RuPaul's Drag U

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

700 replies to this topic

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

I'm generally fine with every choices made here. Tyra was not good while Bebe was fine once and sucked the other, so good riddance. I liked Ongina well enough, but frankly, she's made her time. It was clear last season that she didn't pop enough against the other girls. I'm actually more bummed about Carmen. While I agree she lacks a bit of personality, she was quite good in both her episodes and did wonders for the confidence of that lady with the nose thing. I personally would have also ditched Morgan and Pandora too. Morgan because while she redeemed herself quite a lot with Drag U, she's kinda bland compared to the others and Pandora because whatever her other talents may be, she's not really good in Drag U: she's not that great with the relooking and even her quips seems lack luster. If I had to guess, Morgan is probably there because she's based really close to the studio and if you bring in her drag mother, ditching her would just not be a great thing to do while Pandora is there because of her fanbase. I like them both though, so I'm ok with that.

As for the new addition, they seem obvious. Delta and Latrice will probably be with Sharon on that big girl episode, Raja is self explanatory and I was surprised Alexis wasn't there last season. Willam should be hilarious. I hope she gets episodes with Raven, Jujubee or Manila.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

Krispy24 your link only shows Drag U is coming back in June; I don't see a confirmation on the returning queens or new ones. Where is the link showing the professors for season 3?

Delta as a professor? Really? I find that hard to believe...

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

Delta as a professor? Really? I find that hard to believe...

I don't: Delta was one of the most polished queens they had period, and certainly the most polished big girl. She'll probably only be on the big girl episode alongside Latrice and Sharon, give or take another episode. She was also hilarious in an off the cuff way, when she was joking with the others. The oressure of the competition made her crumble, and she got way too caught up in the Heather/Booger bullshit drama, but remove those aspects and she's a polished, funny queen, exactly what Drag U will be perfect for, IMO.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

I completely agree, Delta like Mariah was funny off-screen when they are not in the challenges. And until this day, even with Latrice, Delta is the only polished big girl, heck one of the more polished queens in the whole race.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

Krispy24 your link only shows Drag U is coming back in June; I don't see a confirmation on the returning queens or new ones. Where is the link showing the professors for season 3?

Huh, it looks like Logo took down the "Meet the Cast" section of the site. Willam had posted a link to the site on Twitter yesterday to announce his involvement in the show. There's no direct link to the show's page on the main Logo site, so perhaps they altered it because they didn't want the cast officially revealed just yet? Although it's worth a grain of salt, Wikipedia does reflect the new cast changes.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 4:23 AM

Looks like it was an accident, but that is definitely the final list.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:23 AM

So glad that Sharon, Chad, Latrice and Willam (yay Willam!) have been confirmed!

I really hope that Raven isn't featured in every other episode in the new season of Drag U like she was (or what it seemed like she was) in the last season of Drag U. I thought she did really well with most of the contestants she was paired up with but I can only take so much of her before I want to pop her overinflated lips with a pin.

impqueen

impqueen

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

I'm thrilled with this lineup, although I wouldn't have minded seeing Carmen return. I fear that dealing with her transition (either her own choice or WOW's) may have kept her away this time. But I'm loving the lineup as it is, because it's gonna be really fun watching how they combine the fiercitude on each episode. I mean, Willam and Pandora? Sharon and Delta? Manila and Chad? Raven and Raja? Raven, Sharon, and Willam? Help me Lord, Jesus is a biscuit, may the odds be ever in your favor, etc.

I'm just sad I don't live close enough to get on the show. I could use a drag mother in my life.

ViQueen

ViQueen

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

LMAO at PhiPhi's claim that she was asked to appear on Drag U but turned them down. That is a 5G's moment for sure.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Exactly...I want to know how she found the dream world she lives in.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

LMAO at PhiPhi's claim that she was asked to appear on Drag U but turned them down. That is a 5G's moment for sure.

That could be true, but maybe they did ask her, and she might have the mistaken idea that Drag Race threw her under the bus, and declined it. You can never tell. But yeah, Phi2 is a bad fit for Drag U; this is a competition on improving a woman's self-confidence and appearance, rather than being a bloodthirsty bitch.

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

I would stomach Phi Phi on Drag U just to have Raven and Jujubee take her to the library. But I guess it wouldn't be worth it for the poor woman that gets saddled with Phi Phi in the process.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

Phi Phi needs to stop.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

I do take some schadenfreude from Fical's exploits (the ones that hurt only herself) such as bragging that she turned down offers. Because I know I've worked with too many Ficals in the workplace. People who behave just like her. My guess is a lot of people have known at least one Fical in their lifetime. That's why it's delicious when a reality show villain gets theirs. She may have been rewarded to a point on the show itself but the public really does hate her.

There is no freakin' way RuPaul asked Fical to be on Drag U but Fical was just too busy filling eyeglass prescriptions. Oh bitch please! Thank you for my belly-laugh of the day. They say laughter is good for the soul. Thank you.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

Perhaps, Phi Phi thinks that since there isn't a 100,000 dollar prize that she couldn't be bothered to be part of Drag U. It's too bad if she actually did turn it down. She could've done some image rehab. It might've helped.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

It makes absolutely no sense for her to turn down being on Drag U if she had been offered. It could have been a chance for her to redeem herself and show that she isn't a truly despicable human being. Not to mention the money she would get as well. And it's not like she has anything else going on in her life that she would be passing up a better opportunity if she were on Drag U. No one's banging down the door to try to get her. 5Gs.

allegory

allegory

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

I agree that Delta, while having her own breakdown was one of the most polished queens and has the potential, especially if it's a big girl episode, to shine on Drag U. I'm loving the idea of Sharon, Latrice and Delta for Big Girls. Especially since Sharon would be so hysterical with her drive and ambition mixed in with almost failing in her brain and intermittent insecurities...having fake fights with Delta and Latrice over her ability to do a big girl when she's a toothpick.

