6-15: "Across The Sea" 2010.05.11 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

725 replies to this topic

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

Locke's motives become clear. Jacob: Mark Pellegrino. Man in Black: Titus Welliver. Woman: Allison Janney.

Was this ep supposed to make me feel sorry for MIB? Cause I kinda do. He got screwed.

NoFNclue

NoFNclue

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

WTF??? no NAME!!!!

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

So I finally realized Jacob and MIB are basically the two kids from Slumdog Millionaire.

That was a complete snoozefest besides finding out where Smokey and Adam and Eve came from. I guess we'll never find out how Alison Janey got there originally.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:04 PM

For me this was a waste of episode when we have so few left. I am not invested in Jacob & MIB, they were introduced so late in the series. I don't care about them like I do the characters we have gotten to know over the years.

When the pregnant woman came out of the water my first thought was "oh NO, not another new character" until I realized she must have been Jacob & MIB's mother.

They need to protect the light? WTF?!? Allison Janney is a psycho.

And we still don't know Jacob brother's name. Ridiculous.

So if that is Adam & Eve, who is MIB? Or did MIB come back to life?

HOW the HELL are they going to wrap this series up, I am getting worried I am going to be really disappointed.

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Most..dysfunctional...family....EVER.

Anytime my kids complain about me being a terrible mother, I'm gonna point to Jacob's mother and tell them to be thankful.

So we still don't get to find out MIB's real name? Just "brother".

Edited for spelling

Edited by TorontoFan, May 11, 2010 @ 9:06 PM.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Loved how the babies were swaddled in black and white and that MIB wasn't named by his mother and we still didn't get his name. Loved that even then he wasn't wanted by his birth mother. Smokey Locke wasn't kidding when he told Kate that he had a crazy mother, Allison Janney brought out one creepy, non-aging loon. If Jacob is creepy mom's idea of good and his brother is evil, I'd take evil in this twisted world of LOST. She started the war and Jacob continued it. I knew I didn't like Jacob or his F'ing game ever since Jacob vs MIB became a topic. I knew MIB was in trouble when she wanted to hug him.

1 day you can have your own game and make your own rules, indeed. Frakking donkey wheel, beautiful Tunisian light, F'ing wine of eternal life and F'ing Adam and Eve. Loved it.

Edited by dizzyd, May 11, 2010 @ 9:05 PM.

Amulet

Amulet

Video Archivist

Was this ep supposed to make me feel sorry for MIB? Cause I kinda do. He got screwed.

Indeed.

But still... the light that is in all men but will go out? Really? My God, this show.

Tocks

Tocks

Video Archivist

"Every question I answer will simply lead to another question." I see what you did there, show...

The lengths they were going to to keep from revealing MIB's name started making the dialogue sound so unnatural. There's only so many times you can insert "brother" and "he/him" into an hour before it becomes too much. Especially since there was so much "Jacob" this and "Jacob" that happening.

Those kids they got at the beginning were great, though. Really enjoyable and engaging story. And we finally unlocked the mystery of Adam and Eve! Oh and Jacob created Smokey!!

I, too, felt really bad for MIB. Poor guy just wanted to get off that freakin' island.

Edited by Tocks, May 11, 2010 @ 9:06 PM.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

WTF? Give.me.a.freakin'.break. Well, they did say we'd get answers, they didn't say we'd like 'em.

newfoundma

newfoundma

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:05 PM

That was horrible. Way to keep the streak going, Lost.

Yeah now we know where Jacob and MiB came from, but now we don't where CJ Cregg came from. Also, what's the deal with the ash? And how did this lead to a free will debate between the twins? And does all of Lost hinge on a hole in the ground with a leprechaun's pot of gold?

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

• Interests:Currently watching:<br /><br />The Amazing Race - not quite what it once was, but still an addict<br />Chuck - ditto<br />Dexter- great stuff<br />30 Rock - season 5 is the funniest its ever been! Probably my favorite show currently airing<br />The Office - nowhere near where it once was, but still alright<br />Modern Family - good stuff!<br /><br />New shows this year I'm still watching (have dumped a few):<br /><br />Walking Dead - great stuff!<br />No Ordinary Family - mediocre<br />The Event - Reading the recaps and board comments is immensely more entertaining than the show, so I watch!<br />Raising Hope - awesome!<br />Running Wilde - good! (will they ever burn off the remaining eps?)<br />The Cape - started out awesome, starting to fizzle<br /><br />RIP:<br /><br />Pushing Daisies - possibly the greatest show of all time<br />Lost - lackluster resolution to most mysteries, but still a monumental show<br />24 - downward spiral the last couple years, but once again, still a monumental show

