Louie

• Please log in to reply

1343 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Louis' downloadable only stand up special is going to start airing on FX this weekend. I'm guessing it will be edited for time and bleeped.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

Thanks for that info. That's great news!

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

C.K. isn't doing the Correspondents Dinner, after all:
http://www.thewrap.c...s-boycott-36129

He talks about it a little bit here, as well:
http://www.thewrap.c...-36678?page=0,0

Also, from page 2 of the second article, he's hired Woody Allen's editor for the TV show:

For the show's first two seasons, C.K. wrote, edited, produced, directed, starred in and edited every episode. For the coming season, premiering June 28, he's scaled back a bit by hiring an editor. Susan E. Morse worked for 22 years with Woody Allen.

"I only was willing to give up editing if I could get the best editor in the world, and I think that's what she is," C.K. said. "I wasn't looking for any editor, I was looking for Susan Morse."

Edited by possibilities, May 16, 2012 @ 1:45 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Thanks for that, possibilities!
Can't wait for the new season. I do believe it'll be the best one yet.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Louie's got nominations from both the Television Critics Association and the Critics' Choice Television Awards:

TCA's:
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy
- Individual Achievement in Comedy (Louis C.K.)

Critics' Choice:
- Best Actor in a Comedy Series (Louis C.K.)

Exactly three weeks till new episodes!

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

And Louis C.K. won the Critic's Choice TV Awards Best Actor in a Comedy Series award!!!

Couple more weeks to wait...

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

I love that he gets so much praise for his acting yet he hates his acting.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

I wanted to let everyone know the new season premieres this Thursday, June 28th, at 10:30pm est.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I missed him last night on Kimmel.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

I missed it, too, but it looks like the Kimmel interview is being repeated next week.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

Louie's back tonight!

And after taking on the televised comedy special model with his $5 download last year, he's taking on Ticketmaster for his upcoming tour. Tickets can only be purchased from his website, and there is $0 handling fees. $45 for every ticket, period. He even had to not play certain cities whose venues wouldn't agree to his ticket selling method. I'm so impressed by him and these new models he keeps coming up with, I can't even express it.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

I'm hoping he comes to my local theater, then. Can't wait for tonight, either (or, when it comes to OnDemand soon after).

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

I love how he's subverting the entire industry with his marketing tactics, and that he's managed to get creative control of the show in his contract, etc. Having a reputation for being a hard worker seems to be paying off. It particularly pleases me to think that such a rebellious approach is going along with a "hardworking" instead of a "renegade, troublemaker" reputation. The "creative people are flaky pains in the ass" and "you can't change the way it's done" mentalities are taking hits over this and it makes me smile.

Scrb

Scrb

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

Louis was interviewed on Fresh Air recently. One thing that was interesting was that he's a stickler for sticking to his script. As an example, he emailed the script for the episode where Dane Cook appears and got him to agree to do the show. But Cook wanted to change the dialog, so that he didn't come across as angry about the accusations of stealing materials. But Louis insisted on his script and got Cook to agree.

He said in some episodes, they really storyboard the cinematography, which is interesting, that the show doesn't have the lush or glamorous look of films. But sounds like he has some cinematic aspirations. Guess that's more likely from a comic who has an Ivy League education versus someone like Larry the Cable Guy.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

But sounds like he has some cinematic aspirations. Guess that's more likely from a comic who has an Ivy League education versus someone like Larry the Cable Guy.

Wasn't Louis CK a mechanic after graduating high school? I don't think he has an Ivy League education.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

I have to admit that I didn't think his career would be at this level after seeing Pootie Tang.

I think the Fresh Air interview aired last week was a repeat, but it was good.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Wasn't Louis CK a mechanic after graduating high school?

That's right.

I also found out he's sold $4.5 million in ticket sales in just two days.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Yes, but of course he has to pay for the theater rentals, so it's not like all that money is profit. Still, I'm so proud that he was able to pull this off.

Shprintze

Shprintze

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Just.Can't.Fucking.Wait.

And hoping he doesn't forget to put in a fart here or there cause Louie is like the Beethoven of farts.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

, but of course he has to pay for the theater rentals, so it's not like all that money is profit.

