Nikita (2010): 9021007

• Please log in to reply

8032 replies to this topic

elliec17

elliec17

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

Oh yea, season 2 it's awesome! Actors/writers/crew are doing an amazing job.

Also, thank you @caitlin claire for all the infos. I have the impression that the next episodes are gonna be the best of the entire series. There are planning some great stuff. Btw, I'm curious...are there any salex (sean/alex) fans here? I'm sure that mikita gets most of the attention but do you believe that sean/alex is also a couple that can last till the end? I'm tired of Alex having new love interests all the time (see Thom, Nathan).

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I definitely am. I think Alex could have worked perfectly well as a character without any love interest whatsoever. However, the network seems uncomfortable with having either of our ladies unattached romantically (which is why we got Nathan last season) and so I would much much rather they stick with one and explore it rather than constantly hooking her up with a string of guys because the networks is going to demand a love interest. I think the slow burn between Alex and Sean, going from enemies, to begrudging partners, to sort of friendly, to actual friends, to heading towards romance, has been a lot more interesting than her insta romance with Nathan or her half affectionate half manipulative relationship with Thom. I think it's one that could continue to be interesting and go in several different directions if we get a season 3, which is one of the reason I'm really really hoping they aren't planning on killing Sean.
Spoiler

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

We'll never know, will we, how much of an impact earlier Mikita had on the original story they wanted to tell?

I find Alex's relationship with Thom the most interesting 'romance' she's been written in. Very rarely is one of our hero-protagonists allowed to play that role.

Nothing against Samex but it is still a romance just for the sake of a romance. With Thalex, Alex had other reasons to form a relationship with him....

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

Fans want a Mikita shower scene, Craig promises lots of sex if we get season 3

Hope Craig means romances instead. I'm sex phobia to see it on screen, seriously. It's really not my cup of tea.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

I think it was a joke, either way. I follow Craig and Kim Albert on twitter and it's become quite common for them to retweet fan requests and say that they can totally have that if we could just get to season three. It's just a running gag at this point. Even if we did get a "sex scene" this is the CW not HBO, so it really wouldn't be super explicit. Michael and Nikita kissing in bed in their underwear in season 1 is probably right around the level of risque they can get away with.

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

Oh thanks for your response, Caitlin. I was actually scared when I first read it from the info you posted. Good, as long as they still have clothes on, they can do whatever they want. I'm fine with that. :-)

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

Great. Not only is it that time of year when I start biting my nails about the show coming back for another season, I start having to worry about my beloved nerdling biting the dust in the finale as well. I love/hate you, show. Seriously. My nerves can't take this.

Somewhat spoilery speculation:
Spoiler

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:42 AM

Holy crap. Noah Bean responded to my (silly) tweet. Now I feel all special.

caitlin claire and fellowshipper, I'm getting really scared for Birkhoff now following your posts. It does seem typical to have the selfish character redeemed/become a good guy only to go out in a heroic blaze of glory. On top of that, he's not indispensable since
Spoiler
, and if Sonya defects, she could take his place as Resident Nerd.

I suppose Percy could conceivably die as well, if they want to move on to new villains. So could Ari, but he's not regular cast so it wouldn't be as big a deal.

The rest seem unlikely to me - Nikita, Michael and Alex should be safe, barring the series finale (which is so NOT this season's finale, you hear me?). Caitlin made a good point that teasing us with Amanda possibly dying in 2x18, not killing her, having her disappear for 4 episodes, and then killing her would be redundant. Same with
Spoiler

That sneak peek into the coming episodes from C2E2 was amazing and epic. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything on TV.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:57 AM

Back up a second.... Did the show runners actually tease us with Amanda dying or did we just jump to that conclusion by ourselves from the promo clip?

elliec17

elliec17

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:16 AM

@Slingblade I agree. I haven't been more excited about anything on tv till I also that vid from c2e2 <3

as for amanda, no, the writers didn't tease us about anything. It was just our assumption after seeing that promo :)

rayeula

rayeula

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

Rewatching from the beginning, and I think my appreciation for how great the show is now makes all the quibbles I had when the show first aired seem irrelevant. I was first pulled in by the reveal that it was Nikita in the pig costume in the premiere, and kind of hung on until Michael showed up in her apartment, but now I have a renewed appreciation for all the episodes in between. (Also, seeing how psycho Amanda gets really sort of puts her in a new light upon rewatch.)

ETA: Cool moment -- Nikita dislocating her own shoulder to escape from Michael. I love her!

Edited by rayeula, Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:49 PM.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

‘Nikita’ delivers many more emotions than just “Wrath”
Can. Not. Wait.

Makenna

Makenna

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Promo pics for this week's episode:
2x19 Wrath

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

With all this death talk, I just can't help but be thankful for budget cuts keeping Owen away until a potential Season 3.

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

http://www.tvforther...lWPC4t4.twitter

I like Craig saying our outlook is good for s3

and why not this show is huge international and it gets more total viewers on a friday then many of the CW shows on the weekdays.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Promo video shown at this weekend panel.

DawgiesMan

DawgiesMan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I haven't been following the spoilers much until the convention this weekend and so I noticed
Spoiler

That was a kickass promo. Looks like a whole action movie!

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:35 AM

Going back to the previous discussion I saw Nathan was Alex's Daniel, a romance that symbolizes Alex's want of a normal life and his death like Daniel's death ended Alex's want for a normal life and instead to fight her enemies. Unfortunately this symoblic boyfriend had to be on screen, but what the character did for Alex's arc was good. The symbol could have had more charisma and some identify traits but still utlimately be a symbol.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:37 AM

That was a kickass promo. Looks like a whole action movie!

