3-13: "Full Measure" 2010.06.13 (recap)

• Please log in to reply

270 replies to this topic

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 12:12 PM

Jesse goes on the lam in the 3rd season finale, but Mike is right on his heels, so Walt works a deal with Gus and comes up with an unsettling plan that might help guarantee both his and Jesse's safety.

Looks like we'll have an extended episode tonight. (Yay!) Please do not post here until after the episode has ended tonight at approximately 11:47pm ET. We wouldn't want Mod Dietrich to have to break bad on us, especially on the last episode of the season. Many thanks to you, Dietrich, for being the best mod ever! And thanks to all you guys. Your posts and this forum make watching the show so much better.

. . . . .

edit: It looks like I was wrong about the extended episode. The new sereis Rubicon is set to debut immediately following tonight's finale. Sorry about that.

Edited by Fisher King, Jun 13, 2010 @ 7:15 PM.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 9:17 PM

There's probably still a pretty good chance it runs over by a few minutes. Whatever; you all know the rules. Start posting when the episode ends, whenever that is.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

I'm stunned. That episode was so intense I have a stomachache.

So much for my theory that Mike is secretly a cop. He is one bad mofo. That scene in the chemical place was one of the best scenes in the entire series, IMO.

Jesse's face at the end was heartbreaking. Are we sure the gun blast was from his gun???

Wow, just wow.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Vinny Vidi Vici

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

It was the regular length. The extra 47 minutes look like "Rubicon" sneak peek.

Oh yeah, and BB: OMFG!

fucking loved it. Now THAT is a cliffhanger!

I think Jesse moved his gun. Or that's what we're supposed to think. For months. Shit, when does Season 4 start? I'm jonesing BAD already.

Edited by Vinny Vidi Vici, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:03 PM.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

That was seriously powerful... I feel sick to my stomach.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

Damn, Gale just can't catch a break, can he? I feel bad for the guy but if it's between him and Jesse/Walt, so long Gale.

itgurl29

itgurl29

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:03 PM

Wow. Just wow. I feel for Gale but then again, he seemed totally fine knowing that Walt was gonna get taken out.

Edited by itgurl29, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:04 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:03 PM

Jonathan Banks OWNED this episode.

I almost cried for Jesse at the end.
And I knew that Walt would never give him up. Ever.

This was almost perfection.

Zif

Zif

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

I was screaming at Jesse to get out of there when he had Gale at gunpoint. He didn't have much of a time advantage at all over Victor, who would be barreling after him.

Wow. Just wow. I feel for Gayle but then again, he seemed totally fine knowing that Walt was gonna get taken out.

Did he, though? He seemed to buy Gus' story about Walt dying of cancer and being unable to continue.

Edited by Zif, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:05 PM.

Kris

Kris

Video Archivist

Wow...that was something.

I feel somewhat gypped because I thought the episode would run long. However I wasn't expecting it to end on that note.

Bye, bye Gale.

What I want to know now is how Walt is going to deal with Gus.

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Wow...Poor Gayle..but not really...he was going to have Walt x-ed out so...

Oh. my. god...Walt, I thought he gave Jesse up...I was actually yelled "YES!!!" when he told Jesse the plan. Poor Jesse

I held my breath for the entire last 20 minutes.

Brilliant

Edited by SDcat2009, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:06 PM.

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

And the plot thickens.....

Poor Gale. Although good plan on Walt's part. May have bought them some time. Loved the look on Mike's face when he realized what Walt had done.

Some things are just priceless.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

Jesse just shattered my heart into a million little pieces, again. Walt had better earn that, and just saving Jesse's life last week wasn't enough. You broke him, Walt. You better stick around to put him back together.

I didn't expect them to bring Gale back, and certainly not for that.

Mike is such a badass. I love him.

I really thought Walt was going to sell Jesse out, so that phone call was my favorite moment of the whole thing.

itgurl29

itgurl29

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

Did he, though? He seemed to buy Gus' story about Walt dying of cancer and being unable to continue.

Gale is a smart man. He knows what kind of dirty and dangerous business he's in.

Edited by itgurl29, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:09 PM.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Particularly because I was expecting a longer episode right up until the credits rolled that ending caught me truly off guard.

I'm also fairly certain that even if Jesse just killed Gale, Walt's well and truly screwed anyway. Thus far they've left Walt's family alone, but it becomes a simple matter of "Teach so-and-so to cook, or we'll kill your wife (or children)." So at most it buys Walt days. I'm pretty sure Gus did order Tomas killed, despite all of his outrage at being asked, and I don't think he'd hesitate. Gus will be furious, Mike will be furious.

It's possible that it will turn out the Jesse did not kill Gale, I suppose, but that hardly solves the problem.

What the heck was with Gale's apartment, by the way? What was he listening too, and what the heck was that thing with potatoes, not to mention what appeared to be peeling doll's heads. I couldn't figure out if Gale was supposed to be a harmless eccentric, or a potential serial killer.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

I feel somewhat gypped because I thought the episode would run long. However I wasn't expecting it to end on that note.

