Bachelor Pad: Wilted Rose of Love?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2286 replies to this topic

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2010 @ 8:25 PM

From ABC's Medianet, with thanks to Phillip J Fry

BACHELOR PAD - PREMIERES MONDAY, AUGUST 9 (8:00-10:00 p.m.) - Twenty of the most unforgettable contestants/suitors from the hit franchise "The Bachelor" will reunite - all under one roof - for the all-new series "Bachelor Pad." The series, the first "all-star" reunion from previous seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette," will feature the participants living together in a house in a competitive reality show. The show will also offer the 20 now-single contestants a "second chance" at finding love, something that didn't quite work out during their first stint on "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette."

Each week the reunited contestants will compete in challenges, some of which are inspired by incidents from prior seasons. Each two-hour episode will conclude with evictions from the residence. At the end of the six-episode run, one contestant will emerge victorious and will take home a cash prize -- and who knows, maybe even have found "the one." Participants and further details about the prize will be announced at a later date.

"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host Chris Harrison will host "Bachelor Pad." Executive producers of "Bachelor Pad" are Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Jay Bienstock. The series is from Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television.

I'm personally wishing this wasn't a competitive reality show and more of a Big Brother situation, but eh, whaddya do? Anyone have casting info or rumors? Based on what we saw on 20/20, I think Holly will likely make an appearance, as she is EVERYWHERE she can be media-wise. I would personally love to see Tina Fabulous from Firestone's season, but I'm assuming she isn't enough of a famewhore for these shenanigans. I do live in Dallas, which is traditionally a fabulous breeding ground for Bachelors and Bachelorettes, so I will keep updating as I hear things in local media. Mix 102.9 generally has Reality Steve and other contestants on the air periodically. Fingers crossed for cheesy awesomeness.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2010 @ 8:29 PM

The names of those involved have started to leak out. I have only heard male names so far. I haven't heard any female names leaked yet.

Maverick

Maverick

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2010 @ 9:35 PM

Isn't this just I Love Money for The Bachelor franchise?

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 10:00 AM

Isn't this just I Love Money for The Bachelor franchise?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 1:53 PM

Those were my thoughts as well. They are competing for money not love, right? So what its gonna be male and females in the same house?

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 2:19 PM

I believe it will be 10 men and 10 women from past shows, those who are single one would imagine. I believe Holly is dating Michael S. From Jilly's season.

I've heard the names of a few so far Kiptyn from Jilly's season, Jeremy from DeAnna's, Tenley from Jake's season

I believe Reality Steve posted a list of who he's heard the rumored contestants are. This seems like Big Brother to me with a lot of focus on booze and hooking up.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 7:47 PM

Oh no. Tell me I'm strong enough resist this crap! Even though I know, in my heart, I'm not. And I'll watch it. Damn you, summer programming!

DoleWhip

DoleWhip

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

Yes - I Love Money is being reincarnated! So happy that 'The Bachelor' franchise has finally decided to openly stoop this low, because I need my train wreck TV.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2010 @ 12:00 PM

I think "I Love Money" is a perfect comparison - if you guys can think of a wittier thing to say for the topic name, I'm all for changing it. I was trying to come up with something with Rock of Love and it was an epic fail.

Again I wish they weren't kicking people off -how can they find twu wuv if they aren't given the time? Wait...creators of The Bachelor don't really care about time spent, do they?

Jeremy is definitely from the Dallas area, and I've seen him around a few times - anticipate being able to get a lot of local media coverage. Sweet!

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2010 @ 2:30 PM

According to an ABC press release, Melissa Rycroft will be co-hosting "Bachelor Pad" with Chris Harrison.

In 2009 Rycroft joined ABC News as a special contributor for "Good Morning America," delivering fun and uplifting stories from across the country and from Hollywood's most glamorous red carpets. She also co-hosted "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve" for ABC where she appeared alongside host Ryan Seacrest.

