Chuck and Blair: Inevitable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2262 replies to this topic

mylatestfling

mylatestfling

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

I can not think of one time where he has chosen someone else over Blair?

WORD. When Chuck thinks Blair is an option, he chooses her. The writers have been incredibly careful in not having Chuck say "I love you" to anyone else (he's said complimentary things to other women, as most guys do when they date someone they like, but never the actual ILY), just as Blair hasn't said those words on screen to anyone but Chuck since S1. (Whether or not Blair actually loved Louis has been so inconsistently written that who even knows at this point - at times it seemed like she just really liked him/thought he was a good guy/liked that he loved her).

I thought it was really significant in 5.17 that Blair said "I love you. I always will" to Chuck, but she didn't actually say the words "I love you" to Dan. I don't think Blair told Chuck she would always love him for no reason - I think she said it because it's true, just as it was when she said it in 4.22 and 10 episodes later (once she knew that Chuck had changed and that he could love Louis' child) she chose Chuck as the man she wanted to spend her life with and raise her baby with. I think that love/connection between Chuck and Blair will always be there, and basically dooms any other relationships they will have because - who could handle being in a relationship with someone who would never stop loving their ex? Eva very sensibly acknowledged the connection and ended things with Chuck; Dan seems to have forgotten about it but is sure to be surprised by it again, just like in 5.2 (he was surprised that Blair had slept with Chuck) and 5.10 (he admitted he'd been blind to how much Blair loved Chuck). Chuck and Blairare neverover.

Aftershock

Aftershock

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

If DB is an obstacle, its one hell of an obstacle, why put so much into it, the wedding was for DB to find each other at the end of it, the book, vows, etc. The male lead isnít going to be cast aside so quick after this build-up. From Safrans interviews, its implied that Chuck will be propping DB and not the other way around. DB isnít a crack ship anymore. But weíll see, no one foresaw bar mitzvah last year, something out of the blue could happen again.

DB will get their ILYs, I hope not for a while yet. Itís been said in convoluted ways already a few times. Other characters have said it. To the point though, its been shown, that's far more significant.

I know weíll never agree on so many things, but at least we now have a benchmark on whatís apparently acceptable in Blair relationships. Dan can do as he pleases as long as it under the umbrella of love. For me though, if Dan does pull half that shit, I wonít be shipping them anymore.

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

WORD. When Chuck thinks Blair is an option, he chooses her. The writers have been incredibly careful in not having Chuck say "I love you" to anyone else (he's said complimentary things to other women, as most guys do when they date someone they like, but never the actual ILY), just as Blair hasn't said those words on screen to anyone but Chuck since S1. (Whether or not Blair actually loved Louis has been so inconsistently written that who even knows at this point - at times it seemed like she just really liked him/thought he was a good guy/liked that he loved her).

I think Blair loved Louis in a second choice sort of way and now she loves Dan as a friend. Chuck is the only person she would never leave and I think that will come back. I think you had to have a transition person post Louis because Blair was just so messed up.

If DB is an obstacle, its one hell of an obstacle, why put so much into it, the wedding was for DB to find each other at the end of it, the book, vows, etc.

She has lost a baby, almost lost Chuck, made a pact with God, gotten married, found out her marriage is fake and is trying to get a divorce in a very short period of time. The person she got with, while still married and in the middle of the season didn't have a chance IMO. It is interesting to note that if DB end in the finale, as I expect, she will have been with Dan less time then Nate and Louis so I do think a lot of Safran's DB comments are just Safran being Safran. I do not believe that all this stuff was done for DB I do think post season 2 NB they wanted to give CB a real obstacle that honestly looks difficult but if you read Safran's interviews you can see he makes up thinks regarding their planning for LB, DB and CB. Hell in some interviews it sounds like season 1 - 4 were all about setting up LB. He never lets the truth stand in the way of pimping what is on the screen IMO. That being said there is one thing he has said that I believe and I am thrilled about and that is that the triangle is done this season. Who Blair truly wants to be with and why will be clear and I think it will be nice to be past that. I am not a big fan of triangles and I think it would be nice to see Blair and Chuck deal with a real issue.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

I don't buy Blair's words anymore. They already ruined her character so much. She became someone I can't relate to as shown. Especially her not mourning after her baby was a big fall back in her character. And in latest episode she didn't even cared about Dorota's new born baby. This is not Blair, this is not growing up. She regressed so much that she still believes in fairytales.

