S12: Lane: Might Get Bored And Shoot A Turtle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2010 @ 12:46 PM

Lane's CBS bio:

Name: Lane Elenburg
Current Residence: Decatur, Texas
Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, outgoing, athletic
Favorite Activities: Working out, riding motorcycles, going out with friends and playing golf
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Sharing a bathroom with my fellow Houseguests
Strategy for winning Big Brother: Yes I do, but not revealing it.
What types of people would you NOT choose to live with you in the house: Annoying people
A recurring theme on Big Brother is "expect the unexpected." How would you handle "the unexpected:" My life is already full of the unexpected, so I believe I would do just fine.
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least: Memphis from Season 10 because he was laid back
More »

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2010 @ 1:36 PM

What types of people would you NOT choose to live with you in the house: Annoying people

Boy is he on the wrong show. And for someone who describes himself as "outgoing" he's sure quiet so far.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 8:10 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I think he looks exactly like Steven from BB10.

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2010 @ 11:58 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think he looks exactly like Steven from BB10.

And Billy Riggins from FNL.

HiLilyHiLily

HiLilyHiLily

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 2:23 PM

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least: Memphis from Season 10 because he was laid back

If this guy were any more laid back, he'd be dead.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2010 @ 7:08 PM

He's only 24? Damn.

10man

10man

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2010 @ 10:23 AM

I appreciate he's VERY low key. I don't want a house full of Rachel's. I'm also happy to have some cute BEEF to look at.

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2010 @ 11:34 PM

He has a very dry sense of humor which I like. His DRs crack me up.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

Do his red and blue bracelets stand for anything?

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 3:32 AM

The title of this thread now has a whole other meaning. LOL.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Aug 22, 2010 @ 8:19 PM

I'm going to call it "shooting the turtle" from now on.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2010 @ 10:54 PM

Watching him manipulate Britney really makes me dislike him. Not that I particularly like her, but the way he does it reminds me of those pick up artists manipulations. Subtly insult her then bring her back up, then knock her down again.

I don't know if Lane's studied it as part of being a salesman, or if he's a natural, but it makes me not like him.

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

I don't mind Lane's manipulation of Britney since she so gleefully does the same exact thing to literally every other person in the house: Kathy, Rachel, Brendon, Enzo, Kristen, etc.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 2:11 PM

From the episode thread:

Real men don't bring flowers. They take you to a bar and buy you shots.

Lane's future wife is one lucky, lucky woman.

And if he's REALLY into her, he'll let her watch him beat her boyfriend up for her!

Yeah, he's God's gift to women, all right -- but only if God shops at the bargain-basement bin at K-Mart.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 10:57 PM

What about his statement tonight that losing Brit is like his best dog dying. Great guy.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 12:25 AM

Yes, that will be really comforting to her. The sad thing is that he clearly meant it as proof of how much he cares for her.

trailergirl

trailergirl

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 8:25 AM

I was rooting for Lane until I read this--it's a transcript from a live feed from over the weekend.....I hope it's out of context, or it is just a really, really bad joke, but it's pretty awful.

http://www.bigbrothe...econd-game.html

Edited by trailergirl, Sep 9, 2010 @ 8:27 AM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 8:45 AM

Sadly, it's not, and it's been discussed a lot in the Live Feeds thread. In a way, I'm not surprised, since it just drives home what a misogynistic douchebag Lane really is (as if we hadn't seen enough evidence of that courtesy of his fantasies about beating up women's boyfriends in front of them and his comparing Britney's eviction to his having to put down his favorite dog.)

Edited by legaleagle44, Sep 9, 2010 @ 10:37 AM.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 11:54 AM

That transcript has me thinking a little better about Enzo. My question is how can Brittany consider him a good guy and a friend. Yuck!

Edited by sissykay, Sep 9, 2010 @ 11:55 AM.

valandsend

valandsend

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 3:45 PM

Just finally realized who he looks like to me: Kris Kringle from "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 8:35 PM

Again, in the show, he compares the competition to a bar fight. Exactly how many fights has this guy been in?? I was amazed that he'd paid enough attention to win the comp. Poor Ragan, he was studying so hard for this one and he never got a chance.

ETA: Wonder how many other situations this guy could work a bar fight metaphor into. Here's some that'd be tricky: Nephew's first Holy Communion; attending the Houston Opera; watching a speech by the President; rescuing a kitten from a tree.

ETA again: Hey, Cyric29, don't jump to conclusions! That could have been ANY pair of football players named Lane and Gunter Elenberg!

Edited by Caroma, Sep 10, 2010 @ 7:20 AM.

Cyric29

Cyric29

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2010 @ 6:45 AM

Big Brother 12 Lane Elenburg and brother Gunter involved in 2008 assault?

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 5:36 AM

Lane gets my vote for worst houseguest, ever. Evel Dick and other losers, at least had enough self-awareness to know they were being seen as bad guys. Lane seems to think that we all see him as a big ol' lovable teddy bear and that we probably hear his animal shooting, men beating, women abusing stories and laugh admiringly.

I blame his parents. Good people can end up with bad kids, but when kids do bad things and expect people to think it's cute, then they almost always had parents who took the attitude that," boys will be boys," my kid is always right and the teacher/coach/other kid with the broken arm is wrong. I'll bet Lane's parents are the type who take great pride in their boys just because they're big.

Mostly, I'm blaming his parents because Enzo suggested Lane wasn't raised right and he got real mad. Heh.

Luaugirl

Luaugirl

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:43 PM

Lame is a pig. He's going to be fat and bald by the time he's 30. I can't believe he's only 24. He's just white trash with money. Please don't let him win. As much as I disliked Britney, I hated the way he manhandled her so roughly. He is a dipshit - that's what she said. Do you think he gets that yet?

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I loved how he stopped just short of calling Shane a fairy during the Brigade update. Douche.

Edited by MethodActor05, Aug 31, 2012 @ 11:22 PM.