"Bachelor Pad" reunites 19 of the most unforgettable suitors from the hit franchise "The Bachelor." The series, which marks the first "all-star" reunion from previous seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette," will feature the contestants living together while competing against each other in a series of challenges. At stake is $250,000 and maybe a second chance at finding love.

I sincerely hope I will be strong enough to resist the lure of "Bachelor Pad." I mean, "The Bachelorette" is bad enough.

Selma04

Selma04

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2010 @ 7:48 PM

According to an ABC press release, Melissa Rycroft will be co-hosting "Bachelor Pad" with Chris Harrison.

This cracks me up. Chris's role on TB has become almost non-existent. What will he be doing here that he needs help?

Edited by Selma04, Jun 8, 2010 @ 7:49 PM.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 9:27 AM

More speculated HGs

This Bachelorette season's Jonathon the Weatherman and his nemesis Craig M plus Gia from Jake's season.

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 11:50 AM

People has released the participants .... I was hoping for more old-school contestants, most seem to be from Jake's and Jillian's seasons.

Edited by jcsc, Jun 16, 2010 @ 11:52 AM.

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 1:38 PM

I'm not surprised that most of the cast is from the past year. Seems like being willing to hook up was a must to being cast so people in relationships like Reid, DeAnna, Jesse C, etc all said no to being on the show. So it would make sense that people from seasons that were years ago would have moved on with their lives and are no longer single. It will be nice to see Peyton & Gwen again.

And I'm sure its killing DeAnna that Melissa got the hosting gig over her!!

Edited by CindyBee, Jun 16, 2010 @ 1:39 PM.

NightBaron

NightBaron

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 8:33 PM

I'm a bit disappointed by the cast list, to be honest. I don't want to see Craig M. or David or Wes again. I'll probably watch to see Jesse and Kiptyn, Gwen(!) and... that's pretty much it.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 9:46 PM

What I can't figure out is how Disney princess Tenley will work on the boozed up hooked up lovefest of moola. What will the bluebirds do that fly around her head when they see all the carnage? Impale themselves on the Weatherman's pity party swizzle sticks? But Peculiar Jesse is worth a look. Oh who am I kidding I'll watch this crap regardless. Sigh. I'm weak.

MegBoblaw

MegBoblaw

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

I'm a teacher in the same school as Ashley Elmore (the "flight attendant" from Jake's season)...Hopefully she'll stay on longer and I can get more dirt to post here.

eatingchicken

eatingchicken

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 7:29 AM

I actually came to this post to go "Flight Attendant Ashley" is in the Bachelor Pad so maybe MegBoblaw would be getting more spoilers. Now I'm excited about this show.

Pope of Mope

Pope of Mope

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 12:16 PM

Poor Gwen! I thought she was so sweet and normal on Aaron's season (and way too good for him),and I figured that she would go on to meet a nice guy and have a normal life. Instead, she hooked up with Blob and now, seven years later, decides that it is a good idea to go on this Bachelor Pad show? It just seems so sad and desperate. You're better than this, Gwen! (You too, Peyton!)

Funny how Melissa's love of the spotlight seems to have overcome her supposed decision not to have anything to do with the Bachelor franchise again due to the way they treated her with regards to Jasongate.

boat cat

boat cat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 2:50 PM

When did Gwen hook up with Blob?!

Pope of Mope

Pope of Mope

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 4:24 PM

When did Gwen hook up with Blob?!

After he was on Trista's season, but before he was Oprah's darling and somehow convinced Fleiss to let him become the next Bachelor. I think I read somewhere that they were dating, and then he agreed to become the Bachelor without telling her, discussing it, etc.

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2010 @ 6:58 PM

Poor Gwen! I thought she was so sweet and normal on Aaron's season (and way too good for him), and I figured that she would go on to meet a nice guy and have a normal life.