I felt the same way; I had my hopes up when I saw the episode was scheduled until 11:47; I knew some of it would be "Rubicon" but was hoping only like 15 minutes and that we'd have an hour and a half finale

Kris

Kris

Video Archivist

Loved the look on Mike's face when he realized what Walt had done.

Ditto.

The plan may have bought Walt some time, but how is Jesse going to deal with things now? He looked positively distraught at Gale's door.

Things have just gone from bad to worse for Walt and Jesse.

blahface

blahface

Channel Surfer

Is that it?! Please tell me there is going to be another season.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:10 PM

He seemed to know that Walt was going to be killed when Gus kept up the pressure to whittle down the number of cooks he'd need to be able to run the lab. He tried to go for a higher number, and Gus just kept staring. Pretty sure Gale understood that it wasn't cancer that was going to be taking Walt's life.

I also got the feeling that Gale wanted to try and warn Walt in the lab when he asked about the cleaning process and the other henchmen was right there almost immediately.

DaLovin Dj

DaLovin Dj

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:10 PM

I'll be upset if they pull back from what that ending implied. If Jesse ended up shooting next to him and telling him he better run for his life and never come back, or something along those lines,it will be a cop-out.

Great episode. I had assumed the cartel would get Gus this episode, and that's what would allow Walt to rise in the ranks. Glad I was wrong, because Gus will likely be back next season (which they haven't even announced yet, right? come on, what are they waiting for?)

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

Bravo VG, excellent episode. What a way to leave it - so we'll be busting to see season 4. Gale, how great was he in his scenes. What a strange guy - loved his character.
Can't wait to listen to the pod cast.

Thanks for another wonderful season cast & crew of BB!

Max Borntolose

Max Borntolose

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

It's sad about Gale. Sure he was a smart guy but the impression I got was that he hadn't really worked out that in this business he fell into he was surrounded by monsters. He actually thought he was being robbed! Poor sap.

The potatoes were a battery, btw.

bbob

bbob

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

That was fantastic!!! The look on Jesse's face was just heartbreaking, but he did what he had to do to save Walt. What goes around, comes around.

Walt can really think fast on his feet, can't he? I just hope that Jesse gets away from Gale's apartment in time.

Gus' scene at Gale's apartment showed how much Walt has spooked him. He needs Walt's formula, but he can't trust him. His manipulation of Gale was intense - bartering him down to "one more cook". What a great scene. (And, I loved the scene of Gale singing along with the song and watering his plants. He was so happy in his own element. Who knew that a few short hours later it would be the scene of his demise?)

I loved the tease at the open about how Walt & Skyler got the house - they looked so happy together. You could really see that they loved each other and enjoyed each other's company.

Mike needs his own spin-off! That was some seriously good television - I would watch that every week! Especially his first kill-shot! (Two for one - Mike is definitely a badass mofo!!) And, I loved his line to Walt out in the desert - "I could kill you from here". Mike could. He really could.

I laughed out loud at several scenes, and was on the edge of the couch for several others. Bravo Vince Gilligan and crew for a great season finale, and a great season overall!

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:17 PM

Holy Sh!t!

I thought that Jesse had pulled the gun away...but according to Alan Sepinwall (who interviews Vince Gilligan) that it was the camera that pulled in front of the gun before the shot.

Damn. It ended so suddenly I wasn't expecting that.

Nice shout out to BB fan Stephen King.

Agree with you all on the bad-assed-ness of Mike.

Wow.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:19 PM

The potatoes were a battery, btw.

Thank you, Max Borntolose , I couldn't figure out if it was a clock, a timer, or what. Between the shot of spuds, the King novel, the peeling mannequin head (or whatever the heck that was) and what sounded like Gilbert and Sullivan being sung by electrocuted chipmunks singing in a foreign language? Very weird place.

DaLovin Dj

DaLovin Dj

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:21 PM

Renewed. Also says they are spending 3 mil an episode. Damn.

Edited by DaLovin Dj, Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:23 PM.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:23 PM

Renewed.

THANK THE LORD.

bbob

bbob

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:24 PM

Very weird place.

Yeah, but kind of cool, in a very nerdy, scientist kind of way. Gale had his own place set up to make him very comfortable. All his stuff there that made him happy. The one place he could go and be totally himself. Then, Gus comes in and basically tells him to step his game up, because Walt, a guy he clearly admires a lot, is going to be out of the picture very soon. And then Jesse shows up...

freespeech

freespeech

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:24 PM

I didn't like this episode as the final one of the season.

I liked seeing that Gus is ruthless - which we knew. Mike is a hard core killer, movie style - fine. He's after Jesse now.

I understand that Walt is now ruthless too, by wanting to take out Gale.

I missed Walt's family in this episode. I have to think they weren't there to make a point. Walt is on his own mission. Skyler, Walt Jr., Hank and Marie weren't even in his thoughts (that we saw) when he spoke to Gus and drove home his bargain.

On to others' opinions!

KnitTzu

KnitTzu

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2010 @ 10:27 PM

Renewed.

Seldom has a single word brought me such joy.

That was amazing. This show is so good it makes it hard to watch anything else.