOH blog:

Hello America! It's your favorite guilty pleasure...the one you hate to love...the "brains" of The Brigade...the diabolical super-genius...Matt!!!

As a crazy super-fan of the show myself, I've always found Big Brother to be not just an entertaining show on a surface level, but also a fascinating social experiment.

These two snippets highlight why Matt sucks and why this season is getting mixed response from long-time fans of the show like myself. First off all, Matt (and some other contestants) are such hardcore fans of the show and that is resulting in weird gameplay...hamsters afraid of being portrayed negatively and trying so hard to fulfill one of the cliches that the BB editors try so hard to create instead of just being themselves. You'd think, being a 'superfan' Matt would have known how dangerous putting up pawns are and how 'backdooring' doesn't always work. He's definitely one of my least favorite hamsters this season and I hope he gets the boot next week.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 7:23 PM

Matt didn't have to lie about his wife's bone condition - he could have just talked about her tooth condition. Dear lord, those chompers are hideous.

HighMaintenance

HighMaintenance

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 8:48 PM

For real... he could have just said she had a terminal tooth disease that only 1 in 900,000 Americans have... or that she was British.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 10:56 PM

For real... he could have just said she had a terminal tooth disease that only 1 in 900,000 Americans have... or that she was British.

Ohhh, I thought she was a vampire!

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

Matt didn't have to lie about his wife's bone condition - he could have just talked about her tooth condition. Dear lord, those chompers are hideous.

I came to make the same comment. We now know the real reason he needs the money. Yikes!

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

Lying about your wife suffering from a degenerative illness is bad enough, but doing so in the company of somebody like Kathy who was actually told at one point that she was terminal?

Yuck yuck yuck. I want this guy gone.

notablesquid

notablesquid

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2010 @ 10:57 PM

Note to Matt: please keep your chest covered and your hoodie zipped up when you're in the diary room. Your chest is creepy.

1urusai

1urusai

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2010 @ 10:44 AM

Yeah and quit shoving your hands down your pants Al Bundy style. And especially stop wiping your nose with said hands. Unless you like the smell, if so then carry on.

dantsea

dantsea

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 25, 2010 @ 2:44 PM

Bringing this over from the live discussion, since it didn't really apply there:

Well what would explain (Matt's) Al Bundy pocketpool pose, the constant winks to the cameras, the tatooes, feeling the need to be in the band, working out with the boys when he is a scrawny skinny dwarf, and his entire too cool for school attitude

He's the archetype of the thirtysomething Internet professional. Wherever he works, there is an entire office full of Matts. Or not, if they work remotely. I've got to say that he's really not registered on my radar, even with the DPOV and everything else, simply because he's so common. Tediously "individual", just like all of his friends and their friends.

His live show hair is always a sight to behold, that little thing he's got going on in the front with spikes or whatever. Give him a torch and a robe, he could pull of the Statue of Liberty.

Qwerky

Qwerky

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2010 @ 11:02 PM

This guy had the tools to make a power move - DPOV, and a situation to use it - and he wimped out and evicted Kathy. What a moron. I'm sending my Mensa card back, apparently they let any fool in now.

Southern

Southern

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 9:40 PM

Matt's wife Stacy called into a BB radio show tonight and shared the following information...

People have been calling her leaving death messages on her phone.

Her mom was held at gunpoint at the bank she works at.

Her aunt passed away due to cancer.

She tried contacting CBS to inform Matt about the death of his aunt they told her they wont tell him.

What do you think?

Is this legit or is she trying to garner sympathy so fans vote for Matt to win the 25K?

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

1) Yes. Some people take this game way too seriously.

2) Related to the game, or was the poor woman just there during a robbery? A time and date would enable a news search easily enough.

3) Again, trust but verify. This is a fact CBS could easily check with a name and a hospital report and, if it's true, it's not right to withhold this info from Matt.

Stacy seems bright enough to know that there'll be people checking all this stuff out as soon as she says it, but I still don't know if I believe her. You can't mention these things and then pull out the privacy card.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

Matt's wife Stacy called into a BB radio show tonight and shared the following information...

People have been calling her leaving death messages on her phone.

Her mom was held at gunpoint at the bank she works at.

Her aunt passed away due to cancer.

She tried contacting CBS to inform Matt about the death of his aunt they told her they wont tell him.

What do you think?

Is this legit or is she trying to garner sympathy so fans vote for Matt to win the 25K?

I wouldn't believe anything from Matt or his wife. Never!

bobalooga

bobalooga

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 10:35 PM

Stacy seems bright enough to know that there'll be people checking all this stuff out as soon as she says it, but I still don't know if I believe her. You can't mention these things and then pull out the privacy card.

I dunno if Stacy knows how fanatic we fanatics are. She might try to pull it off...but I seriously doubt it. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt

dantsea

dantsea

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 1:52 PM

Stacy seems bright enough to know that there'll be people checking all this stuff out as soon as she says it, but I still don't know if I believe her.

Considering the stories we've heard of people trying to insert themselves into the lives of past HG's over the years, the reports that people are trying to get Ragan fired because he's a huge jerk, and finally, the banners flying over during seasons past, I have no problem giving her the benefit of the doubt. Some viewers have the unfortunate tendency of thinking that reality television is their reality.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 6:40 PM

Wasn't there a house guest who had a relative in the world trade center when it went down. If I remember correctly, and I may not, they told her.

craigi

craigi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:47 PM

Monica from BB2. Her cousin was missing after the attacks and she was told about this in the Diary room. The cousin was never found.

Matt is a scumbag in every way possible. Seeing him in those ridiculous PJs yesterday just reaffirmed my hate. Pig.