You Know You're Obsessed With "Breaking Bad" When...

• Please log in to reply

338 replies to this topic

sbwm

sbwm

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2011 @ 9:07 AM

...A Checkout clerk causally says did you shop on "Black Friday" you overshare that you bought your daughter Kinect (sp?) but it was really so you could play Rage like Jessie. (Then checkout guy shouts across the store to two guys - "hey - get this - this lady plays Rage!")

Woodward Ave

Woodward Ave

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 4:40 PM

You see Badger in a new phone commercial and expect to see Skinny Pete enter the picture. Also, after watching the cliffhanger for The Walking Dead, you could kill yourself for ruining the ending of BB by having ventured into the spoiler thread. I was 100% shocked at the Dead ending on Sunday night. If I hadn't been so nosy the BB ending would have also caught me by surprise. No more spoilers for me!

HelenBack

HelenBack

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 6:09 PM

... you got some of that nice pink Himalayan salt for Thanksgiving, and now every time you use the salt grinder, for just a split-second you wonder why the crystals aren't blue.

Bob1965

Bob1965

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

You see Badger in a new phone commercial and expect to see Skinny Pete enter the picture.

I saw that commercial last night. All I could think was "Hey it's Badger!"

PhinallyPhamous

PhinallyPhamous

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 4:34 PM

Vince Gilligan talking about ending the series: http://www.tvovermin...d-ending/109730

Green

Green

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 5:56 PM

It kills me that this will be the last season. We started watching this 2 weekends ago and became obsessed enough to marathon all 4 seasons over the course of 10 days. Maybe a new record, considering we actually went to work 6 of those days.

Since I need more people to discuss it with in real life, I have practically browbeaten our secretary into marathoning it, and will be giving my dad the boxed set for Christmas. Spreading the addiction, yo.

Woodward Ave

Woodward Ave

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 21, 2011 @ 4:46 PM

....it makes Springsteen's "Sinaloa Cowboys" so much sadder.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 2:53 PM

Yo Green it's all good... that seems to be how it rolls w BB... someone introduced me, then I became even more addicted to them, now I have in turn addicted my mom, sister, several friends and colleagues, and my fantasy football commissioner (I eventually explained to him why bc his name is Gus i felt compelled to name my team-- headed to the final round of playoffs BTW this weekend!-- Los Pollos Hermanos-- and now he is a crazy addict almost worse than me). You know what I'm talking about Woodward Ave!

But on the you know your obsessed tip... when Dexter and Homeland both seem like distractions/less than (understanding Dexter and Homeland are not the same quality at present)/basically wastes of time before the real TV resumes again when the final :( season begins.

also, when you are totally pissed that Mr. LevitateMe deleted BoxCutter from your DVR.

Edited by LevitateMe, Dec 22, 2011 @ 2:53 PM.

bestever

bestever

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 3:14 PM

I'm working hard at getting everyone around me addicted as well. I need more real life people to geek out with me! :)

Bri Pag

Bri Pag

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

...when you buy yourself a Los Pollos Hermanos tshirt (from 6dollarshirts) for Christmas, because no one else sees why that would be an AMAZING gift for you. Merry Christmas to me.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 9:37 AM

Hey Bri Pag wear that shirt this weekend pls-- and all the "non-real life" fellow BB geeks-- send positive vibes towards me and Los Pollos Hermanos to win my fantasy football league this year. Its high stakes... and after all it would present the opportunity for LPH, not Walt, to say "I WON"!

(and also don't feel bad BP, I'm getting that "I learned chemistry from Mr. White" shirt for Xmas)

Woodward Ave

Woodward Ave

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 2:22 PM

LevitateMe and Bri Pag.... I completely understand !! Breaking Bad is so good that it has totally changed my whole TV experience. Now I want everything I watch to have astounding writing, simple but electrifying plot twists, beautiful New Mexico scenery, authentic music, and last but not least, actors that even Oscar is not worthy of.
Is this too much to ask?

sbwm

sbwm

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 2:16 AM

... you buy your relatives and friends t-shirts that say "Wanna Cook" - but they have to earn the shirt by watching nine episiodes. My 80 year old mother was the first to earn hers and now others are working faster. But Mom wins because she wore it to her physical therapy session and medical check up! She's spreading the word :) (Although it might send the wrong message to her doctors...)

Edited by sbwm, Jan 6, 2012 @ 2:17 AM.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

When you purchase the same shot glasses they used in episode "Salud" as gifts for my dinner guest at a recent party I had. Since everyone was a fan, they were a huge hit!

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 1:12 AM

When you buy yourself and your wife matching Pollos and Better Call Saul shirts so you can be Breaking Bad twinkies, and so she can show them off during her chemistry class this semester.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Xbones that's badass. I just went out on Friday for a going away party and when we all took shots to wish my colleague well, I said "salud" and my friend and I both cracked up/got slightly creeped out and became wary of what we were drinking :) but I want to take it one step further and have my own now!