According to her web site, she's been modeling on QVC, working as a casting agent at "Bachelor/ette" casting calls, and doing infomercials. I think anyone on "Bachelor Pad" who's NOT a total famewhore is "not there for the right reasons."

jblitz

jblitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2010 @ 12:58 AM

Here's an interview with Mathieu who got booted before the show even began. I'm betting he flunked an STD or drug test.

K617L

K617L

Video Archivist

• Interests:Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Survivor, Dexter, Mad Men, Big Love, Trueblood, Amazing Race, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Gossip Girl<br /><br />RIP: Farscape, Veronica Mars, BTVS, Angel

Posted Jun 24, 2010 @ 9:26 PM

Poor Gwen! I thought she was so sweet and normal on Aaron's season (and way too good for him),and I figured that she would go on to meet a nice guy and have a normal life. Instead, she hooked up with Blob and now, seven years later, decides that it is a good idea to go on this Bachelor Pad show? It just seems so sad and desperate. You're better than this, Gwen! (You too, Peyton!)

I am shocked that Gwen is still single. And she looks fantastic!

I would've liked to have seen more contestants from the earlier seasons as well. I wonder if Helene (Aaron's pick, who he then dumped) is still single as well. Didn't she and Gwen write a dating book together?

Megboblaw, I immediately thought of you as well when I read Ashley would be on it......I guess alot of us remember interesting TWOPers' posts:)

CalumetK

CalumetK

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2010 @ 7:10 AM

Reality Steve has posted spoilers for the show here.

Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 5:00 PM

Here's an interview with Mathieu who got booted before the show even began. I'm betting he flunked an STD or drug test.

Would someone with an account at that site be able to copy the interview; I can't see it! Wahhhh!!!

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 6:20 PM

So there are men and women on this show? For some reason I thought the show was all men. How on earth is this not on VH1?!?!? First will come the tentative spit and saliva exchanges; followed by the full bore showmances complete with descriptives "connection" and "journey". Then the tears, denials and recriminations.

I have to admit, not a single member is a draw for me to view. But the idea of so many attention whores vying for the camera and playing out his or her own story for camera time could be the closest thing to throwing a bunch of Christians in with some hungry lions. Forget trainwreck, this when planets collide.

I would've liked to have seen more contestants from the earlier seasons as well.

For me it is the opposite since the intimate fondle train is so wonderfully incestuous. A bunch of men and women who have all basically gotten to second, third and even fourth base with one another by at most three removes? This is Six Degrees of Penetration! And while I am disgusted with myself having typed that, I'm also almost looking forward to this mess.

Edited by heebiejeebie, Jul 1, 2010 @ 6:24 PM.

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 1:33 AM

This really does seem like a show for VH-1.

I don't want to see Craig M. or David or Wes again.

I am so against seeing them that, with any luck, I won't be watching at all.

You'd think they would have done whatever they could to attract past seasons' fan favorites (assuming they weren't all smart enough, or "occupied" enough to just say "no" no matter what).I'm glad that former contestants I would have liked to see, don't seem to be there. At all. Yay.

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 2:20 PM

I know alot of people said "no" to the show cause they are currently involved with someone--Jesse C, Reid, DeAnna, Holly, Tanner, etc.

So its not a surprise to me that people from many years ago aren't going to be on. Most probably are no longer single though that didn't keep Elizabeth and Jesse K from appearing on the show when they have been "dating" for awhile.

I'm bored enough this summer to actually tune in come August. But once pro/college football season starts up in early September, I'm done.

Mama Tiger

Mama Tiger

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2010 @ 5:54 PM

My guess is that Mathieu got tossed the second Vienna's trashy accusations hit the tabloids and they realized that, since they already own Jake body and soul anyway, they could put him on this show, too.

I was actually looking forward to this summer of trash, but if he's on it? I won't watch. And I've even sent ABC a letter telling them that.l Sorry, he's so repulsive to me that I refuse to ever watch him on my TV again.