On the other hand, Blair herself would have closed her eyes that how much she loves Chuck or the happiness she had with Chuck, I myself don't see it like that because what they say and what they show is contrivied. For example, Season 4 finale was amazing to show that. Chuck made her lighter, glowing but said Louis brings her happiness, so she would be with him because Blair said so. Blair said he only brought darkness but we didn't see her that happy with anyone else besides Chuck. LOL so much. So why would I believe in her words especially after 5x10?

Dan said himself that he was so "busy about his feelings" he closed his eyes to how much Blair loves Chuck. Even tho he saw that FACT so many times before (And sabotaged once!!). Then again, Dan's love is still not believeable for me, he can say or do anything else; its very clear that he loves the image of Blair he created as "Claire" and now that Blair is so eager to play that role, everything seems like ok for them but its not. I love Blair who has chosen the reality (fairytales do end for a reason) and who can take risks on real love (what do you say we go up in flames together?), or the young woman who was so ambitious (I have to be BW before I can be CB's girl friend) and who was not this selfish and really cared about her sister's and real love's feelings (or her friends' but she didn't even care about D in the expence of not being alone). She was a powerful woman already even tho she couldn't see. What she has become is weak on so many levels, at least what they show us is. She chose fanfiction over her fact unfortunately.

I will be so happy when Blair will understand how much she messed up with her life and start to make amends. Also I believe, Chuck will be the only one who will bring real Blair to life. Still love them so much and missing old happy days. I want to watch their journey. Them having real obstacles and them teaming up to defeat them. They are unique.

Edited by LadyGuGu, Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:47 PM.

xCosmicLove

xCosmicLove

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Exactly. Blair has always been Chuck's first choice, and anytime he's turned to another woman, it's been when he thinks Blair is done with him. In contrast, Blair has only turned to other men when she is afraid to be with Chuck for various reasons. I don't think what's happening now is any exception.

I know it's hard to identify with Blair right now, but she has lost an awful lot this season, and maybe Safran has forgotten what she said in 5.12: "I will lose everything before I'll lose Chuck again" but I think most viewers remember. It took almost losing him for good to first marry Louis, and then start a relationship with Dan. Both safe choices. Yes, she has lost Serena over Dan, but going back to the quote I mentioned earlier, I think it's safe to say that Chuck means more to her than anyone else. Like Chuck said, "Love does not just disappear." It's sad that Blair and Serena's friendship has to be sacrificed temporarily, but hopefully we'll get a better sense of what Blair is thinking later in the season.

londonbridge

londonbridge

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

It really is sad that SB were sacrificed at the altar of Dan, but I agree with xcosmiclove that Blair is taking the safe route (for her heart) with Dan, since she isn't overly invested in him. I just can't quite wrap my mind around why she is suddenly less invested in Serena, but going back to xcosmiclove's Blair quote, we should have figured that "everything" would include Serena, as well as her UES Queen status. Blair is so lost right now, but I'm glad that Chuck isn't giving up on her. I think Serena and Blair have a ways to go, but I think once DB are done, they can make things right too.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Exactly. Blair has always been Chuck's first choice, and anytime he's turned to another woman, it's been when he thinks Blair is done with him. In contrast, Blair has only turned to other men when she is afraid to be with Chuck for various reasons. I don't think what's happening now is any exception.

