Parking Wars: Ponytail Can Ticket You in 17 Seconds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

625 replies to this topic

Ms Snarkasm

Ms Snarkasm

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 27, 2009 @ 10:37 PM

I'm officially adding the Detroit crew to my "Love You" list for their awareness of what a dangerous pain in the ass it is for people with disabilities -- especially those of us in chairs, use canes or walkers, etc. -- when cars block sidewalks and curb cuts. The Philly crew are always ticketing for handicapped access violations; it's great to know that the Detroit PA is on top of it, too.

I really appreciate Mr. (Im)Perfection taking on that loud mouthed woman who blocked the sidewalk and claimed that she was allowed to because she was dropping her blind brother off. But am I a bad person for secretly wishing that said blind brother would have succumbed to her demands to demonstrate how he could go around her car, only to end up getting hit by an oncoming vehicle because he had to step into the road to get by?

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 11:02 AM

If it were me, I'd be wearing a big ol' button that says, "Hitting Me is a Felony Offense. It's not worth it!"

These are the same people who can't read for a sign regarding where to park so I wouldn't expect them to read a button.

However, it did remind me of my recently parking ticket which I got in my own driveway for being literally two inches over the sidewalk line. An elephant could have made it past my car! I wonder if "Ponytail" got me. :)

That is just so sad. I am glad to live here and not have that kind of crap to deal with. We can practically block the sidewalk here and nothing happens.

I despised that old black man on last night's show for going up to the girl in the van and calling her a nazi. Despicable. He is too damn lazy and bull-headed to make some phone calls to traffic court but he can walk around and call people names that borders on racism. She should have just listened to her fellow worker when he told her "let's just go." The car was already booted.

Edited by Malibu65, Oct 28, 2009 @ 11:03 AM.

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 11:28 AM

I really appreciate Mr. (Im)Perfection taking on that loud mouthed woman who blocked the sidewalk...

He was ok in this episode but Mr. Perfection was kind of an asshole in the last one I saw. He kept writing tickets for "commercial equipment" on the street but I thought he was completely stretching the definition of "Commercial." That one poor dude that got ticketed while unloading a trailer? Ridiculous. I hope he fought it. And I really thought it was absurd because I could see if the trailer was on a crowded street taking up valuable parking spots but Mr. Perfection seems to get off on driving thru fairly empty residential streets and nitpicking. That's the stuff that makes people hate parking authorities. They take that "authority" business to heart.
So imagine my enjoyment when the woman who was blocking the sidewalk kept calling Mr. Perfection a "meter maid." BWAH!

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 6:12 PM

I'm in love.....with this show....I find myself trying to explain the intricacies of the metermaid code....seriously I need help.

I can't believe I missed Mr Perfection...I"ll catch it next week or ondemand.

The guy with the rake...I'm so glad that they towed his car immediately. The female booter was clearly trying to help...but she was just making it worse...her tone with his was brusque....she reminded me of my aunt who has no people skills...

Was anyone else fascinated by the indian impound lot customer's front tooth? He had one rotten front tooth...I was fixated by it.

I'm not as enamored with the Detroit crew...the metermaids seem to be more cartoonish...stereotypical..ie. ponytail..I do like me some super boot crew though.

Do the ppl featured get any $$$ for being on TV? The linked article upthread talks about the PPA getting $$.

I do love the Philly episodes...I love seeing my hometown..and I love Sherri and Garfield...Oh Garfield....

Oh one more question - why can't they tell us the dollar amounts owed..they blurr out liscense plates so why can't we know the extreme heavy hitter owes X amount of $$s? Why is that confidential?

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 6:24 PM

I do love the Philly episodes...I love seeing my hometown..and I love Sherri and Garfield...Oh Garfield....

Mr QT was in McDonald's near here and Garfield comes in... says Garfield was looking around the entire time like he was waiting to be recognized. Mr. HATES Parking Wars so he wouldn't give him the satisfaction of admitting that he knew him. I'll bet Garfield is quite the celebrity.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 6:49 PM

Absolutqt Too funny. I hope Garfield's celebrity doesn't go to his head...somehow I see Sherri keeping him in check.

