Alcide Herveaux: Woof.

• Please log in to reply

118 replies to this topic

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2010 @ 11:28 AM

He's the newest werewolf in Bon Temps (played by Joe Mangianello) and I like him already. Based on what I've seen so far, Alcide is a sweetie who proves that not all weres are psycho, V-abusing assholes. His hotness is just the icing on the cake. I also like his chemistry with Sookie. While Alcide knows about some of her powers, he doesn't seem to be threatned by them. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him-clothing optional.

Post your feeelings about Alcide here.

MsAnneThrope

MsAnneThrope

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

Holy Mother of Moses. Waay better looking than I imagined from the books. He more than gives Eric a run for the money. Fingers crossed for upcoming sexy times. Nothing better than to be Sookie between an Eric/Alcide sandwich.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 29, 2010 @ 12:01 PM

Fingers crossed for upcoming sexy times

I don't think you'll have to wait long for that. He's too pretty to keep his clothes on.

If you have 'On Demand' on your cable system, there are a series of interviews called "Trubies and Newbies" where existing cast memebers interview new cast members, and his hints at upcoming nudity. And creative use of a sock on set. :)

AuntieLizard

AuntieLizard

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2010 @ 2:21 PM

We are so, so spoiled with eye candy on this show it's almost ridiculous.

JasonBillEricJesus who?

I think he has good friendship chemistry with Sookie. Didn't really get much more than that. And I really don't need to see anyone else slobbering all over Sookie at this point. Pun intended.

LadySheherazade

LadySheherazade

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 29, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

I didn't think this show could get any hotter than Eric, but Alcide takes the cake. I hope I'm not the only one watching this interview on repeat: Meet Alcide

*drool*

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 11:14 AM

I think he has good friendship chemistry with Sookie. Didn't really get much more than that. And I really don't need to see anyone else slobbering over Sookie at this point. Pun intended.

ITA. It's refreshing to see one supernatural creature on this show who doesn't have the hots for Sookie, in one way or another.

geektastik

geektastik

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 6, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

It's refreshing to see one supernatural creature on this show who doesn't have the hots for Sookie, in one way or another.

Weeeyyyllll, SPOILER (not really but anyway): pointing to the aforementioned "Trubies and Newbies" interview, plus lots of HBO promos for this season featuring hot-naked-Alcide-with-sensual-Sookie-action, your sentiment isn't going to last long.

That being said, I at least appreciate that, unlike in the books, TV Sookie isn't going around lamenting how no man wants her, she's such a social pariah, blahblahblah, even as every single male, supe or not, is drooling at her feet and she has plenty of devoted friends. "Plenty" in my book equals at least 2. Didn't your mother ever tell you to count yourself lucky if you can count your friends on one hand? TV Sookie seems at least aware of her good relationship fortune, romantic and otherwise.

Edited by geektastik, Jul 6, 2010 @ 10:31 PM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2010 @ 10:55 AM

Weeeyyyllll, SPOILER (not really but anyway): pointing to the aforementioned "Trubies & Newbies" interview, plus lots of HBO promos for tihs season, featuring hot-naked-Alcide-with-sensual-Sookie action, your sentiment isn't going to last long.

Well, since most, if not all, of those scenes are about Alcide getting back at his skanky ex, Debbie, it looks like things are probably going to stay strictly platonic between them.

Yellowbird

Yellowbird

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 1:19 PM

ITA. It's refreshing to see one supernatural creature on this show who doesn't have the hots for Sookie, in one way or another.

I have to agree with this point.
Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with Alcides except for his physicality. How is his character in the book?

mshepnj

mshepnj

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 9:10 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with Alcides except for his physicality. How is his character in the book?

This is one of those "Your Milage May Vary" questions, I think. You could ask 25 book readers and get 25 opinions on Alcide. Personally, I liked and sympathized with Alcide for one book, then thought he was a user with an inflated sense of entitlement after that. He blamed Sookie for something that wasn't her fault, looked down on her for not being a werewolf (and consorting with vampires), then when he needed her ability he made nice and lied to her about what he wanted, on several occasions. That BookSookie let Alcide do this to her time after time is incredibly frustrating. Now, he did also help her find Bill, and helped her fight a bad coven of witches in a war but his pining for Debbie after she dumped him, harrassed Alcide's sister, threatened Sooke and tortured Bill made me lose respect for him.

lovelyivy

lovelyivy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 9:49 PM

This is one of those "Your Milage May Vary" questions, I think. You could ask 25 book readers and get 25 opinions on Alcide. Personally, I liked and sympathized with Alcide for one book, then thought he was a user with an inflated sense of entitlement after that.