Seriously, I was STUNNED by all the gunplay, fights, explosions, etc. in the promo. (Not to mention how well put-together/edited it was. I love how they mix old and new clips to make me rewind 200 times!) How do they manage such production values on what's not only a TV show, but a show on the CW's minuscule budget? Heck, some of their action set pieces are better than the ones on big budget movies. I think it's mostly actors, and sometimes writers, who get credit for the quality of a show, but the production crew for Nikita deserves so much credit for its work behind the scenes. They outdo themselves every week.

Going back to the previous discussion I saw Nathan was Alex's Daniel, a romance that symbolizes Alex's want of a normal life and his death like Daniel's death ended Alex's want for a normal life and instead to fight her enemies.

Nathan actually didn't die. We don't know what happened to him after "Glass Houses" - either he escaped somehow, or Division had him killed after finding out that Alex spilled her guts to him. But anyway, that's a good comparison, it came up in the C2E2 discussion as well.

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

Didn't they joke at the C2E2 panel that he's off living in San Fransisco not bothered at all by killing Jaden for Alex, or something like that? I don't think they writers even have a 100% totally set, logical 'canon' for why Nathan disappeared, they just knew he wasn't working and didn't feel like wasting screen time figuring it out, which frankly I'm fine with. All joking aside though, I can't imagine that Amanda would have just listened to the post death phone call and not what lead to the fight, so I'm assuming she knew Nathan seemingly knew about Division. Her canceling him and Alex not seeming to care would seem weird, but so would Amanda letting him live. And with everything that immediately happened, there really wouldn't have been time for anyone to realistically hide him and set him up with a new identity. I kind of imagine that he's dead but Alex doesn't know it, or something. And I've officially spent way too much of my time trying to figure out what happened to Nathan.

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

Well if I killed an agent of the super CIA and my super CIA girlfriend tells me to leave really fast and not contact her, then yeah I'm gone. As for Nathan's utlimate fate, I think that one day Alex, when Team Nikita eventually takes over Division, is going to find that Amanda ordered a hit on him. Amanda promised to leave him alive, but Alex can't know every single Division mission and she wasn't keeping contact with him. However, I don't think there's a definitive cannon explination, which I really don't mind, because if it's not going to affect anything then might as well leave it ambiguous.

Angela627

Angela627

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

Promo video shown at this weekend panel.

Damn...
Why are not more people watching this show!!!

I actually don't think we'll ever hear about Nathan ever again, which is really fine by me.

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

listen to these interviews from c2e2 with Shane

it looks like Nikita is definitely coming back for a 3rd season.It seems like its just isn't made public yet.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DiahhETL0gE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dmQpQ4Dq650

Nikita is massivlely popular on getglue.CW can see how damn popular this show is

http://adage.com/art...ment-23/234174/

caitlin claire

caitlin claire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

There is absolutely nothing in those videos that indicate that a third season is a lock. Craig isn't even pitching season 3 until this week. No decision has been made either way. Nikita does still have a shot - there is a reason why pretty much every site still has it listed on the bubble instead of likely cancellation - but it's not a certain thing, no matter how much we would like it to be. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

I love that promo. Makes me ache even more to see the new episode.

Save One Show is in round 2 now. Please vote!
http://www.eonline.c...top_five/308974

I'm going to live in denial and optimism until the CW forces me to think otherwise.

Edited by Cress, Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:20 AM.

fellowshipper

fellowshipper

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:32 AM

Save One Show is in round 2 now. Please vote!
http://www.eonline.c...top_five/308974

Whoo hoo! Just voted, and as of right now Nikita's hanging tough at #3 behind Body of Proof and Ringer.

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

What I've heard from TV by the numbers is that it's going to be 2 shows getting cancelled out of Ringer, Hart of Dixie, and Nikita, and if that's the case then the renewal chances look pretty good. There also losing OTH this year so that makes three shows they are losing and they are losing GG next year. So I say it's more likely than unlikely for renewal.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

I heard that CWTV might be looking to make Hart of Dixie their next One Tree Hill. It's on par with Nikita on ratings, but it's a far cheaper show to shoot. Profit-wise, it might just edge Nikita out.

Which would be horrible because even though I love HOD and Rachel Bilson, that kind of story "city girl moves to small town and finds her heart (pun intended)" has been done to death. Nikita is new and different. It's got a WOC as lead, no matter what you think about Jaden and Carla Bennet, you have to give it that. In season 1, it had a lot of powerful women as major players.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

Courtesy of E! Online

Question: Please, any scoop on Nikita's remaining episodes for this season?

Answer: We can tell you that someone we know dies in Friday's episode. In fact, they die within the first 10 minutes. Yeah, Nikita isn't messing around. Also? Maggie Q is raw and ridiculously good in the episode. Nikita is, quite frankly, going to scare the bejesus out of you.

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

katsullivan i am sure HoD is more expensive than Nikita don't forget that Nikita shoots in canada and no country at all is interested in HoD.On the other hand Nikita is all over the globe and with a 3rd season they can sell more episodes to these countries and on netflix aswell. Also Nikita is the show closest to them after TVD to syndication numbers

If the CW cancels Nikita with such a rapid fanbase the fans will not forgive CW and they will not support their shows anymore i mean why should they. If they cancel the most critical acclaimed show they have that is not a teen drama