Nikita (2010): 9021007

• Please log in to reply

8032 replies to this topic

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:09 PM

Another great nod to continuity on this show: I realized that in the 2x18 flashback with Amanda, Nikita is wearing a similar red dress and hairdo as in her flashback with Ramon in 2x03, and when she practices her lines in French - she mentions Paris which is where the Ramon mission took place. So I wondered if it's meant to be the same mission. I tweeted Carlos Coto, the writer of both episodes, and he confirmed it -

brasstab Carlos Coto
@Slingblade1987 yes it is. Same gun, too... And the French. We love to evoke the original film whenever possible

So awesome.

Oooh! That is awesome! Very cool too that you got confirmation and that it's not just a theory. Reason 30,631 why I adore this show: the continuity! Even the visuals are consistent. Earlier this season, I was utterly stricken by the almost shot-for-shot recreation of Amanda visiting Robbie in 1x07 and then visiting Ryan in the exact same place in 2x07. I mean, even the episode numbers match up! There's a lovely gif compilation of both scenes here.

Then, I didn't even make this connection while watching the last ep, but the scene where Nikita watches her little spy family is a beautiful callback to Birkhoff's scene in the coffee shop. Another tumblr gif set.

Damn, but I keep finding new reasons to love this show and cry forever about the fact it doesn't get the recognition it really deserves.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

Another great nod to continuity on this show: I realized that in the 2x18 flashback with Amanda, Nikita is wearing a similar red dress and hairdo as in her flashback with Ramon in 2x03, and when she practices her lines in French - she mentions Paris which is where the Ramon mission took place. So I wondered if it's meant to be the same mission. I tweeted Carlos Coto, the writer of both episodes, and he confirmed it -

Very cool. It's this kind of attention to detail that really makes Nikita one of the best shows on network TV, not just on the CW. And I love that Coto tweeted you back!

That makes him a less complicated & intriguing character than Amanda, but a deadlier villain.

Hmmm...I agree that Percy is less complicated than Amanda, and a deadlier villain, but I think he's just as intriguing. I find his ability to pinpoint anybody's weakness and exploit it, often within a matter of minutes, unbelievably fascinating. What makes Percy so ruthless? But you know, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I want or need the answer to that question.

Damn, but I keep finding new reasons to love this show and cry forever about the fact it doesn't get the recognition it really deserves.

I know what you mean. Forget the fact that Nikita doesn't get the ratings. I wish a critic or two would notice our little show. Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica had critics falling all over themselves. Where are the critics falling over Nikita?

Edited by minneapple, May 1, 2012 @ 9:34 PM.

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

I wish a critic or two would notice our little show. Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica had critics falling all over themselves. Where are the critics falling over Nikita?

The reviewers at HuffPo and IGN seem to really love the show, but those are the only relatively "mainstream" sites I can think of. There's just so much about this show's lack of an audience that baffles me. I mean, there's not even much of an online fandom, even on that fangirl mecca known as tumblr. Apparently Michael needs a hot brother to show up and fight crime with him. Hey, it works for the Winchesters. And Salvatores.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Apparently Michael needs a hot brother to show up and fight crime with him.

The shallow part of me is totally on board.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

I'm getting to the point where I want Justin Beiber to appear as a guest to boost the ratings. Yes, I'm desperate.

Makenna

Makenna

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Apparently Michael needs a hot brother to show up and fight crime with him.

Can we make Owen his half brother? I read that in a fanfic once and completely fell in love with the idea.

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

Can we make Owen his half brother? I read that in a fanfic once and completely fell in love with the idea.

Heh. I read that fic, too! Maybe if SPN keeps using the Castiel revolving door, the Nikita crew could hire Misha Collins for a guest-spot. I mean, he rivals Xander Berkeley for "appearing on every television show ever," so why not? Plus he looks enough like Shane West that they could pass as half-brothers. Then we get the Misha Collins Estrogen Brigade on board and it's smooth sailing from there.

Oh! And I just remembered: in "Alexandra" last season, when Michael showed up at that Russian bathhouse, he used "Misha" as his alias. Totally a shout out! Or...not. But whatever.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

I'm getting to the point where I want Justin Beiber to appear as a guest to boost the ratings. Yes, I'm desperate.

I've actually put thought into guest stars with past connections to the cast who might pull in some ratings. Getting Parminder Nagra on might pull in some Neela/Ray shippers wanting to see an on screen reunion. Dillon once stuck his tongue down John Barrowman's throat, and that man's fans are very, very devoted. Get one of the Ashmore twins on for a little X-Men reunion, perhaps. I haven't thought of any for Maggie yet but only because most of the people coming to mind are big movie stars and I don't see that being in the budget, although if Bruce Willis would be willing to do a pro bono cameo that would pretty much make him my favorite person.