I'm finally catching the "is jail time worth a ticket" episode...so I'm officially caught up on Season 3 with the exception of MR. Perfect..that hasn't loaded to ondemand yet.

Mr Shoppergal just gives me the *look* when I flip to parking wars...I keep telling him that one day he will thank me for my vast parking violation knowledge.

juneboy44

juneboy44

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 6:59 PM

I concur. I love Sherri and Garfield. What a hoot they are! Did anyone see the idiot who basically said "I hate Philly. They are the only city who charges for parking!" I laughed hard b/c they went directly to Detroit and showing people getting ticketed there!

I felt kinda bad for the foreigners at the end of the second episode. The said that they were from Texas (like me) and that parking is free in Texas (mostly true). Did ya'll see the restroom facilities? Yuck.

I really appreciate Mr. (Im)Perfection taking on that loud mouthed woman who blocked the sidewalk...

So much word. The fact that she could not see she was wrong was ridiculous.

What I think amazes me most of all, especially when people go to the PPA to get their car out of lockup, is that they think the city did this to them. That's wrong: they broke the law and now are facing the consequences. Deal with it and shut up!

butterfly1690

butterfly1690

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 7:09 PM

"Where's my stick?" I know that it probably shouldn't have been funny but I cannot get the picture of that guy grabbing his rake and coming after them. It was hysterical.

I have to say I cannot stand that lady they showed at the release window. I have never liked her but each time she pops on my screen I cringe. She thinks she is being nice but it just comes off condescending or maybe that is what she is going for. All I know is I could do with never seeing her on my TV screen anymore.

I also like Detroit in smaller doses like the last episode. I have grown attached to my Philly crew and I would rather just see them - though I did enjoy Mr.Perfection.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 7:18 PM

"Where's my stick?" I know that it probably shouldn't have been funny but I cannot get the picture of that guy grabbing his rake and coming after them. It was hysterical.

The stained wife beater was also a nice touch.

I have to say I cannot stand that lady they showed at the release window. I have never liked her but each time she pops on my screen I cringe. She thinks she is being nice but it just comes off condescending or maybe that is what she is going for. All I know is I could do with never seeing her on my TV screen anymore.

You talking about the mousey white older lady with bangs? I looked her up on the website and her name is Laurie..she's a retired therapist...I Like the black lot manager..Yolanda...

Holy smokes...Sherri has 8 kids...

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2009 @ 12:56 PM

Brian seems like a bit of a bigoted douche. Could you possibly make more ignorant comments about Cinco de Mayo, dude? "Oye! Oye!" It was bad enough listening to him rant for a whole damn hour about a Cowboys fan co-worker, now I have to listen to him grind on about those damn brown people who have the gall to celebrate a holiday in his city?

watercoolergirl

watercoolergirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2009 @ 11:54 PM

I still can't get over the girl who wouldn't get out of her car ... even for the police. I mean, who does that? Where exactly did she think she could go? Roll up the window - it's like hiding!

The worst part? The cops allowed it. "Okay, we'll wait until your ride comes." WTF?

Was anyone else hoping against all hope that the cops would arrest her or at least give her another ticket/citation on top of her parking tickets? Did we really just witness her getting away with that?!?

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 11, 2009 @ 12:09 AM

I still can't get over the girl who wouldn't get out of her car ... even for the police. I mean, who does that? Where exactly did she think she could go? Roll up the window - it's like hiding!

The worst part? The cops allowed it. "Okay, we'll wait until your ride comes." WTF?

Was anyone else hoping against all hope that the cops would arrest her or at least give her another ticket/citation on top of her parking tickets? Did we really just witness her getting away with that?!?

I kept yelling at the television, "BREAK THE DAMN WINDOW!!!" LOL Seriously that crap should not have been tolerated. I mean my God, are the cops THAT worried about what the people standing around were going to say or do? That pissed me off. This attitude about what the cops are worried about all started with cops being videotaped and the public outcry over their "bad" behavior. I realize there are bad cops but there are just as many bad people if not more. Her ass should have been cited pronto!!!

juneboy44

juneboy44

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2009 @ 12:53 PM

That bitch was crazy! I would've broken her damn window pronto or better yet towed the car with her dumbass in it!

