S12 and 14: Britney: Lost Her Dignity On A Slippery Wiener

• Please log in to reply

61 replies to this topic

Kastie

Kastie

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 12:33 PM

I liked Britney! She was awesome at imitating people and somehow didn't come off as super mean about it. Some people have a knack for that and I thought she was very funny. She's young! Sometimes when you're young (and bored) you "pick at people" -- I really don't think that makes her a bad person. Also, she is very cute! (who needs a big butt????)

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 11:57 PM

The little manipulator was manipulated by 4 big goofballs. No wonder she felt so stupid. She thought she was playing them. The best part is that now she has to go see her frenemies at the jury house. Justice!

In a season full of dullards, this has to be the highlight! Love that she had almost two weeks surrounded by Brendan and Rachel. Hope Rachel was at her most annoying. Hope to see lots of footage of Brit rolling her good eye.

She was awesome at imitating people and somehow didn't come off as super mean about it. Some people have a knack for that and I thought she was very funny. She's young! Sometimes when you're young (and bored) you "pick at people" -- I really don't think that makes her a bad person.

Oh but Britney was "super mean" about it. I don't feel that makes her a bad person but completely lacking any self-awareneww. Doesn't matter if your 19 or 69, there is a difference at being a witty bitch and an absolute asshat. Little Brit was the latter. A few chuckle worthy moments don't see to erase the fact that this girl was obsessed with one thing in that house and that was dogging other HG's.

FirstBornLast

FirstBornLast

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 8:27 AM

There was a fire at Britney's house last night. Her fiance, Nick, posted this at Joker's Updates:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers

The fire started at around 1:30 am CST and I awoke at around 2 am to the crackling sound (which I thought was hail). I went back to bed for a few minutes and heard a window break. At this time, I knew something was wrong. I walked in the hallway and saw the flames and smoke coming from the bathroom window. I then ran and grabbed my bags that I had packed for today's trip to LA and headed outside. Both dogs were still inside at the time. I found Molly (Brit's dog) first and through her in the front yard. There were several people outside at the time yelling at me to not go back inside. I then went back in to find Porter and at this time, the dark smoke was about head high. After about 3 minutes of searching with a flashlight, I found Porter hid in a corner behind a chair. We all made it out okay fortunately.

After about an hours worth of extinguishing, everything was under control and the damage was done. I was then allowed to go inside to check out the damage. The screened in porch on the back of the house was completely gone, one of the back bedrooms was completely black with fire and smoke damage, and the bathroom and other bedroom were damaged pretty badly as well. The entire attic was on fire as well. With it being an old house, it was not very "fire friendly".

I then spent the next 4 hours with my parents and my best friends getting our belongings that were salvageable out of the house. Most everything was drenched in water. Britney's dad and step-mom also made the 3 hour drive down to help with this tragedy which was very thoughtful. After a final inspection, I'd say that about 50% of our belongings were lost.

I now know that belongings that may have been lost are no where near as important as a life or the life of a pet. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. I was told multiple times that I was very lucky to make it out okay since the fire was so strong and that I was alseep at the time. Also, the smoke detector did not ever go off. Good thing I changed the batteries in that thing a couple weeks back, eh?

I am still planning on flying out to LA today at Noon. I will be low on energy and emotionally drained, but it something I cannot miss. I have the support of Britney's parents and my family to go on and that things will be taken care of when I return. We are blessed to have such supportive friends and famiily.

Please just continue to keep us in your prayers. Things happen for a reason and I know that only good will come out of this mess. I am going to do my best to go enjoy my time in LA and San Diego with my Brit now!

Thanks again all.

Nick

Like her or not, that has got to suck. Being away for three months, looking forward to finally going home, then this.

Barrett0033

Barrett0033

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 8:37 AM

How awful. Thank God Nick and the pets were able to get out ok.

dantsea

dantsea

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 2:08 PM

Apparently, it will also come as a surprise to Britney to know that Nick had rented a house and moved all her stuff into it; this happened after the show started. Glad everyone was okay, but wow, tough break, kids.

chesslover

chesslover

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 4:25 PM

Will they play "Burning Down the House" when Brit walks out? Or ask her what she feels about the tv show "Burn Notice"?