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

if Bruce Willis would be willing to do a pro bono cameo that would pretty much make him my favorite person.

I know this is ridiculous and just wishful thinking, but given how we're always talking about the production values of this show and how it's like an hour-long action movie every week, this isn't as far-fetched as it seems on the surface. It'd be worth it for the marketing alone. "What are YOU doing for sweeps month? Oh, you have baby drama/a love triangle/a character death/resurrection, how cute. We've got John McClane. Yippee-ki-yay, mother--" and then the screen just cuts to a great explosion.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

LMFAO!!! I'd watch that!

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:25 AM

Where did Amanda get the money after Oversight was killed?

In 2x15 "Origins" when Alex was trying to get out of the hotel, Nikita tells her that Amanda will lose Division if she lose Ari's bank roll (in case Alex can’t escape, Ari could also die if Nikita releasing the audio recording to the hotel system to which Semak could hear about Ari's betrayal), so it's in their interest to keep Alex alive.

Percy, however, is a Complete Monster - there's no humanity in him whatsoever. He cares about nothing and no one save for whatever he currently wants, and will literally stop at nothing to get it.

Yes, Percy is a selfish creature, and a great one at that. The thing is he doesn't see himself as one. He only believes he's doing everything and manipulating everyone for the good cause of his, how twisted his brain works. But he's very smart. I find both Percy and Amanda are fascinating villains characters. I even like Ari despite his little screen time. They are all different in terms of evil forms but interesting nevertheless.

It's scary how well Percy knows Nikita. He knows exactly what makes her tick and how she'll react to a given situation.

He definitely knows Nikita really, really well to the core. Perhaps he understands more about her than Nikita knows about herself, as he claimed in 2x14 "Rogue." It's evidently by his action and quotes in "Wrath", displaying how well Percy grasps on Nikita, "Nikita is all hard exteriors. But at heart, she's a soft touch. She can't stand to watch the ones she loves get hurt." That's why he could use Brandt & Michael to hurt her the most, both physically and mentally. Percy is one heartless, ex-boss of Nikita, certainly.

I can’t wait to find out what would be Percy's last trick pulling out of his sleeve to possibly breaking Nikita's heart to pieces when she corners him in his office in the finale.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:05 AM

Considering the things Percy's already pulled, I'd almost expect him to pull an Adrian Veidt (well, again technically) in the season finale...

Nikita: "You're not going to get away with this."
Percy: "Get away with this? As in future tense? Please. I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
<hard cut to Birkhoff's car exploding>

As for fantasy guest casting: I think I'm still holding out for that Peta Wilson cameo--or possibly Roy Dupuis, who's based near Montreal now. John Barrowman would be an inspired choice (and probably the biggest name they could get that wouldn't make other CW-show-watchers go "Who?"), especially if they brought him on as a villain, but he's working on an ABC pilot of his own. Them aside...I suppose we could get someone from one of Maggie's films; Ving Rhames, as good as he is, probably works cheap.

Or, to continue one semi-trend, anybody that was on 24 (so far: Xander Berkeley, Alberta Watson, Sarah Clarke, Harris Yulin, and Peter Outerbridge). Which probably means Tony Todd, so he can continue to appear in damn near everything.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Guys, if you haven't seen this yet, there's a really awesome project - Mission Codename: Save Nikita - meant to save the show. The site, MaggieQDaily, asked to repeatedly tweet the link to the following: @WB_Home_Ent @WBpictures @CW_Network @NikitaTV it's a good way to show the dedication and hard work of the fans. The renewal/cancellation decisions will be made any day now (they announce 'em on May 17), so it's our last shot, however long, at making an impact.

rayeula

rayeula

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Man, the 17th seems so far away! I don't usually comment on this stuff, but TV guide has a list of bubble shows that need to be saved and Nikita isn't anywhere on the list, which was depressing, and made more depressing by other shows they thought worth saving. The only other CW shows (to my memory) they had listed were Ringer and Secret Circle. I enjoyed both of these shows, but as guilty pleasures for effs sake. The fantastic fight scenes (on top of everything else) are nowhere to be found anywhere else on TV.

Favorite badass moments thus far (I'm on a rewatch)
--Nikita dislocating her own shoulder to escape Michael.
--Nikita breaking Alex's arm and shooting her in the leg
--Nikita pulling the chains from the ceiling and breaking out of division
--Nikita kicking someone from a moving car.
--Owen and Ray Park's fight

I would love a montage of every single fight scene in the show.

Ashe F

Ashe F

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Speaking of badass moments, Nikita's hand-to-hand fights lest episode were so fun and interesting to watch. And I like that they had Birkhoff basically tackle the guy on the stairs.. It made sense that he might respond with something quick and dirty in his fear and then once the adrenaline started flowing, his fight instincts from training would kick in.