I know it's hard to identify with Blair right now, but she has lost an awful lot this season, and maybe Safran has forgotten what she said in 5.12: "I will lose everything before I'll lose Chuck again"but I think most viewers remember. It took almost losing him for good to first marry Louis, and then start a relationship with Dan. Both safe choices. Yes, she has lost Serena over Dan, but going back to the quote I mentioned earlier, I think it's safe to say that Chuck means more to her than anyone else. Like Chuck said, "Love does not just disappear." It's sad that Blair and Serena's friendship has to be sacrificed temporarily, but hopefully we'll get a better sense of what Blair is thinking later in the season.

IA with this. I don't remember him choosing anyone else over her unlike her choosing other men over him and throwing on his face. LOL. From the start. And Chuck knows that fact of her very well but right now its not so much understandable for him or for us, viewers.

And the bolded part ( which took place in 5x11) seems to be the thing exactly whats happening right now as also forshadowed in 5x2. I wish she would let Chuck carry her because he became the man she always thought he could be and was in their relationship in the first place after he was ready to commit fully. Also it would be great if they would keep "some loves are unrequited" because the story would remain more valuable and in character.

Nevertheless, i still believe the story they are telling is Chuck and Blair. I want to see them as friends right now and Blair figuring out one by one all the amazing and selfless things Chuck has been doing/done for her. Then she will be ready to take risks again, IMO.

What they done to Serena and Blair is so sad. Serena never chose a man over Blair too. And maybe Chuck will be the one who will be there for them to mend their relationship again? Because only Chuck cares about friendship and the value of it as it seems, especially Serena and Blair's sisterhood. Chuck is so amazing.

Edited by LadyGuGu, Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:36 PM.

snake juice

snake juice

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

I don't agree, but he did choose a piece of estate over her.... which is worse. He objectifies her.

ribbons_undone

ribbons_undone

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I think Chuck and Blair will end the season as friends but with Chuck as Blair's choice. Then they will have Season 6 to get them together for good. Their relationship has been tested in every way possible and they still love each other so I think they will be in a healthy place and I can't wait to see how they get back together!

DevilRedeemed

DevilRedeemed

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I don't agree, but he did choose a piece of estate over her.... which is worse. He objectifies her.

Which he has spent years apologizing for. Also, I don't believe he chose property over her. I think he had not yet coped with the fact that Blair had slept with Jack in Season Two, AND I think Chuck was in a really bad place. Furthermore, I think Chuck included Blair in the legacy he was trying to salvage. Anyway, it's probably a good idea to get with the year 2012.

iamnotjasmine

iamnotjasmine

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

I disagree. It was never a choice between Blair or the hotel - I think in his mind it was all or nothing. He thought he could have both or neither, since like DevilRedeemed said, Blair was included in his "legacy." He even said that he thought they could get through it just like they got through Blair sleeping with Jack in season two (among other things they've overcame). I also recall him coming to his senses and racing to stop the whole thing.

Anyway, I've really been enjoying Chuck's growth arc this season and thinking back on Blair's words in 5.14 about her and Chuck needing to be equals before they get back together makes me think that's where this season is heading. Especially considering Josh Safran's recent interview about the finale leveling the playing field. It's interesting that they chose to revisit Chuck's family storyline this season and I think it will resemble season three, but with a much different outcome now that Chuck has grown.

mylatestfling

mylatestfling

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 4:41 AM

Anyway, I've really been enjoying Chuck's growth arc this season and thinking back on Blair's words in 5.14 about her and Chuck needing to be equals before they get back together makes me think that's where this season is heading. Especially considering Josh Safran's recent interview about the finale leveling the playing field. It's interesting that they chose to revisit Chuck's family storyline this season and I think it will resemble season three, but with a much different outcome now that Chuck has grown.

I think the writers said on Twitter that the inspiration for the current set of episodes was Gossip Girl itself, and there are parallels to earlier seasons everywhere. I do think there's a need for Chuck to deal with (yet more, poor boy) family drama whilst keeping his shit together to show that he's really grown and changed.