True, but I bet he'll have significantly more money even after all of his expenses than he would have gotten by going with Ticketmaster.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

That girlfriend was exhausting, but the exhausting girlfriend in me sort of saw her point. Points.

I was surprised by the choice of actress for his ex.

The parking sign confusion was tee hee rific.

indianhoop

indianhoop

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Louie (to a city construction worker around his car): "What are you guys doing?"

Worker: "I don't know."

Classic....welcome back Louie!!!

Souvien

Souvien

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

For some reason, the incessant background pleading of the old lady at the hospital just slayed me, especially the "Obama" at the end, especially today!

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

That girlfriend was former child star Gaby Hoffman! (Field of Dreams, Sleepless in Seattle, etc). I wasn't paying attention in the diner scene, but in the scene at his apartment when the camera was just on her face, I freaked out. She doesn't sound like herself anymore, but I recognized her without the help of the end credits. The only thing I don't understand is how she looks older than me because when she was a kid, I was already an adult. IMDB tells me she's 30. Did she come across as a 30 year old to you? Me neither.

Edited by braggtastic, Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:34 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

"Oh, God. You're breaking up with me!"
"No. I'm just tired."

That whole interaction was just absurd....and hilarious.

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

I am really looking forward to seeing how he plays it with his ex-wife. Even though she was only on for a few minutes I liked what I saw, especially her reaction when he told her why he'd ended up in the hospital.

As for his girlfriend, I was ready to break up with her for him.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:03 AM

It's good to have the show back.

Loved the stand-up with him needing reading glasses in order to jerk off.

The parking signs were hilarious, and then I LOVED when the construction equipment (excavator?) smashed down on his car over and over and over.

The old lady in the hospital saying, "What about Obama?" was great. Isn't that the exact same thing Louis said in last season's ep when he wanted to buy a new place?

I recognized Gaby Hoffman right away. I'm not exactly sure what to take away from this story. In the diner, Louie kept protesting that he didn't want to break up, but when she finally left he seemed relieved. Then in his apartment although he asked her to stay, when she finally left he again seemed relieved. I think there's a parallel with buying the motorcycle. You know you shouldn't, yet you can't help but get one anyway. It was stupid to buy for many reasons, but you just had to get it. You have a few minutes of joy, but then you crash and burn.

6feetover

6feetover

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

Where was Uncle Buck with his hatchet?

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

The only thing I don't understand is how [Gaby Hoffman] looks older than me

Yeah, she was on an episode of Private Practice a season-ish ago and I thought she looked kind of rough then, but she was also playing a junkie. She reminds me of a guy I grew up with – he was an adorable kid but didn’t grow up to be cute.

But goddamn, her character was annoying as shit.

Louie’s ex-wife is beautiful! And I fell out laughing at “ass-necked idiot.” Also the doctor who checked him out was hot.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

That girlfriend was exhausting

I'm not exactly sure what to take away from this story. In the diner, Louie kept protesting that he didn't want to break up, but when she finally left he seemed relieved. Then in his apartment although he asked her to stay, when she finally left he again seemed relieved

IMO the best part of all of that was that she was just a sex buddy and Louie had put way too much pressure on himself and that relationship.

The old lady in the hospital saying, "What about Obama?" was great. Isn't that the exact same thing Louis said in last season's ep when he wanted to buy a new place?

Yes and I thought it was a great callback because it made about as much sense in that setting as when Louie used it when he was talking to his accountant.

I was surprised by the choice of actress for his ex

As was I since I could've sworn we already met his ex and she was played by a different actress but his ex is gorgeous so I'm not complaining plus it seems like such a Louie CK thing to do to cast an actress of color to play his ex. For one thing Serge's father was obviously black but Louie never mentioned it, and although Louis CK looks like a ginger and most people probably assume he's just white, Louie CK is half mexican. Plus we saw him stalking/obsessed with a black store clerk and his ex has a husband or boyfriend who is white. So my guess is he's fascinated with race and/or interracial couples.

I liked the fact that when he wanted someone to take care of him he claimed a truck hit him instead of telling the truth that he was on a motorcycle and fell. I guess based on the doctor's reaction and his ex's reaction he knew he wouldn't get any sympathy by admitting he was on a motorcycle.

I'm glad I got to see at least most of his last internet special, about time my insomnia paid off.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:27 PM.