I think I read somewhere that the Drag U format is going to change so it'll be fun to watch.

I'm dying to see Raja with Raven because off tv they are funny in real life. There's a funny uTube of Raja doing RiRi - I forget which song - and doing NSFW moves on Raven when in the audience as David. I'm expecting Raja to get it out of her head that she's tired of doing makeovers, pull out her empathetic and "power of fuck you" skills, like she did for Delta for the LSFYL. She's got that mature understanding of how to deal with insecurities especially when faced with something that's really hard - like being on RPDR and pulling it off. But being a hippie type and living in her own world I wonder if she can focus enough on directing the girls. I remember thinking she threw the Jocks challenge because she put her Jock in high heeled mules FFS, and he couldn't walk to begin with. The other queens had the presence of mind to use a lower heel and/or an ankle or cross foot strap. And Kenya smartly GLUED the shoe on, which I never thought of!

Even if Carmen were feeling up to doing Drag U and they wanted her, I'm thinking it's too confusing to have an actual man with what are now REAL boobs on the show that's supposed to be regular male drag queens. Not fitting the narrative or subject matter they want to cover at least in the past.

Overall, I'm extremely GRATEFUL that they didn't include Shangela (who would probably be ok by now, truth be told) or Phi2 just for drama/comedy. Although I could see Shangela being funny when faced with the challenge of doing all the things she sucked at. Unfortunately for Phi2, whatever skills she has performing and sewing etc, wouldn't out weigh her complete lack of genuine empathy, even if once or twice she showed a flicker of forced empathy with her competitors.Twice out of 13 episodes LOL.

Edited by allegory, May 18, 2012 @ 11:19 AM.

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Unfortunately for Phi2, whatever skills she has performing and sewing etc, wouldn't out weigh her complete lack of genuine empathy, even if once or twice she showed a flicker of forced empathy with her competitors.Twice out of 13 episodes LOL.

Actually the only two times she acted like someone caring there was still an alterior motive. She "comforted" Jiggly by forcing all the sympathy towards herself by attempting to outcry Jiggly

The second incident was giving the phone to Chad. We all know it was because he had not friends to to talk to and according to Willam, he had a cell phone. So, no. He never really was sympathetic to anyone.

jace

jace

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

There's a funny uTube of Raja doing RiRi - I forget which song - and doing NSFW moves on Raven when in the audience as David.

Anyone have that? I'd love to see it.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

New Drag U preview is up, and am I mistaking my queens or is that Phi in there right before the clip of Manila?

ETA: Nevermind. Once I was able to pause it in the right frame I could see it's Mariah. Sorry Mariah! :o

Edited by Sol Apollo, May 22, 2012 @ 5:02 PM.

Anakaris

Anakaris

Video Archivist

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

OMG, I'm like, sooooo excited.

So from the preview it looks like we'll have episodes with:
Jujubee, Latrice, Manila
Jujubee, Chad, Raven
Willam, Chad, Morgan
Raja, Sharon, ?
Raven, Shannel, ?

These have some great potential for interaction of all varieties from sunny to shady. Can't wait!

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Jujubee, Raven, and Chad are going to be a hoot! I can see the Raja/Sharon/? episode as being entertaining as well.. double the winners, double the fun?

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

While I am still scratching my head over the addition of Delta and Alexis I am totally jazzed over Raja, Sharon, & Chad being added to the cast! I am just biting at the bit to see Raja on my tv again! June 18th can not get here fast enough.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

I'm taking bets now: Willam will have an *actual* breakdown/breakthrough on the show. Not a manufactured "I was on Boston Public with you!" moment, but I get a feeling RuPaul will find someone to have Willam mentor who will push an emotional button of hers. They've done this to Jujubee twice (nurse with cancer, and her sister), Raven (her mom), and I could see this happening to Willam.

*Speculation, not spoilers*

Edited by AtlanticVamp, May 28, 2012 @ 12:36 AM.

robo192

robo192

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 1:29 AM

I'm taking bets now: Willam will have an *actual* breakdown/breakthrough on the show. Not a manufactured "I was on Boston Public with you!" moment, but I get a feeling RuPaul will find someone to have Willam mentor who will push an emotional button of hers. They've done this to Jujubee twice (nurse with cancer, and her sister), Raven (her mom), and I could see this happening to Willam.

*Speculation, not spoilers*

I šan see this happening too. Would make very good TV and do wonders for Willams acting resume!!

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

The previews are up here for the first episode of Drag U. I think its called The Real Divorcees of L.A. and its gonna feature Manila, Juju, and Latrice. Manila is serving up McDonalds realness!

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

Previews look fantastic...thanks dirtybubble! Absolutely lurve Manila's McDonalds outfit! I can't wait for the premiere.

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

Love Manila's outfit for hate hate haet the hairdo. Love Jujube's makeup especially whith her boaci wig.

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

Love Manila's outfit for hate hate haet the hairdo. Love Jujube's makeup especially whith her boaci wig.

Logo has been showing S1 eps. They did one where Manila & Jujubee got to makeover their sisters. It was sweet to see how close they are. Ravens Mom was on too. She is stunning.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Logo has been showing S1 eps. They did one where Manila & Jujubee got to makeover their sisters. It was sweet to see how close they are. Ravens Mom was on too. She is stunning.

I hope they do more family episodes as well. Its fun to see the queen's families! I kinda wish they would do something like this on RPDR. Maybe bring a family member in and instead of making over DILFs they can makeover their sister or mom.