For me the neatest parallel to Chuck and Blair this season is Season 2, but with the roles reversed. Like Chuck in mid-S2, Blair has suffered a loss this year and her attempts to cope with that have led to her pushing the person she loves away and hurting that person. I think Blair will overcome her weakling label, just as Chuck once overcame how coward label by saying "I love you". Part of that will be realising that Dan's version of Claire/Charlie was wrong, and being with Chuck and opening herself up to love does not make her weak, it makes her brave and strong. Until S5 Blair was always this real hero character, a warrior for love, and whilst I can't be angry with her for struggling to be brave after losing her baby and nearly losing Chuck, I do think that S5 has to end with her coming back to herself.

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:17 AM

When was the last time Chuck/Blair were fun and enjoyable? 2008?

I think Chuck and Blair were enjoyable this year. 510 might be the only episode this season that made sense. Also I think the fact that they have a real history instead of a forced one full of things we know are not true.

Until S5 Blair was always this real hero character, a warrior for love, and whilst I can't be angry with her for struggling to be brave after losing her baby and nearly losing Chuck, I do think that S5 has to end with her coming back to herself.

YES!!! Can you imagine real Blair letting herself become estranged from Serena? spending so much time having bad sex and doing dishes in Brooklyn? I agree that Blair was a warrior for love and right now she has sort of woke up as a character in someone else's dream so she has to get that power to fight for her dreams back. I like the idea that Chuck is going to back off and just want her to be happy and for them to be friends. We are seeing him redo and repair mistakes of the past and there is no chance they would have him do that just to end up alone. So while we saw Louis and Dan pressure Blair and not want her to be alone or find herself or not accept decisions she has made Chuck has been sort of the silent strength supporting and loving Blair and not hurting her. I think these episodes are about rewarding Dan because of Safran's character crush but by the finale they will have the show back to a place where it actually makes sense and even if they are not reunited Blair's intense love for Chuck will be clear.

Its sad for me to see this Blair who seems to not be herself and whose happiness seems forced and unreal. Its clear that she needed a break post Louis and she needs time to find herself. Hopefully even though she is stuck with Dan in the relationship with the least chemistry in the world she is actually also using this time to build up the courage to fix her relationship with Chuck.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Until S5 Blair was always this real hero character, a warrior for love, and whilst I can't be angry with her for struggling to be brave after losing her baby and nearly losing Chuck, I do think that S5 has to end with her coming back to herself.

IA with this and I loved the term of "warrior of love". She has to come back to herself and I also think she will. Thats because for this season I am only looking forward to the finale. I want this horrible season to end ASAP. But I have to admit I enjoyed Chuck and Serena so much.

She lost so much and I'd prefer to see how she dealed with her losses, for example after her baby even tho she wouldn't let Chuck be there again. I melted when Chuck said "All I wanted to be there for you, after the baby". Reminded me her in 2x15 when Chuck screwed up and Blair said the exact things. Situation is different of cource. If they would keep her in character we would have seen amazing scenes instead of this slapstick comedy that I hate. Its not even comedy. It literally hurted me to see her not caring about her baby more than 5 seconds. And in last episode she was totally another person. What a wasted storyline. What a cheap shot. I see her as Claire right now and I don't like her like this. Calling NJBC to the rescue.

inanityrules

inanityrules

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Anyway, I've really been enjoying Chuck's growth arc this season and thinking back on Blair's words in 5.14 about her and Chuck needing to be equals before they get back together makes me think that's where this season is heading.

[snip] I think Chuck has grown quite a bit from his dark season 3 and 4 days, but I still see a lot of his original arrogance when he deals with Blair. As of 2012, he tried to publicly humiliate Blair after her miscarriage when she wouldn't talk to him, tried to sabotage and destroy the career of the guy she kissed, tried to trap her into a loveless marriage so she couldn't be with Dan, and smugly told Georgina that she'd "come back to her senses" in 5x17 and be with him eventually (the exact same line he used after assaulting her in 4x20 as well, when Blair was with Louis).

