Nikita (2010): 9021007

• Please log in to reply

8032 replies to this topic

justjoan

justjoan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

Nikita said that, actually, but it was very cute. I loved that whole reunion moment. Very sweet. Until the shooting started, that is.

nikitaspy

nikitaspy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

Well I must go back and watch episode 15 because Amanda being Russian and a spy just went right over the top of my head. I didn't realize that it was laid out as that. *Going back to watch 2.15 ending*

Thanks for admitting that, because as I was reading about her being a Russian spy I'm like "Who? What? Did I miss something?"

Please report back on what you find.

Maybe the writer of that link is assuming so, since all Amanda's foes know she's been working with Ari, who is definitely a Russian Gogol leader.

I have to commend the directing & cinematography of this show. It is marvel to look at. The angles of showing the missile launched from the building to the metal pipes on the ground and its impact caused the snow falling from the rooftops are amazing views. It's beautifully captured on screen.

Lil Mie

Lil Mie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:58 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who was pleasantly surprised by Sean's change in personality! I found it amusing that he was smiling a lot, and I think it suits him! Also, did anyone else yell "HELL YEAH!" when Birkhoff revealed that they knew Carla was leaking their intel all along? I was so mad when she actuallt texted Roan and Patrick with Percy's location, I was like, Woman, are you TRYING to get Nikita killed??

I was happy she died, but not happy that it was Birkhoff who pulled the trigger. :( Poor nerd. It was nice to see Nikita comforting him, even though she was grieving too.

Man, I love this show.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

Owen and the female guardian both changed after they fell in love. Since the female guardian is still out there, I guess there is a possibility of her coming back and joining team Percy.

I don't remember the female guardian. Who was she?

quangtran

quangtran

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:53 AM

Dana Winters from Glass Houses. Percy allowed her to leave the business with her husband and step-son in exchange for giving Nikita a phony black box.

Edited by quangtran, Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:57 AM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:10 AM

Oh, thanks, now I remember. She never showed up to the gathering of all the other guardians to help Percy escape, so I forgot. Wow, so Percy really let her go and not be a guardian anymore.

3headedmonkey

3headedmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Her beliefs were so myopic, she refused to see the big picture. Refused to see the facts in front of her.

Exactly. When she went off on her rant, I yelled that she was the one who couldn't see the "big picture."

He may become this show's Topher Brink - morally ambigious nerd at first, tragic hero by the end.

The first season, I just thought of Birkhoff as Topher-lite, but he's really come a long way this season.

although his thinking he had the better of Nikita when he knocked the gun away, only to get tasered, was pretty cool

With a knuckle taser! Bet Veronica Mars would love one of those. Speaking of which, bye Wallace's mom!

It was kind of silly of Alex to think her mom would really still be in the house when she made her official visit. Of course they're not going to leave her there for you to "find" publicly.

Angela627

Angela627

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Spoilery photos: New photos from 'Power'

eeeeeee, I'm so excited!

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

Well, that's interesting. We haven't had an Amanda/Nikita faceoff in quite a while, and now we're getting one in a junkyard...with a side order of girlfight to boot? Shut up and take my DVR space, Nikita.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Can. Not. Wait. For. this. Episode.
Wonder how Amanda will fair against Nikita in this fight? I've always wondered this and now we shall see. Personally I've always been of the thought that Amanda was more of a mind game/torturer type of woman not so much a fighter like Nikita. We shall see.
Always wondered why Amanda has such a hard on for Nikita. I cannot be simply that she escaped Division. Hoping it's more than that actually.

Angela627

Angela627

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Always wondered why Amanda has such a hard on for Nikita. I cannot be simply that she escaped Division. Hoping it's more than that actually.

me too, I really hope they delve into the roots of this and really explore and explain the back story to us. It was like Amanda took Nikita leaving as a personal insult to her and then in turn has made Alex her pet project to not have a repeat.

skizzo

skizzo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Adjusted down to a 0.4 in the ratings :(

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

There was basketball even SPN was also down.
Still think Nikita will be renewed because it has strong international sales and doing really good on netflix and being best checked in show on getglue aswell.Friday does also help it i think the CW know it can do good on another night. Also think it would do good being paired up with Arrow.

but where are those nielsen viewers from the fall. I don't get this why don't they care for the show. I really don't get nielsen viewers at all.