ITA.

Alcide is definitely a flawed character. Nice enough, but in no way, shape or form would I find him a good partner for Book Sookie (who I like a good deal more than TB Sookie 90% of the time). She is such a gutsy chick that she makes him look like a total wuss.

purplebubbles

purplebubbles

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2010 @ 4:09 AM

I've just finished re-reading the third book in the series - 'Club Dead' - on which I believe this Season is supposed to be based (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and I have to say, the casting of Alcide is spot on, at least physically. He's almost exactly how I had pictured him to be. He hasn't had much screentime yet for me to form a definite opinion about the TV version of the character, but I'm quite optimistic about what Joe Mangianello is going to bring to the role. Of course I haven't seen him in anything else besides True Blood so I have no idea of how capable he is as an actor, but I like his interactions with Sookie so far. I also find him more attractive than Eric/Askars, because I'm into the gruff/shaggy type much more than the cool icy blonde, but that's neither here or there.

I like Book Alcide quite a bit but yes, he's definitely flawed. I hope they don't force a Sooke/Alcide romance or attraction, seeing as we've already got the beginnings of an Eric/Sookie/Bill triangle on our hands and I think a love quadrangle is the last thing this show needs.

GummyBear19

GummyBear19

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:41 AM

I remember liking Joe Manganiello on One Tree Hill and so far I love him on this show. Alcide was one of my favorite characters in the books and despite his flaws I found him extremely likable and loved his complicated relationship with Sookie. Personally I wouldn't mind a Sookie/Alcide romance, even though Sookie already has her plate full with Bill and Eric. It should be interesting to see how their relationship develops over the season.

Edited by GummyBear19, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:43 AM.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 9:40 AM

THIS. I think Sookie's just okay so it's always hard for me to see why Bill and especially Eric would be so into her. If Alcide can break that pattern of making Sookie out to be some female that no supernatural creature can resist then that will be a breath of fresh air. I'm liking him so far, if only for that reason (and his smoking hot body helps too), but he needs to get over Debbie quickly because she just doesn't seem worth it to me. Of course, I've only seen her as a strung out V junkie. Maybe she was a lovely person before that.

I've not read the books and I don't plan to until CH has finished the series. I hate having to wait around for the next installment to come out so I prefer to wait until a series is complete so that I can just run through the books without any interruption. I do have a question though, are werewolves able to live forever like the vamps?

dacvingwolf

dacvingwolf

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 11:37 AM

Has he been shown transforming yet?

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 11:53 AM

Nope. He was starting to transform right as he was yelling at Sookie to run but all that was shown were his eyes turning yellow before the scene changed to Bill.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2010 @ 12:01 PM

Has he been shown transforming yet?

Like rove3 said, only in ep. 4, when all the werewolves start transforming, we see him with his "Thriller" eyes, so that's it. I hope we'll see him fully transformed in the next ep.

are werewolves able to live forever like the vamps?

It wasn't addressed yet, but I don't believe it. I mean, unlike vampires, werewolves can have children, so it will get crowded if all they do is produce off-springs and not die.

Sexy Sadie

Sexy Sadie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 6:11 PM

This character is so "betaweremale" that is not fun. Hope his alpha male guts comes in later on the show. Because up til now he has been a kind of male barbie.

Edited by Sexy Sadie, Jul 19, 2010 @ 6:12 PM.

braintrust

braintrust

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

"betaweremale" or not he is FINE. I have already re-watched every scene Alcide is in like 10 times. He is, hands down, my new favorite TV husband.

I'm also just really excited to see what else is in store for Alcide and whether or not he will hook up with Sookie...which I'm not sure I want to happen or not. I saw on imdb that he is only going to be in 7 episodes total. Does anyone know if he actually sticks around for the entire rest of the season or not?

svimouse

svimouse

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2010 @ 9:27 PM

This character is so "betaweremale" that is not fun. Hope his alpha male guts comes in later on the show. Because up til now he has been a kind of male barbie.

