7-10: "100th Episo. . . zzzzzzzz" 2010.06.29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

SlovakPrincess

SlovakPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 8:49 PM

Yay! Everyone goes to Costa Rica! It's super exciting . . . except not.

Let me get this straight - they're in the middle of a hot, humid jungle and Brody and J-Bobby still insist on wearing knit caps?? You've got to be kidding me. They aren't even trying to be appealing anymore.

In hooking up with the bartender, I wonder if Kristin was hoping Brody would freak out and start screaming "SLUT!" like Stephen did in Cabo all those years ago when he got jealous. I wonder if she was disappointed that Brody wasn't at all crushed and all she got were lame jokes about how she's like the sister Brody slept with (WTF? That was so gross and creepy).

As for Audrina and J-Bobby . . . holy crap. True to form, he had no intention of being romantic with Audrina and even used her recent failed relationship as the reason. "You've got baggage mumble mumble [insert something that sounds deep but is really just nonsense] mumble mumble you know? Like, just, see what happens mumble mumble." How has Audrina not snapped and just started pummeling him after listening to years of this maddening, aimless, faux-zen junk?

LVBALgurl

LVBALgurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 11:19 PM

I'll say it: I loved Kristin this episode. In the pool, drunk, she was perhaps the most candid she's ever been on this show. MTV may have thrown all of them together and orchestrated a lot of this, but she clearly has feelings for Brody and wants to be with him. Her honesty in the pool was far more interesting than her put-on "over it!" act. She's JUST as naive and vulnerable as MakaelaWTF in her own way, and she doesn't even really hide it well, as Brody completely saw through what she was doing with the bartender.

She's right in that she needs to move on. Brody is far too in love with himself to want to be with her in the way she wants. And he just sucks.

Justin-Bobby [looked hot this ep *hides*], but he's another freaking tool. Interestingly enough, I got a vibe from Audrina that she MAY just be over him. Or at least she's at the point where she sees through his garbage.

I liked Stephanie A LOT this episode. She's coming across so mature and level-headed. I liked that she got props during the hike. I guess I like the laid back episodes in which everyone hangs out and nothing much goes on. I thought it was a nice break from the AllieLUTZ/MakaelaWTF drama.

carrlos00

carrlos00

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2010 @ 10:38 PM

Well, Costa Rica is beautiful, that much I can say about this episode.

Caramellica

Caramellica

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 5:25 AM

I finally got around to watching this episode and Zzzzzz was an understatement.

I felt so much second-hand embarrassment for Kristin's attempts to make Brody jealous. Macking on some random bartender and making a big show of going off alone to make out. It's like she reverted back to her high school days with Stephen but unlike Stephen, Brody clearly does not want her, is older, and saw through her immaturity. Plus its just skanky behavior.

It's so unfortunate MTV chose to continue this show without Lauren and allow it to deteriorate into something that no longer resembles the mega-hit it once was.

sweetea

sweetea

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 5:13 PM

Kristin looked embarrassingly drunk at the bar and in the pool. It was hard to watch. Yikes.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

It's so unfortunate MTV chose to continue this show without Lauren and allow it to deteriorate into something that no longer resembles the mega-hit it once was.

It would help if any of the cast had real jobs or real interests outside of the show. The Hills used to follow young women with career aspirations. This Hills now? Just a long Greek party.

gulitypleas82

gulitypleas82

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

Kristin looked embarrassingly drunk at the bar and in the pool. It was hard to watch. Yikes.

I concur, she looked like she was at the stage of drunkenness right before you either vomit or pass out, you know, when you can barely maintain eye contact. She looked so dazed and disoriented that just looking at her made me feel wasted. She’s probably parties so steadily that, at the point, her body is used to it, though.

LemonLime

LemonLime

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2010 @ 3:35 PM

I actually liked this episode. Having the girls together just chilling and talking, making fun of Steph's phobia of bugs- it was fun! Finally!

Scrb

Scrb

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 1:22 PM

Career aspirations?

They had fake jobs set up for them by the producers. The Teen Vogue job was fake and the Bolthouse job was fake as well.

Now they don't even pretend to work, just hang out at clubs or lounge by some swanky hotel pool. Dissolute children of wealth.

Are the romances any more real this season than last? Previous season, there was suppose to be something going on between Kristin and JB but that was probably just some plot to make a fake triangle with Audrina.

Now Kristin is suppose to have it bad for Brody, who last season was interested in Audrina briefly? Supposedly Kristin has been hopping from one USC QB to another in real life. She doesn't seem to be the kind to carry a torch for anyone, much less a fellow player like Brody.

Can't they script something better than these fake romances? Always with the same cast of characters too, passing each other around in the same small circle.