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

Nikita: "You're not going to get away with this."
Percy: "Get away with this? As in future tense? Please. I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
<hard cut to Birkhoff's car exploding>

No shit. That would definitely shatter her heart to eternity. The Nerd is irreplaceable. I can imagine how Percy could talk some more in a way to make Nikita feels even more the guilt for Birkhoff's demise.

But to be honest, as much as I love all the characters to remain, I can understand some of the main ones will bite the dust in the finale, in particular, Percy, and possibly one of the members of Team Nikita. Percy can only last so long for the show to progressing to the new chapter and the arrival of others enemies coming at Nikita. I'm sure there are a ton of them at the wings waiting to ax her, in courtesy of her great accomplishments for three years at Division.

Bring it on, the more villains the better. Some one of Nikita's caliber or crazy one like Brandt is cool. An enemy who has a big grudge against Nikita would be awesome.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:06 AM

Ugh. I don't want anyone on TN to die. They're family.

conlasganas

conlasganas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Nono, Birkhoff canīt day, as someone said before he is irreplaceable. Canīt wait until tomorrow, the episodes are getting better and better ( if this is even possible).

One last thing, Iīm not use to do this a lot, but due to the last episodes (Wrath, to be more concrete) and how happy made me the way theyīre dealing with storylines related with Michael & Nikita, Iīve decided to make a tribute video, I took me a day, hope you guys enjoy it ;):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-I7XqjUqA

solizabel

solizabel

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

I`m kinda hoping that if someone has to die, its gonna be Michael. Cause he no longer seems to be a character of his own right, but only exist as Nikita`s love interest and part of Mikita, for which I have quite indiferent feelings. i just don`t see the great love story or chemistry. For me they were most interesting when they were on different sides and didn`t try that hard to kill each other.
As for villains, Percy`s death could bring new interesting storylines and antagonists for Nikita. And there`s also Amanda and Ari who at this moment are the wild cards.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

Another Maggie interview (Better Show)

First, can I just say how sweet, fun and adorable Maggie is in person? It's lovely to see her like this, because the character of Nikita is so dark and haunted (even if she has some light-hearted moments).

Second, it's nice to see that the interviewers are really into the show and as flabbergasted as we are that it's struggling so much with ratings. They seem to actually know their stuff when talking with Maggie.

Third, dare I hope that they wouldn't bother to have Maggie promoting the show in interviews (this is the second one in a few days) if they were going to axe it anyway?

Fourth, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Maggie pokes some fun at the other crappy shows on TV, albeit in a subdued manner: "It's [the dialogue on Nikita] not sort of 'I love you, you love me' dialogue, this is procedural stuff" and also "We're on a network that hasn't ever made a show like this, so people who normally watch this network are sort of younger girl demos, you know. This is the One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl network" (and then one of the interviewers joking that if there were vampires on the show, it would be set - heh). You can tell she's barely stopping herself from saying, "This is the shitty teen drama network, where all female characters do is sleep around with each other's boyfriends, obsess about their love lives and act like bitches towards each other, and the only 'plot twists' are love triangles and fake pregnancies. It's not exactly ready for a serious action drama."

Oh, and she mentions the Save Nikita campaign! Love you, Maggie.

conlasganas

conlasganas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

Michael?? Seriously? I bet the difference, I think they have an amazing chemistry and forgive me but, a Nikita show without Michael (at least for me) has no sense at all. And if we talk about portraying, I was a LFN when I was a teenager and never thought I would love another version of Michael different from Roy Dupuis, but..I love this version, Shane has shown how talented he is and, I also believe the writers are dealing with the storyline in a very good way...and keeping it real, which I think itīs quite difficult.

Thankfully, creators donīt agree with that, and as far as I know, the four main roles (Nikita, Michael,Alex and Birkhoff are safe).

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

TVD, Supernatural, 90210 get early renewals

Sigh. Still playing the waiting game. Although it is verrrrrrry interesting that the renewals don't include Gossip Girl. Ringer is most likely dead. Initially I thought The Secret Circle would be a slam-dunk, but lately the news for that show doesn't look all that great.

We need a prayer circle or something. Dear television gods, please let our little show live to see another day.

Edited by minneapple, May 3, 2012 @ 3:14 PM.

conlasganas

conlasganas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

First, Slingblade, thanks for the interview, could she be anymore adorable? I donīt think so. Talking about the Save Nikita Campaign and how she decided to make this show īcos it had to be feature quality (which it is)and how she encourages everyone on the show to do itīs best. Bless her.

