You Know You're Obsessed With "Breaking Bad" When...

• Please log in to reply

338 replies to this topic

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 1:20 PM

I always loved these threads in the other show forums, so I figured we outta have one too! Plus it couldn't hurt to have a place for some light-hearted discussion once in awhile. So, I'll start it off :)

You know you're obsessed when...

- You have to resist the urge to add "....bitch!" to the end of every sentence.

- You find yourself having sudden cravings for Funions throughout the day.

- You hear or read mention of Danny Trejo and you immediately picture his head on a turtle.

Edited by LethalCandy, May 4, 2010 @ 1:35 PM.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 4:18 PM

Oh, yes. I know I've mentioned a couple of these in the old threads, but...

...you see a billboard advertising "Better Call Bob!" for a car dealership and think Who the hell is Bob?! You're supposed to call Saul!

...you quote Tuco when refreshing your kitties' catnip. "This stuff kicks like a mule with his balls wrapped in duct tape!"

...you have nightmares about the Cousins. No real plot, just the image of them coming towards you.

...you think some of David Bowie's songs from Labyrinth would make eerily apt lullabies for Baby Holly.

...every time a crime show talks about disposing a body you call out "Hydroflouric acid!"

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 4:31 PM

(Every once in awhile I travel up to ABQ for a few things so here's my contribution.)

....I find myself looking for an off color Aztek when I'm stuck at a red light.

....I'm tempted to look for Mr. White's house.

In fact....I'm always obsessing over BB whenever I drive up to Albuquerque.

Ebessan

Ebessan

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 5:57 PM

...when you're watching Gravity.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 6:14 PM

...you have nightmares about the Cousins. No real plot, just the image of them coming towards you.

Also, when you're creeped out getting into your car at night because you have the image of two ax-wielding maniacs waiting for you there.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

...you find yourself randomly texting "POLLOS" to your friends.

JRT Mom

JRT Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 3:22 AM

.....you want to buy a big-ass pizza and see if you can fling it on the roof.
.....you own an old RV and when you drive it you wonder if people think you have a meth lab inside.
.....you want to find some friends named Skinny Pete, Badger and Combo.
.....you hope you never get killed by an ATM falling on you.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 8:02 AM

.....you can't stop saying yo, yo.

.....a deep fear comes over you every time you hear a ding!

.....you do double-takes at every bald guy because he looks like he belongs on the show.

Edited by Fisher King, May 5, 2010 @ 8:04 AM.

gammabeast

gammabeast

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:07 PM

You watch the 10pm showing, tape the 11pm showing, watch that before you go to sleep which is AFTER you spend 2-3 hrs on
the BB website and the TWOP forum, watch the show again when you get up, erase it from the TIVO, then have to watch it
again on On Demand because you wish you hadn't erased it already,

Try discussing it w. friends who do not watch and find yourself thinking less of them for it...

Watch the rerun on AMC on Wed/Thurs.

Decide you no longer have anything in common w. your friends,

Find yourself adopting a cat, shaving its head and naming it Walt,

Redecorate everything in purple

Change your will and leave the house to your nephew

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:17 PM

...you get busted doing something shady and try to blame it on a "fugue state"

(gammabeast, I feel ya.)

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 11:26 AM

...you're favorite song is Negro y Azul

...you wonder if it's too late to go to night school to get that chemistry degree

...you're sad because you can't go to Pollos and have Gus ask you how your meal was

attica finch

attica finch

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 11:40 AM

...You get yourself an Uncertainly Principle t-shirt.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 12:31 PM

You read an entire book about a genre of music you have almost no interest in (corridos) after seeing a video of that style on BB.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 2:03 PM

.....you been watching The Pacific and Treme but must reserve Sunday nights entirely for BB because it comes first and consumes your thoughts. (I'm almost as obsessed as you, gammabeast)

.....you tell people not to call or even speak to you from 10-11pm on Sunday nights.

.....you keep looking for clues in the episode titles, knowing full well that Vince Gilligan wouldn't repeat that little gem again.

.....you feel like Kelley Dixon is a close personal acquaintance because you hear her voice each week on the podcasts.

.....you hope Kelley Dixon doesn't think you have stalker tendencies because you called her a close personal acquaintance and she doesn't know you from Joe Blow.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 5:27 PM

Very funny thread

I have to agree, Sunday night is devoted to 10:00 - keep cocktail hour to a minimal

You do think people who don't watch are uneducated idiots

You email your friends (who watch) after reading post on Twop - asking their opinion

listening to the podcast makes you a part of the cast & crew

Edited by Xbones, May 6, 2010 @ 5:28 PM.

amberlita

amberlita

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 7:30 PM

.....you been watching The Pacific and Treme but must reserve Sunday nights entirely for BB because it comes first and consumes your thoughts.