And Woodward Ave. yeah there is nothing that really compares now in my mind so any non-news or sports TV watching time I have now is dedicated to reacquainting myself with The Wire because that show is the only show I know that doesn't feel less than next to BB.

And BTW... maybe not IRL but on cbssports.com Los Pollos Hermanos can and did get to say "I won" this year! This one was for you, Gus :) - RIP

Edited by LevitateMe, Jan 8, 2012 @ 2:24 PM.

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

When you're tempted to watch the DVD's and make a chart of the ups and downs of Walt and Jesse's relationship.

A high point would be when Walt told Jesse he was a good cook. Low points -- so many, but probably the fight in S4.

StillTheTooth

StillTheTooth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

...when old men in wheelchairs, especially those hooked up to a respirator, suddenly seem *very* dangerous.

...when formally innocuous-looking businesses, such as a car wash or laundromat, suddenly look like ideal places to launder money with...eh...in...

...because you'll never look at a box cutter the same way again...

...you cracked the color code of all the major characters in BB: Blue for Skylar, Green for Walt, Orange/Peach for Hank, Purple for Marie, Red/Black for Jesse and Gray/Blue for Gus.

...whenever someone (or yourself) gets into a sticky situation and you think, Better Call Saul!.

--I'm a recent, but very passionate convert to the show. I marathon-watched the first 4 seasons in about 3 days--the best use of a free weekend ever, in my estimation! I've always wanted to watch it, given it's reputation and praise, but since I missed the first two seasons I waited until I had the time to catch up and really get into it, and I'm glad I did. I've done the same with several series such as Lost, Heroes and Eureka. These are shows I'm never able to view during the actual airing seasons due to work/school/life, so I make a list of shows to try and then when I have the time off or available, start the marathons. I can't wait for season 5, though I'm sad that it's the last.

mona kane

mona kane

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

I rented the first 3 seasons from NetFlix. What an amazing show! I'm addicted.

I walked into the office this morning and there was blue rock salt down on the steps (it snowed over the weekend) and I immediately thought blue meth.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

...when you watch this freaking amazing tribute video five time in a row and decide it is time to restart watching the show from the beginning yet again.

OoogleEyes

OoogleEyes

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

Thanks for that, Chained Melody. I can't wait until next season!

Rex Hamilton

Rex Hamilton

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

When you mistakenly call someone who just said, "Yo" Jesse.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 6:30 AM

...when you hear on the news that the head of the Mexican meth cartel has been captured and you think he was just a poser for Walt.

RTS390

RTS390

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 7:30 AM

When you spend most of the night reading what everybody else obsessed with the best show television has ever offered obsesses about!!! I have lost my job a while back so I lost my cable and am just watching antenna TV. The economy is completely stagnent in this little shithole where I live. So no prospects either. It's just my luck that I will probably miss the last season. It completely terrifies the living hell out of me. So when you're feeling all sorry for yourselves, just remember that you could be in the same boat I am in.....

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

When you watch an episode of "Growing Up" about marsupials and all you can think about is Jesse's Kanga Man superhero.

MonkeyTrouble

MonkeyTrouble

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

When, in the class you're teaching on medieval architecture, you mean to make a reference to the Battle of Hausbergen but instead you say "Battle of Heisenberg."

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

...when the sight of a neon-green box cutter in another show makes you laugh and laugh. No, it wasn't meant as a shoutout.

...when reading an article about the psychology and mindset of sinners in medieval literature--motivations, circumstances, etc.--make you think Sinner? Motivations? Holy crap, that's Walt!. You then distract yourself matching Breaking Bad quotes with the Canterbury Pilgrims. The Pardoner is a toss-up between Jesse's "I'm the bad guy" and Gus's "I apologize for being so transparent." (Seriously, read the debates on that character, don't nobody know what's in his head.) Wife of Bath, of course, is "I Fucked Ted." And Jankyn. And those three old guys...

Jst

Jst

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

...you find yourself researching the pharmacology of phytotoxins (plant poisons).

...you add 'Yo' to the end of every sentence.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

(Requires setup): one of my good friends works in theatre, so even though she doesn't watch the show (I'm trying!) I knew she'd appreciate the jokes about Chekhov's Ricin! Chekhov's Box Cutter! and so on. Went to see a music performance and we were talking about wondering what one big sheet of metal was on stage and waiting for the musician to play it. My friend: "Chekhov's Thunder Shield? You said everything is Chekhov!"

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

When all the new promos for Krysten Ritter's new show make you want to go back to the very brief good old days of Jesse and Jane and go look at some paintings that look like vaginas with them.