Edited by FrodoBagginz, Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:48 PM.

Sir_Fireboard

Sir_Fireboard

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

Adjusted down to a 0.4 in the ratings :(

*goes on 10 minute long expletive-filled rant*

Why is this fucking fantastic show getting such shitty ratings? Ugh, I'm in a very bad mood now.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

I freaking love this show. It can't leave. It can't. Stupid basketball.

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

Still think it will be renewed. Yes its demo numbers could be better. Keep in mind Nikita is still one of CW's shows with the highest viewer numbers and that on a friday.
When the CW cancels shows they cancel shows that has low viewer numbers also and that is not the case with Nikita.
It also has strong international sales and the best checked in show on getglue so the CW know it is very popular.

Not to mention the critics adore it that is not the case for many other shows on CW.

Albert Kim has just begun doing interviews that is gonna be on season 2 bluray and DVD. Don't you have to know about a renewal to do that since such interviews they are always finished with the released season they are doing interviews for and then they always talk about what happens next season.

I don't know if that is a sign that the writers and cast already know that season 3 is in the bag but just can't reveal it to the public yet.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

I'm trying to be hopeful, but I thought its ratings were bad, even among CW shows? Or were the ratings websites reporting on some specific demographics rather than total number of viewers? I can't always understand the ratings websites.

FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:59 AM

they are reporting on the demo.In total viewers Nikita is one of its top rated shows.

But i still don't get where the demo people from fall has gone how can we get those back.Nielsen people is really weird.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

Holy CRAP, I can no longer keep from looking at spoilery promo pics and am so excited for "Power" now. Can't believe we have to suffer through yet another freaking hiatus before we get it. At least it's the last one.

Regarding those pictures, how awesome is it to see Amanda, in her cool long grey coat, brandishing weapons, and finally being outdoors?

We haven't had an Amanda/Nikita faceoff in quite a while

This is the first time they've come face to face since "All The Way", and only the second time since Nikita defected from Division. She's had quite a few faceoffs with Percy, but with Amanda it's mostly been threats and negotiations through phone calls... can't wait for this.

Wonder how Amanda will fair against Nikita in this fight? I've always wondered this and now we shall see. Personally I've always been of the thought that Amanda was more of a mind game/torturer type of woman not so much a fighter like Nikita. We shall see.

I'm curious about this, too. Amanda looked pretty scared and got the hell out of Dodge when Nikita ripped those chains from the ceiling, so I doubt she can hold her own in a purely physical fight with Niki, who's the best of the best. Then again, the way Amanda effortlessly took down Alex in the end of "Glass Houses" implies that she does have some hand-to-hand moves, too - and Nikita's hands appear to be tied in these pictures, which is quite a disadvantage. On top of that, it looks like Amanda is PISSED.

Word. Both MC and MQ have described the upcoming Nikita/Amanda showdown as epic and one that'll give context to their relationship and why Amanda felt betrayed by Nikita's defection. I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

TheNarrator

TheNarrator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:25 AM

Wow, so Percy really let [Dana Winters] go and not be a guardian anymore.

Either that, or he killed her. Or he tried to kill her and she went into hiding. However things wound up, she's apparently really not interested in working for him anymore.

But I think he might really have let her go, if only for practical reasons: if he tried to kill her and missed, does he really want yet another former agent coming after him for revenge? Easier to just let her retire without incident.

3headedmonkey

3headedmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

Albert Kim has just begun doing interviews that is gonna be on season 2 bluray and DVD. Don't you have to know about a renewal to do that since such interviews they are always finished with the released season they are doing interviews for and then they always talk about what happens next season.

No. That's not a sign of anything other than that they've sold enough to release season 2.

I'm trying to be hopeful, but I thought its ratings were bad, even among CW shows? Or were the ratings websites reporting on some specific demographics rather than total number of viewers? I can't always understand the ratings websites.