My favorite moment was when Garfield and Sherry's truck broke down! BWAH! Sherry was like "I aint pushing that!" Lol!

The SAAB guy at the end seemed like a pyscho to me. You know sweet and innocent on the outside but conniving and crazy on the inside!

I cant believe next week is the end already! This show is so much better than The Good Wife!

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 11, 2009 @ 9:10 PM

Garfield and Sherry are a riot. I love them. But c'mon Sherry, gotta help the big guy push the van out of the way. The sweat from pushing that van would have warmed up her cold ass. LOL.

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2009 @ 9:19 PM

I'm not as enamored with the Detroit crew...the metermaids seem to be more cartoonish

What I like about the Philly crew is that they actually walk. I don't like the fact that the Detroit crew drives.

It was bad enough listening to him rant for a whole damn hour about a Cowboys fan co-worker

That's why I love Brian. Danielle, Cowboys fan, is uber annoying and, yes, a front-runner.

You talking about the mousey white older lady with bangs? I looked her up on the website and her name is Laurie..she's a retired therapist

I thought her name was Tracey. I am not a fan of her either. She seems very off with her creepy smiling.

Faxinator

Faxinator

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2009 @ 10:20 AM

I was literally BEGGING the TV that the cops would use the taser on her.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2009 @ 6:15 PM

Interludes like that are why cops have a bad name- they sat there with their thumbs up their butt. You could tell they weren't even following normal procedures b/c of the camera crew and bystanders. I recognized that street (I think) and since the boot crew was on sight don't they have to close the street? Imagine the traffic that was causing.

OK so I heard right..next week is the last episode? Sigh....Just as I was getting into this season.

The Detroit crew just irritates me..I was neutral until I saw Ponytail this week..Yeah the church folks were wrong, but he took great delight in ticketing the whole line..and I know my PHilly crew would have at least woken up the sleeping bus driver to save one patron a ticket. And the way Ponytail talks about himself in the 3rd person is awful...he screams fame whore...

Sherri should have helped Garfield..yes she's a women, but isn't Garfield older then her?

bookchick81

bookchick81

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 12, 2009 @ 8:16 PM

I was pissed that the cops didn't make that crazy woman get out of her car. I, too, was yelling at the TV, "Break the window! C'mon, smash it!" i can't believe she got away with that.

I'm liking the Detroit stuff. I live in a suburb of Detroit, and it's cool to see places I recognize!

Ms Snarkasm

Ms Snarkasm

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 6:35 PM

I still can't get over the girl who wouldn't get out of her car ... even for the police.

I KNOW! Her whole attitude screamed self-proclaimed diva, and it infuriated me that not one, not two, but three different cops indulged her BS. I deplore the use of unnecessary force by law enforcement, but this is one time when I was begging for a cop to break out her window and taser her if she continued to refuse to comply with their instructions.

I became a big Garfield fan during that incident for the way he managed sneak in a good dig at Police Officer #3. "We can't force her to get out, the tow truck driver can't make her get out, and it appears you're unable to extricate her from the vehicle..." That officer shot Garfield some serious stink eye after that comment.

I was pretty excited to see someone refuse to leave their car, though, because that's what Mr. Snarkasm has always advocated after it worked for a friend of his a long time ago. Of course, said friend was dealing with a private tow company and no cops -- it may have turned out quite differently if Garfield and Sherry had been there to orchestrate how things played out.

I'm so annoyed that next week is the season finale. These six episode cable "seasons" are for the birds.

Edited by Ms Snarkasm, Nov 13, 2009 @ 6:40 PM.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 6:56 PM

These six episode cable "seasons" are for the birds.

For real. Has each season always been this way?

Those cops could have broken the passenger side window (front or rear, you pick) taken the keys and forced open the driver side door so that another cop could have pulled her out. I mean there were cameras there, if there had been a claim of police brutality or excessive use of force, the videotape would have been proof that the cops were dealing with a bitch who was creating a public nuisance.

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2009 @ 12:03 AM

Next week is the season finale? It just started! Darn.

I too, am not wild about Tracey. (The older lady with long grey hair). I can't even say what it is about her. Just seems really fake happy.

