Rizzoli & Isles

• Please log in to reply

2982 replies to this topic

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Maura Isles I see what your saying but I know from personal experience you can be platonic and semi adopt your BFF's family. My parents died when I was a kid and my BFF's family (mom in particular) always took an extra interest in me. My friend and I have been BFF's since 9th grade and believe me I never had an inclination to us being remotely sexual with one another or with any of the siblings. Whereas with my former in-laws there was always sort of a distant feeling because they blamed me for us choosing not to have kids even though it was clearly a mutual decision. But I guess every situation is different as is each individual...

Edited by corrinthos, Apr 4, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

Maura IsLes

Maura IsLes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Gosh corrinthos, on the one hand I'm so sorry about your loss, must have been incredibly painful, but I'm very glad you had such good people to step in. This show seems particularly good at inspiring wishes in its audience, doesn't it? Maybe because they do a great job of frustrating everyone to some extent. I just wish the men they offer as romantic interests seemed worthy of them. But all I was really pointing out before was that the things you offered as reasons why Jane & Maura should be only friends works just as well as evidence to suggest they are more.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

First Look: Angie Harmon Plays a Hooker!

Seriously cannot wait for this - always wondered just how
Spoiler

Maura IsLes

Maura IsLes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Samantha84 I just came over here to post the same thing, so I won't bother. The thing you mention is the part I'm interested in, too. But the rest? I find it all extremely predictable and I think it will be fertile ground for everything I fear will happen. Although I wonder
Spoiler
. I don't know, just seems like Tamaro reached for every cliche in the book.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

I think
Spoiler
. That's just me though

FinnishViewer

FinnishViewer

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

Samantha84, the actor playing agent Dean is not Eddie Ciprian. At least not in the previous episodes he's been in.

EDIT: Sorry, I see now you meant something else with the reference to Eddie Cibrian.

Maura IsLes

Maura IsLes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

I'm just bummed that it seems Tamaro seems to rush headlong to embrace mediocrity and hackneyed. How tired, how predictable, and really, how insulting that Jane is doing the 'undercover hooker' thing? Because the only kind of undercover role a woman in a drug unit could ever use is a prostitute? WTF? And again Tamaro's 'planning' looks exceptionally slapdash.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

It may be cliche but it's also very realistic, the reason why (I feel) it's used on television procedural so often. It happened in real life, trust me, I know.

Maura IsLes

Maura IsLes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

I could kind of see it if we're talking street walkers who obviously look like working girls and the buy/busts being pretty small time, otherwise there is no need for the 'prostitute' cover, because I don't think the "I'm putting myself through grad school as a high paid call girl" requires the same level of obvious (or lack there of) costume and probably wouldn't be recognized as a tradeworker in any situation other than 'work'. I know realism isn't R&I's strong suit, but any woman as old as AH/Jane walking the streets is NOT going to look anything remotely like Angie Harmon.

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

I think its weak and shows no imagination to have Jane go undercover as a hooker. She's a well known highly decorated Detective who has been on the force many years. If they have to go the undercover route then I would prefer that it would be to take some sort of international sex trafficking ring down or perhaps working with military ops on a gun running operation (for example), something with more depth than a sraight up hooker. Does anyone knoe the storyline anyway?

Maura IsLes

Maura IsLes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

corrinthos I'm not certain but I think this is part of
Spoiler

DXD562

DXD562

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

For the spoiler lovers -

http://absolutelyang...s-season-3.html

atlanta

atlanta

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

Agree with Corrinthos. Book Jane would never ever go undercover as a hooker. I don't know if any of you have read the books, but Jane and Maura meet because she moved to Boston as the new ME and become closer friends as the series goes on.

craziness

craziness

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

There's a nice ad for R&I on the back of the current Women's World magazine (think that's the one). Unfortunely, I have no idea where to find it on-line and no scanner, but it has R&I, each with luggage, and says something like "Moving to Tuesdays is easier for some". Jane has one roller bag with BPD on it, while Maura has a luggage cart piled higher than she is tall, with many many cases.

I'm sooooo looking forward to June 5th.

Also, does anyone know what kind of "extras" the season 2 DVDs will have - is it worth buying?

HouseofJudith

HouseofJudith

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Don't forget, the season 3 premiere is tonight.

Last week's promo...

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

and yet another one with a witchy Isles.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2WfPrtPQwOM

Here are some TV guide spoilers to get you in the mood.

http://www.tvguide.c...op-1048497.aspx

craziness

craziness

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

Okay - I liked it. Lots of stuff happened, moved the story along. I totally saw through Cavenaugh's transferring Jane to Evidence Recovery (though I thought she was in on it) and totally saw through the bad guy - but I don't really watch this show for the "police procedure".

Thought Pike was funny, especially when he was recording the "cat fight".

Actually loved how Angela was hugging and touching Jane, no matter how much she objected.

Will have to watch again, but on first glance, I liked it.

TargetDemo

TargetDemo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

I liked it too. Mainly for your #1 point, craziness. The story can has been kicked far down the road. I like how they involved everyone, even Cavanaugh. Jane trashing Dean's flowers made me LOLZ.