He is finally starting to liven up for me and with the actual pack alpha apparently wanting to go on the run, maybe Alcide will take over. The actor is a bit better in the most recent episode too. When we first met him, his voice was so dead, he reminded me of the creepy cabin dude from the Kay Jeweler's commercial. He had much better inflection in his voice this time, especially when discussing Debbie with Sookie.

Edited by svimouse, Jul 19, 2010 @ 9:29 PM.

lotte

lotte

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 20, 2010 @ 6:31 AM

I can't really tell whether they intentionally stripped him of the "alphaness" or it's just the actor who lacks the skill and presence or both.

Does anyone know if he actually sticks around for the entire rest of the season or not?

I think he is, he's in the finale.

Edited by lotte, Jul 20, 2010 @ 6:41 AM.

Sexy Sadie

Sexy Sadie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2010 @ 8:06 AM

Hope he runs over Coot soon, because right now it is only his looks who is running for him and that can become boring even for heterosexual women.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2010 @ 10:20 AM

Not this heterosexual one. At least Alcide only worked for a vamp out of obligation, not addiction, unlike Coot, plus he's capable of rational, independent thought, also unlike Coot. The only reason why Debbie would choose the likes of Coot over Alcide is that it's the V talking.

Edited by Prettyeyes, Jul 20, 2010 @ 10:21 AM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 2:06 PM

Scroll down for Joe Manganiello talking about his fitness routine and posing without a shirt: http://www.afterelto...briefs-072010-1

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 2:27 PM

Aw. His shewolf makes fun of him whenever he eats meat without a utensil. It shouldn't be sweet, but it is.

Also, his torso? Looks like something Joel Schumacher designed.

Edited by vallegirl, Jul 21, 2010 @ 2:27 PM.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 4:18 PM

I watched what TWoP Tennison recommended and...
Dear lord, that guy is hot! And he has so much charisma... Now, why we don't see that in TB?! Is it in the way Alcide is written, or maybe this Joe dude doesn't know to act?
I don't know what to think. It's just that Alcide didn't bring anything new to the show. Yes, he has hot body, but it seems that that's all he is in the show.
Of course, this is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Edited by December13, Jul 21, 2010 @ 4:40 PM.

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

I watched what TWoP Tennison recommended and...
Dear lord, that guy is hot! And he has so much charisma... Now, why we don't see that in TB?! Is it in the way Alcide is written, or maybe this Joe dude doesn't know to act?
I don't know what to think. It's just, Alcide didn't bring anything new in the show. Yes, he has a hot body, but it seems that that's all he is.
Of course, this is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree

I agree. He is super hot but he also tried to throw a punch, failed and got kicked in the nuts. I love how Sookie said he is a better wolf than Coot, when we have yet to see him do anything manly or wolfly(?) for that matter. Not that I trust Debbie's opinion but she is right, he is weak.

I definitely blame it on the writing though, I don't know how much alpha-ness you can bring to the table when they are writing you get your ass kicked all the time.

KatieJo

KatieJo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 6:54 PM

Now, why we don't see that in TB?! Is it in the way Alcide is written, or maybe this Joe dude doesn't know to act?

I think it's how Alcide's been written so far. I don't even think he's been bad in the show, but he's been given a lot of exposition stuff, which is kind of dull. I caught him on an episode of Medium before I knew it was him. I remember his scene at the end making me tear up, because he'd done a good job with it. Later on I realized that was Joe Manganiello playing the character, and I was totally surprised.

Edited by KatieJo, Jul 23, 2010 @ 3:45 PM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 6:42 AM

If werewolf packs are like real wolf packs, maybe he doesn't know how to fight much. If he's low down on the food chain, maybe he just gets through fights by rolling onto his back, covering his balls with his tail, and acting submissive.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 8:19 AM

If werewolf packs are like real wolf packs, maybe he doesn't know how to fight much. If he's low down on the food chain, maybe he just gets through fights by rolling onto his back, covering his balls with his tail, and acting submissive.

Hehehehehehe... Alcide, the puppy.

Now, you may be right, but in that case, what is the point of his character? ... Other than that Debbie chick screaming at Sookie "I'll cut you!"?

Edited by December13, Jul 22, 2010 @ 9:01 AM.