CW ratings are terrible across the board, and Nikita doesn't look that bad in general. What Nikita doesn't do well in is the supposed target audience of young females, and there is a noticeable difference there. We just have to hope they go by the overall numbers.

ndavika

ndavika

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

Been lurking this board for a while but finally figured out how to register so I can play too, Hi! I love the open discussion on this board, I know many message boards/fansites have had some problems with ship-wars/people unhappy with the storylines & ranting about them, but it’s wonderful that it seems it doesn't occur too much here. As much as the ratings give me anxiety on a daily basis, I’m just going to keep hoping & watching. I’ve gotten 7 of my friends & family to watch Nikita, from a couple episodes to a full season, to becoming rabid fans (18 episodes in 2 days…I’m still proud of that ‘lost weekend’). Some of them even have dinner parties with me every week so we can watch the new episode (Last week at 3am because we’d had to catch her up on 12-15). I love sharing the hilarious comments people come up on here with my friends as well, telling her Michael’s ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ – it’s probably the train thing had us rolling on the floor. I really hope the CW recognizes what a gem they have in this show. I couldn’t get tickets to San Diego Comic Con (despite LIVING here) but heard Nikita was booked at C2E2 in Chicago this year…finagled a Birthday trip to go in under 16 hours…so so worth it. I’m so excited for it; I’m practically giddy, getting to be in the presence of the Magnificent Maggie Q…best birthday present ever! Is anyone else thinking of going? I’d love to meet some more fans (since the fans I have here I’ve created…basically if you set foot in my house...you watch Nikita). Ok enough introductory babble…God I love this show…can’t wait for Friday! :-)

speedroc

speedroc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

As if we didn't want a third season enough:Ausiello

Question: Any Ryan-centric Nikita scoop! I was very happy to see him rejoin the team last week. —Cady
Ausiello: Pray extra hard that Nikita gets renewed, Cady. I’m told if the show comes back for a third season, Noah Bean (a.k.a. Ryan) will be promoted to a full-fledged series regular.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

I’m told if the show comes back for a third season, Noah Bean (a.k.a. Ryan) will be promoted to a full-fledged series regular.

Excellent!

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:10 AM

I’m told if the show comes back for a third season, Noah Bean (a.k.a. Ryan) will be promoted to a full-fledged series regular.

Excellent!

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:37 AM

This should've been Owen, but still, I don't mind this change. I think, at this point, I'd even prefer Nikita/Ryan to stale and boring Mikita.

Ashe F

Ashe F

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:52 AM

This should've been Owen, but still, I don't mind this change. I think, at this point, I'd even prefer Nikita/Ryan to stale and boring Mikita.

I actually would've preferred Owen over Ryan, too and think without his CIA contacts, Ryan is going to be too smart and clean to be as interesting as having Owen on their side. At least Owen offered a little contrast as an unpredictable rough around the edges type (yes, in contrast to Nikita's unpredictable rough around the edges type), understood the lay of the land, and respected the group dynamic. I feel like Ryan would've been an asset in an earlier season when there were more questions to be asked and the audience needed a mouthpiece to ask them.

Then again, my thought is that Owen
Spoiler
., and I guess they have something figured out for what Ryan saw/figured out when he was being held captive in Division. That being said, I'll definitely miss Owen. They did a good job making him an another kind of upstanding dubious "not so bad" guy.

There's still plenty to explore with Ryan, I think I just initially responded to Owen more from the get-go, but I am really interested to see what they do with Fletcher's story now. It should be really interesting. Especially with Madeline around to say they've found the real culprits who've committed his crimes grant him full immunity if she so chooses.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Owen already did his freelance job for Gogol earlier this season. Is it likely that he was a spy for Gogol all along?

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

As for Cassandra being a double agent: I'm mainly wondering what this means for Max. She's probably toast.
Since Craig has said that this isn't a show were a kid is incorporated (I'm paraphrasing) but Max won't be killed off ... I foresee some form of witness protection. That's if Cassandra is killed, which I don't think she will be. I think she and Max will be sent off in some believable way.

I had a wild idea: what if Max is really Ari's son? Since Cassandra is one of his agents. No reason to kill him and we get "the son" storyline off the show's back.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

I had a wild idea: what if Max is really Ari's son? Since Cassandra is one of his agents. No reason to kill him and we get "the son" storyline off the show's back.

Craig said that he wasn't doing the Max really isn't Michael's son or Max being killed angle - that Michael being Max's father would stick.

I want a season 3 desperately but I don't want Ryan as a series regular. He is better as a recurring character, like Owen, in my opinion.