I just don't see how he has changed in terms of treating Blair as an object of his desire, without any thoughts or feelings of her own. He literally questioned her mental competency, twice, for choosing to be with a man other than him. He's always had a condescending attitude towards her but this literally takes the cake. I used to love Chuck and Blair back in the day just as much as anyone, but they're just not conceivable to me as an endgame couple on this show anymore and I think the writers are doing quite a job of showing it.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:28 PM.
Manners

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

As of 2012, he tried to publicly humiliate Blair after her miscarriage when she wouldn't talk to him

That actually ended up being Dan. He released a video to everyone at her wedding showing that she loved Chuck not Louis and causing her embarrassment, her family to almost lose everything and ending her marriage.

I see her as Claire right now and I don't like her like this. Calling NJBC to the rescue.

Well I think once she starts to break away from the Dan isolation and spend time with her friends we will see a return to real Blair. Right now she is playing a role to keep Dan happy but ultimately she needs to be with someone who loves and respects her like she does them. Dan loves the Blair he has created in his mind while Chuck loves the real Blair.

No Second Troy

No Second Troy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

[snip]

Chuck is too busy sleeping with Dan's agent and prostitutes to concern himself too much with Blair's happiness- and that's before we even mention his latest Bass family drama

Luckily Blair's never looked happier so I guess this break up has been a win win

Edited by TWoP Mars, Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.
Boards on boards

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

I'm not sure if you've read the latest interviews in the Media thread but the writers have confirmed that it's the exact opposite of this. Of course, YMMV from theirs but to me this seems like nothing more than pure fanwanking to write off Dan and Blair's relationship.

I absolutely dismiss 90% of what Safran says because he changes course every interview. He literally makes things up to justify whatever he is doing and even if watching past episodes will prove him wrong. Why would he ever threaten the next couple episodes by not sounding positive about DB? He is stuck with the story. I dismiss DB much in the same way I dismiss LB. I know they have to push what is onscreen but IMO this will be done by the finale and while DB will have a solid friendship CB will either be back together or on obstacle number 390.

What I am really curious about is whether CB will reunite this season or whether they will admit they are meant to be and decide to spend the summer apart?

Edited by Prinnie, Apr 8, 2012 @ 4:57 PM.

mylatestfling

mylatestfling

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

What I am really curious about is whether CB will reunite this season or whether they will admit they are meant to be and decide to spend the summer apart?

I wonder about that too. Something that I think is cool is that Chuck's words to Blair in 1.18 are coming back. The stuff about not giving up on people you love - we've seen Blair stand through Chuck through so much, and now Chuck is redressing the balance by standing by Blair (even though he's giving Blair space and getting involved in his family stuff, he doesn't seem to be moving on or getting over her). Also Chuck's words about "taking it slow" in 1.18 - Chuck and Blair have never been able to do that really. Their love and connection is so strong that when they finally got together in Season 3 they were basically living together and acting like a married couple straight away. I would really love to see Chuck and Blair actually date, take things slow, have fun together. There was so much of that stuff mentioned in S3 and 4.7-9 but it was all off-screen - I want to actually see it this time.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

Frankly I get what I get from the screen. And here everybody suggests their interpretation over the SLs. Anyone suggesting "D loves B so much" doesn't make me see it either. So everybody gets what they get obviously. For me D is horrible this season and not just to Serena, he is terrible to Blair too. He might seem like doing good things in the name of love but true love is what Chuck is doing behind the scenes, anonymously being there for Blair and protecting her happiness whomever she wants to be with. This is amazing and rootworthy in my eyes. And this is what happens/will happen on screen, IMO.

Even in the most hardest times I enjoy what I saw on screen when it comes to CB. Their amazing chemistry is uncomparable. Their love, understanding, balancing are always compelling. Also the best acting there is to watch with all angst and drama there are no better carriers of the story and the scene than EL and CB for me. They have everything for me to watch. Not just drama. In one scene I laugh, cry, get exited or emotional which means amazing talent and storytelling for me. Never and ever boring and always exiting. I prefer the reletively worst scene of CB over any other relatively amazing scene on GG. I root for them so much to find their ways back together but I wanted them to fall in love again before reuniting, staying friends and being there for each other. Maybe this is time for that to happen?

