S7 - Robert Roldan: Pretty "Bad" Dancer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

324 replies to this topic

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 12:51 AM

Sorry, can't think of anything.

Zengar

Zengar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:07 AM

Meet Robert Roldan from Hollywood Life.

chesslover

chesslover

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:20 AM

He's obviously the chosen one based on his 5 seconds exposure on last night's show. May as well give him the title now.

saramconie

saramconie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:46 AM

It's 'Roldan'

toothfairy

toothfairy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 3:16 PM

The pretty one

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 7:25 PM

Video > (KorbiTV) SYTYCD Top 11: Robert Roldan

Unusual Suspect

Unusual Suspect

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:52 PM

His spastic dance earned a laugh from me. Best 11 second intro.

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:56 PM

I really like him. He's a beautiful dancer and he has a beautiful face. He's my dark horse for the win!

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

It's 'Roldan'

Hmm. So it is. Fixed!

overg

overg

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 6:56 AM

Annoyed the piss out of me in under five seconds of talking after his group dance. Instantly went far beyond anyone else on my "please leave this show forever" list.

Too bad too, because his dancing showed promise in Wade's piece. But I'm not going to be able to tolerate this moron for any length of time unless he tones it way, way, way down.

IHeartDVR

IHeartDVR

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 10:48 AM

He stood out in Wade's routine and I think he'll be one of the most versatile guys.

svimouse

svimouse

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

Annoyed the piss out of me in under five seconds of talking after his group dance.

Yes, he did, but I actually did enjoy his spazzy 11 second clip and he can definitely dance. He's also not unattractive.
What is it they say about David Beckham? Pretty in a "No No, Don't speak" kind of way.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:21 AM

Pretty as a picture but almost completely ignored until last night? He does have a charisma on stage that is only party due to his height and looks. But I do hope he can calm down. No one wants the hot guy to be that much of a dork. It's just unseemly.

ShellBen

ShellBen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:55 AM

He was definitely killing Wade and Sonya's routines last night. As a dancer, my eyes are definitely on him. And well, my eyes are on him for other reasons too. Hehe.

He bugged, once he stopped dancing though. I think the "goofiness" would have bugged me less had I not watched his interviews before the episode, where he made sure to point out that he had a big personality and he hoped viewers would see it. I dunno, it always annoys me when contestants try to sell their personality. It kinda reminded me of when Thayne was all OTT in the first episodes (though I LOVE him now, so I'm not writing Robert out just yet)

IHeartDVR

IHeartDVR

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:00 PM

Please don't let him talk his way off the show. He and Alex look the most mature to me when they dance. Since there are no Ryans this year, I'd like Robert to stick around for a while. If he continues to bug, I'll just FFwd him after he finishes dancing.

allemand

allemand

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 8:41 PM

I think part of the reason he seems so goofy is that he's really young--the second youngest guy on the show, a year younger than Billy. He looks mature and has a pretty impressive resume, but he's still chronologically and psychologically a kid. If he were 29 and still acting that way, I'd be seriously annoyed, but as things are, I'm inclined to give him a break. And there's always the mute button.

leemil

leemil

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2010 @ 11:29 PM

He's in my top 5 at the moment, he'd probably be higher if I didnt
see him talk. Gotta feel for him though, from his twitter he knows he's
had no almost no screen time, in danger of becoming fodder and was
just trying a bit too hard to compensate.

RJRoldan: Holy Guacamole I'm a fighter! Im not giving up and hopefully you will see that! WORK HARD and make it happen! :) LETS GO

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 6:43 AM

Video > (Danceplug) SYTYCD Top 11 Interview: Robert Roldan

Anisel

Anisel

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 9:08 AM

I thought he did very well in both Wade's and Sonya's routines. He shows a lot of promise and I hope he sticks around.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 9:10 AM

Two words for Robert: Jason Castro.

svimouse

svimouse

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

I think part of the reason he seems so goofy is that he's really young--the second youngest guy on the show, a year younger than Billy.

There's really only a 3 month difference. Robert turns 20 at the end of July and Billy turned 20 at the beginning of May. But anyways, yes, they are all quite young and Robert is definitely one of the youngest. It's just jarring hearing him speak so spastically because he looks to be 25 or so and is handsome in a mature way (as opposed to just being 'cute').

Two words for Robert: Jason Castro.

I don't get the reference. Is it because Jason was so pretty and not particularly well spoken?

Edited by svimouse, Jun 12, 2010 @ 11:01 AM.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 12:09 PM

Jason was a complete cipher when he made the final 24 on his season of AI. That plus the locks made him seem like he was put through because they needed people to get dumped before the final 12 started performing. But he managed to charm people right off the bat with his version of ""Daydream" and ended up finishing fourth.

svimouse

svimouse

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2010 @ 1:04 PM

Oh, okay, that explains it. I didn't think Jason was fodder in his season so I didn't get the connection. But let's just hope Robert doesn't get it in his head to talk about hair extensions falling off while on a date.

pochaco

pochaco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2010 @ 7:01 PM

Seeing Robert hang with the big boys (Danny, Travis, Nick) in Travis' best choreography to date gives me hope that he'll go very far on the competition.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 6:51 PM

Video > (FOX) SYTYCD Top 11 Interview: Robert Roldan

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 9:53 PM

He was great tonight, but he needs to dial it back a little bit. I get that he's goofy, but he just needs to calm down, I fear it will turn people off to him.

binturite

binturite

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 12:17 AM

He's sort of a knucklehead in a matinee idol's body.

Which is cuteish, I guess. But he really needs to relax and dial back a bit on the goofiness, because that could definitely turn potential voters away supporting him regardless of his natural dance ability and skills, not to mention his good looks.

With the "eh" exceptions of Mischa and Neil, the rest of the returning allstars are pretty much the only reason I'm even bothering to watch this season.

At this point, Alex (who also needs to dial back on some non-performance related "stuff") and Robert, are the only newbies I can bring my self to care about.

So I'd be disppointed if Robert's apparent cluelessness about how he's coming across on camera causes him to be booted before, well, any of the newbie girls and all but one of the boys.

Unusual Suspect

Unusual Suspect

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 12:50 AM

I rather enjoy his exuberance. Plus, in a season full of hotties, the guy manages to stand out.

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

• Interests:Glass arts, gardening, botany.

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 9:02 AM

Since I'm going to hell and the rest of you are heaven-bound...

Imma gonna come right out and say it -

Robert is the love child of Gilligan and Kramer.

GILLIGAN and KRAMER.

not in a good way...

dancingdoc

dancingdoc

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 10:51 AM

Robert is the love child of Gilligan and Kramer.

Ha Ha, Nigel maybe. Robert is just an immature 19 year old who looks like a studly 25 something year old player. I think he's one that hasn't emotionally grown into his looks yet, which is kind of refreshing.