I'm totally with you on this. I barely even think about those other shows on Sunday night cause all I can think about is Breaking Bad and after I've watched it there's no watching anything else.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 7:42 PM

Today I drove past a pair of identical-looking Mexican men walking along a deserted road, and.. I don't need to tell you who I immediately thought of.

.....you tell people not to call or even speak to you from 10-11pm on Sunday nights.

...and you preface it by saying, "Unless you are literally on fire..."

...you devote your Monday mornings to religiously reading episode reviews from about eight different blogs/newspapers.
...you begin watching Malcolm every time it's on TV because now you're totally in awe of BC's acting.

Oh, and the most obvious: You start a TWOP thread chronicling all of your obsessive behavior regarding the show ;)

Edited by LethalCandy, May 6, 2010 @ 7:43 PM.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2010 @ 7:23 PM

You hear the song One Less Bell To Answer and wonder if Tio's ever considered using it as part of his funeral arrangements.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2010 @ 8:10 PM

You see an Aztek and look for a missing hubcap.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 9:52 AM

...you almost regret your trip to England because you will miss the next two (two!) episodes.

...you seriously consider moving into any place on your own, even though you KNOW you can't afford it, just so you can watch the show in peace.

...you daydream of beating the shit out of Jesse, Badger, and Skinny Pete and even plan your outraged rant and cursing while you do it.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 12:44 PM

...you get your family members into the show, they become as obsessed as you are, and you notice that suddenly bags of Funyuns start appearing around the house every so often.

...you just HAVE to make fried chicken for dinner after all the mention of that delicious Los Pollos Hermanos on the show.

...you're tempted to describe things that you don't understand as being "like, Kafkaesque, yo."

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 1:53 PM

bummer you're going to miss 2 episodes birdy, LOL
they are building the next episode as something special in the podcast

Edited by Xbones, May 17, 2010 @ 1:55 PM.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2010 @ 8:26 AM

I know, xbones, and it's driving me crazy! They don't usually overdo the hype too, when they say an episode is "big" they mean it, which is even more frustrating!

...you're tempted to describe things that you don't understand as being "like, Kafkaesque, yo."

Similarly...whenever you're impressed/excited with something you resist the urge to exclaim "It's all shiny up in here!"

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2010 @ 11:17 AM

I feel like the next ep is going to be something strange, like from a certain character's POV, something like that.

Sabine Lavine

Sabine Lavine

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2010 @ 3:38 AM

At 11:05 you text your only friend who is also obsessed with BB and say, "Did you watch it?????"

And you suddenly remember TWoP and think, "Ooooh, I bet they have an awesome BB discussion going on!" (and it's true ;-)

Scary Spice

Scary Spice

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 11:24 PM

While out shopping with your mom, you buy Blue Raspberry rock candy and explain that you are doing so because it looks just like Blue Meth!!

...and then have to explain the entire show to your mom so that she does not think that you are on drugs.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2010 @ 11:57 AM

Special London Edition!

...seeing the show's ad on the seat screens on the airplane just makes you happy. You have a brief moment of panic thinking of Season 2 finale, but when you tell yourself "we're season 3 now. It'll be alright" you're fine. Seriously.

...the 16th century jade terrapin from India, displayed at the British Museum, seems strangely incomplete. What am I missing? you wonder. No severed head! As you laugh at yourself, you can't help walking all the way around and checking for an "Hola DEA" message, just in case.

...you smile way too broadly and chuckle way too long whenever you pass a franchise of this popular restaurant.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2010 @ 12:18 PM

...you hear a fly buzzing around your office and you wish you had Walt's handy "fly sabre" to take care of it.

birdythurs, too funny!

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 10:55 AM

For some reason, I have had to swat an unusually large number of flies over the past couple days. Every time I miss one, I think: He's got some skills, I'll give him that. Everytime I hit one, I think: Aw, zap! Someone got got, yo! So, thank you, Jesse, for making a tedious and frustrating task much more amusing.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2010 @ 2:22 PM

...while riding in the cabin of the tow truck hauling your car to storage yard, you look back at the shattered glass and think wonder how long I'LL leave the tape on the windshield... your nerves then get the better of you and you have to stifle actual giggles so the tow truck driver doesn't think you've had a head injury.

...on hearing the verdict that the car is in fact totalled, you can't help but think Hmmm--if I get a new car that happens to be purple, I could name it Marie! There's no other name!

...and posting this makes you think of the sad sack vintage Spanish-language music for the demolition of the RV.