Frankly I want Blair to have alone time for a while before reuniting with Chuck. Because she jumped from man to man this season that I disliked so very much. Being flakey is others' thing not Chuck and Blair's but they made it like that. So them deciding to be apart for a while wouldn't hurt me but I really want her to acknowledge how she has hurt people including herself (as Serena said in 5x13) in the process (including D btw). Because I want Chuck and Blair reunite for good.

Can't she have the ring to give back to Chuck again? Because Chuck tried to propose (poorly) two times. Blair gave the ring after first time and maybe this time it will be again her term to give the ring back and saying "I am ready". I always dreamed about a scene like that for this season's finale, where she finds the ring Chuck let go of in 5x6 and gives back to him. Because she was really upset to hear that he let it go. I really love that HW ring also :)

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Chuck and Blair have never been able to do that really. Their love and connection is so strong that when they finally got together in Season 3 they were basically living together and acting like a married couple straight away. I would really love to see Chuck and Blair actually date, take things slow, have fun together. There was so much of that stuff mentioned in S3 and 4.7-9 but it was all off-screen - I want to actually see it this time.

YES!! I feel like after watching Chuck sulk all season and Blair bounce between chemistry less relationships I am so ready to see her in a relationship where there is some chemistry and see Chuck actually smile. IMO the show desperately needs that. Especially after fantasy land and drunk land.

Can't she have the ring to give back to Chuck again? Because Chuck tried to propose (poorly) two times. Blair gave the ring after first time and maybe this time it will be again her term to give the ring back and saying "I am ready". I always dreamed about a scene like that for this season's finale, where she finds the ring Chuck let go of in 5x6 and gives back to him. Because she was really upset to hear that he let it go. I really love that HW ring also :)

The ring needs to return. I feel like her giving the ring back because she is ready to marry him is the perfect circle for them.

iamnotjasmine

iamnotjasmine

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

He literally questioned her mental competency, twice, for choosing to be with a man other than him.

You didn't? I've been questioning Blair's mental competency for most of the season. I think Chuck's reaction was more than reasonable given that she told him, "I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together" and then married Louis, and then after Louis screwed her over, she told Chuck "Louis won't touch me" and basically implied 1. That she wasn't going to sleep with him and 2. That she was waiting to be with Chuck post-divorce.

Repeatedly suggesting Dan is isolating Blair won't make it true LOL

No, but watching the show and seeing that Dan and Blair are in fact isolated from everyone else does.

YES!! I feel like after watching Chuck sulk all season and Blair bounce between chemistry less relationships I am so ready to see her in a relationship where there is some chemistry and see Chuck actually smile. IMO the show desperately needs that. Especially after fantasy land and drunk land.

I agree. There has to be some payoff for Chuck's season-long depression and I feel like Blair has to finally come to terms with her losses. We have yet to see Blair mourn anything or take any steps towards bettering her situation. I do feel like Dan has a place in Blair's life, but I also think he is unhealthily boosting her ego. Her warped perception of herself through "Claire" is making her feel a lot more proud of herself than she should be, IMO.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

I am looking forward to Chuck and Blair's reunion. I am sure I'll cry out of joy again like I did in 2x25. LOL.

Freckles101

Freckles101

Fanatic

• Interests:Television, especially Lost, Heroes, Gossip Girl, Veronica Mars, American Idol, Buffy, HIMYM, Pushing Daisies, Alias, Ugly Betty, Bones, and So You Think You Can Dance. Also, reading, listening to music, and baking.

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

No, but watching the show and seeing that Dan and Blair are in fact isolated from everyone else does.

MTE. Honestly, I don’t care WHY Blair is isolated, just the fact that she is. Dan is by far my least favorite character on the show, and Blair’s lack of screentime shared with Chuck and Serena makes it very hard for me to bring myself to watch the recent episodes. If she were still interacting with them, I might be able to tolerate Dan/Blair better, but the fact remains that the show does isolate D/B in their own little bubble.