"Fourth, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Maggie pokes some fun at the other crappy shows on TV, albeit in a subdued manner: "It's [the dialogue on Nikita] not sort of 'I love you, you love me' dialogue, this is procedural stuff" and also "We're on a network that hasn't ever made a show like this, so people who normally watch this network are sort of younger girl demos, you know. This is the One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl network" (and then one of the interviewers joking that if there were vampires on the show, it would be set - heh)"

I agree with everything that you and her said...right now Iīd seen they have officially renewed 90210.WTF?...While Nikita is still on the bubble...I donīt get it.She said she hope people who donīt usually watch shows from the Cw, decided to take a chance and watch the show īcos has nothing to do with the rest of the tvshows of the network. I truly believe that theyīre gonna get renewed but I also think, as Iīve said before they should change network..it will work so much better.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

You're very welcome conlasganas, oh and:

I truly believe that they´re gonna get renewed but I also think, as I´ve said before they should change network..it will work so much better.

Agreed. It's so frustrating to think how different things could have been if Nikita had been on another network. Granted, other networks are far from perfect, but look at Fox - they just rescued Fringe from the bubble for the THIRD time, giving it a fifth & final season (albeit a shortened one) to wrap things up. I don't watch anything on Fox these days, their network sucks for all I know, but at least they appreciate a quality show enough to keep it going despite low ratings and let it conclude on its own terms. And of course, given the more serious image of other networks, it's a safe bet that Nikita would have done better there anyway, attracting the mature and intelligent audience it's intended for.

The CW, however, gave Nikita *one* chance to succeed (while promoting it as a cheesy, mindless, "sexy" action show) before essentially killing it with the move to Fridays in the second year. It's barely being promoted, even though it's not yet a veteran show like SPN or GG that's established a sufficient following. This little gem is by far their best show (just ask the critics) and they're treating it like crap.

Although it is verrrrrrry interesting that the renewals don't include Gossip Girl.

I was surprised, too. I don't want to read too much into it and get my hopes up, but... everyone kept describing GG as locked for renewal. While its ratings have sucked this season (and are only getting worse), it was said to make a lot of money off other revenues like iTunes and international sales. Plus, as a veteran show, it seemed likely to get a 13-episode sendoff if only as a gift, enabling the showrunners to wrap things up properly. However, in that case there's no reason why they couldn't announce an early GG renewal, right? If GG is, after all, on the bubble along with HoD, TSC, Nikita and (the essentially dead) Ringer, that's good news.

If we get the small miracle of Nikita being renewed over GG, it will quite seriously be something for feminists to celebrate: the tale of strong, capable, heroic women fighting the good fight getting one over the show that glorifies abusive, misogynistic relationships like Chuck/Blair, and portrays women as defined by their sexuality & obsessively trying to destroy each other.

Edit: Vote for Nikita in this poll (which CW show do you want renewed most)

Edited by Slingblade, May 3, 2012 @ 4:09 PM.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Gossip Girl is always one of the top shows on iTunes. I do think it will get a 13-episode pickup -- even though nobody involved with the show wants to be involved with it anymore. The actors have been squirming to get out of their contracts for awhile now. The writers don't care. The showrunner (Josh Safran) just left for Smash. The show is so poorly done nowadays it can't even qualify as guilty-pleasure bad. It's plain bad.

And the sad part is that everyone involved with Nikita seems to love the show and really care about it, but it's more likely to be canceled. I know TV is a business, but...damn if it's not completely unfair.

Deadline's version of the story says Nikita has a shot!

Come on, guys, keep praying!

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

Hot Shots: Nikita Heads Back to Division

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

Awwww, look at how our little spy family has grown!

Y'all. I've been borderline hopeful the past couple weeks, but the fact Nikita didn't get a renewal announcement with the other CW "veteran" shows makes me nervous. Come on, little show that could! You can do it!

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

Awwww, look at how our little spy family has grown!

The only one missing is Owen, sniff.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

Ugh. I'm so freaking depressed with the renewals. The writing on SPN has been so bad lately, I expected it to be canceled. This show is the best one on the CW, IMO and they can't seem to get an audience for it. I'm going to leave a comment on the hopes for renewal on the Deadline page. I hope it helps.

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Please don't freak out guys. There's no confirmation of either way for the fate of Nikita. Just hang in there to enjoy the epic of upcoming episodes and have faith. I still believe it has a relative high chance of renewal over the others, considering the publicity Nikita is getting now, and also MQ was on several talk shows recently. I don't see a reason to promote the show just before closing days only then to get axed. The CW executives can't be that unwise to not consider and value Nikita for its all around a high quality made series for a budget-cut production. It's not like Nikita doesn't get any recognition from critics' reviews or great international sales. It has to give and take. The other shows (new and old) on weekdays didn't do if any much better than Nikita on Friday in terms of demo.