I'm not usually one that says that Lost is 55 minutes of nothing and then 5 minutes of important stuff, but that's exactly what I felt tonight. Other than the Adam and Eve and Smokey reveals in the last 2 minutes, it answered a whole lot of nothing. I'm kind of meh about it right now.

wrxfanatic

wrxfanatic

Couch Potato

Oh, sure, that explains everything.

wamboyil

wamboyil

Channel Surfer

Wow, I'd rather be forced to watch the "Expose" episode again for all eternity, than to suffer through this pointless hour even one more time.

Useless, and boring.

lovecraft

lovecraft

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:06 PM

So there it is. I accept those answers in the spirit with which they are given. Jacob has never shown any guilt though. So is Smokey his brother or the Extinguished Light?

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

I had forgotten about the skeletons until the last two minutes...and I still don't care.

FryingPan

FryingPan

Couch Potato

that was just... craptastic. a big FAIL on the Adam/Eve revelation.. definitely shoehorned in. At one point Darlton said that when we found out who they were we'd realize that they had the story figured out all along. I call foul. Didn't Jack say the clothes/bones had been there for maybe 40/50 years.. not like a few hundred years? BAH!!

SQgal86

SQgal86

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

I can't believe I sat through all of that and we still don't know MIB's name. Seriously show, the reveal better blow my freakin' mind.

Boring episode for the most part. I want to see what's going on with our losties.

Maya de Mayo

Maya de Mayo

Video Archivist

• Interests:Obsessing over Lost (RIP), Carnivale (RIP), Veronica Mars (RIP), John from Cincinnati (RIP), Sons of Anarchy and Flight of the Conchords (RIP)(Bretaholic), TAR, Justified, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Orphan Black

worst episode EVER. I want my hour back

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Man, I've only felt this way about one other episode in the entire run of the series ("Fire + Water"), but that sucked. So clunky and obvious at every turn, and so literal as to make what was a cool allegory a silly piece of fantasy. I felt kind of embarassed for the actors involved, all of whom I really enjoy.

kweam

kweam

Channel Surfer

No name has no name because he's LOST. He wants to go home but he can't. He's lost.

I thought we would finally find out for sure why women can't get give birth...

newfoundma

newfoundma

Couch Potato

Weird since Darlton killed their characters of color to prove he was undoubtedly evil last week. Regardless of what they say, I still think MiB is justified and Jacob is the jerk who keeps bringing innocents in as pawns.

Edited by newfoundma, May 11, 2010 @ 9:13 PM.

No Touching

No Touching

Couch Potato

So, uh, what?

I feel like we were shown the Island's history, but had no context for any of it to be clear. This is definitely an episode I'm going to have to ruminate on. Were Jacob and Smokey supposed to be Greek? Egyptian? Was Alison Janey the physical embodiment of Tawret?

NoFNclue

NoFNclue

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:08 PM

They did at least semi-explain the Frozen Donkey Wheel, though not the frozen part yet

BobbyM

BobbyM

Loyal Viewer

That was horrible. I got nothing out of that episode. REALLY pissed off.

Shelley Bee

Shelley Bee

Couch Potato

Wow, this episode was expository, and in color!

Did I leave out anything?

AuntieLizard

AuntieLizard

Fanatic

But still... the light that is in all men but will go out? Really? My God, this show.

Yup, feeling the same thing.

So, Smokey isn't really Jacob's brother, because "brother" died. Smokey is something else all together.

Ben

Ben

Video Archivist

"Every question I answer will simply lead to another question." I see what you did there, show...

Yeah, I had to laugh at that, Tocks.
So MIB was by many degrees the smarter of the two brothers. Probably should have guessed that.

cheese2000

cheese2000

Just Tuned In

Now I really don't understand what MIB means when he says he "wants to go home". Where is it that he wants to go? He doesn't know any other home. I'm more confused than ever.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:09 PM

I'm surprised they didn't go with this episode's original title "The Cure for Insomnia."

doryme

doryme

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2010 @ 9:09 PM

So Jacob is no angel,I knew it.Trust no one Losties. Really no one!