Baggage: Same Springer...Fewer Lowlifes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

37 replies to this topic

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:55 AM

I just cannot make myself watch anything that Jerry Springer is on. Whenever I see his name I automatically think 'trash TV'.

Phred62

Phred62

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

I'm not sure why I like this show since I hate most trashy shows (Jersey Shore I'm looking at you) but I kind of get a kick out of it. Granted the "on the spot" interviews tend to have me cringing and looking away from the screen.
Has anyone else noticed that when it's a guy looking for a girl, the girls tend to be very attractive but when it's a girl looking for a guy the guys tend to be gooney looking mofos? Either way sometimes it seems like they just pull a janitor from the building or a crew guy to be one of the choices.

Ranlsa1

Ranlsa1

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 7:37 PM

Did anyone see today's show? Not only was it as weird as usual, but the girl he pciekd iopenly said she just wanted him for a three-way with her boyfriend! She openly said she was just looking for a plaything.

Great, now I got the Justin Timberlake's SNL perforamce in my head now!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

Thank you, Baggage!

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

• Interests:Classic rock, bead weaving, playing the guitar and writing music.

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

My wife and I just got hooked on this show, and I am at both amused and horrified by what I see on here. I don't know how old the episode is, but I was wondering if anyone saw the one with the woman who was wearing a bracelet supposedly made of her callouses who exchanges economy toilet paper with her family at Christmas and sleeps with a ski mask on, along with the woman who claims to have been trained to kill by the KGB in her best Natasha from "Rocky and Bullwinkle" accent and the chick who pees in pools and seems to be proud of it. Callous bracelet reminded me of the first grade teacher from "Billy Madison" who painted paste on her face and did interpretive dance during dodgeball time, and her popping up in the ski mask after she was eliminated was gold.

My wife and I decided that often the first baggage seems to be the worst of all.

Edited by Myndela, Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:34 AM.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

Though this show is unbelievably trashy and probably scripted/everyone are actors, it kind of makes me nostalgic for the "good ol' days" of the trashy dating shows like Next and Singled Out. Everyone talks in weird pick-up lines and makes you weep for humanity, but in the meanwhile you can't stop laughing.

That said, I still found the B.J. and Olivia couple very adorable, from the first time he saw her to when he couldn't stop holding her hand in the end.

Edited by niklj, May 26, 2012 @ 12:49 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

There are still boarding houses?

20 minutes outside of Boston, there are tons of rooming houses, where you rent just the bedroom for $x per month or week and you share all other facilities. It appeals to both the just out of college crowd as well as to the older not so hard working person (typically male).

I caught a few episodes while I was home sick. What amuses me is to try to match the baggage with the contestant.

Maverick

Maverick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I was off work today and ran across this thing on a local channel this morning. I guess GSN sold their episodes to locals (? I don't get GSN). I had seen clips on The Soup, but the 10 minutes I watched were even worse than that.

If it wasn't already plainly obvious the whole thing is fake and scripted, it was confirmed when I finally placed one of the guys with the "baggage" of liking his sensitive nipples rubbed and having masturbated for money. His name is Cameron Graham and he was on a Canadian show called Paradise Falls.

The whole thing is beyond lame. Jerry Springer left America's Got Talent for this??

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 7:26 PM

I was working in advertising for a major international airline at the time this show debuted.  The media agency suggested a sponsorship.  Unless the airline's name is Hooters Air, who would be a fit for this???