Chuck and Blair have never been able to do that really. Their love and connection is so strong that when they finally got together in Season 3 they were basically living together and acting like a married couple straight away. I would really love to see Chuck and Blair actually date, take things slow, have fun together. There was so much of that stuff mentioned in S3 and 4.7-9 but it was all off-screen - I want to actually see it this time.

I want this SO badly. As much as I love Chuck and Blair having sex and scheming (which is part of why I loved their dynamic in “The Witches of Bushwick” so much), that’s not all their relationship is, and it would be really great to see them actually act their own ages and be...IDK, more casual and not so serious (in both definitions of the word). At the same time, I really don’t want to see them get back together immediately? Blair really needs to be alone for a while, and I’m rooting for her having some kind of “I choose me” moment in the finale, as that would be a tangible way of her actually growing as a person. (And on a somewhat related note, I really hope that if/when Dan and Blair break up, Chuck isn’t the main reason, at least directly. If it’s at least in part because of Blair’s continued feelings for Chuck, then okay, but I don’t want more cheating.)

Edited by Freckles101, Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:38 PM.

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

I used to really want to see CB dating and in the beggining stage same as how I wanted to see time devoted to a Chuck and Blair wedding but now that I know what the writers think is interesting in those stories I am good to pass. I feel like once Chuck and Blair are reunited they will give them more of a "Us against the world" story. I think they will be about building a future and what they want that future to be. I still see a very quick wedding with just friends and family present.

xCosmicLove

xCosmicLove

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I used to really want to see CB dating and in the beggining stage same as how I wanted to see time devoted to a Chuck and Blair wedding but now that I know what the writers think is interesting in those stories I am good to pass. I feel like once Chuck and Blair are reunited they will give them more of a "Us against the world" story. I think they will be about building a future and what they want that future to be. I still see a very quick wedding with just friends and family present.

I agree, Prinnie. I feel like Chuck and Blair are so far beyond just dating even when they aren't together. When they do get back together, I think we'll definitely see them dealing with external issues as a mature couple. I would love an "Us against the world" storyline, as there is so much the writers could do with that. I am really hoping that we at least see some of CB's potential realized next season. And I agree that an intimate, quickie wedding is probably what we'll see for CB.

DevilRedeemed

DevilRedeemed

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I agree, Prinnie. I feel like Chuck and Blair are so far beyond just dating even when they aren't together. When they do get back together, I think we'll definitely see them dealing with external issues as a mature couple. I would love an "Us against the world" storyline, as there is so much the writers could do with that. I am really hoping that we at least see some of CB's potential realized next season. And I agree that an intimate, quickie wedding is probably what we'll see for CB.

If the show does, in fact, get a shortened sixth season, I think the writers have a lot to wrap up in ~13 episodes. Therefore, I think whatever choice Blair makes in the finale will be a permanent one and given interviews with America's favorite EP, Josh Safran, when Chuck and Blair do come back to one another, their relationship will likely be taken to the next level -- that spells proposal to me. Given that we've already seen the planning of a "lavish" royal wedding, I think something simpler would be better (and easier in the shortened time frame). And I think an "Us against the world" storyline is highly possible given that Serena and Blair are due for their annual cat fight soon and if/when Blair does choose Chuck, I'm wondering how Dan will handle that choice. I'm hoping the decision is mutual, or at least he sees it coming, similar to Nair in Season Two. Anyway, I'm eager to see Chuck's family drama finally put to bed so Chuck can have a chance at happiness and can prove his growth to those who question it. I also think this is a great way for CB to come full circle and completely start over with the past behind them.

Fluttering

Fluttering

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

If they get just 13 episodes next year I'd love to see them paint Chuck and Blair as the couple I envisioned them being together- a powerful,UES couple who schemes together, is the envy of the UES,and kind of rules the world. Of course I want them to have loving,caring times as well, but I want to see the powerful force I know they can be together.

Prinnie

Prinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I think Chuck and Blair as a couple could absolutely rule the world. I also could see them becoming more active in trying to find make their friends happy and get them in happy relationships. I often wonder if CB reuniting the finale could mean a SN redo in season 6. CB and SN dating again would be perfect.