DuchessKitty

DuchessKitty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 1:37 PM

I had not heard about the fire until reading the finale recap. That sucks! I can't imagine how heartbreaking it would be to finally be done with the Big Brother escapade only to find out that you don't have a home to go back to.
At least the animals and Nick weren't hurt.

sofa addicted

sofa addicted

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2010 @ 8:23 PM

Oh, Britney, who would have thought that in the end, your most dignified moment was the one with the wiener. At least then nobody thought you were a mean-spirited little witch and you hadn't gotten played like a cheap violin by some dumbass Texas football player and his buddies.

dantsea

dantsea

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 1:26 PM

She's just been tapped to do two shows a week via Real Networks' work-welfare program for unemployable former houseguests.

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2010 @ 2:47 PM

Once a week and I think Janelle has a regular job. Jordan does as well.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 3:06 AM

I thought it was amazing to watch Britney just flat out lie to Janelle's face and then lose it after. She's in the wrong game if that bothers her so much. I also got annoyed at her sarcastic little dig about Jen getting the trip to Maui with the implication that she's had it easy in the game and thus doesn't deserve to be getting rewards.

bfan

bfan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

Britney is clever and quick witted but what is her strategy to win?

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Britney's game is sort of like playing Grand Theft Auto.

I was flabbergasted at her behavior early in this season, and I really wonder if she now feels the same way, as she seems to regret most of it. She has gotten into a decent position with the Quack Pack, as most of them either don't want to get her out anytime soon or see her as a close ally. She has a decent-to-good social game which keeps her relatively low on the target list of most of the others not in her alliance, in case they win HOH (anyone can win, after all). The men all teaming up against her is still a possibility but not as likely - yet - as in BB12, because the men don't have the same bond this season.

I could see her getting close to the end but I don't know if she could win. She'd have to step up more.

Her DRs are very good and natural.

Edited by steve91199, Aug 17, 2012 @ 4:49 PM.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

And Brittany's gone. I don't think it's a huge loss she didn't win she's just really not that good of a player, but she was entertainment.

I want her to pull a "Snakes and Rats" speech on Dan, if he somehow gets to the final 2.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Dear Big Brother:

Please give Britney a job. Have her replace Jeff on the online show, or have her host the non-elimination shows, or do a podcast or blog analyzing the show, or something. Her DRs were too funny to lose, and I enjoyed seeing her face off against Frank in the jury house. Hang on to her!

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

I completely agree. Girls' got a gift, and I sincerely hope that the BB14 experience doesn't turn her off completely from the franchise. I'd take her over Jeff any day. In a recent interview I read, she laughed at how people keep bringing up her goodbye message to Boogie because it was completely random and off the cuff and she put zero planning into it and actually forgot that she had done it. Just shows how natural her comedic timing is. Please, don't let this be the last we see of her!!!

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 23, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

She is so tiny! I love the wallpaper on her Twitter account.

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 12:55 AM

Britney is currently expecting a baby.

CrazyDutchWoman

CrazyDutchWoman

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:09 PM

Thanks for sharing Chrissy. It is not that I really keep track of the housemates but this is good news. I did not know Janelle is having her second child soon.

JonTheAussiBoy2

JonTheAussiBoy2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 2:17 AM

I absolutely love Britney. It's rare that I get to see the US Big Brother, but she's up there with Will, James Rhine and Dan as my very favourites, basically because she's essentially a female version of what I'd be like in the house.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

Britney had a baby girl.

https://twitter.com/britney_haynes

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:31 PM

Brtiney's daughter and Janelle's kids should become playmates.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

I would pay to see that play date.

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

Sad news: Britney's daughter has been diagnosed with cancer. FB post and tweet

Thoughts are with her family and hoping for the best.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:00 PM

Poor Britney. I can't imagine what her and her husband are going through. It's entirely different to have a family member who is older being diagnosed with cancer, but for a baby not even past the first stages of life? That's probably the hardest thing for any parent to face.

Love her or hate her, I don't think anyone couldn't feel sympathy for Britney and her family.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:11 AM

Except for the lowlife troll who tweeted that it was Karma for all the rotten things Britney did in the house.  My thoughts and prayers are with Britney and her family -- no parent should ever have to go through something like this!

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

That's absolutely terrible. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

I'm a Britney fan, always been, so was so happy when she was blessed with a baby.  I feel so horrible for her.  This is supposed to be the happiest time of her life.  And her poor daughter, not being able to communicate what is wrong.

The article I read didn't have many details, but has anybody heard what type of cancer or if it's terminal?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 7:58 PM

That is so sad. I hope the prognosis is good. 

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

Tilly is just beautiful.   I pray they can beat this.