Brian the ticketer is starting to grow on me. He seems to be a bit more reasonable than some of the others, and seems like a nice guy most of the time. I wish they'd show more of Marlene too, the older lady with the hairspray. She was a riot.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2009 @ 9:40 PM

Wow this week's the season finale already? Wow. Anyway, I do like the Detroit crew; Ponytail is a riot! And I can I just say that Robert, aka Mr. Perfection, is the hotness? Please have him call me...please?

I also wanted the police to break the window and arrest that chick who refused to get out of the car; how arrogant and indignant was she? Best believe if the cameras weren't rolling, it wouldn't not been a pretty sight. Anyway, If she didnt' want her car towed, she should've pay the darn tickets. Wasn't she an extreme hitter?

Edited by sereion, Nov 19, 2009 @ 10:34 PM.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2009 @ 1:05 PM

Wasn't she an extreme hitter?

I think she was. That is why they called the two truck.

Someone help me here. I realize Philly is a diverse city but why does it seem the majority of the people shown are black people? Is it edited that way you think? Or is a specific area they film in the city where the majority of the residents are black? Does the show specifically show us those scenes because there is more chaos, drama and people who maybe play it up for the cameras?

RoRo

RoRo

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 21, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

Someone help me here. I realize Philly is a diverse city but why does it seem the majority of the people shown are black people? Is it edited that way you think? Or is a specific area they film in the city where the majority of the residents are black? Does the show specifically show us those scenes because there is more chaos, drama and people who maybe play it up for the cameras?

I live in Philly and yes, the city is diverse, but people tend to segregate themselves. However, I think they tend to show the scenes with more drama. There always seems to be a variety of people at the impound lot!

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2009 @ 11:03 PM

I live in Philly and really, it's not difficult to follow the parking regulations. I've received two parking tickets here and both were clearly my fault.

Really? I've seen poles with 4 or 5 different signs on them that all seem to say conflicting things. I've parked at meters that were broken with the broken meter sign flashing and gotten tickets. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to bother going into Center City. Just not worth the hassle.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 22, 2009 @ 3:28 PM

There always seems to be a variety of people at the impound lot!

Most definitely.

But it just seems the same area of Philly is shown when it comes to the scenes of the workers issuing citations. It seems like I see the same streets and businesses in the background.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

I can't believe the season is over. Parking Wars I didn't even get to know you. I just discovered it this season.

I had a bunch of episodes on my DVR that were new to me...I finally saw Mr. Perfection and I have to say the lady parked on the sidewalk was totally in the wrong, but the law is stupid...that driveway should be private property...and did she have to bring out the blind guy to try and prove her point. Mr. Perfection is getting too big for his britches...he shouldn't have kept engaging her.

Can we talk about Swoop? She was pitiful...She'd give her momma a ticket if she could- quote. People like that are what give the PPA a bad wrap- her and Ponytail ( I know he's not Philly, but he shows the power tripping of it all). I couldn't believe she sits behind a bush to catch people. Get your a$$ up and walk your beat.

About the lack of diversity. I think we are seeing the same beats over and over....From Philly I always get a kick out of seeing the 'hood. Like when the Jedi Mind Trick Meter Maid was driving around boat house row and Germantown...when he said Kelly Drive I got a little nostalgic...There is diversity in the city, you see it in the impound lot...but not so much in the metermaid segments. I think that's luck of draw....we only follow what 5 or 6 PPA folks?

rhys7

rhys7

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 5:22 PM

Must be a marathon today. I'm watching Mike assigning deer hunting values to his tickets. A violation in a handicapped stall is a 16 point buck ($301.00); a fire hydrant is an 8 pt buck, etc. It's rather clever of him.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 6:57 PM

Must be a marathon today. I'm watching Mike assigning deer hunting values to his tickets. A violation in a handicapped stall is a 16 point buck ($301.00); a fire hydrant is an 8 pt buck, etc. It's rather clever of him.

That was a new one to me, but now it looks like they have moved onto eps I've seen. The dork in me got excited when I saw the marathon...wonder if they are getting ready to air another season?

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

Marathon? Does that mean a new season is forthcoming??