One thing I think this season has done for me is that I don't think a third party obstacle could work again. I feel like Blouis dragged on and DB is too painful to watch with its boredom and weird version of Blair. I am not sure how they could make anyone believe in another obstacle. Once they reunite them its for good. I am curious if CB will reunite and get engaged right away or wait for awhile. I still sort of see Blair doing the proposing. I know it seems crazy right now but I feel like it will be her.

LadyGuGu

LadyGuGu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

MTE. Honestly, I don’t care WHY Blair is isolated, just the fact that she is. Dan is by far my least favorite character on the show, and Blair’s lack of screentime shared with Chuck and Serena makes it very hard for me to bring myself to watch the recent episodes. If she were still interacting with them, I might be able to tolerate Dan/Blair better, but the fact remains that the show does isolate D/B in their own little bubble.

I so much agree with this!! Literally everywhere and its so disturbing.

One of the things with Chuck and Blair is how I love them being involved in many of the other characters' storylines yet being the driver of the story and not creating an isolation. Also they are still the story, IMO.

I think Chuck and Blair as a couple could absolutely rule the world. I also could see them becoming more active in trying to find make their friends happy and get them in happy relationships. I often wonder if CB reuniting the finale could mean a SN redo in season 6. CB and SN dating again would be perfect.

I am looking forward to the days Chuck and Blair will be back on top as a couple and I would love an SN 2.0. We only saw one double date with NJBC when they were a couple. They have wasted so many things in Season 3!

One thing I think this season has done for me is that I don't think a third party obstacle could work again. I feel like Blouis dragged on and DB is too painful to watch with its boredom and weird version of Blair. I am not sure how they could make anyone believe in another obstacle. Once they reunite them its for good. I am curious if CB will reunite and get engaged right away or wait for awhile. I still sort of see Blair doing the proposing. I know it seems crazy right now but I feel like it will be her.

They made even "God" one of the obstacles and nothing worked. LOL. DB is nothing, and I think people give much credit to them than they deserve. Because they don't even seem rootworthy couple to me. Blair is OOC as writers said and as seen on the screen and D became his worst self with her too while Chuck gets amazing growth. I want Chuck and Blair reunion for good too thats why I'm curious if they are gonna reunite at the end of the season. Because we know how they love to keep them apart for "drama".

But of course they can handle their issues while growing up together and as a team. They were so happy together and I hope its a matter of "time" they would remember those days again. Maybe they have refenced from the movie "The Vow"?

I always imagined them trying to get things slow at first; but of course it wouldn't work with them as it didn't work in Season 4 or like it didn't work for Rufus and Lily and I think they will make a leap too. Maybe at the end of this season they get married as a consequence of a spontenous decision. They were basicly married when they were a couple. So they know and feel that they are ready but being officially married is different so they deal with being married in Season 6, adjusting in it? Because Chuck lived in hotels since his childhood and however he craved for a family (and a family life) it would have been difficult to suddenly adjust his life in it. Because Blair wouldn't want to live in a hotel suit when she is married IMO. Or maybe thats what Blair will be thinking again just like she thought "fatherhood not being Chuck Bass lifestyle" before. And they can fight over things in a fun way. "Bass get your ass here in bed!" LOL. (Reminded me 3x5 Blair saying "Where are you going? I have tension!!! LMAO!!).

Ohh how I miss their cute sexy banter and their coupling times. They are perfect for and with each other.

I also want Chuck buying a penthouse, moving out from the Empire for a long time. Nothing against Empire but I think its time for him to keep business at business and home at home. Blair can continue pursuing her ambitions we all adored how she was fighting for. They can help each other again. Serena and Blair can be in the outs but Chuck and Nate can help them mend their relationship? Like in Season 3.

One of the questions in my mind is will Blair ever gonna learn the million times Chuck has been selfless with her and not just this season?

Edited by LadyGuGu, Apr 14, 2012 @ 2:54 PM.