BruceMO

BruceMO

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Did anyone Catch Angie on Jimmy Fallon Monday night? Entertaining interview, then she skunked him at Beer Pong. He should be embarrassed about that too, since that dress was so tight and cleavagy that she must have been Spanxed and chicken cutleted to within an inch of her life. I don't see how she could move. (not that I'm complaining).

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

For a couple of people who aren't a couple Rizzoli & Isles sure have intertwined their lives. I didn't realize how much until they were in a fight and they actually didn't want to see each other. Not so easy when you are the most couply non-couple,

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Jun 6, 2012 @ 9:16 AM.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

It was kinda convenient that she happens to pick up the right gun and then just happens to decide to go shoot it and notices that the bullets match. Whatever, I still enjoy this show.

HouseofJudith

HouseofJudith

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Re: Intertwined lives... I loved that Angela saw how much the two women were alike in their refusal to be hugged, and how she told Maura she looked upon her as another daughter.

I also loved the fact that, despite not wanting to be "hugged", Jane knew where to go for comfort (Mom) and that when she was being tossed out of Maura's house she made a decision to "take" her Mom with her. Was she being "bitchy"? I don't think so. Angela may love Maura but she IS Jane's Mom and Jane did need her.

I even loved how Maura's Mom stepped up to the plate, telling Maura SHE was "her" daughter (not "Hope's)

Discovering the identity of the artist was weird, but even weirder (a word?) was realizing Mama Isles had given Maura the only "picture" she had of Maura's biological mother. I liked that Jane put 2 & 2 together when she saw the photo and recognized it from the sketch.

Glad to see things are "improving" between the 2 women.

As for Pike and his smart phone... do you think he posted that "cat fight" on youtube yet?

All Over Blue

All Over Blue

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

I am not crazy about the dyed-black hair on Rizzoli. These two are sexier than just about any other pair on tv. I have learned long ago to ignore the craziness that moves the plot along. I don't care. These two women are very entertaining.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

Loved the premiere. The episode never slowed, in my opinion, the pacing was great.
The "catfight" they had in Maura's office was the best. I lol'ed when Maura said that people call Jane a bitch behind her back and the emphasis she put on the word. Jane's reaction was great too.

Loved Angela in this episode! I know, surprised me too. lol. Angela and Jane scenes were the best part of the episode, in my opinion.

Agent Dean is gone for now, I'm not too sad about that. Personally I like Casey better for Jane and though not the best chemistry I've ever seen, Angie and the actor have more than Angie and Billy Burke.

Something that I love and want to just kiss whosoever idea it is ... having Jane put her hair up in a ponytail when she goes to a crime scene! It's by far the most realistic thing I've ever seen on this show. BRAVA!

bpox

bpox

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

OK, I loved it, but this is TWOP, right?

Were those the world's clunkiest flashbacks or what? Jane would just sit there staring off into space as if she had been lobotomized.

And man the clunky exposition to remind us of all the key plot points leading up to this conflict. Those were very pilot episode-like in their baldness. I feel like I had all this recap and the episode didn't really go much of anywhere with it. Then again it was fluffy and fun, and I can forgive a lot of dropping the melodrama when it delivers on the fluff.

I had to love the wire scene. They are adorable. The meet cute was cute, but really brief. It sort of felt thrown away. I loved fighting over Jane's mom, and Frankie showing up for breakfast where ever she went.

Edited by bpox, Jun 6, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

HouseofJudith

HouseofJudith

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

They have finally realized that Angela makes a great Mom and not just a throwaway comic moment.

Still, I DO like those comic moments, like when She was in bed with Jane, complaining about giving up her luxurious matress at Maura's for the COUCH.

Codger

Codger

Stalker

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

I am completely amused that hugging is Jane's kryptonite and her mother can use it to coerce her. Most mothers are just masters of guilt but since Jane is impervious, mom has adapted.

Edited by Codger, Jun 7, 2012 @ 6:34 PM.

cp9

cp9

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 1:07 AM

I love how Jane is just so "street smart" that she can manipulate Dr. Pike into doing what she needs him to do.

Oh, and one of my favorite lines in the episode was when Jane said "It's awful. Like my life!" If I read that line in the script it might look rather corny, but Angie's delivery and acting made it fit well, and funny too.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

I am completely amused that hugging is Jane's kryptonite and her mother can use it to coerce her. Most mothers are just masters of guilt but since Jane is impervious, mom has adapted.

That was my absolute favorite part of the episode. What's really funny to me is that I think they are so much alike. Both have unconventional negotiating styles.

ceindreadh

ceindreadh

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

My favourite line/scene of the ep. Jane and Frost in the evidence place.

Jane "You want to sneak this (gun) out in your pants?"

Frost (looks down) "Not enough room!"

Heh!

Mars477

Mars477

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Holy Product Placement Batman!

Also the faux-Rizzoli and Isles themed ads make me want to punt a small adorable puppy.

Edited by Mars477, Jun 12, 2012 @ 8:11 PM.